PDA

View Full Version : Corporal Punishment

Nbadan
09-29-2012, 12:36 AM
Spare the rod spoil the child?

Rather than spend two days in in-school suspension for allegedly letting another student copy her classwork, Taylor Santos, a well-regarded student and athlete at Springtown High School, near Fort Worth, Texas, chose to get paddled.

As her mother, Anna Jorgensen, told ABC News affiliate WFAA-TV in Dallas, Taylor didn't want to miss any classes because "her grades are very important to her."

So Santos went to the vice principal's office to request a paddling. She called her mom, who said that as long as her daughter was OK with it, so was she. According to school policy, parents who don't want their children to subject to corporal punishment must submit a written statement each year.

What neither Jorgenson nor Santos knew was that a man - the vice principal - would be doing the swatting, while a female watched. As far as Jorgensen knew, she said, school policy mandated that males spanked males and females spanked females.

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/mom-angry-male-vice-principal-spanked-her-daughter-234456335--abc-news-topstories.html

I'm not for corporal punishment, but kids need to be held accountable for their bad decisions, even those made rashly....

CosmicCowboy
09-29-2012, 09:17 AM
It's only bad if the guy pops wood.

MaNuMaNiAc
09-29-2012, 09:25 AM
All I know is no one is hitting my kids other than me or my wife. Tell me what they did I'll decide whether they need to be hit or not. I'm not against corporal punishment but not by the school.

I don't actually have kids, but if did i'm saying

ploto
09-29-2012, 12:18 PM
The guy who gave her the spankings claimed it was not against school policy, when it clearly was. So how will he be punished - by having someone twice his size beat him?