PDA

View Full Version : it's no coincidence that both Argentina & Spurs...

TMSKILZ
06-26-2005, 12:11 PM
Won the title with Manu on the team leading the charge & way.

If people want to continue to doubt that this guy is not only an elite/superstar gaurd in the NBA & International play, then take a look @ his resume/winning record & trophies.

It's amazing how people keep trying to take away manu's STAR, yet they're quick to label DWade, TMAC, SFrancis Superstars/Elite players.

Race has a lot to do with it, sadly. If Manu were Blk or Blk latino, no one would question it, but since he's not Hip Hop/Baller/Street, then they refuse to.

Oh well, it's their loss & our gain!

AI-square
06-26-2005, 01:24 PM
I have no doubt that Manu is a star. He's one of the reasons why I'm here in the first place. I may be a Philly supporter but I was inspired by Manu's magic, so much so that I virtually supported the Spurs to win the LOB once the Sixers got eliminated by Detroit.

Phenomanul
06-28-2005, 12:39 PM
This is what Sean Elliot was reffering to....

TMSKILZ
06-28-2005, 12:46 PM
Sean has backing on this. I'm a Latino-American, but due to my height (6'4") & very lite complexion, people always mistake me for White, italian, no biggie to me.

But let's be real, when i go to my local BBall courts to play some hoops, it's majority Blk & Latino peeps playing, once they see me or someone who resembles a White person, they automatically prejudge, thinking he can't ball.

Samething goes on in the NBA to an extent. But players like peja, Dirk, Gasol & Manu have shown otherwise.