PDA

View Full Version : SA can't celebrate with class?

ABDENOUR POWER
06-26-2005, 10:43 AM
I stole this post from "Laimbeer_4_Coach" on a Pistons message board...

"I had the opportunity to watch the webcast of the Spurs victory Parade from my home in Michigan using a San Antonio zipcode to gain access. To my suprise I heard some ignorant comments from your News Team covering the parade, that I found very ridiculas, saying and I quote, "Don't they have their parades on Woodward, That's not safe" "San Antonio did Detroit a favor, with all those Police cuts, it's not safe" HOW CLICHE and CLASSLESS!!! I'll have you know that Detroit is a historical sports town and has celebrated MANY...MANY championships over the last century. Your team just won a great hard fought series, show some class."

They apparantly made more stabs at Detroit fans, calling some of them hookers and such... :rolleyes

MaNuMaNiAc
06-26-2005, 10:47 AM
OH PLEASE!!! this coming from a Pistons fan! that's just laughable!

ObiwanGinobili
06-26-2005, 10:47 AM
so can anyone who was wathcingthe webcasts actually verify this?
that sounds ridicules , but not really something I'd put past kens5 - they are pretty ignorant.
I watched on woai, ksat and FSW - I didn't hear anythign retarded.

conversekid
06-26-2005, 10:53 AM
What is up with all this "thin skin"? Everyone is so sensitive nowadays... sounds like a bunch of girls worried if they look fat in last years dress. Maybe we did do Detroit a favor... who knows how many people would have had their cars destroyed... insurance premiums going up... small business owners having their windows broken... endangering the lives of firefighters... people dying... mothers crying. We did the country a service by winning.

Oh wait. That's classless. My apologies. :rolleyes

With all the crap talked about Podunk san antonio… the soft spurs…. The *99… etc… so we take a few jabs in victory. People really need to get some self esteem.

emveepee
06-26-2005, 10:54 AM
sour grapes :angel

Slomo
06-26-2005, 10:55 AM
Unfortunately it is true. The part about not being safe was borderline funny but when one of the guys said something about how good the reporters accomodations in Detroit's arena were, something along the line that they were right behind the seats with the most expensive whores, I thought I heard wrong - but I'm afraid I didn't.

To be fair it stopped right after that and they didn't made any similar comments anymore - not too soon IMO.

The overall comentary of the parade was in my opinion pretty lame. It was better at the dome.

2centsworth
06-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Submit a complaint to the powers that be.

Slomo
06-26-2005, 11:08 AM
Watch it here and see for yourself - I hope I'm the one that heard wrong:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/multimedia/finals05_stream.html

Edit: never mind it seems the link is down.

foodie2
06-26-2005, 11:26 AM
Slomo, you were right--that's what they said. Totally classless. I wish I had been watching a different station.

Joaquin
06-26-2005, 11:29 AM
hehe

FreshPrince22
06-26-2005, 11:31 AM
What is up with all this "thin skin"? Everyone is so sensitive nowadays... sounds like a bunch of girls worried if they look fat in last years dress. Maybe we did do Detroit a favor... who knows how many people would have had their cars destroyed... insurance premiums going up... small business owners having their windows broken... endangering the lives of firefighters... people dying... mothers crying. We did the country a service by winning.

Yet it was Spurs fans that were throwing rocks at the Pistons bus and shattering it's windows as it was about a mile away from the SBC center after game 7. :rolleyes

And please tell me how many "people died" when the pistons won last year??
________
ANAIH (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/ANAIH)

Tobias
06-26-2005, 11:38 AM
I never heard that.

But I did hear the one where the Pistons/fans took out their main competition in their Division/conference.

FreshPrince22
06-26-2005, 11:39 AM
I never heard that.

But I did hear the one where the Pistons/fans took out their main competition in their Division/conference.

I made a post about it. I posted the article i found in it that talks about the rocks.
________
WEB SHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-26-2005, 11:41 AM

With all the crap talked about Podunk san antonio… the soft spurs…. The *99… etc… so we take a few jabs in victory. People really need to get some self esteem.

Show me ONE time in recent (meaning post 1960s) history where there were riots.
I lived in California in 89 and 90. The news was reporting all sorts of crap going on after Detroit won. I called some friends back here to ask wtf was up. The answer was "nothing." I searched the net looking for stories to back up all this rioting talk. I couldn't find a single one not related to race riots in the 60s.

Tobias
06-26-2005, 11:43 AM
LA in 2000 comes to mind

T Park
06-26-2005, 12:43 PM
lol.

Piston fan telling Spur fan to celebrate with class......

Don't think SA needed to break out the "riot gear' for the Spurs fan.

So Detroit fan can STFU about that.

conversekid
06-26-2005, 12:44 PM
i agree calling detroit whores and hookers on air is inappropriate.

but making rioting comments and saying we saved the police some work is all in good fun... you look fine in that dress honey, better than the day we met ;)

baseline bum
06-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Part of me says Piston fan has earned the rep. That wasn't just a few fans causing that crap against Indiana. There were seemingly hundreds of people acting like asses. You can't just chalk it up to one or two idiots.

I can't sat the same even about Lakers fans. Yeah... the riots in 2000 tore Figueroa up, but I don't think most of the rioters were people at the game. That's a really rough area of town with a lot of people who just don't give a fuck and have nothing to lose.

Still, calling Detroit fans whores is way overboard.

ChumpDumper
06-26-2005, 12:51 PM
We're just jealous.

Our whores are cheap.

T Park
06-26-2005, 12:53 PM
calling Detroit fans whores is way overboard.

lol....

I dunno, there was that one chick they showed in game 3.......

SequSpur
06-26-2005, 12:59 PM
Dear Piston Fans,

FO. You went home with nothing.

Buh Buh Buh Buh Bye.

Ginobili_20_gold_medalist
06-26-2005, 01:21 PM
The "hookers" line went too far and I thought that was classless as well but everything else that was said was just poking fun. I even remember at the end of the Heat/Pistons Game 2 Barkley saying something like he was going to need his bulletproof vest when the TNT crew was about to go to Detroit for the Eastern Conference Finals :lol

T Park
06-26-2005, 01:22 PM
fuck Detroit.

Who gives a shit what they think.

SouthernFried
06-26-2005, 01:22 PM
Christ...it sounds like your just looking for reasons to be upset.

I'm sure anyone can find something stupid another teams fans/newscasters, etc, etc..have done or said at anytime, anyday of the year. We could fill up this, and many other boards daily with such nonesense.

Get over it. And good luck next year.

conversekid
06-26-2005, 01:34 PM
...it sounds like your just looking for reasons to be upset.

Exactly. Why "look" for reasons to get upset? Isn't the fact you lost game 7 in the NBA finals enough of a reson to be upset? :fro

ALVAREZ6
06-26-2005, 01:39 PM
:lol

Coming from a Piston fan....

Kori Ellis
06-26-2005, 02:19 PM
So it was reporters from KENS who said whores and the such? Or who exactly?

SpursChampsIII
06-26-2005, 02:22 PM
I stole this post from "Laimbeer_4_Coach" on a Pistons message board...

"I had the opportunity to watch the webcast of the Spurs victory Parade from my home in Michigan using a San Antonio zipcode to gain access. To my suprise I heard some ignorant comments from your News Team covering the parade, that I found very ridiculas, saying and I quote, "Don't they have their parades on Woodward, That's not safe" "San Antonio did Detroit a favor, with all those Police cuts, it's not safe" HOW CLICHE and CLASSLESS!!! I'll have you know that Detroit is a historical sports town and has celebrated MANY...MANY championships over the last century. Your team just won a great hard fought series, show some class."

They apparantly made more stabs at Detroit fans, calling some of them hookers and such... :rolleyes

GTF outa here...radio/TV announcers are going to form your opinion of the whole city of San Antonio. If you're that G-Damn immature, go somewhere else and grow up. FU..don't bother coming back. Notice I'm singling you out and not stereotyping all Deeee-troit fans. World Champs, baby doll!

Mr Dio
06-26-2005, 02:30 PM
I thought I heard "Smores & Lookers" but I can't be 100%..

jk......exactly/apprx how far into the webcast do we have to watch?

BASSFACErecords
06-26-2005, 02:42 PM
what chirs marou (sp) said was :

the nice thing about being in detroit was that the media sat right behind detroit's basket. the only people in front of us where the guys with the most expensive hookers. :lol

i thought it was funny, but i think he had been drinking or something lol.

ShoogarBear
06-26-2005, 02:52 PM
Chris Marrou is a senile dork who couldn't cut it when he tried to make it in the big time.

Kori Ellis
06-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Chris Marrou isn't even a sports guy -- he's a regular news guy. I'm wondering if he was even in Detroit.

bigzak25
06-26-2005, 02:55 PM
i heard that live, and was suprised when he said it, but i wasn't at that game...so i'll take chris marrous word for it...:lol

i think he said they were nice looking hookers...so take a compliment when you can get it piston fan.

Uncle_Rico
06-26-2005, 02:57 PM
who cares ill take a stab at detroit, this comming from peeps w/i there for games 3 and 4. nastiest town. fans rude. throwing crap at them and getting thier kids to join in. cussing and whatever. this is on the lower lever, prime seating. full of the trashiest people. hey thats from pics and info, i only report what i hear from up there.

conversekid
06-26-2005, 03:12 PM
what chirs marou (sp) said was :

the nice thing about being in detroit was that the media sat right behind detroit's basket. the only people in front of us where the guys with the most expensive hookers. :lol

i thought it was funny, but i think he had been drinking or something lol.

Funny if posted on the Net, but probably not the kind of thing a reporter should say on national TV. Then again, I'm sure we could say the same about endless cracks made against podunk SA, home of inbred rednecks, etc... that we hear from other cities.

ShoogarBear
06-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Chris Marrou isn't even a sports guy -- he's a regular news guy. I'm wondering if he was even in Detroit.
Left SA for Boston for a year or two in the early 80s and in general made an ass of himself (I was up there at the time). I thought he went right back to SA after that.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-26-2005, 03:21 PM

Yeah he went to Detroit. He and Ainsley Earhardt.

All I know is KENS Alamodome coverage sucked balls!

They just had their 5, 6, and 10 anchors yapping away.

They should have just had Joe Reinagel and Bob Ballou cover that thing.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-26-2005, 03:22 PM
http://images.mysanantonio.com/personalities/fullsize/t_marrou_c.jpg

I'm Chris Marrou bitch!

efrem1
06-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Living in Sacramento, the Lakers pub machine sure raps the city of Sacramento and their backward ways. The hooker comment was overboard but come on Detroit fans, check your own webiste www.detroityes.com and see the former glory that was Detroit. It was self-inflicted.

Jelly
06-26-2005, 08:05 PM
Chris Marrou and his colleagues actually had several derogatory comments to make about Detroit. He complained about the fans, said people over there were rude, called the women in front of him "expensive looking hookers" etc. He was extremely unprofessional, as was the rest of the San Antonio cast. They embarassed themselves frankly. :td

I know San Antonio's Spurs celebration are usually happy, violence free events, but the constant bragging about how "we know how to party with class" is getting really old. The fact is, most other cities in the U.S. celebrate their championships in a fashion which is just a civil as San Antonio. Let's get over ourselves, as Pop would say.

conversekid
06-26-2005, 08:25 PM
Chris Marrou and his colleagues actually had several derogatory comments to make about Detroit. He complained about the fans, said people over there were rude, called the women in front of him "expensive looking hookers" etc. He was extremely unprofessional, as was the rest of the San Antonio cast. They embarassed themselves frankly. :td

I know San Antonio's Spurs celebration are usually happy, violence free events, but the constant bragging about how "we know how to party with class" is getting really old. The fact is, most other cities in the U.S. celebrate their championships in a fashion which is just a civil as San Antonio. Let's get over ourselves, as Pop would say.

I agree 100%. It was cool at first, but now they're just playing it into the ground.

midgetonadonkey
06-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Aren't most of the Detroit women hookers?

midgetonadonkey
06-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Just messing around...those comments were a bit uncalled for. But fuck it right, we are celebrating!!!

Clandestino
06-26-2005, 09:22 PM
a box of tampons is in order for pistons fan...

midgetonadonkey
06-26-2005, 09:24 PM
It seems like all the Pistons fans have had sand in their vagina ever since they lost the series. I mean come on, let the fans talk shit. Why the fuck not, they won it all. They should be able to say whatever they want. They are the top of the fucking league. If the Pistons don't like the Spurs fans/announcers talking shit, they should have won. Simple as that.

maxpower
06-26-2005, 09:40 PM
So a news guy says hookers and san antonio is classless.
Come talk to us the next time your city does not have an all out player versus fan brawl or burn their city to celebrate a championship.

tw05baller
06-26-2005, 09:50 PM
Watch it here and see for yourself - I hope I'm the one that heard wrong:

http://www.nba.com/spurs/multimedia/finals05_stream.html

Edit: never mind it seems the link is down.

how long do u have to watch it until they say it, slomo or anyone else who watched it?

Eva
06-26-2005, 09:57 PM
Pistons are a bunch of fucking punks. Rip never respected Bowen as a great defender and said he had bad shooting nights. My fucking ass

And Sheed says "They just borrowed the trophy. We'll get it back next year"

And you're here talking about class