PDA

View Full Version : Clippers sons project Griffin's and CP3's stats now that he can't flop

venky
10-03-2012, 01:43 PM
sons here are the details on the anti flopping procedures by the NBA.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
#NBA announces new flopping policy: warning on first offense, then fines of $5K, $10K, $15K and $30K for offenses 2-5.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
A player who violates the flopping rule six or more times in the regular season will be subject to an increased fine and/or suspension.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS
Separate guidelines for penalizing floppers during the playoffs will be released "at a later date," the league says.\

I say 8 ppg, 10 assists for CP3.

5 ppg for Griffin

oops typo, meant to say "they."

Clipper Nation
10-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Let's be real now, like every single other rule in the NBA, these won't be applying to star players, tbh.... that means Food Stamps can still verbal-flop to his heart's content, tbh....

Also, Griffin sucks at shooting free throws so it's not like flopping helps him at all, and he still is a yearly 20/10 guy....

ElNono
10-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Clippy fan with the truth bomb... the reality is that guys like Pau are going to keep screaming like a train run them over when nobody touched them, and nothing gonna happen...

Ashy Larry
10-03-2012, 07:50 PM
what are they going to consider a flop? They'll miss the obvious flop and fine the guy that took a LeBron charge right in the chest ....

DMC
10-03-2012, 09:43 PM
They will still flop, and the league will not do anything about it. There will be a couple token responses but like the technical fouls early last season, they will just fade away and flops will continue just like shit talking the refs continued.

AussieFanKurt
10-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Don't want the NBA to turn into soccer

Clipper Nation
10-03-2012, 09:57 PM
They will still flop, and the league will not do anything about it. There will be a couple token responses but like the technical fouls early last season, they will just fade away and flops will continue just like shit talking the refs continued.
Also, the refs tell the players to flop in order to cover their own asses....

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/50119/the-ref-made-me-flop

LkrFan
10-03-2012, 10:05 PM
It wont affect them too much offensively, but the LA Floppers will give up 120ppg since their best two players couldn't defend bolted down chairs. Plus they're easily the best two floppers in the association tbh.

Cl:lolpp:lolrs = F:lolcked

DMC
10-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Don't want the NBA to turn into soccer

Yeah because then it might become popular.

AussieFanKurt
10-04-2012, 02:21 AM
Yeah because then it might become popular.

Yeah I guess I should have made it more obvious I was talking about flopping.. sorry :wakeup

Latarian Milton
10-04-2012, 09:35 AM
$ fine doesn't mean shit when the ones notorious for flopping earn 15-20m dollars a year. and players for minimum wages will never succeed flopping, since the refs simply won't buy their tricks no matter how hard they try

whitemamba
10-04-2012, 10:35 AM
$ fine doesn't mean shit when the ones notorious for flopping earn 15-20m dollars a year. and players for minimum wages will never succeed flopping, since the refs simply won't buy their tricks no matter how hard they try

well said, this is the stupidest shit.. this has absolutely no effect on the game, and what is 10 grand to a guy makin 20 million... floppers (aka clippers) will flop if that helps then win a game. so this rule is completely irrelevant.