PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Dwight Howard numbers...

ElNono
10-04-2012, 08:45 PM
So, what do you all expect he'll average this season?

Last season in Orlando he put up 20 pts, 14 boards.

I personally think his boards will go down a bit. He's now going to be playing with Gasol, who's also a double-digit rebounder.

As far as points, it's difficult without seeing how he's going to be used. If think he's going to be the 4th option on offense, but he'll get a good amount of put backs, so 20 sounds about right.

Venti Quattro
10-04-2012, 08:48 PM
18 to 20 points and 11 to 12 rebounds sounds about right. He'll own the boards with side-by-side a guy who can also put up similar numbers in any given night.

irishock
10-04-2012, 08:59 PM
18 pts 13 rbs 4blks

racm
10-04-2012, 09:14 PM
18 ppg/12 rpg/2 bpg, best defensive rating in the league (and no, high volume shot blocking is not good defense)

baseline bum
10-04-2012, 10:29 PM
I'll venture to guess 2 more kids per season but an average of 0.0 rapes for the next 5.

Ashy Larry
10-04-2012, 10:32 PM
17-18, 13 is cool with me .......

Koolaid_Man
10-04-2012, 10:58 PM
So, what do you all expect he'll average this season?

Last season in Orlando he put up 20 pts, 14 boards.

I personally think his boards will go down a bit. He's now going to be playing with Gasol, who's also a double-digit rebounder.

As far as points, it's difficult without seeing how he's going to be used. If think he's going to be the 4th option on offense, but he'll get a good amount of put backs, so 20 sounds about right.

Dwight - 25 / 15
Paul 17 / 10
Kobe 27 / 6
Artest 12/8
Nash 15 pts 15 assists

Starters will avg 96 pts / game

Jamison - 10 / 5
Meeks - 10 /3
Hill - 7/7
Blake - 5 / 2

Bench will avg 32 pts/game

Lakers will avg 128 pts/game

ElNono
10-04-2012, 11:17 PM
Lakers will avg 128 pts/game

Do you think that'll be enough to beat the Bobcats this season?

flipspursfan
10-05-2012, 07:37 AM
I'm thinking Dwight would give up some scoring whilst improving his rebounding numbers. Probably along the lines of: 17.7 PPG/13.4 RPG/2 APG/ 49% FG

flipspursfan
10-05-2012, 07:39 AM
The one I'll expect to have a drastic change in stats is definitely Nash. I'm thinking he'll go 10 PPG/12 APG. While MWP would probably go 12 PPG/5 RPG

The Gemini Method
10-05-2012, 11:04 AM
He'll probably average about 25 smiles per game and about 3 to 4 lame impressions during his post-game interviews per game tbh.

Ryan Fitzpatrick
10-05-2012, 01:19 PM
DH: 21.5 and 13, w/ 4 blocks
KB: 25/5/5
SN: 12/10
MWP: 10/5
PG: 17/9

Health permitting, this team will rip through the league.

ambchang
10-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Depends on how he is used. If I was Mike Brown, I will have Pau play offense in the high post and utilize his passing to put enormous pressures on the defense, while letting Dwight set up camp down low to get offensive rebounds, put backs, post up, and set cross screens either on the baseline or on Pau's defender. Will also let Dwight attack the offensive glass and send Pau back to stop the other teams fast breaks.

Then on defense, I will let him anchor the paint, and use Pau as the mobile big man to cause disruption (show on pick and rolls, double team perimeter guys, etc ...) and have Dwight dedicate himself on defensive rebounds and outlet passes.

If he is being utilized this way, his offensive numbers may drop a little, but his rebounds and blocks will be still be league leading.

18/15/4 is not out of question.

The Lakers have too many offensive weapons for Dwight to be #1, where he will help out is on defense, where he will just dominate the opposition. Honestly, the Lakers will be a tough team to beat this year, anything less than a finals appearance will be a huge disappointment, and anything less than a WCF appearance will be a huge shock.

Latarian Milton
10-05-2012, 06:33 PM
20pt a game will be fairly good for him when he scores most of his points on 2nd chances and alley-oops

Leetonidas
10-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Considering the Nash effect, I think he'll be around 22.6ppg/13.5rpg/2.5bpg. Although we don't know how Kobe is going to fit into all this because he's obviously not the best player on this team but will still take the most shots and probably still handle the rock a fair amount of the time, chucking turnaround fadeaway three pointers while being doubled on the perimeter as Howard has his man sealed on the block :lol

LkrFan
10-05-2012, 08:07 PM
FG% - 55%+
FT% - 58%

22 ppg
12 rpg (Pau will take some rebounds from him)
3 bpg (covering for Nash's man will give him a ton of opportunities)

Relevancy
10-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Considering the Nash effect, I think he'll be around 22.6ppg/13.5rpg/2.5bpg. Although we don't know how Kobe is going to fit into all this because he's obviously not the best player on this team but will still take the most shots and probably still handle the rock a fair amount of the time, chucking turnaround fadeaway three pointers while being doubled on the perimeter as Howard has his man sealed on the block :lolYeah, I'm sure Kobe is gonna chuck every single shot when he has Nash who can conduct the offense, real smart, while having Howard ready to dunk on guys, real smart. Kobe's is a decent passer, I'm sure he'll utilize all the god given offense his team has, or you can just ignore all of this and proceed to wishful think.

ElNono
10-05-2012, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Kobe is gonna chuck every single shot when he has Nash who can conduct the offense, real smart, while having Howard ready to dunk on guys, real smart. Kobe's is a decent passer, I'm sure he'll utilize all the god given offense his team has, or you can just ignore all of this and proceed to wishful think.

http://i49.tinypic.com/33agknm.png

Never underestimate Kobe chucking ways.

Relevancy
10-05-2012, 10:31 PM

Never underestimate Kobe chucking ways.Well sometimes he gets carried away, true, but what about all those nights were he shoots efficiently? Why not bother naming those? Kobe was or is a superstar(might even say he's an all-star now with this team) and because he's a superstar he gets the benefit of the doubt, even though I have to admit I scream at the Tv whenever he takes bad shots, having a team this talented you don't think he'll change his game a little to benefit those who play around him? Please, I'm sure what's going through Kobe's mind right now is not chucking shots, it's aiming at the 6th ring.

mavs>spurs
10-05-2012, 10:39 PM
probably 17.5, 13, and 62% shooting. only one ball imho.

Leetonidas
10-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I'm sure Kobe is gonna chuck every single shot when he has Nash who can conduct the offense, real smart, while having Howard ready to dunk on guys, real smart. Kobe's is a decent passer, I'm sure he'll utilize all the god given offense his team has, or you can just ignore all of this and proceed to wishful think.

You act as if Kobe hasn't had a great team around him before and shot his team out of games/playoff series for refusing to do anything but dominate the offense. If you guys really think Kobe is going to turn into Quentin Richardson around Nash then you're delusional

ElNono
10-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Well sometimes he gets carried away, true, but what about all those nights were he shoots efficiently?

Dude averaged 30% 3pt shooting for the season. His 43% overall shooting last season was the 3rd worst in his career (he was only worse in his first two seasons).
Father time catches up to everyone.

having a team this talented you don't think he'll change his game a little to benefit those who play around him?

Frankly, no. He's an egomaniac first and foremost, and he knows that even if he chucks like crazy, this team is good enough to make the playoffs comfortably.

So I fully expect him to go right back at chasing MJ on the all time scoring list.

Relevancy
10-05-2012, 11:09 PM
You act as if Kobe hasn't had a great team around him before and shot his team out of games/playoff series for refusing to do anything but dominate the offense. If you guys really think Kobe is going to turn into Quentin Richardson around Nash then you're delusionalHmm no he wont turn into something he's not that I agree with you, Kobe is Kobe, Kobe never had a cast like this, the 2000's come pretty close but that's it, oh and how can we forget the 2004 one, but their downfall was mainly injury's, but after that point Kobe never had this much talent all clustered together, so for you to think he won't be able to adjust is the delusion at it's finest. Plus

ElNono
10-05-2012, 11:44 PM
It's not that he's incapable to adjust. He's just not willing. In his mind, he's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Latarian Milton
10-06-2012, 12:13 AM
he's gonna be their 4th offensive option and it's unrealistic for a team's #4 to score 20pts a game or more imho. the nash effect will be neutralized when he has a egoistic backcourt partner demanding the damn ball all the time, not to say the spanish fag will also take a lionshare of scores in paint

LkrFan
10-06-2012, 12:19 AM

Never underestimate Kobe chucking ways.
Kobe Bryant: 5
The Field: 2 or less

:downspin:

.500 and under club
01-05-2013, 12:31 PM
Dwight - 25 / 15
Paul 17 / 10
Kobe 27 / 6