PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Shaq: Brook is better than Dwight

Venti Quattro
10-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Shaq: Lopez better than D12 (http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/brooklyn-nets/post/_/id/6024/shaq-lopez-better-than-d-12)

Shaquille O'Neal doesn't just think Andrew Bynum is better than Dwight Howard.

He'd also take Brook Lopez over D-12 ... assuming he can remember the Nets center's name.

Here's what O'Neal had to say when asked his opinion on who is the best big man in the NBA during a roundtable discussion with fellow TNT analysts posted on NBA.com last week:

"We as players, we always watch people before us. When I came in it was Patrick Ewing and Hakeem Olajuwon, guys who played like true centers who played inside. What we have now are centers that are going to the European style, which is a lot of pick-and-roll. Dwight Howard, who's a pick-and-roll player, some people say he's the best center in the league, but me being an old-school center, I'm going to go with Robin Lopez and Andrew Bynum because they play with their back to the basket."

O'Neal is later asked if he meant Brook Lopez, not his twin brother, Robin.

"Brook. Same thing. They're brothers."

:lol The Big Bitter

inb4 spurfans + Flopper Nation change the subject with ":cry shut up dumb lakerfan, he led LA to three rings so he's absolutely right!!! :cry"

flipspursfan
10-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Man, I can understand if he thinks Bynum is better. But Brook?

:lol Brook Lopez
:lol can't rebound
:lol overpaid

lefty
10-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Bitter fatass :lol

jeebus
10-04-2012, 11:22 AM
shut up dumb lakerfan, he led LA to three rings so he's absolutely right!!!

The Gemini Method
10-04-2012, 11:23 AM
The Big Buick should just disappear into the background and enjoy the retirement life...

Venti Quattro
10-04-2012, 11:25 AM
shut up dumb lakerfan, he led LA to three rings so he's absolutely right!!!

http://i45.tinypic.com/2po6snr.gif

The Gemini Method
10-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Venti with the Crytika goods tbqfh

jeebus
10-04-2012, 11:26 AM
http://i48.tinypic.com/zjtok9.gif

The Gemini Method
10-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Holy mackerel! The Hammer and Sicklelol! That is neat-o.

Clipper Nation
10-04-2012, 12:01 PM
The 3-time Finals MVP and 4-time champ is right about them NBA centers, tbh....

kamikazi_player
10-04-2012, 01:45 PM
When he averages more rebounds than chris paul, then maybe he's top 5. As of right now? N:lol

BRHornet45
10-04-2012, 02:14 PM
lol sons its so cute watching Kobe fans lame attempts at bashing the man who single handily gift wrapped and handed Kobe 3 rings on a silver platter.

The Gemini Method
10-04-2012, 02:18 PM
It is equally funny when the detractors continue to spew their same old retort with regards to Kobe. At least come with something more entertaining...both of you (Shaq and the Anti-Kobe lackeys).

Koolaid_Man
10-04-2012, 03:08 PM
lol sons its so cute watching Kobe fans lame attempts at bashing the man who single handily gift wrapped and handed Kobe 3 rings on a silver platter.

Like I said. U just make sure Tony Davis is hitting that iron, running 5 miles/day, and doing good leg presses before he signs with my Lakeshow in 4 more yrs.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
10-04-2012, 03:11 PM
Love the Diesel, but he needs to drop the jilted lover act...makes him look petty.

DMC
10-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Big guys like him only get more egotistical as they age and find insecurities they need to cover up.

Reck
10-04-2012, 04:17 PM
Typical response from someone that feels threatened by another player, specially when that player plays the same position you use to play.

Shaq should just enjoy his post NBA career and stfu.

mavs>spurs
10-04-2012, 05:16 PM
:lol The Big Bitter

inb4 spurfans + Flopper Nation change the subject with ":cry shut up dumb lakerfan, he led LA to three rings so he's absolutely right!!! :cry"

Making fun of homer spur fan was already patented before you started posting here, stop dick riding.

Latarian Milton
10-04-2012, 06:44 PM
a real great center like the media makes DH look to be isn't supposed to shit his pants while fighting a 7'6 dick imho

The Gemini Method
10-04-2012, 06:47 PM
Well, at least Dwight Howard stood up for himself...

Koolaid_Man
10-04-2012, 06:49 PM
Yo Sons I suck Mad dick yo!!!!

^ shameful dawg

namlook
10-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Obviously the jealousy is oozing out here. Isn't a traditional center supposed to control the boards and protect the rim as well?

How is a "pick and roll center" like Dwight at 6'10" a better rebounder and protector of the rim than guys that are 7'+ like Shaq / Bynum / Lopez ?

LOL @ Shaq

Koolaid_Man
10-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Obviously the jealousy is oozing out here. Isn't a traditional center supposed to control the boards and protect the rim as well?

How is a "pick and roll center" like Dwight at 6'10" a better rebounder and protector of the rim than guys that are 7'+ like Shaq / Bynum / Lopez ?

LOL @ Shaq

now you can clearly see why this blow-hard nigga and Kobe couldn't co-exist...Shaq literally has the mind of a 16 yr old...always has...he's never changed...his bacon cheddar with triple meat and extra Mayo hamburger eating ass is trying to fuck with Dwight from the TNT studio's...Kobe shook that nigga off and Dwight won't even have to work as hard...Kobe got his back...

Shaq trying to drive a wedge to piss Dwight off so that Dwight and Kobe won't ring together....Shaq just might do himself if he witnesses Kobe ringing again with Kobe jumping in Dwights arms to celebrate (no homo)... I for one can't wait to see it :toast

Bynumite
10-04-2012, 07:57 PM
cYdpW-vcHMI

racm
10-04-2012, 08:02 PM
Brook sucks anyway. He's the reason I don't have the Nets winning a playoff series.

Also, Shaq has worse takes than Austin Rivers, tbh...

Venti Quattro
10-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Making fun of homer spur fan was already patented before you started posting here, stop dick riding.

Really? Show the patent then

Leetonidas
10-04-2012, 09:33 PM
shaq just trollin

Ashy Larry
10-04-2012, 10:27 PM
lol @ Shaquille .......

ambchang
10-04-2012, 10:32 PM
Did know Shaquille is buddy with Kobe again. Just setting up excuses I case the lakers don't win it all, then it's because d12 isn't even as good as Lopez, what do u expect?

HarlemHeat37
10-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Howard is probably the biggest faggot in NBA history, but Lopez isn't even a top 10 C, tbh:lol..

Kobefan should hope Shaq deads his public opinions, tbh..he's killing their argument of using the opinions of "NBA people" as their primary debate point, tbh..

whitemamba
10-05-2012, 12:13 AM
i love shaq..but this is hilarious

z0sa
10-05-2012, 12:54 AM
Eddy Curry > Dwight

LkrFan
10-05-2012, 01:35 AM
KEVIN DING
Dwight's full reply to Shaq on NBA.com preferring Bynum and Brook Lopez as centers:

"I don't care what Shaq says. Shaq played the game; he’s done. He’s done. It’s time to move on. He hated the fact that when he played, the older guys were talking about him and how he played. And now he’s doing the exact same thing. Just let it go. There’s no sense for him to be talking trash to me. He did his thing in the league. He was one of the most dominant players to ever play the game. Sit back and relax. You did yours. Your time is up. So I don’t really care. He can say whatever he wants to say.”

(Will you ever get on the same page with Shaq?) “What do we need to be on the same page for? … I have respect for him and what he did for basketball. That’s it. Like I said, he has already did his thing. He played. When my time is up, there’s going to be somebody else who can do everything I can do and probably do it better. Instead of me talking about him, I’ll do my job to try to help him get to where I’m at. I think that’s what guys who have done it before us should do.

(Did you ever have any relationship with Shaq?) “I don’t know what we’ve had.”

(Will you have a relationship with Kareem?) “Me and Kareem have talked. That’ll stay private.”

LINK (http://sulia.com/channel/la-lakers/f/940cbaf3-08e9-4dcd-9bc4-6dd8f159f774/?source=twitter)

I'd like to see Shaq's response to ^^. D12 just dropping truth bombs tbh. For some dumb reason or two, Shaq is still upset that the Lakers moved on... without him. Sad actually.

LkrFan
10-05-2012, 01:38 AM
Eddy Curry Weighs much much more than Dwight

Agreed. :downspin:

IronMaxipad
10-05-2012, 01:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTsHapPdx_E&feature=player_embedded

z0sa
10-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Agreed. :downspin:

Bro Eddy Curry would eat Dwight for dinner and still have room for dessert. :lol

Ryan Fitzpatrick
10-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Good response by Dwight...makes Shaq look even more petty. Dude holds grudges like it's nobody's business.

Koolaid_Man
10-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Bro Eddy Curry would eat Dwight for dinner and still have room for dessert. :lol

Curry would certainly eat Dwights ass for dinner since he trolls for gay sex. He'd swallow Dwights load for dessert....

http://m.nypost.com/p/news/regional/item_Suy2rBfy0pSmFKc62MVXmN

z0sa
10-05-2012, 12:34 PM
You misused "trolls", which doesn't surprise me, since you've "trolled" for gay sex on this site thousands of times.

Koolaid_Man
10-05-2012, 12:37 PM
You misused "trolls", which doesn't surprise me, since you've "trolled" for gay sex on this site thousands of times.

If Z0sa is blowing Kool and licking Kools dirty ass then its Z0sa who has a gay problem...not Kool. :lol

z0sa
10-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Sounds like you wish Eddy Curry was on your team.

Koolaid_Man
10-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Sounds like you wish Eddy Curry was on your team.

No but I am happy that he's on Duncans team. I couldn't ask for anything better

A tongue ring tramp stamp rocking TOSB...
A big man who demands gay sex from his drivers
A point guard who bangs teammates wives
A guard who gang rapes women from behind as they're vomitng crackers in a sink
A guard who's a wannabe thug shooting guns in the air at night clubs
A guard who openly supports gay marriage (Manu)
A rat faced coach
A fat lard and bean burritos eating fan name Zosa

z0sa
10-05-2012, 01:05 PM
And you call yourself a democrat? Obama Biden Forever!!

LkrFan
10-05-2012, 02:24 PM

:lol

Arcadian
10-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Shaq is simply emphasizing Howard's offensive weaknesses - and rightfully so. He is almost incapable of scoring in isolation. To his credit, he has improved a lot since he came into the NBA. But still, his mediocre offensive ability will always set an upper limit on his greatness.

Those of you who brought up his superior defense and rebounding are missing the point. I'm sure that Shaq would concede that Howard is indeed better than him in those areas. But basketball is, first and foremost, about scoring. If Howard wants to be the best center in the NBA, he still has a long way to go with his offense.

The Gemini Method
10-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Shaq is simply emphasizing Howard's offensive weaknesses - and rightfully so. He is almost incapable of scoring in isolation. To his credit, he has improved a lot since he came into the NBA. But still, his mediocre offensive ability will always set an upper limit on his greatness.

Those of you who brought up his superior defense and rebounding are missing the point. I'm sure that Shaq would concede that Howard is indeed better than him in those areas. But basketball is, first and foremost, about scoring. If Howard wants to be the best center in the NBA, he still has a long way to go with his offense.

Uh no. That's not at all what Shaq was outlining with his comments. It's Shaq after all and the proof is in the first year of him joining the Inside the NBA crew--he offers next to nothing in terms of having anything intelligible or thought provoking when it comes to basketball. It would be one thing for him to outline the inadequacies in D12's game but he didn't stop there--he began to say Brook Lopez (Robin at first...another petty slight) and Bynum were better centers. You can make the argument that Bynum is up there in terms of 'best center' but Brook isn't even close. Also, the old addage that defense wins championships is so paramount in regards to basketball that this league is driven moreso than any other sport by a team's need to be in the top echalon of defenses to even hold hope that it'll win a title (See: early 00s Mavs vs. the 2010 Mavs). That, in my opinion, is what seperates Howard from the likes of Bynum and Lopez. He doesn't need to be a 30pt scorer because the Lakers have enough firepower that he'll be alright in that aspect and unlike Bynum, he'll be glad to dominate on the boards and get blocks. This is merely a petty, shallow, and lame attempt at Shaq trying to be relevant when his best move is to live life and enjoy his retirement. We fans are appreciative of what he did for L.A., but he is also part of the blame that the Lakers were not more successful than one 3-peat...though that is a monumental accomplishment nontheless. Just move on, Shaq. There is no need to take shot after shot after shot on people you once played with or against.

LkrFan
10-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Uh no. That's not at all what Shaq was outlining with his comments. It's Shaq after all and the proof is in the first year of him joining the Inside the NBA crew--he offers next to nothing in terms of having anything intelligible or thought provoking when it comes to basketball. It would be one thing for him to outline the inadequacies in D12's game but he didn't stop there--he began to say Brook Lopez (Robin at first...another petty slight) and Bynum were better centers. You can make the argument that Bynum is up there in terms of 'best center' but Brook isn't even close. Also, the old addage that defense wins championships is so paramount in regards to basketball that this league is driven moreso than any other sport by a team's need to be in the top echalon of defenses to even hold hope that it'll win a title (See: early 00s Mavs vs. the 2010 Mavs). That, in my opinion, is what seperates Howard from the likes of Bynum and Lopez. He doesn't need to be a 30pt scorer because the Lakers have enough firepower that he'll be alright in that aspect and unlike Bynum, he'll be glad to dominate on the boards and get blocks. This is merely a petty, shallow, and lame attempt at Shaq trying to be relevant when his best move is to live life and enjoy his retirement. We fans are appreciative of what he did for L.A., but he is also part of the blame that the Lakers were not more successful than one 3-peat...though that is a monumental accomplishment nontheless. Just move on, Shaq. There is no need to take shot after shot after shot on people you once played with or against.

Well said. I agree 100%. :tu

ambchang
10-05-2012, 11:25 PM
I never liked Shaq, and this is one of the reasons, he just go onto these illogical, troll-filled tirades to get himself attention, trying to draw every little bit of attention to himself, with literally nothing to gain. He has the maturity of a Grade 2 class clown, he doesn't care if people are laughing at him, he just thinks people are laughing with him and enjoying the time.

it is strange, because Shaq has demonstrated quite a few times he is extremely witty, and he certainly didn't become one of the most dominant player to ever play the game by being lazy and stupid, he is a smart guy. But for some reason, he always lets his own ego and desperation for attention get in the way, and do things that hurt himself, and during his playing days, his team.

One of the rare times I agree with LkrFan, it really is sad looking at Shaq now.

P.S. Impressed with how Howard responded, especially with the implication that he is better than Shaq was.

LkrFan
10-06-2012, 12:22 AM
I never liked Shaq, and this is one of the reasons, he just go onto these illogical, troll-filled tirades to get himself attention, trying to draw every little bit of attention to himself, with literally nothing to gain. He has the maturity of a Grade 2 class clown, he doesn't care if people are laughing at him, he just thinks people are laughing with him and enjoying the time.

it is strange, because Shaq has demonstrated quite a few times he is extremely witty, and he certainly didn't become one of the most dominant player to ever play the game by being lazy and stupid, he is a smart guy. But for some reason, he always lets his own ego and desperation for attention get in the way, and do things that hurt himself, and during his playing days, his team.

One of the rare times I agree with LkrFan, it really is sad looking at Shaq now.

P.S. Impressed with how Howard responded, especially with the implication that he is better than Shaq was.

There is help for you after all. Props son. :tu

PGDynasty24
10-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Post Moves/Offensive skills are irrelevant when Dwight is leading the league in FG% and Brook is extremely inefficient.

Clipper Nation
10-06-2012, 03:02 PM
No but I am happy that he's on Duncans team. I couldn't ask for anything better

A tongue ring tramp stamp rocking TOSB...
A big man who demands gay sex from his drivers
A point guard who bangs teammates wives
A guard who gang rapes women from behind as they're vomitng crackers in a sink
A guard who's a wannabe thug shooting guns in the air at night clubs
A guard who openly supports gay marriage (Manu)
A rat faced coach
A fat lard and bean burritos eating fan name Zosa
And a fan who spends his days alternating between pretending to be a gay black Kobefan and pretending to be a wannabe dictator, tbh...

.500 and under club
01-05-2013, 12:30 PM
:lol well, well, well.

TrainOfThought5
01-05-2013, 12:47 PM
possibly the Bump of the year TBH

Raven
01-05-2013, 01:01 PM
People seriously need to apologize to him for thinking he was driven by hate instead of him making a serious opinion about the player who actually proved true. Never thought I would say that about Shaq...

BUMP
01-05-2013, 01:22 PM
People seriously need to apologize to him for thinking he was driven by hate instead of him making a serious opinion about the player who actually proved true. Never thought I would say that about Shaq...

Uh, he made these comments before the season. Up until this season it's been a no brainer that Howard was the best center in the NBA. Now it's just funny because Howard just happened to suck with LA but it's revisionist history to think Shaq had any logic behind these comments earlier.

O.J. Simpson
01-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Raven is basically a poor man's irishock. Idiotic takes all-around, flying under the radar.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Raven is basically a poor man's irishock. Idiotic takes all-around, flying under the radar.

He still tries to argue Diaw > Lee, even after FkLA gave up on it.

Raven
01-05-2013, 01:48 PM
He still tries to argue Diaw > Lee, even after FkLA gave up on it.

tbh I just said that Diaw is the better defender and given the contract Lee has, for what the spurs try to do, Diaw is the better fit ...

O.J. Simpson
01-05-2013, 01:53 PM
tbh I just said that Diaw is the better defender and given the contract Lee has, for what the spurs try to do, Diaw is the better fit ...

That's still retarded. This is like when grey spurfan said Dirk wouldn't be a great fit alongside Duncan.

Diaw the better fit? He's fucking obese, he doesn't fit anywhere. David Lee is an exponentially better player than Diaw, don't try to rationale it with bullshit. The Spurs would trade Diaw for him yesterday.

Raven
01-05-2013, 01:58 PM
That's still retarded. This is like when grey spurfan said Dirk wouldn't be a great fit alongside Duncan.

Diaw the better fit? He's fucking obese, he doesn't fit anywhere. David Lee is an exponentially better player than Diaw, don't try to rationale it with bullshit. The Spurs would trade Diaw for him yesterday.

That's like saying Monta Ellis is better than Thabo Sefolosha so he would be a better fit at OKC.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-05-2013, 02:04 PM
That's like saying Monta Ellis is better than Thabo Sefolosha so he would be a better fit at OKC.

Thabo Sefolosha is an elite perimeter defender and Monta Ellis does nothing other than score. That's a completely asinine comparison.

Why does Spurfan think Boris Diaw is such a good defender?

Raven
01-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Thabo Sefolosha is an elite perimeter defender and Monta Ellis does nothing other than score. That's a completely asinine comparison.

well at least we've come to the fact that the comparison I made (which is in no way similar to what was the one made by others in that topic) has nothing to do with being the better all around player.. tbh Diaw has proven he is a very good team player by running up and down the floor while we didn't have both our threes. He proved he can guard well enough players from the 3 to the 5 and that's not simple. Also he defended very well alongside Timmy in last year's playoffs so he has that credit too..

DPG21920
01-05-2013, 02:17 PM

Boris is a good defender, especially on the block. He's not Dwight Howard or anything, but he is really smart, strong and deceptively agile for a man of his size.

DPG21920
01-05-2013, 02:19 PM
That doesn't make him better than David Lee. I think this comes from people looking only at all around skill set and if each player played their best from what they have shown. Under that impossible scenario I can see arguing Boris over Lee, but that is not the case since they don't always just magically play their best. Lee is far more consistent, a better scorer and rebounder and plays at higher level so much more consistently than Boris.

However, that doesn't mean Boris can't be a good defender (he is) or pretty talented despite his obvious flaws (again, he is).

JamStone
01-05-2013, 02:29 PM
As terrible a season as Dwight has had by his standards, his overall statistical production is still basically as good or better than Brook's, other than Brook scoring at a slightly higher clip and being a better free throw shooter, which he always has been.

To suggest Shaq had any legitimate logic behind the comment at the time and it wasn't sparked by hatred is silly. Shaq has shown his true colors throughout his entire public life. He was definitely just haterating out of spite.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Boris is a good defender, especially on the block

Good post defense is pretty useless these days.

StrengthAndHonor
01-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Question is. Would you Laker guys trade Howard to Brooklyn for Brook Lopez and filler?

FuzzyLumpkins
01-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Good post defense is pretty useless these days.

:lol Suns fan talking of the usefulness of defense.

DUNCANownsKOBE
01-05-2013, 07:47 PM
:lol using an ad-hominem and ignoring the actual content of my post

Indazone
01-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Only one true Superman :lol

racm
01-06-2013, 09:39 PM
The Nets are above .500 despite Deron chucking Avery Johnson out of the team. The Lakers are below .500.