PDA

View Full Version : The White Running Back

Avante
10-08-2012, 04:08 PM
The thing is we just don't see that big fast white runner with some agility. We either have a small darter like Danny Woodhead or an inside banger like Mile Alstott. We never seen that speedy, quick, agile, elusive white back with some size. I guess Patrick Hillis comes the closest.

I'm going to list all the teams and that teams best white running back or maybe a couple. I'm not going wayyyyyyyyy back there to Bronko and the Galloping Ghost. I'll start in the 50's.

***Hall of Fame
@ 1000 yard rusher

NFC

Niners...Ken Willard, Paul Hofer, Hugh "The King" McElhenny***
Rams...John Capelletti, "Jaguar" Jon Arnet
Seahawks...David Hughes
Cards....John David Crow@ Jim Otis@
Packers...Jim Taylor***/@ Paul Hornung*** Donny Anderson, Travis Jervey
Vikings...Bill Brown, Tommy Mason
Bears...Rick Casares@, Joe Marconi, Ronnie Bull, Brian Piccolo...actually led the nation in rushing while at Wake Forest.
Lions...Nick Pietrasonte, Joe Don Looney
Cowboys...Walt Garrison, Dan Reeves
Eagles...Tom Woodeschick
Giants...Alex Webster, Frank Gifford***, Tucker Fredrikson, Rob Carpenter
Redskins...Don Bosseler, John Riggins***/@
Saints...hmmm?
Falcons...hmmm?
Buc's...Mike Alstott
Panthers...none?

AFC

Raiders...Mark Van Eeghan@, Marv Hubbard @ Pete Banasak
Broncos...Jon Keyworh, Rob Lytle
Chargers..Dickie Post, Keith Lincoln (only footballer to score...FG, PAT, throw a TD pass, rush, receive, KO return, punt return)
Chiefs...Bert Coan, Ed Podolak
Ravens...none
Steelers...Dick Hoak, Rocky Blier@
Browns...Patrick Hillis@
Bengals...hmmmm?
Pats...Craig James@, Danny Woodhead
Bills...Wray Carlton
Jets...Mark Smolinski
Dolphins...Larry Czonka***/@ Jim Kiick
Colts...Alan Ameche, Tom Matte, Jerry Hill
Oilers/Titans...Charley Tolar@, Billy Cannon, Hoyle Granger@
Jags...none
Texans...none.

Dickie Post with the Chargers led the AFC in rushing one season, 900 and McElheny a HS hurdles champ, Billy Cannon a 9.5 sprinter while at LSU. some yards.

The Cards John David Crow a Heisman winner as was the Oilers Billy Cannon and the Rams John Cappelleti.

Will we ever see that quick, fast big white back with some agility, I doubt it.

Lincoln
10-08-2012, 04:52 PM
It's Peyton Hillis you stupid fuck. If you're going to recite retarded trivia that no one gives a shit about, at least do it right.

krispinwah
10-08-2012, 04:55 PM
I honestly can't wait until Avante dies.

FkLA
10-08-2012, 04:57 PM
It's Peyton Hillis you stupid fuck. If you're going to recite retarded trivia that no one gives a shit about, at least do it right.

Its also Mike Alstott, and he was more a FB blocking for Warrick Dunn in Tampa IIRC. Avante with the inaccurate bads. :lol

Avante
10-08-2012, 05:03 PM

Does it hurt being so fucking simple? I 'd hate to be some simple fuck like you so afraid to widen those horizons. Stay simple fucker, it looks good on you. Sorry dick head but the NFL didn't start for me in 2000.

What a waste of a sperm cell, sheesh~~~~~

Avante
10-08-2012, 05:04 PM
Hey if we can talk black QB's then why not white running backs?

Avante
10-08-2012, 05:05 PM
Its also Mike Alstott, and he was more a FB blocking for Warrick Dunn in Tampa IIRC. Avante with the inaccurate bads. :lol

No not really and yes he was a running back.

paste...

Mike Alstott is the hardest hitting running back in NFL history, more truck stick then a Xbox controller ...

Avante
10-08-2012, 05:09 PM

Not just a tad bit over dramatic are we, hahahaha!!!!!!!!

Lincoln
10-08-2012, 05:22 PM
No need to get all butthurt faggot, just stating that you're a stupid lonely motherfucker that jacks off to 1960's football and track/field. Get with the times

Avante
10-08-2012, 05:37 PM
No need to get all butthurt faggot, just stating that you're a stupid lonely motherfucker that jacks off to 1960's football and track/field. Get with the times

Trust me slick watching some dumb fuck like you get all jacked up over threads he doesn't have to read is funny.

I'm totally into todays game little fella, did ya not see my thread talking about this season? The thing is dinky dick is that I can do it all, I'm not some punk ass kid like you who wouldn't know Joe Montana from Joe Namath from Joe Kapp, stay stupid it's you. Never ever learn anything fucker it would shock your system.

DD
10-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Whites make shitty running backs, like blacks make shitty QBs.

These are things we know.

Avante
10-08-2012, 05:51 PM

Warren Moon is far more accomplished than any white running back. Compare Donovan McNabb, Randall Cunningham and Micheal Vick to Eagle running backs.

DD
10-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Warren Moon is far more accomplished than any white running back. Compare Donovan McNabb, Randall Cunningham and Micheal Vick to Eagle running backs.

Saying Warren Moon is more accomplished than any white RB is not really a compliment at all--and this is coming from a big Moon fan.

Christ almighty you're stupid.

Avante
10-08-2012, 06:03 PM
Saying Warren Moon is more accomplished than any white RB is not really a compliment at all--and this is coming from a big Moon fan.

Christ almighty you're stupid.

Dude you are so fucked up it's comical. Not a brain in your fucking head, fucking idiot.

Stick to what you know asshole, that would be......o.

Avante
10-08-2012, 06:07 PM
What's with all this.."I'm young and dumb"...on this board? It's weird that so many of you would all be here.

DD
10-08-2012, 06:11 PM
Michael Jordan is far more accomplished than Craig Ehlo.

Avante
10-08-2012, 06:13 PM
Michael Jordan is far more accomplished than Craig Ehlo.

Who gives a fat fuck, talk football.

BUMP
10-08-2012, 08:02 PM

You can talk about white running backs all you want. We've already admitted that white people make shitty running backs/non-slot receivers so why is so hard to admit black's suck at quarterback?

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-08-2012, 08:29 PM
:lol Avante still arguing strawmans, acting like anyone actually said white running backs are good

mavs>spurs
10-08-2012, 10:00 PM

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/1025508_o.gif

Avante
10-09-2012, 12:15 AM
You can talk about white running backs all you want. We've already admitted that white people make shitty running backs/non-slot receivers so why is so hard to admit black's suck at quarterback?

Black QB's do far better than white running backs.

Avante
10-09-2012, 12:16 AM
:lol Avante still arguing strawmans, acting like anyone actually said white running backs are good

Who gives a fuck about who said what? I'm simply showing you all the white running backs who did make an impact, just long ago.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-09-2012, 12:57 AM
Who gives a fuck about who said what? I'm simply showing you all the white running backs who did make an impact, just long ago.

Why are you showing me something I don't care about?

Avante
10-09-2012, 01:32 AM
Why are you showing me something I don't care about?

Who gives a fuck what you care about? Stay stupid why would I care?

Jeff Van Gundy
10-09-2012, 10:34 AM
I guess pinking avante didn't do shit

Trill Clinton
10-09-2012, 12:59 PM
avante save the keystrokes fam.

no point in debating opinion. we both know and see where the future of the qb position is headed, the dual threat qb's are becoming the norm and the stiff statue qb's are being phased out.

one thing for certain, we will NEVER see a starting white running back in the league again lmao. only way that'll happen is if the black running back got hurt.

black qb's sucking=opinion
white rb's sucking= fact

FkLA
10-09-2012, 01:29 PM
No not really and yes he was a running back.

paste...

Mike Alstott is the hardest hitting running back in NFL history, more truck stick then a Xbox controller ...

He ran it alot more than the typical FB, but Im pretty sure Warrick Dunn was the RB for those Buc teams man.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Mike Alstott was a full back. People call him "The last good fullback" because he was the last fullback as involved in the offense as he was. Idk why the fuck anyone would call him a running back.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-09-2012, 02:27 PM
avante save the keystrokes fam.

no point in debating opinion. we both know and see where the future of the qb position is headed, the dual threat qb's are becoming the norm and the stiff statue qb's are being phased out.

one thing for certain, we will NEVER see a starting white running back in the league again lmao. only way that'll happen is if the black running back got hurt.

black qb's sucking=opinion
white rb's sucking= fact
The fact you feel the need to compare black QBs to white RBs proves how horrible they are.

Blake
10-09-2012, 02:35 PM
I always wonder why there aren't more hispanic kickers.

seems to me that there could be any number of failed fat ass soccer players that can't run worth a shit that could be HOF kickers

Trill Clinton
10-09-2012, 02:55 PM
The fact you feel the need to compare black QBs to white RBs proves how horrible they are.

i my post was done with the vein of the thread. #teamwehateblackqb's brought up black qb's while avante's thread was clearly about white rb's.

just accept the fact we'll never see a white rb in the NFL like i will accept the fact you're entitled to your opinion of black qb's.

DD
10-09-2012, 03:00 PM
#teamwehateblackqb's brought up black qb's

Actually, you're wrong again...here was the first mention of black QB's:

Trill Clinton
10-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Actually, you're wrong again...here was the first mention of black QB's:

Here is the first comparison of black qb's vs white rb's

not to mention your post was half opinion(blacks make shitty qb's) and 100% fact(whites make shitty rb's)

meet me halfway here. some blacks make shitty qb's and ALL white make shitty rb's....i think this is something we can all agree on.

DD
10-09-2012, 03:09 PM
You said "brought up black QB's."

I apologize if those were not your words

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-09-2012, 03:13 PM
i my post was done with the vein of the thread. #teamwehateblackqb's brought up black qb's while avante's thread was clearly about white rb's.
Here is the first mention of black QBs in this thread:

Avante was the one who brought up black QBs in this thread. The lack of analytical skills you demonstrated saying it was someone else who brought up black QBs is an example of why black QBs don't possess the ability to make a superbowl run.

just accept the fact we'll never see a white rb in the NFL like i will accept the fact you're entitled to your opinion of black qb's.
Well we've seen several white RBs in the NFL so I'm not sure why I'd accept a fact that isn't true.

As far as a superbowl winning team having a starting white RB? Yeah, anyone who thinks that's happening any time soon is delusional.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-09-2012, 03:13 PM
:lmao DD beat me to it

Trill Clinton
10-09-2012, 03:14 PM
You said "brought up black QB's."

I apologize if those were not your words

no need to apologize. i should have been more specific.

your buddy DUNCANownsKOBE (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=26386) unfairly quoted me implying i compared black qb's to white rb's when it was you who initially brought it up changing the dynamic of the thread. keep your monkey off my back, please.

Trill Clinton
10-09-2012, 03:19 PM
DUNCANownsKOBE. Avante innocently saying "Hey if we can talk black QB's then why not white running backs?" is totally different from Deadly Dynasty saying "Whites make shitty running backs, like blacks make shitty QBs. These are things we know."

one was brought up lightheartedly while the other was brought up to incite unfair opinions about black qb's.

as far as us seeing "several" white rb's that subjective. several to you is not many to me. the fact of the matter is we will see A LOT more black qb's across the league no matter how "shitty" you think they are.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Don't move the goalposts, Sambo. You said "brought up black QBs". Avante was the first person in this thread to bring up black QBs.

DD
I believe Woodcuck started for the Pats in the SB last year, and scored a TD. He sucks no doubt, but I can guarantee you that had the Pats and Giants situations been reversed, Woodhead wouldn't have fallen into the end zone like an idiot.

Bradshaw's 10x as talented, but also 10x as dumb.

Trill Clinton
Avante, sorry to derail your thread fam. as far as the Samoan quarterback that was Jack Thompson.

Trill Clinton
Don't move the goalposts, Sambo. You said "brought up black QBs". Avante was the first person in this thread to bring up black QBs.

lol aight

Trill Clinton
10-09-2012, 03:25 PM
I believe Woodcuck started for the Pats in the SB last year, and scored a TD. He sucks no doubt, but I can guarantee you that had the Pats and Giants situations been reversed, Woodhead wouldn't have fallen into the end zone like an idiot.

Bradshaw's 10x as talented, but also 10x as dumb.

again that is your opinion that woodchuck is smarter than Bradshaw. but woodchuck and that white boy backing up Adrian Peterson in Minnesotta are the last of a dying breed.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-09-2012, 03:28 PM
again that is your opinion that woodchuck is smarter than Bradshaw. but woodchuck and that white boy backing up Adrian Peterson in Minnesotta are the last of a dying breed.

The white running back isn't a dying breed, it's a dead breed. No one is disputing that. When I say "several white running backs are in the NFL" it's because there are several white running backs in the NFL (Woodhead, Gerhart, Hillis). No one is saying any of them are good.

mojorizen7
10-09-2012, 03:34 PM

Trill Clinton
10-09-2012, 03:42 PM
The white running back isn't a dying breed, it's a dead breed. No one is disputing that. When I say "several white running backs are in the NFL" it's because there are several white running backs in the NFL (Woodhead, Gerhart, Hillis). No one is saying any of them are good.

3 compared to 60+ black rb's is several? i guess.

but at least we agree on the fact that white rb's suck and we'll never see a starting white rb again.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-09-2012, 05:18 PM
3 compared to 60+ black rb's is several? i guess.

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=several&tbs=dfn:1&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=xqF0ULmpBOWHywGr24G4Dw&sqi=2&ved=0CBwQkQ4&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=d5c1f31fb676bb22&biw=1600&bih=783

sev·er·al

pronoun /ˈsev(ə)rəl/ 

More than two but not many

- the author of several books
- Van Gogh was just one of several artists who gathered at Auvers
- several of his friends attended

Once again, your shitty grasp of the English language demonstrates why blacks make terrible QBs.

Lincoln
10-09-2012, 07:08 PM
:lmao

mavs>spurs
10-09-2012, 09:04 PM
tbh mike alstott bullied ******s harder than donovan mcnig or most "good" black qb's

Avante
10-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Mike Alstott was a full back. People call him "The last good fullback" because he was the last fullback as involved in the offense as he was. Idk why the fuck anyone would call him a running back.

Paste....

Michael Joseph Alstott
Position: RB
Height: 6-1 Weight: 248 lbs. Born: December 21 (http://www.spurstalk.com/friv/birthdays.cgi?month=12&day=21), 1973 in Joliet, IL (http://www.spurstalk.com/friv/birthplaces.cgi?country=USA&state=IL) (Age 38)
College: Purdue (http://www.spurstalk.com/colleges/purdue/) (school history (http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/purdue/))
Drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (http://www.spurstalk.com/teams/tam/1996_draft.htm) in the 2nd round (35th overall) of the 1996 NFL Draft (http://www.spurstalk.com/years/1996/draft.htm).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in the day we did see a fullback and a halfback, actually the great backs were fullbacks...Jim Brown, Jim Taylor, Cookie Gilchrist, John Henry Johnson,J .D.Smith, Don Perkins, Dick Bass. In the days of Alstott and Dunn we know longer had a defined fullback/halfback on that team. If you carried the ball to any degree you were a running back.

See the bottom right hand corner?

http://www.sportsbuy.com/images/oldscans/400867.jpg

Not that it really matters I do include fullbacks in with running backs. The thing is we only saw good white backs long ago when the fullbacks did run the ball as much as the halfbacks.

Avante
10-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Avante (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33483), sorry to derail your thread fam. as far as the Samoan quarterback that was Jack Thompson.

I don't play that, do whatever ya want on my threads. Yep, Jack Thompson.

Trill Clinton
10-10-2012, 12:46 PM
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=several&tbs=dfn:1&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=xqF0ULmpBOWHywGr24G4Dw&sqi=2&ved=0CBwQkQ4&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=d5c1f31fb676bb22&biw=1600&bih=783

sev·er·al

pronoun /ˈsev(ə)rəl/ 

More than two but not many

- the author of several books
- Van Gogh was just one of several artists who gathered at Auvers
- several of his friends attended

Once again, your shitty grasp of the English language demonstrates why blacks make terrible QBs.

lolsmh, DD come get your pet monkey.

3 vs 60+ is not several. its a few, not several.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-10-2012, 01:05 PM
Are you clinically retarded? The fact that there are 60+ black RBs doesn't change the meaning of the word several. It still means more than 2, but not many.

Blake
10-10-2012, 01:05 PM
I don't play that, do whatever ya want on my threads. Yep, Jack Thompson.

Rofl you are the queen of whimper wah when someone posts something you don't like in your thread

Blake
10-10-2012, 01:18 PM
lolsmh, DD come get your pet monkey.

3 vs 60+ is not several. its a few, not several.

Fyi

WordReference English Thesaurus © 2012

several

Sense: Few, some, any, a few, quite a few, not many, sundry, two or three, a small number of, scarcely any, infrequent, a handful