PDA

View Full Version : No Long Win streaks 2012-2013

Embedded
10-08-2012, 10:26 AM
I look for Coach Popovich to squash long win streaks this year. I will forever be convinced that our devestating elimination in last year's conference finals was due to our incredible win streak carried so far through the playoffs that we didn't remember how to take a loss and make adjustments. Especially with the younger guys, it seemed to shatter confidence at the worst possible time.

So I enter this season oddly not looking for wins as much as looking at our adjustments after losses. I think we were really, really close last year, healthwise and everything, although I think that Miami might have beaten us in The Finals if we had swept OKC for the same lack of mental toughness. Miami was used to coming back after losses.

Can you imagine Manu and Nando de Colo in the game at the same time, with their slick passes?

spurraider21
10-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Try to win every. Damn. Game.

Juggity
10-08-2012, 12:00 PM
There's no way the spurs would be willing to sacrifice HCA for the mythical benefits of an "adjustment to loss."

Winning is better than losing. Period.

spurs1990
10-08-2012, 12:01 PM
I hope they lose 67 games in the regular season. Thatwise, the team will be hungry for wins come playoff time.

Plus they'll be the only team in history to win more games in the postseason (16) than in the regular season (15)!

I know it's far fetched because who knows if the Spurs are even capable of winning the championship.

Anyway just wanted to add my 2 pennies.

Axegrinder
10-08-2012, 12:01 PM
I don't see the Spurs losing a game on purpose so they can end a winning that they might be on.
Ya, doubtful

NickiRasgo
10-08-2012, 12:21 PM
I remembered last season, Spurs was like 12-9 that time and some/half poster or "Spurs fan" here was bashing Pop, players, team, etc. And after that, most of us thought they will end at 6th to 8th seed but then they surprised us and finishing the league with 50-16 record from 12-9. I didn't expected that they will end with that record considering there's a lot of injuries incurred. I think the bottomline is, just enjoy the season, support the team and expect less.

racm
10-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Finishing with the best RS record with Manu out half the year and Pop sitting TD/TP at times meant the Spurs were really good last season.

Who knows what will happen with a full year of Jax/Diaw/Mills, a full training camp, and Manu hopefully not missing half the season?

timvp
10-10-2012, 02:33 AM
http://dailyelements.com/popserious.jpg

patricknapier
10-10-2012, 02:59 AM
So if it's a no to long winning streaks,,,then does that mean its a yes to long losing streaks

wtf kind of logic is the op running with here?

Fireball
10-10-2012, 05:50 AM
Never try to lose games ... the great god of competetivness will not reward you ...

Seventyniner
10-10-2012, 07:07 AM
Pop: "Alright guys, we've won 9 in a row, time to pack it in. Tim, Tony, Manu, you're sitting out tonight. DeJuan, Matt, you're starting....in the backcourt."