PDA

View Full Version : Is HCA more important to the Spurs than to LAL or OKC?

Ryan Fitzpatrick
10-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Even though they fell short last year despite having HCA, is it still imperative that the Spurs capture it to have any chance at winning the west?

Leetonidas
10-01-2012, 05:16 PM
They've had the #1 seed for two straight seasons and lost. I don't think it matters that much

Juggity
10-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Always better to have it than not have it. Don't think it's essential though.

therealtruth
10-01-2012, 06:35 PM
The Spurs should not be playing for HCA but to improve their defense and vary their offense. Their offense is based on 3's and points in the paint but they struggle when teams take that away in the playoffs. They need to be able mid-range jumpshots when available. They don't have the personnel to continue to get good 3's and points in the paint when disciplined and athletic teams take it away.

Nathan89
10-01-2012, 06:42 PM
I'm tired of hearing about the HCA. Our crowd sucks and the owners are too cheap to create a playoff atmosphere. We didn't go all out for it last year and we won't this year either.

ChuckD
10-01-2012, 08:34 PM
I think the most important thing is to have OKC and LAL in the same half of the bracket. If they're 1/4, I'm OK with 2 or 3. If they're 2/3, I'm OK with 1 or 4.

ChuckD
10-01-2012, 08:37 PM
I'm tired of hearing about the HCA. Our crowd sucks and the owners are too cheap to create a playoff atmosphere. We didn't go all out for it last year and we won't this year either.

How much more money is needed to create a playoff atmosphere?

therealtruth
10-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Really the only thing that matters is the defense. We've tried offense only and it doesn't work. We can score 100+ but if the other team can do the same it doesn't help.

racm
10-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Really the only thing that matters is the defense. We've tried offense only and it doesn't work. We can score 100+ but if the other team can do the same it doesn't help.

Getting key stops on defense matters more. Tbh, the Spurs had that series in the bag until the Thunder hit from midrange. In other words, OKC got hot from the second least efficient location on the court whilst the Spurs threes weren't falling.

therealtruth
10-02-2012, 03:20 AM
Getting key stops on defense matters more. Tbh, the Spurs had that series in the bag until the Thunder hit from midrange. In other words, OKC got hot from the second least efficient location on the court whilst the Spurs threes weren't falling.

You have to hit from midrange in the playoffs. Teams are not going to allow open 3's or easy points in the paint that much. That's why the Spurs fall flat on their face. It's all 3's and points in the paint which good playoff teams are not going to allow and this team is not athletic enough to continue to get those looks. The only way you can keep getting those looks is by having a dominant player that can draw double coverage. Otherwise everybody has to be ready to knock down jumpers if they are available.

Fireball
10-02-2012, 07:05 AM

Its still the fans that are responsible for the atmosphere. But it seems Spurs fans after winning 4 championships are not hungry anymore. What is the owner supposed to do about that?

Drom John
10-02-2012, 12:22 PM
According to Sagarin, home court is worth 3.08 points.
It's still important for the Spurs.