PDA

View Full Version : Latest Electoral Scoreboard

InRareForm
10-08-2012, 02:55 PM
http://www.economist.com/blogs/graphicdetail/2012/10/us-election-2012?fsrc=scn/tw/te/bl/statesofplayoct8

boutons_deux
10-08-2012, 03:34 PM
http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/author/nate-silver/

Nbadan
10-09-2012, 12:54 AM
Economist :lol

FuzzyLumpkins
10-09-2012, 02:53 AM
Economist :lol

The Economist is one of the better journals out there. Plus it's British. Where do you propose is a better place to get news from?

Clipper Nation
10-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Sons, just a product of the media's manufactured drama to get people to keep watching these lame-ass "debates," tbh....

boutons_deux
10-09-2012, 08:18 AM
The change represents a continuation of the recent trend: Mr. Romney’s chances were down to just 13.9 percent immediately in advance of last week’s debate in Denver. He has nearly doubled his chances since then.

But the gains that he made on Monday in particular were all because of a single poll.

We’ll talk about that poll — a Pew Research poll (http://www.people-press.org/files/legacy-pdf/10-8-12%20Political%20Release.pdf) that gave Mr. Romney a 4-point lead among likely voters — in a moment. But let’s first consider the day’s worth of polling without it, which was pretty mixed for Mr. Romney.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/09/oct-8-a-great-poll-for-romney-in-perspective/?hp

I expect Biden won't take any shit from Ryan, and Ryan will be lying and "not having time to show you the math" of his enrich the 1%/fuck the 99% budget plans.

jack sommerset
10-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Mitts making his run at obama. It's game time. Mitts battling "repugs are stupid". His strong, intelligent and wanting it more than Obama performance helped put that silly campaign ploy back a bit. Obama is officially battling his 4 years of poor job performance. Thats a big reason he lost debate. The next debate will be more of the same. Obama can't run or hide from it. Romney won't let him. The only hope Obama has at not looking silly next debate is moderators taking total control. It's sort of funny that Obama spoke more ate the first debate cuz it didn't feel like it. God bless

TeyshaBlue
10-09-2012, 09:34 AM
The Economist is one of the better journals out there. Plus it's British. Where do you propose is a better place to get news from?

alternet.borg

boutons_deux
10-09-2012, 09:49 AM
alternet.borg

TB :lol

Nate Silver writes for NYT, not TP.

TeyshaBlue
10-09-2012, 10:10 AM
Never claimed otherwise, bot. http://homerecording.com/bbs/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

FuzzyLumpkins
10-09-2012, 10:57 AM
This is an aside but the Economist typically doesn't include the names of the author of the piece. It's all from "the Economist." The intent is to get away from the cult of personality that you see in news. All too often something is evaluated by whether or not someone like Jerry Carrville or Bill O'Reilly reported it.

And that "one poll" was Pew Research.

I am comfortable with a Romeny win. More trickle down will break our economy's back and it's going to take some serious shit to enact any change.

boutons_deux
10-09-2012, 11:10 AM
"it's going to take some serious shit to enact any change."

but the shit will hit only the 99%, aka, "shared sacrifice" :lol

FuzzyLumpkins
10-09-2012, 11:20 AM
"it's going to take some serious shit to enact any change."

but the shit will hit only the 99%, aka, "shared sacrifice" :lol

The point is that the majority of America is quiescent in regards to our political system.

boutons_deux
10-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Latest Gallup poll: Obama regains 5-point lead over Romney

President Barack Obama has regained his top position over Mitt Romney in Gallup's daily tracking poll, after the GOP presidential nominee's initial post debate sugar high surge.

The new data is welcome news for Obama, who just Monday morning was even with Romney (47% to 47%) in three days of post-debate polling released by the same organization. In the three days leading up to the candidates’ first debate, Obama was ahead by 5 points, 50% to 45%.

The economic news released Friday, showing the unemployment rate dipping to 7.8%, appears to have helped Obama, USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/story/onpolitics/2012/10/08/romney-obama-debate-poll-shift-gallup/1619677/) reported.

"Romney definitely improved in Friday and Saturday polling among registered voters, but Obama did better Saturday and Sunday nights," says Jeffrey Jones of Gallup.

In polling conducted for two nights after the Denver debate on Oct. 3, Romney was able to pull even with Obama among registered voters. But Obama did better over the weekend, after the jobless rate dipped below 8% for the first time since January 2009, USA Today says.

The 7-day average suggests that Romney’s post-debate bounce is dissipating — though as one observer cautions, Gallup is polling registered, not likely, voters.
Obama’s outlook for reelection has changed little since this morning on Intrade (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrade), with his chances at about 65%.

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/334448#ixzz28ow0OsHz

jack sommerset
10-09-2012, 11:48 AM
Daily Swing State Tracking Poll Swing State Tracking: Romney 49%, Obama 47%

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_swing_state_tracking_poll

God bless

boutons_deux
10-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Daily Swing State Tracking Poll Swing State Tracking: Romney 49%, Obama 47%

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_swing_state_tracking_poll

God bless

rasmussen :lol guaranteed a landslide for McLiar/Pitbull bitch a few weeks before the election. :lol

Winehole23
10-09-2012, 12:21 PM
this kind of movement in the polls after one debate is unprecedented.

wonder where all the folks are who, as recently as last week, were bellyaching about biased media organizations with their thumb on the scales.

boutons_deux
10-09-2012, 12:26 PM

and the blip movement is de-blipping, even with the media hyping the blip as if Gecko already won the election.

jack sommerset
10-09-2012, 12:28 PM
rasmussen :lol guaranteed a landslide for McLiar/Pitbull bitch a few weeks before the election. :lol

That's great to know, brother. Brother, off the subject. Are you going to watch a man break the sound barrier today. It's something I think you would enjoy watching. Very exciting. Here is the live stream link. God bless

http://www.crankandpiston.com/lifestyle/watch-a-man-break-the-sound-barrier-straight-down-red-bull-stratos/

boutons_deux
10-09-2012, 12:45 PM
That's great to know, brother. Brother, off the subject. Are you going to watch a man break the sound barrier today. It's something I think you would enjoy watching. Very exciting. Here is the live stream link. God bless

http://www.crankandpiston.com/lifestyle/watch-a-man-break-the-sound-barrier-straight-down-red-bull-stratos/

interesting stunt, as bread and circuses, a fool and his money (and life) are soon departed.

jack sommerset
10-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Brother, it looks like they aborted the mission. Darn it. God bless

jack sommerset
10-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Boutons, I saw on CNN about 30 minutes ago Gallup had Romney up by 2 points. I wonder why they said that? God bless

CosmicCowboy
10-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Blue team disses rasmussin but he has romney up by two in 11 swing states.

Winehole23
10-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Red team suddenly has confidence in the polls now that they disclose momentum for Romney.

boutons_deux
10-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Blue team disses rasmussin but he has romney up by two in 11 swing states.

just another reason to dismiss Rasmussen as Repug in-house polling outfit.

CosmicCowboy
10-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Red team suddenly has confidence in the polls now that they disclose momentum for Romney.

you are such an asshole. I'm not even voting for Romney.

and, a lot can happen in 4 weeks.

I'm expecting "dead bin laden" pictures to leak the week before the election.

jack sommerset
10-09-2012, 03:38 PM

Do you actually believe yourself with that statement cuz I don't. God bless

jack sommerset
10-09-2012, 03:42 PM
you are such an asshole. I'm not even voting for Romney.

and, a lot can happen in 4 weeks.

I'm expecting "dead bin laden" pictures to leak the week before the election.

Winehole made a ridiculous statement. Obamas support has dwindle down for 4 straight years right along with congresses. The repugs killed it last election because of that fact. If anything, Obama has showed a few encouraging polls the last couple of months and the blue team felt confindent this thing was in the bag. A lot will happen over the next 4 weeks. God bless

Homeland Security
10-09-2012, 05:24 PM

wonder where all the folks are who, as recently as last week, were bellyaching about biased media organizations with their thumb on the scales.
If this movement were real, it would be unprecedented. But it isn't real. It's a combination of a slight bounce towards Romney and the media freaking out and taking their thumbs off the scale two weeks earlier than they would have liked. The debate provided a convenient excuse to do so, certianly better than trying to throw out a "reason" for a sudden six-point shift closer to the election.

The numbers right now are more or less real. Once the Romney bounce wears off, it'll be back to Obama +2.

Nbadan
10-09-2012, 06:43 PM
If this movement were real, it would be unprecedented. But it isn't real. It's a combination of a slight bounce towards Romney and the media freaking out and taking their thumbs off the scale two weeks earlier than they would have liked. The debate provided a convenient excuse to do so, certianly better than trying to throw out a "reason" for a sudden six-point shift closer to the election.

The numbers right now are more or less real. Once the Romney bounce wears off, it'll be back to Obama +2.

Realistically, I think it's still Obama by 4-5 and in swing states forgetaboutit...

Obama is out-polling Romney in swing states.....Florida, Ohio,Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Colorado and Virginia...Ohio is not even close even with the Romney bounce.. ...I guess people like being lied too....the state has accurately picked winning presidential candidates in the last 12 elections.

jack sommerset
10-09-2012, 08:19 PM
CNN poll of polls show the red team up by a point. God bless

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/09/national-polls-indicate-dead-heat-in-obama-romney-battle/?hpt=hp_t2

jack sommerset
10-09-2012, 08:21 PM
And I absolutely believe turnout could be a potential problem for President Obama. People on the blue team are not that excited like they were 4 years ago. God bless

ElNono
10-09-2012, 08:35 PM
A lot will happen over the next 4 weeks.

Like what, jack? :lol

jack sommerset
10-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Like what, jack? :lol

We are talking about the polls, brother. Keep up. God bless

ploto
10-09-2012, 09:23 PM
National numbers mean nothing. Ask Al Gore.

boutons_deux
10-09-2012, 09:46 PM
I note the polls, with the exception of Nate Silver, are all popular vote, not electoral vote. I would love it if Gecko won by 1M votes, but Barry won the electoral college. Then the right wingers would switch from their 2000 position of defending the electoral college.

ElNono
10-10-2012, 12:16 AM
We are talking about the polls, brother. Keep up. God bless

So what will happen with the polls, brother? Ron bless

Winehole23
10-10-2012, 01:44 AM
@homeland insecurity:

lol the working the refs meme. I saw that bit in five places today.

you blow with the wind and rationalize afterwards. paint by numbers, tbh.

weak!

jack sommerset
10-10-2012, 07:03 AM
So what will happen with the polls, brother? Ron bless

Brother, lots. Keep up. Looks like a lot is going on in Ohio. Let's take a peek at them specifically in two weeks to see if lots more has happened. 4 weeks to go, brother. Exciting times! A lot is happening. We will use your favorite site as a marker for Ohio. God bless

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/09/ohio-poll_n_1952442.html?utm_hp_ref=elections-2012

George Gervin's Afro
10-10-2012, 07:49 AM
jack and his polls.. he promotes them when he likes them and ignores the one's he does not....bless his little hypocrytical heart..

juan guess

jack sommerset
10-10-2012, 08:44 AM
jack and his polls.. he promotes them when he likes them and ignores the one's he does not....bless his little hypocrytical heart..

juan guess

Brother, your first problem was identified many years ago. Hypocrisy. There is a thread pretty much devoted to you and you being a hypocrite. It's truly amazing you actually call other people this. Second problem is humility. You have none. 3rd, you simple make things up. It's all in your head that I ignore the polls. I just posted a link to your favorite site, huffington post that shows Obama is up by 5 points. Guess what? I believe that poll! It's in this thread. It's right above you. You don't even have to search for it. Brother, you're thoughtless. You repeat your same silliness over and over and over again. The time I spend with you is because I realize this is not a troll. You are real, brother. I pray for you and your family. God bless

George Gervin's Afro
10-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Brother, your first problem was identified many years ago. Hypocrisy. There is a thread pretty much devoted to you and you being a hypocrite. It's truly amazing you actually call other people this. Second problem is humility. You have none. 3rd, you simple make things up. It's all in your head that I ignore the polls. I just posted a link to your favorite site, huffington post that shows Obama is up by 5 points. Guess what? I believe that poll! It's in this thread. It's right above you. You don't even have to search for it. Brother, you're thoughtless. You repeat your same silliness over and over and over again. The time I spend with you is because I realize this is not a troll. You are real, brother. I pray for you and your family. God bless

Oh brother jack..the guy who hated obama because he was a liar..'the biggest in history' you whined... you then supported Palin and McCain..even though it was proven Sarah was a liar as well..you were against liars before you were for them! no need to make that up jack........ and please prove to me when I have even been a hypocrite.. bless your little (and I mean little) heart .. I remember what people say (for many years, a gift from my mother who never forgot a lie even years after the fact) and what I say primarily for people just like you ... you are the one who will complain about something publicly but support it privately.. you raise your family just the same.. you need to pray for those little hypocrites you are raising..

juan guess

jack sommerset
10-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Oh brother jack..the guy who hated obama because he was a liar..'the biggest in history' you whined... you then supported Palin and McCain..even though it was proven Sarah was a liar as well..you were against liars before you were for them! no need to make that up jack........ and please prove to me when I have even been a hypocrite.. bless your little (and I mean little) heart .. I remember what people say (for many years, a gift from my mother who never forgot a lie even years after the fact) and what I say primarily for people just like you ... you are the one who will complain about something publicly but support it privately.. you raise your family just the same.. you need to pray for those little hypocrites you are raising..

juan guess

The big picture is you need to grow up. I'll concentrate my prayers on that. God bless

George Gervin's Afro
10-10-2012, 09:33 AM
The big picture is you need to grow up. I'll concentrate my prayers on that. God bless

Big picture is you stop faking your a christian and admit that your postions change at the turn of the wind..

big mess

johnsmith
10-10-2012, 09:34 AM
Polls don't matter. Obama will win. I will be sad.

jack sommerset
10-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Big picture is you stop faking your a christian and admit that your postions change at the turn of the wind..

big mess

As usual, you have nothing to back up your claim. You simply make things up. God bless

George Gervin's Afro
10-10-2012, 09:58 AM
As usual, you have nothing to back up your claim. You simply make things up. God bless

lol..go to hell