PDA

View Full Version : Sean Marks gets promoted

ace3g
10-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Andrew A. McNeill ‏@drew_48moh

#Spurs just announced that Sean Marks was promoted to GM of the Austin Toros as well as director of basketball ops with Spurs. #GoSpursGo

Andrew A. McNeill ‏@drew_48moh

And Trajan Landgon (!!!) joined the #Spurs as a pro scout. #GoSpursGo

lefty
10-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Better than Senior Cheerleader

ace3g
10-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Better than Senior Cheerleader

That and designated practice fodder for Duncan

Bruno
10-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Langdon should have been hired as scout for the Europe. Spurs have lost earlier this year their main Euro scout (Antonio Maceiras) and they needed a replacement. Langdon, who has played a decade in Europe, should be fine for that spot. Like Maceiras, he is too a product of the Messina pipeline. Spurs must really like Messina's approach of the game.

On a side note, does anyone know if TJ Ford will end up with Spurs/Toros organization?

ace3g
10-09-2012, 04:15 PM
Some other promotions

Maximum Sports ‏@MaxSportsSA

Spurs announce Sean Marks has been promoted to dir. of operations/Toros general manager, Brian Pauga dir. of scouting.

Maximum Sports ‏@MaxSportsSA

Gabe Farkas dir. analytics.Matt Meiners manager of statistical development. Trajan Langdon joins the team as a pro scout.

AussieFanKurt
10-10-2012, 02:22 AM
Good going, Marksy. A friend from across the ditch

timvp
10-10-2012, 02:28 AM
Sean Marks should have a really good career in the front office. Somehow he befriends everyone. When he was a player, he was literally every other player's best friend. Great dude and really smart.

If you're another team looking for a GM, he's going to be a great candidate after a little bit of seasoning. I give it two years max before he's running another organization.

ploto
10-10-2012, 08:08 AM
Sean knew he had this interest after his playing days were over, and he was smart to plan for it. IIRC, he was working on his Master's while he was still playing for the Spurs.

officer43
10-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Congrats to Sean!

ace3g
10-11-2012, 12:37 AM
Spurs notebook: Marks back in the fold as member of front office, Toros

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/10/09/spurs-notebook-marks-back-in-the-fold-as-member-of-front-office-toros/#7798-39

Some good pictures to go with the article like this gem:

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/wp-content/blogs.dir/617/files/sean-marks/7159626.jpg

ace3g
04-08-2013, 01:53 PM
some more info on Trajan Langdon

"Langdon spoke with RidiculousUpside.com (http://www.ridiculousupside.com/) about his current job duties and his future, "This is my first season as a scout, and for me it's a way to stay connected with the game. I want to go the front office path rather than coaching or something else, I feel it can be a great path for me. This year has been a great way for me to check out the differences between a player's approach in the NBA, and the D-League, as I've spent time scouting both leagues. It's interesting to see how players react to each scenario.It's an area we (Spurs) have to cover, you basically have the NBA, Europe and college, but now the D-League fits right in there. There are always opportunities to find certain players who can be valuable assets to NBA organizations, playing in the D-League. Obviously you look at their skill-level first, then things like ball handling, shooting, and how much knowledge of the game that they have. The most important thing, is to see if they have the willingness to do the little things out on the court. You're not searching for a superstar, NBA teams already have those. So, you need to find guys who can fit in as teammates, and as complimentary players. I'm looking at everything, like how they interact with other players? How they mesh with their coaches? Also, how do they conduct themselves throughout the course of the game? There's a lot of little things that you can pick up on without necessarily asking the coaches." Langdon explained.

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2013/4/8/4193400/trajan-langdon-duke-spurs-NBADL