PDA

View Full Version : How can a person change their IP address?

3rdCoast
06-26-2005, 11:07 AM
I would like to change my IP address, but do not know how. I am on Road Runner from TWC and just simply do not know how to change it. I have heard it will change if you unplug and do not use your cable modem for 48 Hours, but am not 100% sure. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Joaquin
06-26-2005, 11:23 AM
you could use a proxy from here (http://www.atomintersoft.com/products/alive-proxy/proxy-list/)

Nbadan
06-27-2005, 02:21 AM
Just unplug the power to your cable modem and plug it back in 15 seconds later. Cable modems have floating IPP numbers. Or you can 'repair' your network settings under your control panel.

PM5K
06-27-2005, 03:48 AM
Yeah you can repair your connection which basically releases and renews your IP address, the problem with that though is that it may just renew to the same IP address, you'd have better luck with either a proxy or with waiting longer as you mentioned to get a new IP...

Nbadan
06-27-2005, 04:09 AM
Yeah you can repair your connection which basically releases and renews your IP address, the problem with that though is that it may just renew to the same IP address, you'd have better luck with either a proxy or with waiting longer as you mentioned to get a new IP...

The problem with proxies is that it may slow down your connection. The longer you leave your cable modem unplugged the less likely you are of getting the same IP number.

baseline bum
06-27-2005, 05:39 AM
I don't know if it's done the same way in Windows, but I know in Linux when you call dhcpcd to lease an IP address it always tries to lease the previous IP address first.

SpursWoman
06-27-2005, 05:57 AM
Where were you banned? :lol

gay abc
06-27-2005, 07:20 AM
Where were you banned? :lol

:lmao :lmao