PDA

View Full Version : Could it be.... SATAN?!?!

RandomGuy
10-01-2012, 04:05 PM
http://timothyjones.typepad.com/photos/stuff/church-lady.jpg

Wow, seriously? We elected a cartoonish caricature?

By Ken Herman

Gov. Rick Perry, on a Tuesday conference call with fellow evangelicals, chided church-state separation as a Satan-fueled myth, urged "Christian soldiers" to march to the polls and accepted thanks for ending the drought.

The comments came in a call (hear it at bit.ly/Uk0jjB ) that was part of "40 Days to Save America," a "national call to prayer, fasting and repentance" that begins Sept. 28 and runs through Election Day. Perry told call participants the nation is engaged in "spiritual warfare."

"In fact, it may be growing stronger as President Obama and his cronies in Washington continue their effort to remove any trace of religion from American life," Perry said. "And it falls on us. I mean we truly are Christian warriors, Christian soldiers, and it's for us as Americans to stand our ground and to firmly send a message to Washington that our nation is about more than some secular laws and activist courts."

America's founders, he said, relied on God's values "and the message of his son, Jesus Christ, to build the system that we as a society have enjoyed for more than 200 years." (I feel moved here to defend Jesus against the notion that he favored slavery or some of the other founding notions upon which we later improved.)

"So I urge everybody listening to commit to these 40 days," he said, "to commit to spreading the word about this extraordinary event, commit to encouraging your fellow members of your congregation, or for that matter the people you work around daily, to join you in committing to taking the decisive action we need to spread God's grace throughout the United States."

A caller asked Perry, "Does the Christian vote really matter?"

It does, he said, segueing into a riff about "this separation of church and state which has been driven by the secularists."

It's a "narrative," he said, "that has been going on, particularly since the '60s, that somehow (or) another there is this steel wall, this iron curtain, whatever you want to call it, between" church and state.

"The idea that we should be sent to the sidelines, I will suggest to you, is very driven by those who are not truthful. Satan runs across the world with his doubt and his untruths and what have you, and one of the untruths out there (that) is driven is that people of faith should not be involved in the public arena," he said.

I think Perry may be missing the point about church-state separation.

No reasonable person believes people of faith (or people of no faith or people of a faith other than the governor's) should be barred from the public arena. But lots of reasonable people believe in the church-state separation notion that prevents people of faith from using government to further a particular faith, such as through public school prayer.

In ending the call, host Rev. Rick Scarborough referred to "the Response," Perry's August 2011 Houston prayer rally. Scarborough said "the press was willing to mock the calling for prayer and fasting but had failed to document that what everyone thought would take years to replenish our lakes and streams almost happened in three months."

"It began raining," Scarborough told Perry. "This year, our farmers have had a record year of harvesting their hay, and I take all that back to the courageous call of a governor of a state to the people to pray and fast and the fact that you led in that day. ... Thank you for your leadership in our state."

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local/perry-and-the-devil-and-church-state-separation/nSLXM/

(facepalm)

Really GOP, you can't do better?

I can suck up the fact that I have to live in a Red state (for now, buwhahahahaha), but can't you jackaninnies come up with someone who isn't batshit crazy or a total airhead?

boutons_deux
10-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Texas, the greatest state in the Union, elects this clown over and over and over. The United Corporations of Texas know an easy sucker when they buy one.

TeyshaBlue
10-01-2012, 04:38 PM
http://timothyjones.typepad.com/photos/stuff/church-lady.jpg

Wow, seriously? We elected a cartoonish caricature?

http://www.statesman.com/news/news/local/perry-and-the-devil-and-church-state-separation/nSLXM/

(facepalm)

Really GOP, you can't do better?

I can suck up the fact that I have to live in a Red state (for now, buwhahahahaha), but can't you jackaninnies come up with someone who isn't batshit crazy or a total airhead?

I really have no idea how this clown keeps getting re-elected. Srsly. It's just fucking weird.

CosmicCowboy
10-01-2012, 04:42 PM
I really have no idea how this clown keeps getting re-elected. Srsly. It's just fucking weird.

I think he's like J Edgar Hoover. I think he must have the dirt on all his serious red side competition.

CosmicCowboy
10-01-2012, 04:46 PM
(I feel moved here to defend Jesus against the notion that he favored slavery or some of the other founding notions upon which we later improved.)

FWIW, according to the bible, Jesus seemed to accept the practice of slavery without any problem.

coyotes_geek
10-01-2012, 05:00 PM

Perry is never going to lose to a democrat in this state so the only shot to take him down is to get him in a 1 on 1 contest in the republican primary against a likeable moderate. Who that likeable moderate would be, I don't know. A few years ago that would have been KBH, but her opportunity got killed by having to split the anti-Perry vote with Medina.

ElNono
10-01-2012, 07:46 PM
lol goodhair

Fabbs
10-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Apparantly Larry Flints offer of 1 million for exposing a Perry sexcapade has yet to bear fruit.

Mikesatx
10-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Apparantly Larry Flints offer of 1 million for exposing a Perry sexcapade has yet to bear fruit.

After looking like such an ass in the primary it will be interesting to see what the next election brings for him. Not sure why this stuck but I always remember the tape when he or his buddy was pulled over and he he pulled the "do you know who I am" card.

Wild Cobra
10-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Larry just needs to pay prostitutes in all 50 states to set up promising candidates. then he can fabricate the good on the convincingly.

baseline bum
10-02-2012, 12:54 AM
LOL, this faggot is governor for life.