PDA

View Full Version : Do you talk to your neighbors?

Maggie Gyllenhaal
10-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Is that becoming taboo?

Latarian Milton
10-08-2012, 10:50 AM
miss the old days when neighbors were like your family members. nowadays you don't even talk to your neighbors except when you have a quarrel with them over trivial issues

Destro
10-08-2012, 11:47 AM
try making the first friendly gesture. you might be surprised

Blake
10-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Hell no.

mrsmaalox
10-08-2012, 12:26 PM
The neighbors on our block were very close for several years----lots of social activities, kids sports, open door policy at every house. It was great until 2 of the moms fell in love and messed everything up with their drama :wow Now I'm really the only one who still speaks to anyone.

benefactor
10-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Just the ones across the street. Nice people. They always pick up my mail and keep an eye on my house when I am out of town. Pretty sure the husband loves his yard more than he loves his family though.

DisAsTerBot
10-08-2012, 01:16 PM
yep all of them, i love living in a cul-de-sac

cantthinkofanything
10-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Usually, I'll wave and fart at them if I see them outside when I'm getting mail or playing Dragon Ball Z.

Blake
10-08-2012, 02:19 PM
The neighbors on our block were very close for several years----lots of social activities, kids sports, open door policy at every house. It was great until 2 of the moms fell in love and messed everything up with their drama :wow Now I'm really the only one who still speaks to anyone.

And there it is. It takes very little for neighbors to go from friend to foe. And the foe part can get ugly real quick.

Much better to be neutral and talk only out of necessity imo.

Reck
10-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Not really. Its hard to do that when everyone goes straight to their apartment and shuts their doors.

I dont even know who lives next to me let alone talk to them. lol

bus driver
10-08-2012, 03:06 PM
hell ya, most of the women neighbors are hot. one of my neighbor's daughter has like 2 kids and is hot as fuck.
so i am always watering the lawn.

JudynTX
10-08-2012, 03:09 PM
hell ya, most of the women neighbors are hot. one of my neighbor's daughter has like 2 kids and is hot as fuck.

With your hose? :D

cantthinkofanything
10-08-2012, 03:10 PM

gross. never understood the appeal of that fetish.

DarkReign
10-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Yup, even the barely intelligible Albanian immigrants next door. Talk to 6-7 different families on the street.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-08-2012, 04:22 PM
I know a few of my neighbors and it's mostly because they're always outside. One guy next door to me takes care of his car better than most people take care of their own family members. Just about any time I get home or have to step out I go past him wiping it down or vaccuuming or something. Pretty nice guy and as long as you don't take the conversation towards cars there's nothing too annoying about him.

There's two more I know because they have dogs that I'll let mine play with from time to time. There's a redneck guy across from us who is eternally wearing some kind of camo garment. Not sure what he does for a living and he always seems to be stoned to some degree. Then there's a gay guy whose house we almost bought when we started looking at homes in the area we settled on. He's like a gay Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs. Pretty entertaining, but gossips about everyone when they aren't around so I'm sure he talks shit about me too. Also, kinda racist.

cantthinkofanything
10-08-2012, 04:25 PM
I know a few of my neighbors and it's mostly because they're always outside. One guy next door to me takes care of his car better than most people take care of their own family members. Just about any time I get home or have to step out I go past him wiping it down or vaccuuming or something. Pretty nice guy and as long as you don't take the conversation towards cars there's nothing too annoying about him.

There's two more I know because they have dogs that I'll let mine play with from time to time. There's a redneck guy across from us who is eternally wearing some kind of camo garment. Not sure what he does for a living and he always seems to be stoned to some degree. Then there's a gay guy whose house we almost bought when we started looking at homes in the area we settled on. He's like a gay Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs. Pretty entertaining, but gossips about everyone when they aren't around so I'm sure he talks shit about me too. Also, kinda racist.

Gross. I bet you're glad you didn't move into THAT house.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Actually to this day we're saddened that things didn't work out. We were ready and willing to give the full asking price for it but he decided not to move and took it off the market. He worked as an interior designer so he'd put plenty of improvements into the place. The one we went with was a few grand cheaper but needed some work.

Smart Ass
10-08-2012, 04:52 PM
My neighbors remind me of State Farm Insurance.

timvp
10-08-2012, 04:58 PM
I've never seen our neighbors. Although one old man who lives on our street asked me if I was in a gang.

DD
10-08-2012, 05:39 PM
I've never seen our neighbors. Although one old man who lives on our street asked me if I was in a gang.

rofl...you live next to Walt Kowalski?

ploto
10-08-2012, 06:09 PM
I talk to my neighbors on both sides. On one side is a man old enough to be my dad who is always looking out for me.

Blake
10-08-2012, 06:22 PM
On one side is a man old enough to be my dad who is always looking out for me.

he's waiting for the right opportunity to drop trousers, imo

CubanMustGo
10-08-2012, 06:36 PM
Good folks all around us. We help out with yards whenever someone goes away for a couple of weeks, keep an eye out for odd occurrences, get together with the rest of the folks on the block a couple of times each year.

DMC
10-08-2012, 10:36 PM
miss the old days when neighbors were like your family members. nowadays you don't even talk to your neighbors except when you have a quarrel with them over trivial issues

Weren't you raised in a 1 room shotgun house with 60 of your relatives living with you, the same relatives that shared that 15' aluminum boat you rode here from China?

DMC
10-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Neighbor on my right is a tank commander at Ft Hood, neighbor on the left is a retired drill sgt (huge black dude). Across the street is a nice old lady and she visits with us and her kids do was well. I know everyone on my street, both sides.

lefty
10-09-2012, 12:58 AM
I fuck their wives

Then I talk to them

Latarian Milton
10-09-2012, 01:24 AM
Weren't you raised in a 1 room shotgun house with 60 of your relatives living with you, the same relatives that shared that 15' aluminum boat you rode here from China?
we literally swam here from china tbh, we didn't use no boat actually

Avante
10-09-2012, 01:55 AM
Sure, we all have trees on the others property. The kid right next door is a good buddy of my son, both just walk in each others house. Not unlike Fonzie did.

AussieFanKurt
Yeah we do but I think I'm in the minority, only one mate talks to his

Avante
We all have lemons apricots and oranges. thanks to everyone involved.

Avante
10-09-2012, 01:57 AM
I fuck their wives

Then I talk to them

What's with all these little kids here?

AussieFanKurt
10-09-2012, 02:07 AM

Sometimes its okay to have a bit of a joke. The internet should rarely be taken so seriously

desflood
10-09-2012, 08:04 AM
We've got a pretty friendly neighborhood. We know many of the neighbors by (first) name and we definitely know all of their kids. Not at all like the last neighborhood, where we lived for two years and never even met a neighbor until one sued us because our dog got out of the yard.

Summers
10-09-2012, 09:16 AM
I like knowing the neighbors. Makes home feel more like home. Our part of town is a lot of rental houses, so whenever someone new moves in immediately next door I make a pound cake and introduce myself. I don't necessarily want to hang out with them, especially the pervy old man 2 houses down who only comes around when RG's not home and subtly gropes me.

gameFACE
10-09-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm on a small street with nine houses total. I talk to the guy in front, the lady next door and a couple a few houses down who are always outside. Everyone else I'll wave to. There are about three houses where I rarely see anyone, though. Mostly, my wife and I are the youngest ones on the street. Everyone else is "senior".:lol It's a mid to late 70's neighborhood.

I had to tell the guy across the street to take me off his right wing propoganda email list. Some Mike Huckabee shit. I think he was a little taken by that at first but we're cool. He's a funny guy.

lefty
10-09-2012, 03:36 PM

No, no it's true

Richard Cranium
10-09-2012, 03:49 PM
I only talked to this dude.
http://www.snappynewday.com/wp-content/gallery/Rogers/mrrogers_image.gif

DMC
10-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Sure, we all have trees on the others property. The kid right next door is a good buddy of my son, both just walk in each others house. Not unlike Fonzie did. :lmao:lmao

Avonzi

Fonzi... what a faggot

JoeChalupa
10-09-2012, 05:14 PM
I am familiar with most of them and only the lady next door won't speak to me since I woke her up by mowing the lawn at 830am.

Fonzie
10-09-2012, 05:19 PM
:lmao:lmao

Avonzi

Fonzi... what a faggot

:flipoff

Larry Dallas
10-09-2012, 05:24 PM
I wanted to bang my neighbors but that damn Jack would always cock block.

DMC
10-09-2012, 08:24 PM
The Mouse trolls are horribly unfunny.

phxspurfan
10-09-2012, 09:10 PM
I moved in to this neighborhood and found the neighbor across the street's piece of mail in my box. So I walked it across the street and rang the bell. I heard people inside so I just stood there, mail in hand, and rang the bell again. The wife came to the door and told me to go away, saying she didn't want to buy anything. I said I'm not a salesman, I'm your neighbor. She then proceeded to get upset at me for bothering her before her husband came home, as I was apparently not being sensitive to the fact that she's a lady at home alone with her kids with her husband not home (all things I didn't know). Then I said fine, here's your mail, and tossed the piece of mail down on this stand next to her door and started back to my house. At this point, she decides to give me a piece of her mind as apparently I threw the mail down with an attitude (which I probably did lol), so she storms out of her house after me. I said I'm your neighbor, and I've lived here for a few months already. I was just delivering your mail since they delivered it to the wrong address. She said fine! Welcome to the neighborhood! And stormed back into her house and shut the door.

lol.

z0sa
10-09-2012, 10:15 PM
I know my immediate neighbors on either side and across the street . . .and that's where it ends. I know there's a cop who lives about 6-7 houses down. Ummm pretty much the extent of neighborly knowledge.

sonnytris
10-10-2012, 11:27 AM
No but i do have a 70 year old neighbor who loves to walk outside with no shirt or shoes ? Looks bad when their are younger kids playing but nobody had said anything to him ? wonder if their is a law with him doing this in front of kids?

cantthinkofanything
10-10-2012, 11:29 AM
No but i do have a 70 year old neighbor who loves to walk outside with no shirt or shoes ? Looks bad when their are younger kids playing but nobody had said anything to him ? wonder if their is a law with him doing this in front of kids?

does he have man boobs?

sonnytris
10-11-2012, 05:11 PM
They're almost there but does it make a difference ...............??????????????????????

cantthinkofanything
10-11-2012, 05:20 PM
They're almost there but does it make a difference ...............??????????????????????

IDK. If he wore a bra, would you still have issues with him?