PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: 2012-2013 Mavericks Season Preview

ElNono
10-04-2012, 11:26 PM
Mavfan been quiet, but season is upon us, so here's a few team previews...

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2012/09/25/dallas-mavericks-season-preview.nba/index.html
http://www.hoopsworld.com/2012-2013-dallas-mavericks-season-preview/
http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/08/11/dallas-mavericks-offseason-moves-analysis/

Players added:
O.J. Mayo
Chris Kaman
Darren Collison
Elton Brand

Players gone:
Lamar Odom (crofl)
Jason Kidd
Jason Terry
Brendan Haywood

What you make out of these new Mavs? I think they're playoff bound, and as long as Dirk is there, they'll give anybody a fight. Realistically, 3rd SW division, IMO.

monosylab1k
10-04-2012, 11:55 PM
At best, a 4 seed and second round exit.

At worst, a chemistry disaster and barely missing the playoffs.

I think it will be closer to the best case scenario, but Collison is the key. If he can run the offense then we're okay. If he goes Devin Harris then this thing is screwed.

HarlemHeat37
10-05-2012, 12:12 AM
I'd have them between 4-6, they'll battle the Clippers and Nuggets IMO..

I don't envision chemistry being a major issue, their roles are defined well and they have players that fit into most required niches..

The defense will be poor, especially in the frontcourt, Dirk/Kaman will get bodied..however, their offense will be in the top 5, they're stacked with shooters and dribble-drive players, tbh..

Kaman received some hype, but he's perennially one of the most overrated players in the NBA..he won't be an overall upgrade over Haywood IMO..Elton Brand is a solid addition though, even in his current state, he will perform at a high level off the bench..

Mayo should negate most of Terry's production and VC is coming off a strong year..

Collison will be a defensive downgrade from Kidd, but his energy and upgrade in athleticism is needed for the Mavs..

For their sake, I hope they quit on Beaubois, tbh..West completely shits on him, it would be a waste of his ability if he's behind Beaubois at any point..

Lincoln
10-05-2012, 07:16 AM
most mav fans left after we run in june of 2011 and have been on a hiatus so to speak. we have nothing left to cheer for after The Dismantling

Lincoln
10-05-2012, 07:18 AM
although if dem mavs play to their absolute potential, i think they could be a dark horse to the WCF and maybe even the Finals if fluke bullshit/ injuries happen. Realistically, I give them a top 4 seed and a WCF ceiling imho. The defense is too shitty and who knows how the new backcourt will play. This is the most offensive talent that has surrounded Dirk in a while though and I definitely think he will have a strong MVP type year because of it.

Latarian Milton
10-05-2012, 06:13 PM
you never thought them mavs could win the NBA title a year before their actually did it, with the DUST chip converted into TC rather than some exciting prospects with bigger profiles like iggy for example. TC only had one year left on his contract and that made a big part of the reason why cuban traded for him. mavs will finish top 4 in the regular season and i won't set them a ceiling for the post season, they got so many x-factors and if they all perform like stevenson/JJB/Findog on the 11' campaign, winning the championship won't be an impossibility imho

lefty
10-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Very intriguing roster

The Gemini Method
10-05-2012, 06:22 PM
This team will be highly competitive and may be in the middle of the playoff race. I mean, any team with a Dirk on it should be competitive and with a full camp they might be vying for Southwest Division supremacy. They'll probably miss the potency of Jason Terry's off-the-bench play but the additons of Collison and Gay show that they will not be a team to take lightly. I say they end up around the 4th or 5th seed and probably a 2nd round exit.

Latarian Milton
10-06-2012, 12:35 AM
^ they got that nigga named mayo from memphis, not gay nor anyone who's gay (jefferson for example)

Jacob1983
10-06-2012, 11:20 PM
Some Mavs bandwagon fans may be gone but at the end of the day, the Mavs still own a Larry O'Brien trophy and a championship banner at the AAC. That shit can never be taken away again.

irishock
10-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Some Mavs bandwagon fans may be gone but at the end of the day, the Mavs still own a Larry O'Brien trophy and a championship banner at the AAC. That shit can never be taken away again.

http://www.cadenhead.org/workbench/gems/dallas-mavericks-nba-champs-2006.jpg

lefty
10-07-2012, 12:18 AM
:lol

Jacob1983
10-07-2012, 12:54 AM
I was paraphrasing what Dirk said after game 6 of the 2011 Finals. He basically implied that the championship was taken away from them in 2006.

AussieFanKurt
10-07-2012, 01:00 AM
I was paraphrasing what Dirk said after game 6 of the 2011 Finals. He basically implied that the championship was taken away from them in 2006.

It was

Latarian Milton
10-07-2012, 04:37 AM
athough mavs might get robbed in 06, they already got compensated 5 years later with a championship at the expense of ours imho. your fooling yourself if you think the 11' mavs were really that good to steal the NBA title from our big 3 w/o the refs whistling in their favor tbh

irishock
10-07-2012, 11:12 AM
athough mavs might get robbed in 06, they already got compensated 5 years later with a championship at the expense of ours imho. your fooling yourself if you think the 11' mavs were really that good to steal the NBA title from our big 3 w/o the refs whistling in their favor tbh

Except for game 6's FT differential (refs wanted gm7), yeah. Dirk was on a FT parade and Chandler pushed off guys throughout the series. I won't be surprised if the league did in fact want the Mavs to win the series. First a big reason for the upcoming lockout was LBJ joining the Heat, and the Big 3 chasing the title would draw better than the Big 3 already starting their dynasty.

Jodelo
10-07-2012, 11:18 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Jacob1983
10-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Dirk carried the Mavs in games 2, 3, 4, and 5. He did his part and JET saved the Mavs in games 5 and 6. Thank you. Don't give me any of this "the refs gave the Mavs a championship" bullshit especially when you're a Heat fan. I have no sympathy for Heat fans.

Clipper Nation
10-08-2012, 12:16 AM
Truth.... King James rightfully deserves two rings, as well as the MVP that was stolen from him by the ACT cheat...

racm
10-08-2012, 01:53 AM
Truth.... King James rightfully deserves two rings, as well as the MVP that was stolen from him by the ACT cheat...

He had a chance to win one as a Cav, tbh... too bad he ran into the most balanced Spurs team of the Duncan era...

HeatChamps
10-08-2012, 02:28 AM
No doubt. And that's church yo.

D12
10-08-2012, 02:34 AM
:lol Heat fans bitching about rigged games as a means to makes excuses for Lebron James and his live castration during the 11 Finals.

HeatChamps
10-08-2012, 02:36 AM
:lol Heat fans bitching about rigged games as a means to makes excuses for Lebron James and his live castration during the 11 Finals.
:nope