PDA

View Full Version : Tigers are winning the World Series. Deal With It.

irishock
10-01-2012, 06:10 PM
A healthy Verlander, Fister, Max and Sanchez rotation with the MVP and King Fielder after him, no team wants to see the Tigers in the postseason. Cruz won't bat .750 in a 7 game ALCS again.

symple19
10-01-2012, 06:22 PM
No they aren't

irishock
10-01-2012, 06:26 PM
lol losing to the vikings

Heath Ledger
10-01-2012, 06:29 PM
1. Verlander is not the same Verlander he was last year.
2. Scherzer is not 100 percent right now, he's lost some velocity on his fastball
3. Cabrera's sphincter is tightening up right now as he deals with the pressure of trying to get the triple crown.
4. Papa Grande,,,, do i have to say anything?

I love the Tigers however aside from Cabrera who is struggling right now and Fielder, other Tigers bats are not really hot right now down the stretch like they were last year. Especially Young and Avilla.
Good news is Cabrera is still Cabrera and can go back into beast mode at any time.

irishock
10-01-2012, 07:28 PM
1. Verlander is not the same Verlander he was last year.
2. Scherzer is not 100 percent right now, he's lost some velocity on his fastball
3. Cabrera's sphincter is tightening up right now as he deals with the pressure of trying to get the triple crown.
4. Papa Grande,,,, do i have to say anything?

I love the Tigers however aside from Cabrera who is struggling right now and Fielder, other Tigers bats are not really hot right now down the stretch like they were last year. Especially Young and Avilla.
Good news is Cabrera is still Cabrera and can go back into beast mode at any time.

1. BS, Verlander's been dealing with some injuries throughout the season, that's it.
2. Tigers will clinch before Wednesday and he'll get that final game off to heal
3. Cabrera will light it up when it matters the most
4. The only problem imo; the bullpen.

TIMMYtoZO
10-01-2012, 09:30 PM
:lol The Rangers won't even be in the postseason. The A's are going to sweep them and win that division.

Brazil
10-01-2012, 09:33 PM
I wish

irishock
10-01-2012, 09:50 PM
:lol The Rangers won't even be in the postseason. The A's are going to sweep them and win that division.

Your team can't even tank properly

Fabbs
10-01-2012, 11:19 PM
A healthy Verlander, Fister, Max and Sanchez rotation with the MVP and King Fielder after him, no team wants to see the Tigers in the postseason. Cruz won't bat .750 in a 7 game ALCS again.
A wager?

Chris
10-02-2012, 12:18 AM
Heard this last year from Tiger fan :lol

Jacob1983
10-02-2012, 02:15 AM
I don't care. I just don't want the Yankees getting another WS trophy. I also don't want to see another Cardinals half ass their way to a WS trophy and I don't want the Giants winning either.

irishock
10-02-2012, 08:01 AM
Tigers repeat in '13 also, with a healthy VMart

irishock
10-02-2012, 08:04 AM
A wager? No need to wager, your Rangers are looking like they're gonna lose the WC came against Baltimore lol

symple19
10-03-2012, 10:24 AM
lol losing to the vikings

lol shithole
lol 93% of population on foodstamps
lol resembles chinese ghost city with shittier buildings
lol government bailouts
lol Lions
lol unions
lol Dave coulier
lol elected a Romney
lol upers
lol 3rd world war zone
lol false hopes and dreams

Fabbs
10-03-2012, 10:59 AM
No need to wager, your Rangers are looking like they're gonna lose the WC came against Baltimore lol
I am not a MultiRanger.

I'm a Trout, Weaver rooter. With their crappy coach and remnants of mlbs worst GM.

Brazil
10-03-2012, 04:50 PM
lol shithole
lol 93% of population on foodstamps
lol resembles chinese ghost city with shittier buildings
lol government bailouts
lol Lions
lol unions
lol Dave coulier
lol elected a Romney
lol upers
lol 3rd world war zone
lol false hopes and dreams

:lol 3rd world war zone.... you must have a great experience on what a third world war zone is

irishock
10-03-2012, 05:11 PM
LOL The Rangers looking like they're going to draw the Yanks in the ALDS while we get the A's? Just start the WS for us already.

symple19
10-04-2012, 02:11 AM
:lol 3rd world war zone.... you must have a great experience on what a third world war zone is

I'm an Iraq vet, so yeah, as a matter of fact I do

It's just shit talking bro, relax

Brazil
10-05-2012, 11:01 AM
I'm an Iraq vet, so yeah, as a matter of fact I do

It's just shit talking bro, relax

same here bro :lol I'm all relaxed :tu

irishock
10-12-2012, 12:17 AM
Dream still alive!

symple19
10-12-2012, 12:34 AM
same here bro :lol I'm all relaxed :tu

right on

symple19
10-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Dream still alive!

no it's not

:lol

I think Verlander is from another planet

Which matchup would you rather see, O's or Yanks?

McGusto55
10-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Yankees...

symple19
10-13-2012, 09:46 PM
Genius

Thanks for dropping in after the Yanks have it wrapped up

irishock
10-16-2012, 11:44 PM
1 win from sweeping the Yanks and facing either the Cards or the Giants. Both bats won't come alive against our starting pitching, but the Cards have a weaker pitching staff, so I'd hope for an 06 rematch.

JMarkJohns
10-16-2012, 11:59 PM
Seriously starting to look like the Tigers will win. Pitching is an a tear...

irishock
10-17-2012, 12:20 AM
A wager?

:lol sure

TIMMYtoZO
10-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Seriously starting to look like the Tigers will win. Pitching is an a tear...

St. Louis Cardinals say hello.

ChuckD
10-17-2012, 10:06 PM
St. Louis Cardinals say hello.
This is a MUCH better Tigers team than 2006. They didn't have Cabrera OR Fielder, and StL had Pujols at the time.
Also, replace rookie Verlander with monster Verlander.

irishock
10-17-2012, 11:42 PM
Healthy VMart and this thing wouldn't even be a discussion.

lefty
10-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Holy shit

The Tigers are really gonna win the World Series this year

Too good, too deep, too confident

Yup Tigers all the way

irishock
10-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Bats are REALLY coming alive right now. Peralta, Delmon and AJax are all in a zone right now.

I should become the MLB forum mod if it comes true.

Reck
10-18-2012, 06:58 PM
I would have agreed with you, actually thought the east had a free ride just a few days ago but watching the Cards play has changed my mind a little.

WS will probably go to a 7th and deciding game.

irishock
10-18-2012, 07:24 PM
I would have agreed with you, actually thought the east had a free ride just a few days ago but watching the Cards play has changed my mind a little.

WS will probably go to a 7th and deciding game.

With 6 days off it's possible Verlander will start games 1, 4 and 7. No way the Cards win if it goes full 7.

TIMMYtoZO
10-18-2012, 09:41 PM
With 6 days off it's possible Verlander will start games 1, 4 and 7. No way the Cards win if it goes full 7.

:lol Cards are a proven championship team. While my MLB team predictions for my own team have failed (Ryan Howard, raped with injuries for most of the 2012 season), I have been dead on in the World Series. Go ahead and check last years game thread, when the Rangers were 1 strike away. I said they would fail. The same applies to the Tigers. They are going to fail to the Cards who are in the midst of a dynasty.

AussieFanKurt
10-18-2012, 09:44 PM
:lol Cards are a proven championship team. While my MLB team predictions for my own team have failed (Ryan Howard, raped with injuries for most of the 2012 season), I have been dead on in the World Series. Go ahead and check last years game thread, when the Rangers were 1 strike away. I said they would fail. The same applies to the Tigers. They are going to fail to the Cards who are in the midst of a dynasty.

:lol I hope you're right providing the Cards do get to the WS

Jacob1983
10-19-2012, 12:50 AM
Tigers better play their best and not the lucky ass Cardinals fuck them over with a late inning comeback. If Verlander is great, the Tigers will likely win. If Verlander sucks, the Tigers are fucked.

irishock
10-19-2012, 01:09 AM
Tigers better play their best and not the lucky ass Cardinals fuck them over with a late inning comeback. If Verlander is great, the Tigers will likely win. If Verlander sucks, the Tigers are fucked.

There's no sucking in Verlander. It depends on whether the bullpen is as good as they were in the CS.

AussieFanKurt
10-19-2012, 02:28 AM
Is this a jinx thread?

ChuckD
10-19-2012, 07:45 AM
There's no sucking in Verlander. It depends on whether the bullpen is as good as they were in the CS.

Al Al, Dotel, and Coke have been solid. Leland claims Valverde hasn't lost his job, but he'd better not F around in the series trying to restore his confidence at the expense of a critical game.

FromWayDowntown
10-19-2012, 10:28 AM

If the Cardinals make the World Series -- or win it, for that matter -- they're going to be a hard team to define historically. Since MLB added even a single Wild Card team in 1995, only 3 teams have appeared in consecutive World Series -- the 1995-96 Braves, the 1998-2001 Yankees, and the 2008-09 Phillies. None of those teams, in any of those years, qualified for the playoffs as a wild card. Thus, no team in MLB history has ever made consecutive World Series appearances without being a regular season division (or league, pre-1968) champion. It goes without saying that no team with consecutive titles has ever done that. Thus, if the Cardinals pull off a repeat as NL champion (or World Series champion), they'll be the only team to ever repeat without a division crown to show for it.

Not too many years ago, that means that these Cardinals wouldn't have even qualified for the playoffs in either year. For that matter, without the second wild card this year, they would have been fishing two weeks ago. The system is what it is, and the Cardinals have undoubtedly played their best when it mattered most. But the historian in me thinks that even if they manage to repeat, they have to be viewed as one of the weakest repeat champions (still not bad company to be in) and more of an historical anomaly than a dynastic team of greatness.

irishock
10-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Is this a jinx thread?

I made it before the Tigers even clinched the playoffs, genius.

Reck
10-19-2012, 03:52 PM

Last year eludes you it seems. :lol

irishock
10-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Last year eludes you it seems. :lol

Lol comparing beast Verlander and young Verlander

Reck
10-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Lol comparing beast Verlander and young Verlander

Are you seriously going to play that card? :lol

irishock
10-19-2012, 04:09 PM
Are you seriously going to play that card? :lol

at least I have a card to play with :lol NY

Reck
10-19-2012, 04:13 PM
at least I have a card to play with :lol NY

He wasn't even that bad last year, but he sucked enough to lose.

Oh and BTW I'm a Red Sox fan. rofl

irishock
10-19-2012, 04:17 PM
He wasn't even that bad last year, but he sucked enough to lose.

Oh and BTW I'm a Red Sox fan. rofl

:lol Boston Knicks fan

Reck
10-19-2012, 04:24 PM
:lol Boston Knicks fan

Not a Knicks fan either. Spurs

TIMMYtoZO
10-19-2012, 07:17 PM
Tiger fans are scared of the Cards. They are praying the Giants win in 7. :lol

irishock
10-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Not a Knicks fan either. Spurs

:lol: red sox

irishock
10-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Tiger fans are scared of the Cards. They are praying the Giants win in 7. :lol

True. You know the Giants won't get many hits against the Tigers. I dunno about the Cards tho, they might snap Detroit's pitching spell.

Reck
10-19-2012, 10:06 PM
:lol: red sox

You're just now replying to that after having replied to my original post hours ago?

How many championships have the Tigers had in the last decade? Make sure to reply in time. :lol

irishock
10-19-2012, 10:13 PM
You're just now replying to that after having replied to my original post hours ago?

How many championships have the Tigers had in the last decade? Make sure to reply in time. :lol

:lol taz more relevant than the sox today

Reck
10-19-2012, 11:14 PM
:lol taz more relevant than the sox today c'mon that was weak. i'll give you another shot

irishock
10-19-2012, 11:19 PM
c'mon that was weak. i'll give you another shot
http://www.dssence.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Evan-Longoria-Walk-Off-Homerun-Yankees-Rays-Wildcard-2011.png

symple19
10-19-2012, 11:20 PM
Gotta say, the Tigers definitely look unbeatable. Just got done saying in another thread how I think the Cards match up better than the Giants, especially offensively. IF the Giants can get it done, the only real advantage I see is their bullpen. If teams can somehow get to the Tigers pen, then they definitely have a shot. But, you can pretty much pencil in two wins when alien V goes out to the mound... Tough

Reck
10-20-2012, 02:19 AM
http://www.dssence.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Evan-Longoria-Walk-Off-Homerun-Yankees-Rays-Wildcard-2011.png Ok that stung abit but we still got beer and chicken.

Brazil
10-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Tigers have some long days of rest in front of them and I think this is not a good thing, pitchers need ball game to keep their touch... games 1 / 2 could be very tricky for the tigers

scampers
10-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Tigers have some long days of rest in front of them and I think this is not a good thing, pitchers need ball game to keep their touch... games 1 / 2 could be very tricky for the tigers

Leyland will be holding mock games vs. some AAA players while they wait for the World Series to start. It'll keep their routine going, at least.

Brazil
10-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Leyland will be holding mock games vs. some AAA players while they wait for the World Series to start. It'll keep their routine going, at least.

yeah but nothing replace real games, pitchers don't throw the same intensity in mock games. I definitely think that it is going to be a factor in the serie

irishock
10-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Wait for it soxfan, I got more

http://oi49.tinypic.com/2qtzq6o.jpg

http://oi47.tinypic.com/4sg1sz.jpg

http://oi45.tinypic.com/2ni3cqp.jpg

Reck
10-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Wait for it soxfan, I got more

So how many rings in between those two teams again?

irishock
10-20-2012, 03:36 PM
So how many rings in between those two teams again?

lol only argument for any sox fans: the past

the tigers are poised to dominate this shitty division for years to come. your sox will probably fall behind the Blue Jays for years to come

Reck
10-20-2012, 03:53 PM
lol only argument for any sox fans: the past

the tigers are poised to dominate this shitty division for years to come. your sox will probably fall behind the Blue Jays for years to come

Ohh listen to the guy.

Tigers aren't going to dominate shit. LOL

Texas Rangers fans were saying the same shit 2 years ago and that turned out wonderfully.

Dont let the the fact Red Sox and the Yankees struggling ways fool you into thinking yout Tigers got any sort of a chance in this league.

I mean, even when the Red Sox are doing pathetic they get press and TV time. :lol

:lol Red Sox and me in your head
:lol Comparing an unproven team to a championship proven Red Sox team
:lol running your mouth with nothing to show for it
:lol you

Clipper Nation
10-20-2012, 04:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPNpJX8b-bc

irishock
10-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Ohh listen to the guy.

Tigers aren't going to dominate shit. LOL

Texas Rangers fans were saying the same shit 2 years ago and that turned out wonderfully.

Dont let the the fact Red Sox and the Yankees struggling ways fool you into thinking yout Tigers got any sort of a chance in this league.

I mean, even when the Red Sox are doing pathetic they get press and TV time. :lol

:lol Red Sox and me in your head
:lol Comparing an unproven team to a championship proven Red Sox team
:lol running your mouth with nothing to show for it
:lol you

:lol bambino
:lol valentine
:lol john farrell only guy in the nation that wants to go to Boston
:lol Ortiz
:lol thinking beating the rockies mean shit

DeadlyDynasty
10-20-2012, 04:07 PM
The Red Sox are a walking disaster and an embarrassment to the game.

Reck
10-20-2012, 04:08 PM
LOL level 5. :lol

Look it at this way. You cant collapse if you weren't on top in the first place. :D

Reck
10-20-2012, 04:11 PM
:lol bambino
:lol valentine
:lol john farrell only guy in the nation that wants to go to Boston
:lol Ortiz
:lol thinking beating the rockies mean shit

LOL getting on me for talking about the past and your first words after that post were Bambino. :lmao

:lol Everyone's first choice is New York or Boston. :lol

BTW, rookies? what rookies.

irishock
10-20-2012, 04:12 PM
LOL level 5. :lol

Look it at this way. You cant collapse if you weren't on top in the first place. :D

:lol 1 red sox fan against the world
http://oi47.tinypic.com/2n208iv.jpg

irishock
10-20-2012, 04:13 PM
LOL getting on me for talking about the past and your first words after that post were Bambino. :lmao

:lol Everyone's first choice is New York or Boston. :lol

BTW, rookies? what rookies.

:lol blind sox fan can't see the difference between the rockies and rookies

irishock
10-20-2012, 04:17 PM
:lol heidi watney leaves for LA

Reck
10-20-2012, 04:19 PM
:lol 1 red sox fan against the world
http://oi47.tinypic.com/2n208iv.jpg

One year sample size demostration. :lol

:lol blind sox fan can't see the difference between the rockies and rookies

Forgive my haste.

Let me guess, you have the same stance about the Cards when they got the same treatment as the Rockies...while Pujols was with the team may I say. :lol

irishock
10-20-2012, 04:20 PM
One year sample size demostration. :lol

Forgive my haste.

Let me guess, you have the same stance about the Cards when they got the same treatment as the Rockies...while Pujols was with the team may I say. :lol

:lol 173 million to compete with the astros
:lol San Boston Knicks fan

Reck
10-20-2012, 04:24 PM
:lol 173 million to compete with the astros
:lol San Boston Knicks fan

:lol Running out of shit to say
:lol Still cant give me simple answers to simple questions
:lol Resorting to hating on a successful franchise because you dont have anything other than general jeloausy of a team that wins.

irishock
10-20-2012, 04:26 PM
:lol Running out of shit to say
:lol Still cant give me simple answers to simple questions
:lol Resorting to hating on a successful franchise because you dont have anything other than general jeloausy of a team that wins.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:l ol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Reck
10-20-2012, 04:42 PM
Yeah that's telling me.

How many losing seasons have the Tigers had compared to the Red Sox.

Let me make it easier for you, how many losing seasons have each team had in the past 10 years. GO

:lol 43 wins

:lmao loser by default.

irishock
10-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Yeah that's telling me.

How many losing seasons have the Tigers had compared to the Red Sox.

Let me make it easier for you, how many losing seasons have each team had in the past 10 years. GO

:lol 43 wins

:lmao loser by default.

looking in the past again :lol

Reck
10-20-2012, 04:46 PM
irishock Cant bring himself to put the Sox and Tigers winning and losing seasons. :lol

Owned.

Clipper Nation
10-20-2012, 04:49 PM
:lol Red Sox
:lol About to trade all their good players to a division rival for a shit manager

irishock
10-20-2012, 05:40 PM
irishock (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=29552) Cant bring himself to put the Sox and Tigers winning and losing seasons. :lol

Owned.

Alright man I give up you win

Reck
10-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Alright man I give up you win

Kh2yWlDsZ7M

irishock
10-20-2012, 07:40 PM
Hey Clipper Nation, you should give up as well. Let's job to the sole Sox fan who is in need for a victory.

irishock
10-20-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm calling truce, Sox fan. Please forgive me for fucking around earlier today due to a hangover from the previous night. I do respect your franchise a whole lot more than the Yanks, ChiSox and the Cards. Hopefully you guys will make a run for it along with the Tigers next year. Fucking Baltimore is a disgrace of the 2nd East place.

Reck
10-20-2012, 07:50 PM
Hey Clipper Nation, you should give up as well. Let's job to the sole Sox fan who is in need for a victory.

LOL he has even less to talk about with his Dodgers.

:lol recruiting others to fight your losing cause.

I'm still waiting for you to show me what I asked for. Quit stalling.

Or maybe you're too busy cheering for a team you didn't even acknowledge you even were a fan of until the playoffs started. :lol

Too easy.

Reck
10-20-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm calling truce, Sox fan. Please forgive me for fucking around earlier today due to a hangover from the previous night. I do respect your franchise a whole lot more than the Yanks, ChiSox and the Cards. Hopefully you guys will make a run for it along with the Tigers next year. Fucking Baltimore is a disgrace of the 2nd East place.

I had an inkling you were either drunk or trolling. lol

You pulled a 180 on me for some reason.

irishock
10-20-2012, 07:55 PM
I had an inkling you were either drunk or trolling. lol

You pulled a 180 on me for some reason.

You were right, man. I was completely your bitch earlier today:lol. Laughing about the Sox's down season when we made fuckin history during the year before the Sox made the epic comeback.

Clipper Nation
10-20-2012, 08:15 PM
LOL he has even less to talk about with his Dodgers.

"My" Doyers? :lol

My Expos don't even exist anymore and they're still better than the Saux, tbh... :lmao

Reck
10-20-2012, 08:53 PM
"My" Doyers? :lol

My Expos don't even exist anymore and they're still better than the Saux, tbh... :lmao

Keep telling yourself that. rofl

JMarkJohns
10-22-2012, 11:39 PM
St. Louis Cardinals say goodbye.

Fixed it for ya...

That said, Giants gave a swagger again. Looking forward to this series.

Jacob1983
10-23-2012, 01:59 AM
I think this World Series could be close and maybe go to 7. No idea who wins.

lefty
10-28-2012, 10:54 PM
Holy shit

Yup Tigers all the way
My work here is done

symple19
10-28-2012, 11:05 PM
No they aren't

Jacob1983
10-29-2012, 12:48 AM
My prediction was a piece of shit just like this World Series. Glad it's over.

irishock
10-29-2012, 01:00 AM
Again, I made this thread before the reg season even ended. Getting to the WS is nothing to be ashamed of.

O.J. Simpson
10-29-2012, 06:14 AM
:lol irishock
:lol dumbass
:lol deal with what

irishock
10-29-2012, 10:07 AM
You're a bandwagoner who didn't have the balls to say the Giants were winning it prior to the playoffs.

AlexJones
04-08-2015, 12:05 PM
Holy shit

Yup Tigers all the way

you faggot :lmao

04-10-2015, 07:10 PM
This is the year :lol

Blizzardwizard
04-18-2015, 01:41 PM
11-1 down to the fuckin' White Sox in the 4th :lol