PDA

View Full Version : Eating meat made us human

InRareForm
10-04-2012, 01:50 PM
http://www.livescience.com/23671-eating-meat-made-us-human.html

Latarian Milton
10-04-2012, 06:57 PM
meat is good for humans' brain as it contains the protein that's necessary for brain growth but can't be found in plant foods or assembled in their own bodies, but on the other hand it shortens humans lives if they eat too much of meat

DMC
10-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Ok, tonight I will let you become even more human.

Latarian Milton
10-05-2012, 10:20 AM
if you don't eat meat you'll have to eat bean instead to acquire the proteins needed by your body, but eating too much bean will make you stupid through time

InRareForm
10-05-2012, 11:22 AM
where the vegans at?

ChuckD
10-06-2012, 12:17 PM
meat is good for humans' brain as it contains the protein that's necessary for brain growth but can't be found in plant foods or assembled in their own bodies, but on the other hand it shortens humans lives if they eat too much of meat

Horse crap. If you combine grains and legumes (beans and rice for example) you get the complete set of amino acids you need to make protein in your body. Some grains, like buckwheat (and quinoa, I believe) and a few others, are already complete by themselves. The thing about meat is that proto-humans could get a big concentrated burstt of the amino acids with one animal kill, as opposed to having to gather the other grains/legume components. Meat also tastes good. You aren't going to somehow revert to Australopithecus if you stop eating meat, though. You don't have to gather your non-meat components these days. You can just go to the grocery store.

Bottom line: meat is more effective, grains/legumes more efficient. It takes 10 lbs of vegetable matter to create a lb of meat on a farm animal.

mavs>spurs
10-06-2012, 02:02 PM
you also have to eat 10lbs of vegetables to get the same calories as that 1lb of meat..especially with all the soils stripped and there being basically not even half the nutrition in our food anymore.

but that said, stay the fuck away from red meat and only eat chicken/fish..there's nothing wrong with a vegetarian diet it's just really really hard to still get all your calories/nutrients. you have to eat A LOT of that stuff or you're going to be starving.

Heath Ledger
05-10-2013, 05:35 AM
you also have to eat 10lbs of vegetables to get the same calories as that 1lb of meat..especially with all the soils stripped and there being basically not even half the nutrition in our food anymore.

but that said, stay the fuck away from red meat and only eat chicken/fish..there's nothing wrong with a vegetarian diet it's just really really hard to still get all your calories/nutrients. you have to eat A LOT of that stuff or you're going to be starving.

It's not as hard as you think. You are eating nutrient dense foods. Where some vegetarians get into trouble is not getting enough carbs/eating enough fruit. What ive been doing that works for me is having fresh made juices or smoothies for breakfast, eating fruit all through the day and at dinner having a big salad, some potatoes, sweet potatoes brown rice etc i feel content. My cravings for shit is gone, my skin has cleared up and my aches and pains have all but vanished.

boutons_deux
05-10-2013, 08:26 AM

you ignorant fuck

boutons_deux
05-10-2013, 10:12 AM
1000s of years ago, before BigChem and BigChem destroyed agriculture, environment, human health, wild meat, in spite of parasites, etc, was a lot more nutritious than today's mammal and fowl industrial garbage

FDA Admits Chicken Meat Contains Arsenic

http://ecowatch.com/2013/fda-admits-chicken-meat-contains-arsenic/?utm_source=feedly

etc, etc, etc.

animal feed and treatment contains hormones, anti-biotics, gmo corn and soy, shit and body parts from other animals, etc, etc, etc.

boutons_deux
05-10-2013, 10:54 AM
7 Dangerous Food Practices Banned in Europe But Just Fine in America

http://www.alternet.org/7-dangerous-food-practices-banned-europe-just-fine-america?akid=10419.187590.0UOIVe&rd=1&src=newsletter837953&t=9&paging=off

Relevancy
05-10-2013, 01:47 PM
What's healthy nowadays? I don't want to live past the age of 100, everyone whose that age are just tick bombs. I tell many people that eating junk food is not bad at all, but only if you know how to eat in small portions, say at least once a week and the rest of your meals from whatever your mom/wife makes at the house, Do that and cut all the sugary drinks(obvious) and you'll live past 60, which I don't know about you guys but that's such a short life span.

Eat meat, don't hold yourself back, just don't eat it everyday, you want to have variations. I hate picky people, "no don't get that can dear!!" it has a high level of sodium and has a lot of fat"!

Heath Ledger
05-13-2013, 08:08 PM
you can live a very long life eating unhealthy but you will be full of different ailments and health issues they say that a vegan/vegetarian lifestyle only adds 3-7 years of lifespan on average but without most or all of the ailments you would otherwise have on a sad diet.

My grandmother just passed away at 86 as a chainsmoking, beef and egg eating bohemoth. But she also had cancer, emphysema, rheumatoid arthritis, sleep apnea just to name a few and her quality of life her last 10 years was total shit.