PDA

View Full Version : Summer League

David@SLCC
06-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Rocky Mountain Revue (http://www.nba.com/jazz/Revue/rmrfield_062305.html)

It looks like the Spurs will be participating in this year's RMR. Does anyone know what their roster will look like? Also, who will be coaching them?

Kori or timvp,
Will you guys be coming to town this year? If so, please know that I will be more than happy to provide you with FREE high-speed internet so you can do your courtside coverage.

Kori Ellis
06-26-2005, 02:34 PM
They haven't announced their roster or coaching staff, but I know that they were having some guys work out from them here this weekend.

timvp and I haven't decided if we are coming yet. We want to go to the Reebok Summer League in Vegas too -- but the Spurs aren't playing in that one. We'll decided within the next week or so. Thanks again for all your help last year -- we'll let you know.

missmyzte
06-26-2005, 02:36 PM
Any word if the Spurs will be in the Summer Pro League in Long Beach again?

Kori Ellis
06-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Misti, so far they aren't on the list of teams for Long Beach. I heard they might be only doing Rocky Mt. Revue this year.

missmyzte
06-26-2005, 02:37 PM
That sucks! I loved going to all the games last year.

Kori Ellis
06-26-2005, 02:38 PM
That sucks! I loved going to all the games last year.

They still might join. I think there's only five teams signed up for Long Beach so far.

Lakers, Grizzlies, Mavs, Raptors and Heat.

T Park
06-26-2005, 02:41 PM
ahhh man

COME ON SPURS DO LONG BEACH AGAIN DAMNT!!!!!

Kori Ellis
06-26-2005, 07:03 PM
I wonder which Spurs are going to be on the league team. I'd say Beno and Linton. I wonder if they could get Scola or any of their other foreign properties over here for summer league.

spurschick
06-26-2005, 07:04 PM
I wonder which Spurs are going to be on the league team. I'd say Beno and Linton. I wonder if they could get Scola or any of their other foreign properties over here for summer league.

Is Scola playing for the national team this year? I don't remember.

kolko
06-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Is Scola playing for the national team this year? I don't remember.

No. There will be a lot of young players in the argentinian national team because the team is already qualified for the next world championship because of the gold medal.

NZHayden
06-26-2005, 09:10 PM
marks is bound to go to a summer league this year?

xcoriate
06-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Marks is a vet. I doubt he'd do it. Plus there was that article about a week ago in which he stated he was having serioues thoughts about his career erc. He might not be back next year even if the Spurs want him.

midgetonadonkey
06-26-2005, 09:26 PM
Beno should be there for sure. I think Devin Brown should be there just to work on his game a bit, he missed a lot of time this season.

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 01:23 AM
Does anyone know anything about Chauncey Billups' brother? He's going to be playing for Detroit's summer league team. I heard he's a little small (5'11) but is he good?

mattyc
06-27-2005, 04:53 AM
In a b-ball starved off-season, I love any coverage I can get!

T Park
06-27-2005, 04:56 AM
Bump, Im praying the Spurs go back to the LBC, I had an absolute blast watching the Spurs with Devin and Romain Sato and Pietrus's brother playing.

Hopefully the Spurs go this year with Beno, Devin, maybe their draft pick from this year, Sanikidze.... lol, I could dream right?!?!?!?!

TDMVPDPOY
06-27-2005, 05:35 AM
Wattabout that kid livin at RC bufords joint, is he eligible to join the tournament?

BigDaddyMatty
06-27-2005, 05:43 AM
Does anyone know anything about Chauncey Billups' brother? He's going to be playing for Detroit's summer league team. I heard he's a little small (5'11) but is he good?
I lived in Denver for a while a few years ago, and saw him play once. Pretty quick dude with good handle. Didn't look like he had a great shot, but he was a tough guy. Was in the middle of a lot of banging. I only saw him once so i could be wrong on all counts.