PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Waive Sherron Collins

Man Mountain
10-05-2012, 02:01 PM
He didn't even make it to the first preseason game :wow:wow

Dex
10-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Not a huge surprise, I guess. Spurs are overstocked with guards, there was no way he was going to make the roster.

Kinda weird that he didnt even get to see one preseason game, but maybe they are setting him free to try to get in with another team.

Or maybe he was just really, really horrible in camp. :lol

Darkwaters
10-05-2012, 02:59 PM
My guess would be that he saw just how totally stacked we are at PG. The reality is that even if he was around for those preseason games, he'd be hard pressed to get any minutes as we have plenty of guys at that position with lots to prove.

I imagine hes trying to latch on somewhere else as we speak. Any chance we can replace him with, well, anyone competent?

timvp
10-05-2012, 03:03 PM
Not sure how the D-League rules work this year but the plan all along with Collins could have simply been to make him eligible for the Toros. That would explain why he was waived so quickly.

Either that or the Spurs wanted to save money on the post-game buffet.

Bruno
10-05-2012, 03:12 PM
He was out of shape to say the least.

Waiving him that soon could allow Spurs to sign another player for the training camp. Spurs are also avoiding to have to pay him in case of an injury with that move.

elemento
10-05-2012, 03:50 PM
He was totaly out of shape ! Won't be missed at all

racm
10-05-2012, 07:45 PM
He's a guard who makes Eddy Curry look very much in shape...

ChuckD
10-06-2012, 10:37 AM
Not sure how the D-League rules work this year but the plan all along with Collins could have simply been to make him eligible for the Toros. That would explain why he was waived so quickly.

That's exactly what I thought when the cut was announced. Seems to me they've done that before.

Gagnrath
10-06-2012, 11:41 AM
If saving money on buffets was a concern you don't consider having Blair, Curry, and Diaw in the same city let alone the same buffet line.

Solid D
10-06-2012, 10:12 PM

Remember that training camp when Pop cut Igor Rakocevic right after the first few windsprints? :) Well, it sort of seemed like that, anyway.