PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Dwight had another active, injury-free practice

Ryan Fitzpatrick
10-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Sources say he could suit up right now if the season started--but he has another full month to ease back into it anyways.

gg NBA

LkrFan
10-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Injury Update: Dwight Howard

For the second consecutive day to open training camp, Dwight Howard (back) participated fully, going through everything from 1-on-1 and 2-on-2 contact drills to the offensive and defensive skeleton sets being implemented by the coaching staff.

“As much as he’s practicing, to me he’s back,” said Lakers head coach Mike Brown after the team completed the first of two Wednesday practices. “Just waiting for the doctors (and) trainers to clear him. When that happens, he’ll go full tilt. But he looks good out there.”

The night session would feature the first full court 5-on-5 scrimmage, the one thing L.A.’s training staff will hold Howard out of as his rehabilitation process continues.

“I’m still trying to regain strength,” Howard explained. “I’m not playing until I’m 100 percent. Just because I’m doing drills with the team or running up and down, it doesn’t mean I’m ready to play in a game. There’s a difference between running up and down and being actually out there battling. When I’m 100 percent and able to go, then I’ll go.”

After Tuesday’s extensive session, Howard relayed why many of his teammates feel he’s ahead of the expected schedule.

“Hopefully, I will be back for some preseason games,” Howard said. “I think we are going to need it for chemistry and all that stuff. But like I said, I’m not going to rush it.”

The six-time All Star wanted to see how he felt after Tuesday’s first full practice with teammates, and revealed that Wednesday’s work out also went well; the word “setback” has certainly not come up.

As such, optimism reigns in Los Angeles as it pertains to Howard, who spent far more time running up and down the court and dunking than many expected to start training camp.

LINK (http://blog.lakers.com/lakers/2012/10/03/injury-update-dwight-howard/)

ElNono
10-03-2012, 10:15 PM
How's Griffin coming along?

Clipper Nation
10-03-2012, 10:37 PM
Does Lakerfan really plan on jizzing themselves over every single practice and starting a thread about it?

racm
10-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Does Lakerfan really plan on jizzing themselves over every single practice and starting a thread about it?

Is Lamar still fat? Is CP3 still gonna flop? Will Monkeyball develop a jumper?

whitemamba
10-04-2012, 12:52 AM
Is Lamar still fat? Is CP3 still gonna flop? Will Monkeyball develop a jumper?

:lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick
10-04-2012, 08:48 AM
If the mood strikes me, sure.

The Gemini Method
10-04-2012, 11:04 AM
lol after every practice...do it, DD!

Venti Quattro
10-04-2012, 11:07 AM
If the mood strikes me, sure.

Ditto, TGM. Do it, DD!

The Gemini Method
10-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Piss off the mo'fuckaz up in hea...

LkrFan
10-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Visual proof may be found here:

6-TEwhu2r9s&sns=em

LkrFan
10-04-2012, 01:59 PM
^They called out Manu and Blake Griffin during the segment about flopping. :lol

Venti Quattro
10-04-2012, 02:06 PM
:lol NBA

Ryan Fitzpatrick
10-04-2012, 02:37 PM
^They called out Manu and Blake Griffin during the segment about flopping. :lol

:lol

"You shouldn't act like you just got shot by a civil war cannon."

Double-Up
10-04-2012, 02:40 PM
I hope he chokes on his own spit and dies...piece of shit.

LkrFan
10-04-2012, 02:41 PM
^ :lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick
10-04-2012, 02:42 PM
I hope he chokes on his own spit and dies...piece of shit.

Rough offseason for you, brah. First, Morey strikes out in the D12 sweepstakes, then you get your tetris badge ripped from you.

The Gemini Method
10-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Hey they won the Jeremy Lin sweepstakes!

LkrFan
10-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Hey they won the Jeremy Lin sweepstakes!

Prolly the ASG starter tbh. SMH

The Gemini Method
10-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Prolly the ASG starter tbh. SMH

Yeah, they still got the Chinaman vote locked down cuz of Yao-man...that's fa sho.

Latarian Milton
10-04-2012, 07:09 PM
yeah he didn't break his back picking the ball up, really great news tbh

Ryan Fitzpatrick
10-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Shut up rogue

Venti Quattro
10-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Dwight has been cleared for 5v5, full contact practices albeit on limited time for now.

LkrFan
10-09-2012, 04:34 PM
^ Great news VQ. It's gonna take some time for him to rebuild his stamina which is understandable.

rayjayjohnson
10-10-2012, 04:49 PM
I hope Dwight breaks his leg. Real talk. That whining little bitch needs some cumuppence.

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2012, 05:31 PM
^ Great news VQ. It's gonna take some time for him to rebuild his stamina which is understandable.

Da_Wight is gonna be fine...Kobe is a muthafucker too...check this out..Kobe was asked what he's teaching Dwight and he responded:

"My a--holishness. Dwight has a lot of that in him. He just needs to bring it out and make guys pay every day."

:lol my nigga teaching Dwight how to be an asshole on the court everyday...:toast

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2012, 05:32 PM
^ it also shows that Kobe is on some other shit..to refer to your mad / sick game as being an asshole is like gangsta out of this world

mavs>spurs
10-10-2012, 05:32 PM
laker fags yall are going to get outrun by thunder/heat

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2012, 05:36 PM
laker fags yall are going to get outrun by thunder/heat

don't underestimate veteran drive and determination..we have the right balance of vet, youth, speed, power, and athleticism..

Case in point: Miami beat OKC and OKC was much much younger....and faster..

you just worry about that sucker ass team you're fielding..ok pussy lips

mavs>spurs
10-10-2012, 05:38 PM
we have the right balance of vet, youth, speed, and athleticism

nope not in the backcourt where kome and trash are going to get fuckraped on the break by lebron/wade and durant/chimp

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2012, 05:46 PM
nope not in the backcourt where kome and trash are going to get fuckraped on the break by lebron/wade and durant/chimp

Unless Lebron plans on shooting all night then we win that backcourt match-up...Kobe is flat out better than Wade..and Kobe showed in the OKC series that even today no one can guard him one on one....If Lebron drives we have Dwight waiting for his ass..no more free rides homie...this is a different ball game now...you musta forgot we don't have slow and lazy ass Bynum on the block we have the 3 time DPOY..you better get on your gay ass knees and recognize bitch...

further more don't forget Kobe's last NBA game...nigga was off the charts in the losing effort...yall niggas musta forgot :toast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHhxUdGVU-o

LkrFan
10-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Da_Wight is gonna be fine...Kobe is a muthafucker too...check this out..Kobe was asked what he's teaching Dwight and he responded:

:lol my nigga teaching Dwight how to be an asshole on the court everyday...:toast

I believe Kobe will rub off on D12. He already has the physical tools - it's all mental with D12. Like he taught the NBA class of 2003 in the 2008 Olympics (how to win), he'll do the same for D12.

And for any haters that claim Kobe didn't teach LBJ how to win, I point to the 2004 Olympics when even the great Tim Duncan couldn't lead them to gold. So in a way, Miami owes Kobe a debt of gratitude for last year's title. Without Kobe's tuteledge, OKC is probably the champs right now. :lol

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2012, 08:35 PM
I believe Kobe will rub off on D12. He already has the physical tools - it's all mental with D12. Like he taught the NBA class of 2003 in the 2008 Olympics (how to win), he'll do the same for D12.

And for any haters that claim Kobe didn't teach LBJ how to win, I point to the 2004 Olympics when even the great Tim Duncan couldn't lead them to gold. So in a way, Miami owes Kobe a debt of gratitude for last year's title. Without Kobe's tuteledge, OKC is probably the champs right now. :lol

Losing last year was a blessing in disguise...it's like taking a step backwards only to to stake 3 steps forward....besides no one is talking about it but Lebron has * next to his first title just like Duncan....:lol no if's and's or but's about it

LkrFan
10-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Dwight battling with our rooks in training camp:

hm69WB5qTOU&sns=em

I'm going out on a limb here: he'll be ready on opening night. ;)

LkrFan
10-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Losing last year was a blessing in disguise...it's like taking a step backwards only to to stake 3 steps forward....besides no one is talking about it but Lebron has * next to his first title just like Duncan....:lol no if's and's or but's about it

L*Bron. :lol

Venti Quattro
10-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Could make his debut on Sunday vs the Clippers. http://es.pn/ROUdKG

purplengold
10-19-2012, 09:13 PM
not big surprise, recover from herniated disc really not that long if you getta surgery n no complications. it not like he break or tear shit

DeadlyDynasty
10-19-2012, 09:32 PM
Whoa now...according to the many esteemed doctors on ST, he wasn't gonna play till Christmas:(