PDA

View Full Version : Bonds Update

3rdCoast
06-26-2005, 05:17 AM
LINK (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2094697)

Barry Bonds' rehab from knee surgery is in "a holding pattern," said the trainer of the San Francisco Giants on Saturday.

Trainer Stan Conte said that after a period of time in which the swelling in Bonds' right knee had subsided, the swelling increased mid-week following continued workouts.

Barry Bonds
Bonds

"Right now we are in a holding pattern," Conte said. "The key is that once we get him into baseball-related activities, he stays in baseball-related activities."

Bonds will not travel with the team on its six-game road trip next week to Arizona and San Diego.

This past Thursday the Giants slugger told MLB.com that he might play into the 2007 season if he's approaching Hank Aaron's home run record of 755.

The seven-time NL MVP, who turns 41 on July 24, hasn't played this season as he recovers from three operations on his right knee since Jan. 31. He is progressing in his rehab and still hopes to play before the end of the year.

He knows he might need to play beyond 2006 when his contract expires to reach Aaron's record, and he has said he hopes to retire with the Giants. Bonds has 703 career homers, 11 shy of Babe Ruth and 52 from tying Aaron's record.

"I've played all these scenarios over and over again in my head," Bonds was quoted as saying. "I've always thought it would take the better part of two seasons before I passed Hank. If I'm within striking distance in 2007, I plan to play. Who knows how important Hank's record is? But as long as I'm healthy, I want to give it a try. ... It might not be here. But I'd hope the Giants would still want me. I'd like to finish my career in this shirt."

Bonds batted .362 last season with 45 homers and 101 RBI and walked a major league-record 232 times on the way to his record seventh MVP award. He has been upbeat lately and eager to rejoin his teammates and take the pressure off them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope Bonds returns this season and in his first at bat, he gets nailed in the head with a 97 MPH fastball. I hope he gets injured again and just hangs 'em up. I hate this tool. I would not shed a tear if he retired - or died for that matter. It may be wrong to think like that, but he is just a jerk. Simple as that.

N.Y. Johnny
06-26-2005, 12:17 PM
Fuck Bonds

I hope he never comes back fuckin juicer!

Brodels
06-26-2005, 04:06 PM
It certainly would be better for baseball if he didn't come back. I hate to wish injury upon anyone, but I hope his knee never improves. He's really a farce now, and I don't want to see him taking a shot at the records.

Das Texan
06-27-2005, 11:29 PM
curse of the bambino i tell you.

Horry For 3!
06-30-2005, 09:46 PM
Actually I like Bonds and even if he does steriods. That still doesn't help you see the baseball and make contact. It may give you a little more strength but it doesn't improve your swinging and such. He is still one of the best hitters in the major leagues ever period. I wouldn't mind seeing him back because he makes baseball more exciting.

Extra Stout
07-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Actually I like Bonds and even if he does steriods. That still doesn't help you see the baseball and make contact. It may give you a little more strength but it doesn't improve your swinging and such. He is still one of the best hitters in the major leagues ever period. I wouldn't mind seeing him back because he makes baseball more exciting.Steroids turn a routine fly out into a home run. They also take players from the fatigue of the dog days of August to the pep of Opening Day.

Bonds is a chemical creation. Unfortunately, one of the side effects of steroids is joint problems. Add to that the stress that the rapidly added muscle mass puts on the knee, and it's no surprise that Bonds is going down this way. It's how McGwire went down too.

Horry For 3!
07-06-2005, 03:13 AM
I still like to see Barry Bonds hit no matter what. Its excitement to see him bat.

DDS4
07-08-2005, 01:44 AM
The guy is an asshole but I like the way he swings the bat. Plus he plays for my hometown team.