PDA

View Full Version : Who would you take in their prime? Nestervic or Splitter?

007nites
10-01-2012, 08:59 PM
Splitter should be hitting his prime right about now or within the next year or 2.

spurraider21
10-01-2012, 09:03 PM
I'll wait until I see Splitter's career path. Is this the best of splitter, will he improve? Rasho's prime was probably better than last years splitter because he was a more rugged defender.

DesignatedT
10-01-2012, 09:11 PM
At this point, probably purple lips

DMC
10-01-2012, 11:06 PM
We've not seen Tiago in his prime.

MaNu4Tres
10-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Splitter's "prime" can't and won't ever be realized because he doesn't get consistent quality minutes.

In Rasho's prime, Pop gave him 28 mpg in his first year and 25 in his second. Splitter won't ever see that in a Spurs jersey because of Pop.

Fabbs
10-02-2012, 12:18 AM
Splitter's "prime" can't and won't ever be realized because he doesn't get consistent quality minutes.

In Rasho's prime, Pop gave him 28 mpg in his first year and 25 in his second. Splitter won't ever see that in a Spurs jersey because of Pop.
While that's a fact ^^^
I think coach Numb Nutts will play Splitter more this year.
Not due to any intelligence or reasonableness, rather because Timmy Duncs will wear down another notch.

DesignatedT
10-02-2012, 12:40 AM
4 down belongs to Tiago now. He's more reliable then Duncan.

lulz

DesignatedT
10-02-2012, 12:59 AM

Pretty obvious who you would choose. I mean you did have this to say in February of last season.

Listen, Duncan is my all-time favorite player (right next to Manu).

With that being said, I hate to break it to you (and I think I'm being objective; heaven forbid that), but Duncan is not a better post player than Splitter right now. Duncan usually falls down more often than not when he absorbs contact from the post defender-- which leads to a fadeaway/off-balanced hook that isn't close to being as efficient as it used to be. His knees and legs/core simple don't have enough strength or mobility to abuse people down low anymore. Most of his conversions from 4 down, is from a jumper off a jab-step or a reverse pivot fade away when his back is at the basket (these moves don't create offense for others/ nor do they warrant a strong double team; it simply kills the offense when it isn't going in).

Splitter is quite the opposite as he's able to absorb contact and get off a clean efficient looks time and time again (if not for him then for his teammates as well).

In my opinion, Splitter should see 4 down more than Duncan. I personally think Duncan should differ a little more and let the offense come to him from the pick and pop or for a 4 down jumper here and there (kind of like how Dave differed; that doesn't mean I'm trying to say Splitter has 2001-Duncan-like skills; it just means Splitter is a better and more efficient post scorer/offensive player than 35/36 year old Duncan). Sorry but its just my opinion and sorry for being aware that this is 2012 and not 2003.

Splitter sure dominated that post during our 20 game win streak and playoff run though.

MaNu4Tres
10-02-2012, 01:35 AM
DT, Do you know how to read?

You notice how I said "right now" in that paragraph?

With that being said, I hate to break it to you (and I think I'm being objective; heaven forbid that), but Duncan is not a better post player than Splitter right now. Duncan usually falls down more often than not when he absorbs contact from the post defender-- which leads to a fadeaway/off-balanced hook that isn't close to being as efficient as it used to be. His knees and legs/core simple don't have enough strength or mobility to abuse people down low anymore. Most of his conversions from 4 down, is from a jumper off a jab-step or a reverse pivot fade away when his back is at the basket (these moves don't create offense for others/ nor do they warrant a strong double team; it simply kills the offense when it isn't going in).

This was the case for the majority of the first half of last season in my opinion. Duncan did pick up his play late in the season and I mentioned that plenty of times at the end of the year. Feel free to disagree though with my assessment back in February of last year, I'm sure I'll lose sleep over it.

therealtruth
10-02-2012, 03:15 AM
Splitter in the playoffs wasn't Splitter at his best in the post. Right around the RRT Splitter was god-mode in the post. He got injured and came back and was strictly a pick-n-roll player after that.

Obstructed_View
10-02-2012, 06:30 AM
Flawed premise. Rasho was moved because of his contract.

AussieFanKurt
10-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Curry

Fireball
10-02-2012, 09:52 AM
Give Tiago 25+ minutes of playing time per game and lets see what happens ...

Leetonidas
10-02-2012, 09:59 AM
People forget, Nesterovic was a great defensive big man, I loved him next to Timmy (except for how fucking slow he was). His first year here the Spurs set the record for lowest OPPG for a single season. Too bad, Rasho was a great dude and a hard worker, it's a shame he got overpaid because that's what sent him packing and ultimately strapped us with this red-headed faggot since 2007. I would take prime Rasho over what we've seen from Tiago in a heartbeat so far. Who knows what "prime" Splitter looks like though

DesignatedT
10-02-2012, 11:22 AM
This was the case for the majority of the first half of last season in my opinion. Duncan did pick up his play late in the season and I mentioned that plenty of times at the end of the year. Feel free to disagree though with my assessment back in February of last year, I'm sure I'll lose sleep over it.

Splitter never has been and never will be better than Duncan. Not my fault Tim shit all over you and your takes last season. Just pointing out that someone who had previously thought that Tiago was better than Duncan (Or maybe you still think this?) is definitely going to think Tiago is better than Rasho :lol

Or maybe Rasho is better than Duncan and 4 down should belong to him too? Not sure. Loved seeing Tiago get dominated by Derek Fisher in the post last playoff though, now that was a sight.

Leetonidas
10-02-2012, 11:26 AM
DT, Do you know how to read?

You notice how I said "right now" in that paragraph?

Seriously dude? Splitter couldn't even back down Derek Fisher, he isn't and will never be a better post player than Tim Duncan.

MaNu4Tres
10-02-2012, 12:21 PM
People can't read apparently.

Fabbs
10-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Seriously dude? Splitter couldn't even back down Derek Fisher, he isn't and will never be a better post player than Tim Duncan.
Perhaps Splitter believed he himself was playing intelligently, being informed that the Flopping Faggot Fisher could well be rewarded with a foul call for even slightly brushing his vag.
Indeed we saw Swisher get awarded several b.s. calls not only in the rigged Game 6 but earlier in the series.
BTW was this exchange during Game 6?

spurraider21
10-02-2012, 01:35 PM
I'd feel much better if we had prime Rasho right now than having 2011 Splitter...
can't answer this question because for all we know 2011 Splitter IS prime Splitter. Rasho was a much better defender than Tiago was, and for the Spurs, that matters more. Plus he had a nice Slava Medvedenko jumper

spursince#99
10-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Eddy Curry

phxspurfan
10-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Prime Rasho had heart, was reliable and could defend. Splitter just flat out sucks.

Gagnrath
10-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Splitter for what ever reason looks like he hasn't quite grown into his body a decent portion of the time. i am not sure why this is at his age, but at times he simply appears discombobulated and tentative physically while other times he appears to have very good body control. I think at this point Splitter is the batter offensive player but not by a huge amount while Rasho was better defensively by a moderate margin. I would say that I would rate rasho a tiny (very small amount better) but have to remember that this is only Splitters second year in the NBA and I plan on seeing him with a real training camp and strength and conditioning be more sure of himself physically.