PDA

View Full Version : Triplets?

Avante
10-03-2012, 12:12 AM
Over the years we've seen teams with a great QB, RB and WR all there at the same team. We can go back to the 50's with the Niners and Y.A.Tittle three HOF running backs in Joe "The Jet" Perry, Hugh "The King" McElhenny and John Henry Johnson with Billy Wilson a stud receiver to the Dallas Cowboys with Aikman/Smith/Irvin or Buffalo with Kelly/Thomas/Reed. So what team has the best triplets today?

Who can give me three teams where their triplets are all in the Hall of Fame? (other than the Cowboys mentioned)

While here....

The white running back...hmmm?

I'm going to list all the teams and that teams best white running back or maybe a couple. I'm not going wayyyyyyyyy back there to Bronko and the Galloping Ghost. I'll start in the 50's.

***Hall of Fame
@ 1000 yard rusher

NFC

Niners...Ken Willard, Paul Hofer, Hugh "The King" McElhenny***
Rams...John Capelletti, "Jaguar" Jon Arnet
Seahawks...David Hughes
Cards....John David Crow@ Jim Otis@
Packers...Jim Taylor***/@ Paul Hornung*** Donny Anderson, Travis Jervey
Vikings...Bill Brown, Tommy Mason
Bears...Rick Casares@, Joe Marconi, Ronnie Bull, Brian Piccolo...actually led the nation in rushing while at Wake Forest.
Lions...Nick Pietrasonte, Joe Don Looney
Cowboys...Walt Garrison, Dan Reeves
Eagles...Tom Woodeschick
Giants...Alex Webster, Frank Gifford***, Tucker Fredrikson, Rob Carpenter
Redskins...Don Bosseler, John Riggins***/@
Saints...hmmm?
Falcons...hmmm?
Buc's...Mike Alstott
Panthers...none?

AFC

Raiders...Mark Van Eeghan@, Marv Hubbard @ Pete Banasak
Broncos...Jon Keyworh, Rob Lytle
Chargers..Dickie Post, Keith Lincoln (only footballer to score...FG, PAT, throw a TD pass, rush, receive, KO return, punt return)
Chiefs...Bert Coan, Ed Podolak
Ravens...none
Steelers...Dick Hoak, Rocky Blier@
Browns...Patrick Hillis@
Bengals...hmmmm?
Pats...Craig James@, Danny Woodhead
Bills...Wray Carlton
Jets...Mark Smolinski
Dolphins...Larry Czonka***/@ Jim Kiick
Colts...Alan Ameche, Tom Matte, Jerry Hill
Oilers/Titans...Charley Tolar@, Billy Cannon, Hoyle Granger@
Jags...none
Texans...none.

Dickie Post with the Chargers led the AFC in rushing one season, 900 and some yards.

The Cards John David Crow a Heisman winner as was the Oilers Billy Cannon and the Rams John Cappelleti.

"Jaguar" Jon Arnett a long jumper while at USC, Hugh "The King" McElheny a HS hurdles champ, Billy Cannon a 9.5 sprinter while at LSU.

Size with speed is a black thing, we just don't find big fast elusive white running backs, their like a white female sprinter, non existant.