PDA

View Full Version : Josh Powell anyone?

sananspursfan21
10-01-2012, 09:23 PM
didn't see it posted, i just stumbled on this, we all knew about derrick brown :)))) but i haven't seen a word about josh powell... i always kinda liked his game, what little i knew about it. he plays bigger than he really is. thoughts on him?

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/09/27/brown-powell-highlight-camp-additions/

ChuckD
10-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Two days ago.

ace3g
10-01-2012, 09:54 PM
In my opinion, the last spot goes to either Brown or Wilkerson because they can play multiple spots on the perimeter + small ball PF. Powell is really only suited for PF and Curry at Center.

Granted it should come down to who performs the best during training camp/preseason; last year I thought Gani Lawal played the best in preseason, especially on the defensive end, but he ended up being the last cut.

It comes down to:

A. Do the Spurs want to fill the 15th spot on the roster

B. If so, what kind of player are they looking for? SF/Small ball PF or big body PF/C.

CGD
10-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Still think there is a chance of a small trade to free up a roster spot especially if more than one guy stands out. I'm intrigued by Curry and Brown.

sananspursfan21
10-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Brown should be really good, i've been impressed with him everywhere i've watched him play. i like the future of the swingman depth with him backing up kawhi

sananspursfan21
10-01-2012, 10:18 PM
In my opinion, the last spot goes to either Brown or Wilkerson because they can play multiple spots on the perimeter + small ball PF. Powell is really only suited for PF and Curry at Center.

Granted it should come down to who performs the best during training camp/preseason; last year I thought Gani Lawal played the best in preseason, especially on the defensive end, but he ended up being the last cut.

It comes down to:

A. Do the Spurs want to fill the 15th spot on the roster

B. If so, what kind of player are they looking for? SF/Small ball PF or big body PF/C.

well we know who they should be looking for...........eh?

ChuckD
10-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Still think there is a chance of a small trade to free up a roster spot especially if more than one guy stands out. I'm intrigued by Curry and Brown.

If you're still intrigued by Eddy Curry, you haven't watched basketball for 10 years.

racm
10-01-2012, 10:55 PM
Derrick Brown, tbh. Better go small and punish teams on the perimeter than clog up the lane.

LittleCriminal
10-01-2012, 11:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhPmTzQXcLs

sananspursfan21
10-02-2012, 02:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhPmTzQXcLs

Bonner's like "man, not even i do that"

Bruno
10-02-2012, 07:57 AM
Powell is a solid player who might really well end in Spurs roster after a good training camp.

More globally, Spurs have done a damn fine job with training camp invites this year. Witherspoon seems to be a fine prospect. Brown, Wilkerson and Powell are high quality players for that level. Curry is a very nice no-risk high reward gamble. While I'm' not sold on Spurs offseason as a whole, I have to give them props for this part.

Personally, I' m the most intrigued by Brown because I see him as a great fit for that team. I will too keep an eye on Curry. He has for sure tons of red flags but he is an amazing talent that has produced a lot at the NBA level, is still relatively young and is in great shape for his standards.

ChuckD
10-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Interesting: Brown, Wilkerson, Collins(smallish, but a TRUE PG)

Meh:
Curry: I view him as low risk, low reward. He doesn't rebound, play pick and roll defense or block shots, and is pretty much useless to us as a result.
Powell: He's Josh Powell.