PDA

View Full Version : And the best division in the NFL is....

tlongII
10-08-2012, 11:47 AM
The NFC West. Bet nobody saw this coming...

whitemamba
10-08-2012, 12:24 PM
yeah..

mojorizen7
10-08-2012, 01:30 PM
NFL Defensive rankings

by yards allowed:
Seattle 1st
SF 2nd
AZ 11th
St Lou 14th

by points allowed:
SF 1st
Seattle 3rd
AZ 5th
St Lou 9th

pawe
10-08-2012, 01:44 PM
I listen to sports talk everyday and I've heard from a lot of talking heads even before the pre season started that the division that will make a lot of noise is the NFC West. I mean the Niners went 13-3. Cards won 7 of their last 9. Seattle getting Pete Carroll's system and the Rams are well...at least their schedule wont be as difficult as last year's.

Question is: Can they sustain it? The feeling out process for the NFL is weeks 1-4 and the only team that has a set identity is the Niners with their defense and running the ball.

Avante
10-08-2012, 02:18 PM
The NFC West is doing what they are without one stud QB. Weird!

symple19
10-08-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm incredibly surprised. Some very good defense being played. Don't like the offenses a whole lot and I don't really see a SB champion in the conference

DD
10-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Only the 49ers will make the playoffs

mojorizen7
10-08-2012, 04:19 PM

Go out on a limb much?
Probably so but...
Just remember that SF has yet to play a division rival this season. I'm not convinced that their offense has been challenged thusfar by a legit defense. AZ,Seattle and St Lou are all legit defenses early in the season.

Looking forward to the 49ers getting into divisional play.

DPG21920
10-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Seattle is wayyy over-rated. Can't see them doing anything serious. Cards look like frauds IMO, but they are better than Seattle. Only team that looks legit is San Fran.

pawe
10-08-2012, 06:38 PM

You're forgetting the Rams have Greg the Leg.

DPG21920
10-08-2012, 06:59 PM
Legatron!

Pelicans78
10-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Go out on a limb much?
Probably so but...
Just remember that SF has yet to play a division rival this season. I'm not convinced that their offense has been challenged thusfar by a legit defense. AZ,Seattle and St Lou are all legit defenses early in the season.

They got challenged by a very good Vikings defense and didn't fare so well.

mojorizen7
10-08-2012, 08:42 PM
They got challenged by a very good Vikings defense and didn't fare so well.

Indeed. That 49ers loss seemed to springboard the Vikings too.
I just think that SF will find it more difficult than many think in terms of handling the other NFC West defenses. They're clearly the class of the division but they aren't going to just walk all over the competition IMO.

AZ is in ALOT of trouble with Ryan Williams done for the year(Wells is already out)....and struggling to pass protect.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-08-2012, 10:26 PM
AZ tanking the rest of the year so Whiz and Graves finally lose their job would be the best thing possible for them. They're probably gonna waste another 1st or 2nd rounder on a running back this year because they're too stupid to realize you don't keep drafting players at such an injury prone position. At this point their line is just as much of a problem as their QB situation.

Pelicans78
10-08-2012, 10:46 PM
AZ tanking the rest of the year so Whiz and Graves finally lose their job would be the best thing possible for them. They're probably gonna waste another 1st or 2nd rounder on a running back this year because they're too stupid to realize you don't keep drafting players at such an injury prone position. At this point their line is just as much of a problem as their QB situation.

Not as bad as trading a first round pick to draft a RB. Especially a bum like Ingram.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Eh, using a 1st on Beanie Wells isn't that much less stupid than using a 1st on Ingram. Beanie Wells is obv better when healthy but....yeah....lol when healthy. Using a 1st AND 2nd rounder on a platoon that can't stay healthy is definitely worse than the 1st New Orleans used on Ingram.

Still have no idea why teams use 1st and 2nd round picks on running backs.

DD
10-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Go out on a limb much?
Probably so but...

Don't get me wrong, all 3 are great D's that can easily fuck up Alex Smith, but I just have no faith in any of their offenses.

Pelicans78
10-08-2012, 11:45 PM
Eh, using a 1st on Beanie Wells isn't that much less stupid than using a 1st on Ingram. Beanie Wells is obv better when healthy but....yeah....lol when healthy. Using a 1st AND 2nd rounder on a platoon that can't stay healthy is definitely worse than the 1st New Orleans used on Ingram.

Still have no idea why teams use 1st and 2nd round picks on running backs.

I know why the Saints did it. They overreacted to the massive amount of injuries the year before when Pierre and Ivory missed the playoff loss at Seattle. Bush got hurt that same game as well, plus they were gonna let him go. Still, it was stupid drafting a power back in the first round when they're a pass first team and they found Pierre and Ivory undrafted who were better than the RBs they drafted in the first (Bush and Ingram).

pawe
10-08-2012, 11:47 PM
AZ is in ALOT of trouble with Ryan Williams done for the year(Wells is already out)....and struggling to pass protect.

LSH cant get healthy too so all RBs are now injured. Well, Cards doesn't have a running game anyway...and they don't have a passing game neither. lol

Or the retards from AZ will just overpay for Steven Jackson.
I say overhaul the Oline with high darft picks so they can run block for the any serviceable RB the Cards can get.