PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: How come noone ever said Kobe could be better than MJ or even as good?

FkLA
10-09-2012, 04:14 PM
First Barkley and now the Zen Master are saying the King could go down as the GOAT, why hasnt somebody ever said anything like this about Kobe especially since he has more rings? :lol

Kidd K
10-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Where've you been? Kobe stans have been trying to claim he's as good as MJ was for years. Claiming all he has to do is match MJ's rings to be considered "equal", and getting one extra automatically makes him "better".

Even though MJ was clearly better than Kobe at every facet of the game besides 3pt shooting, and he wasn't far off that either.

LeBron gets talks about possibly being as good as MJ because, unlike Kobe, LeBron's production is closer to MJ's than Kobe's has been.

racm
10-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Kobe doesn't have MJ's all around game, career averages of 25/6/5 aside. :P

Vic Petro
10-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Kobe was being touted as better than Jordan by Laker dweebs since 1999

Vic Petro
10-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Jordan age 23 averaged 37/5/5

Jordan age 24 averaged 35/6/6

Jordan age 25 averaged 33/8/8

Jordan age 26 averaged 33/7/6

He then won 6 titles and would have won 8 in a row if he never went on hiatus. Lebron is already 27 and I don't think his body will hold up as well as MJ's did.

Anyone making another's player's case as GOAT needs to STFU.

FkLA
10-09-2012, 06:29 PM
Well obviously I meant by people within the game, not by his fanboys.

Koolaid_Man
10-09-2012, 06:36 PM
Jordan age 23 averaged 37/5/5

Jordan age 24 averaged 35/6/6

Jordan age 25 averaged 33/8/8

Jordan age 26 averaged 33/7/6

He then won 6 titles and would have won 8 in a row if he never went on hiatus. Lebron is already 27 and I don't think his body will hold up as well as MJ's did.

Anyone making another's player's case as GOAT needs to STFU.

Hey little boy....one little fact you overlook...MJ never had to share the ball with the "most dominant big man in NBA history" and still get his....this alone puts Kobe heads and shoulders above MJ in my book...I have no doubts that Kobe would have matched MJ in production had he not played Shaq...MJ treated Pippen like a step-child..Pippen ate when MJ told him too..Kobe basically took Shaq's food.....:lol pretty big difference you gay ass Spur fan boys like to overlook

LkrFan
10-09-2012, 06:38 PM
:corn:

whitemamba
10-09-2012, 06:38 PM
wouldnt you say that the average competition level between MJ's time and now... im pretty sure its much higher, look how stacked every team is.. players are bigger faster and more physical..kobe is the hardest working ball player this league has ever seen... for a "tosb" he is without a doubt in great shape every year, u take his injuries away that normally sideline just about everybody.. im sure kobes PPG,FGP,3P%,and FT% all go up, so many times last year and the year before either pau or bynum wouldnt show up, the bench on a regular basis. regular season is meaningless its all about the post season, and yes MJ is 6/6 no one else has done that.., but Kobe is creepin theres a good chance he can double ring... and finally even MJ said it himself that Kobe is the only one that can be compared to him, if you dont give this guy credit, you dont know basketball,,nor are you deserving enough to watch it

whitemamba
10-09-2012, 06:39 PM
First Barkley and now the Zen Master are saying the King could go down as the GOAT, why hasnt somebody ever said anything like this about Kobe especially since he has more rings? :lol

charles barkley is retarded btw...

Koolaid_Man
10-09-2012, 06:39 PM

MJ only won when the Pistons got old...Magic caught HIV and retired, Larry Bird and the Celtics got old...MJ couldn't win..I repeat he got his ass curbed STOMPED like shit in his prime against these teams...he simply couldn't do it..he waited till they were on their death beds before he won shit...

You may be too young to remember this

Koolaid_Man
10-09-2012, 06:42 PM
wouldnt you say that the average competition level between MJ's time and now... im pretty sure its much higher, look how stacked every team is.. players are bigger faster and more physical..kobe is the hardest working ball player this league has ever seen... for a "tosb" he is without a doubt in great shape every year, u take his injuries away that normally sideline just about everybody.. im sure kobes PPG,FGP,3P%,and FT% all go up, so many times last year and the year before either pau or bynum wouldnt show up, the bench on a regular basis. regular season is meaningless its all about the post season, and yes MJ is 6/6 no one else has done that.., but Kobe is creepin theres a good chance he can double ring... and finally even MJ said it himself that Kobe is the only one that can be compared to him, if you dont give this guy credit, you dont know basketball,,nor are you deserving enough to watch it

Spur fan can lick my ass up and down till their tongues turn doo-doo brown....those mofo's are mad, angry, jealous, petty, insecure, in full bitch mode because Kobe popped Duncan's cherry ass with 5>4

and ohh yea..there's more in store

Deal with that shit bitches

whitemamba
10-09-2012, 06:47 PM
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x52/amendogg/hate%20spurs/n501148973_642226_5417.jpg

mindcrime
10-09-2012, 06:50 PM
MJ only won when the Pistons got old...Magic caught HIV and retired, Larry Bird and the Celtics got old...MJ couldn't win..I repeat he got his ass curbed STOMPED like shit in his prime against these teams...he simply couldn't do it..he waited till they were on their death beds before he won shit...

Jordan got his ass handed to him because he didn't have a team worth shit, you ignorant queer. If Jordan had Kobe's cast he would have more than 5 titles, that's for sure.

Koolaid_Man
10-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Jordan got his ass handed to him because he didn't have a team worth shit, you ignorant queer. If Jordan had Kobe's cast he would have more than 5 titles, that's for sure.

when MJ and Lebron win they're the goats the greatest thing since sliced bread when they lose it's because of their teams....

on the flip side when Kobe wins it's because of his team but when he loses it's on him....

this is an age old system..we get it..come with some new shit dawg

Vic Petro
10-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Hey little boy....one little fact you overlook...MJ never had to share the ball with the "most dominant big man in NBA history" and still get his....this alone puts Kobe heads and shoulders above MJ in my book...I have no doubts that Kobe would have matched MJ in production had he not played Shaq...MJ treated Pippen like a step-child..Pippen ate when MJ told him too..Kobe basically took Shaq's food.....:lol pretty big difference you gay ass Spur fan boys like to overlook

Are you arguing the fact that Kobe rode Shaq's coattails to three titles is actually a feather in his cap over Jordan? :rolleyes

daspurs
10-09-2012, 07:30 PM
The amount of hurt by laker fans in this thread :lol Hop off

D12
10-09-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm sure players within the league held that notion sometime. You're clearly reaching with this thread, op

irishock
10-09-2012, 08:27 PM
People need to stop comparing LeBron with Michael. Their games aren't even remotely similar anymore. It's the other MJ that LeBron is trying to catch.

whitemamba
10-09-2012, 08:40 PM
The amount of gay spur fans in this thread :lol Hop off

FkLA
10-09-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm sure players within the league held that notion sometime. You're clearly reaching with this thread, op

Noone thought that. :lol

People need to stop comparing LeBron with Michael. Their games aren't even remotely similar anymore. It's the other MJ that LeBron is trying to catch.

Not comparing their game as much as their greatness. Bron has the chance to surpass the GOAT imo.

whitemamba
10-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Noone thought that. :lol

Not comparing their game as much as their greatness. Bron has the chance to surpass the GOAT imo.

i dont think he has it, not yet at least... doesnt have fire, his teammates carried him in that 'ship win...

LkrFan
10-09-2012, 09:11 PM

:lmao - I've been saying the same thing about Kobe around these parts for a long time. Question of the day: were any of MJ's teammates shittier than Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, Brian Cook or Luke Walton? Hell to the no. Yet many of you disregard that fact when holding the fact that Kobe missed the playoffs or was one and done playing with these NBA players. Keep moving the goal post when it is convenient Sacramento Queen Fan. :rolleyes

Koolaid_Man
10-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Are you arguing the fact that Kobe rode Shaq's coattails to three titles is actually a feather in his cap over Jordan? :rolleyes

what I have on my side is proof that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about...

Case in point 1:

Shaq with a loaded (All-Star Cast) Magic team and with a prime Penny Hardaway gets swept in the finals :lol 0 rings

Case in point 2:

Shaq comes to LA with a loaded Laker team...Allstars in Van Exel and Eddie Jones and a solid team around him and doesn't win shit...:lol again 0 rings

Case in point 3:

Kobe emerges as one of the greatest players to ever play the game and ALAS!!!! Shaq finally wins his first ring enroute to a 3 peat lead by the young star phenom Kobe Bryant...Finally Shaq 1, 2, and 3 rings...

So while you may be an emotional wreck like just like a once-a-month-period-having-bitch....I have facts on my side :toast

now raise up off these NUTZ cuz you gets none of these at ease...as I mob with the dogg pound feel the breeze....

LkrFan
10-09-2012, 09:22 PM

Kool with the no regard for human life goods. I've been saying the same thing around here. MJ won when the true legends got old and when the league got watered down with the T'Pups, Heat, Grizzlies, Raptors, Hornets, and Magic. If he won even ONE title during the '80s I'd concede him as GOAT.

There is no doubt in my mind that Kobe would have done either the same or surpassed any accolade MJ garnered during his reign. The level of perimeter competition MJ had was limited to Reggie Miller, Joe Dumars, Dominique, Craig Ehl:lol, and Jeff Hornacek. Kobe's comp is way better and he still (should have) lead the league in scoring last year. Even in his 17th campaign.

Most guys on this forum knows what's up. Because of the Laker rivalry with the Spurs (and other reasons) they refuse to give Kobe his due. But once Kobe catches and possibly passes MJ in rang totals (not to mention points) I don't want to hear shit about MJ ever again.

Clipper Nation
10-09-2012, 09:33 PM

If only Jordan had to play against those tough Pacers, Nets, and Magic teams in the Finals, he'd have never won a ring..... :lol

Latarian Milton
10-09-2012, 10:06 PM
MJ never had to coattail ride another superstar to crominate the league and win championships, or to get past the first round at least :lol

Latarian Milton
10-09-2012, 10:13 PM

we all might be too young to understand how much damage has been done to sorry brain by the alzheimer's disease. 80's belonged to the celts and lakers but it wasn't like he got ass pwned all the time imho, unlike the rapists in the mid 2000s where he couldn't even lead his team past round 1 until he got the spanish fag to take care of his ass tbh

Joseph Kony
10-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Kool with the no regard for human life goods. I've been saying the same thing around here. MJ won when the true legends got old and when the league got watered down with the T'Pups, Heat, Grizzlies, Raptors, Hornets, and Magic. If he won even ONE title during the '80s I'd concede him as GOAT.

There is no doubt in my mind that Kobe would have done either the same or surpassed any accolade MJ garnered during his reign. The level of perimeter competition MJ had was limited to Reggie Miller, Joe Dumars, Dominique, Craig Ehl:lol, and Jeff Hornacek. Kobe's comp is way better and he still (should have) lead the league in scoring last year. Even in his 17th campaign.

Most guys on this forum knows what's up. Because of the Laker rivalry with the Spurs (and other reasons) they refuse to give Kobe his due. But once Kobe catches and possibly passes MJ in rang totals (not to mention points) I don't want to hear shit about MJ ever again.

jesus i wish you were a ugandan child. MJ never got stomped by the celtics in his prime. your boy kobe on the other hand got bounced in the round twice and failed to make the playoffs at his peak. not until he was gifted gasol did he return to relevance

Latarian Milton
10-09-2012, 10:28 PM

MJ trumped his peers throughout his career and many of them were HOF'ers including Olajuwon, admiral, malone just to name a few. any team MJ defeated in the NBA finals would of c-stomped the shit out of the 01-02 New Jersey fucking Nets tbh

MJ is the true god of basketball and indubitably the best player to ever play this game on the planet, and you won't see anyone coming head to shoulder with him in the foreseeable future tbh

Joseph Kony
10-09-2012, 10:33 PM
tbh this is from a couple years ago and kobe has yet to make up and ground on the GOAT

http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/The-Greatest-of-All-Time-595x676.jpg

z0sa
10-10-2012, 12:10 AM
Shaquille O'Neal

ElNono
10-10-2012, 12:14 AM
Kobe has lost a step or two, but in his prime, you could easily compare him to Iverson, tbh...

Venti Quattro
10-10-2012, 12:26 AM

What a pile of hot shit.

venky
10-10-2012, 01:38 AM
What planet is the OP living on? Many people have said Kobe is or could be better than Jordan.

Chris Broussard has said that while he won't name them, some of Jordan's ex teamates said Kobe was better. http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/michael-jordans-former-teammates-thinks-kobe-bryant-is-better/

Mark Jackson says he believes Kobe will end up the best of all time. Link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVWFIGhD980

Here's an article way back when in 2003: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/rick_reilly/news/2003/03/04/life_of_reilly0303/

whitemamba
10-10-2012, 01:58 AM
Kobe has lost a step or two, but in his prime, you could easily compare him to Iverson, tbh...

lol what?

FkLA
10-10-2012, 02:14 AM
What planet is the OP living on? Many people have said Kobe is or could be better than Jordan.

Chris Broussard has said that while he won't name them, some of Jordan's ex teamates said Kobe was better. http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/michael-jordans-former-teammates-thinks-kobe-bryant-is-better/

Mark Jackson says he believes Kobe will end up the best of all time. Link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVWFIGhD980

Here's an article way back when in 2003: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/rick_reilly/news/2003/03/04/life_of_reilly0303/

Who is Rick Reilly? Chris Broussard is a confirmed dumbass. Get back at me when arguably the greatest coach and a Top 30 player of all-time endorses Kome. :sleep

ElNono
10-10-2012, 02:19 AM
lol what?

what? :lol

ElNono
10-10-2012, 02:20 AM
lol Mark Jackson's basketball acumen can be summed up in "hand down, man down"...

Sean Cagney
10-10-2012, 02:24 AM

Yeah and he would have three less rings if he had not played with Shaq so........ Once again you are sipping the koolaid.

venky
10-10-2012, 02:31 AM
Who is Rick Reilly? Chris Broussard is a confirmed dumbass. Get back at me when arguably the greatest coach and a Top 30 player of all-time endorses Kome. :sleep
Lame. The title of your thread is how come "no one" said Kobe is better or could be better.

I provided you with 3 people.

Next.

Venti Quattro
10-10-2012, 02:31 AM
At least someone said it... http://articles.latimes.com/2011/apr/27/sports/la-sp-heisler-lakers-hornets-20110428

Happily for the Lakers, Bryant and Coach Phil Jackson are on the same page ... even if it took seven seasons together to get to that page.

"I wouldn't compare them," said Jackson, who coached both. "I think Kobe's as good as Michael."

"Michael was used to coaching, and used to coaching that he trusted, so a lot of times, in conferring with him, he could execute what the game plan was."

Bryant coaches himself as much as he allows himself to be coached.

If he does something Jackson doesn't like, Phil can dare to take him out or let him find his own way.

OHHHH it's the Zen Master.

Latarian Milton
10-10-2012, 04:07 AM
If he won even ONE title during the '80s I'd concede him as GOAT.

had kobe ever won the first round w/o another superstar playing alongside his ass, no one would've regarded him as a coattail rider imho

LkrFan
10-10-2012, 04:52 AM
had kobe ever won the first round w/o another superstar playing alongside his ass, no one would've regarded him as a coattail rider imho
Pop quiz: which guard set the NBA record for FTAs in a 6 game Finals series? Hint: it happened in 2006. :downspin:

Latarian Milton
10-10-2012, 05:13 AM
Pop quiz: which guard set the NBA record for FTAs in a 6 game Finals series? Hint: it happened in 2006. :downspin:
we already gave one back to them in 2011 though. we won the series in 06 with more or less refs' help and and we took the result. it was a delightful result at least and we beat the team that kobe has never beat in a best of 7 series throughout his lifetime tbh. also enlighten me please who's the current record holder of bricking the most shots in one game?

ambchang
10-10-2012, 07:39 AM
:lmao - I've been saying the same thing about Kobe around these parts for a long time. Question of the day: were any of MJ's teammates shittier than Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, Brian Cook or Luke Walton? Hell to the no. Yet many of you disregard that fact when holding the fact that Kobe missed the playoffs or was one and done playing with these NBA players. Keep moving the goal post when it is convenient Sacramento Queen Fan. :rolleyes

Kobe didn't have Dave Corzine, Brad Sellers, Gene Banks as his teammates too, the difference is that Jordan made the playoffs with that cast. What's your point?

ambchang
10-10-2012, 07:50 AM

The supporting cast of Jordan wasn't as big, fast and physical as those of Kobe then, by you own logic. The league grew, and all the players did. You can't cherry pick the competition and leave out the supporting cast.

It is tough to gauge competition in the two eras, as the basketball landscape has changed. In the 90s, the talent is more spreadout, with players like Hakeem, Ewing, Robinson, Payton/Kemp, Stockton/Malone, Shaq/Penny manning their own teams. The road to the championship has to go through a bunch of good teams with a more spreadout talent base, whereas in the 00s, talented players bunch up together, and the concept of superteams came into play, where you have the Celtics, Lakers, and now the Heat. You have more talent in the competition, but you also have more talent on your side if you are on the super teams. To top it off, the road to the championship is "easier" because the chances of bumping into another team with comparable talent is smaller than the 90s.

Kobe's ppg went up dramatically after the league made changes to open up the perimeter in 2000 (transition from the Jordan era to the Shaq era) in an effort to open up scoring, so he actually has an advantage in terms of perimeter offense over Jordan did, but still put up the same numbers.

Your statement about Kobe increasing production with Pau and Bynum not showing up requires some level of back up, it's entirely conjecture, and has little to base off of.

Also, I have stated many times the number of rings to gauge a players' greatness is lazy and stupid, so I am not going into it again.

MJ is also a horrible evaluator of talent, great player, horrible GM/owner, what he said in terms of player evaluation actually holds very little water.

ambchang
10-10-2012, 07:52 AM
what I have on my side is proof that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about...

Case in point 1:

Shaq with a loaded (All-Star Cast) Magic team and with a prime Penny Hardaway gets swept in the finals :lol 0 rings

Case in point 2:

Shaq comes to LA with a loaded Laker team...Allstars in Van Exel and Eddie Jones and a solid team around him and doesn't win shit...:lol again 0 rings

Case in point 3:

Kobe emerges as one of the greatest players to ever play the game and ALAS!!!! Shaq finally wins his first ring enroute to a 3 peat lead by the young star phenom Kobe Bryant...Finally Shaq 1, 2, and 3 rings...

So while you may be an emotional wreck like just like a once-a-month-period-having-bitch....I have facts on my side :toast

now raise up off these NUTZ cuz you gets none of these at ease...as I mob with the dogg pound feel the breeze....

Phil Jackson has something to do with it.

ambchang
10-10-2012, 07:56 AM

Is that why Bird said "I think God disguised as Michael Jordan" after a playoff game? Or why Magic said, "There's Michael Jordan, and then there's the rest of us"?

ambchang
10-10-2012, 07:58 AM
Lame. The title of your thread is how come "no one" said Kobe is better or could be better.

I provided you with 3 people.

Next.

Those 3 people you provided were proven nobodies, so the title still stands. You can't come up and quote yourself, or anyone on this board for that matter, and said the title is invalid, because we are all nobodies. Find somebodies quote.

Clipper Nation
10-10-2012, 07:59 AM
pass1st thinks Kobe > Jordan :lol

Joseph Kony
10-10-2012, 08:26 AM
latarian milton making a serious case for potm tbh

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-10-2012, 09:36 AM
As was noted above it's not that NOBODY ever said it, but with the passage of time and the new generation of fans coming to the NBA, the difference you're going to see going forward is one of traction. More people will be willing to say it about Lebron, and more people will be able to actually believe it. I don't think Kobe's equal or better than Jordan (though I think he's come as close to it as any guard since Jordan). The thing is I don't think anyone in the media honestly thinks so either, or at the very least knew that the public on the whole wouldn't buy it. You can spin some numbers, make a coherent (though not compelling IMO) case for it, but in the end I think the idea of Kobe>MJ was something that was a sure fire way to generate some buzz by playing devil's advocate. You'll get Lakers fans citing it and e-mailing it to anyone who will listen, yelling, "See! See! It's true! It's true!". You'll also get an equally visceral opposite reaction from most any nonLaker fan who grew up watching Jordan and continued to follow the NBA through Kobe's career. Seeing the words "_____ better than Jordan" just doesn't compute. And that reaction is just as good for getting someone to read your column even if it's just to tell you what a fuckhead they think you are in the comments section.

Going forward you're going to have more and more fans whose sole knowledge of Jordan is by way of youtube. Jordan and Kobe's careers overlapped ever so briefly, just enough for that shadow to stretch all the way out to LA. No such problem for James. 1998 was 14 years ago. Anyone under 20 could very well have no recollection of Jordan in a Bulls uni. That's to say nothing of the massive influx of international fans with equally brief memories. You're going to be hearing the case for Lebron = Jordan a lot more in years to come because it's much easier to try compare a guy to a ghost than to a legend.

whitemamba
10-10-2012, 11:48 AM
The supporting cast of Jordan wasn't as big, fast and physical as those of Kobe then, by you own logic. The league grew, and all the players did. You can't cherry pick the competition and leave out the supporting cast.

It is tough to gauge competition in the two eras, as the basketball landscape has changed. In the 90s, the talent is more spreadout, with players like Hakeem, Ewing, Robinson, Payton/Kemp, Stockton/Malone, Shaq/Penny manning their own teams. The road to the championship has to go through a bunch of good teams with a more spreadout talent base, whereas in the 00s, talented players bunch up together, and the concept of superteams came into play, where you have the Celtics, Lakers, and now the Heat. You have more talent in the competition, but you also have more talent on your side if you are on the super teams. To top it off, the road to the championship is "easier" because the chances of bumping into another team with comparable talent is smaller than the 90s.

Kobe's ppg went up dramatically after the league made changes to open up the perimeter in 2000 (transition from the Jordan era to the Shaq era) in an effort to open up scoring, so he actually has an advantage in terms of perimeter offense over Jordan did, but still put up the same numbers.

Your statement about Kobe increasing production with Pau and Bynum not showing up requires some level of back up, it's entirely conjecture, and has little to base off of.

Also, I have stated many times the number of rings to gauge a players' greatness is lazy and stupid, so I am not going into it again.

MJ is also a horrible evaluator of talent, great player, horrible GM/owner, what he said in terms of player evaluation actually holds very little water.
here are the stats from '12 playoffs, providing no body showed up

Bynum shot 47% 16PPG, that was supposed to be our second option.. hes never more than 3 feet from the basket (jacking up that 3 in reg season doesnt count) he should be shooting well over that.
Pau- 12PPG on 43% shooting, thats a major drop in what he produces in the regular season and the year before
MWP- 11PPG on 36% shooting- nothing to be said
Kobe- 30PPG on 44% shooting... playing 40 MPG at the age of 34?? thats atrocious
And Sessions just for fun- 10PPG on 37% shooting..

the bench on the other hand 16PPG on on 41% shooting, i think we were almost last in the league in that category..

nobody except kobe showed up, now u might say "well thats because all he did was jack up shots" we tried running somewhat of an offense and feed the big guys.. no one came to play..

MJS supporting cast always came to play, he had key role players that u know who they are that always showed up when it counted.

that being said, im interested to know where you personally rank kobe (no trolling) among all time players and among all time SG's.?

mindcrime
10-10-2012, 12:08 PM

Find me where I've ever said Kobe was to blame for not making the playoffs? On the contrary, I don't believe I've ever said anything really negative about Kobe or his game. These comparisons just get old. The bottom line is Kobe is a great player. Anyone who denies his greatness is probably a troll. He is just not on par with Jordan though. Jordan is the GOAT and its too late for Bryant to change that. Oh and 'Sacramento Queens fan', hilarious. You come up with that on your own?

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2012, 12:34 PM
jesus i wish you were a ugandan child. MJ never got stomped by the celtics in his prime. your boy kobe on the other hand got bounced in the round twice and failed to make the playoffs at his peak. not until he was gifted gasol did he return to relevance

^ Hey you black and ugly greasy faced bastard...MJ never beat 3 first ballot HOF's (Celtics) to win an NBA title either... Kobe did :toast in fact Kobe beat 4 All-Stars enroute to a title...KG, Allen, Pierce, Rondo

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Yeah and he would have three less rings if he had not played with Shaq so........ Once again you are sipping the koolaid.

I've already thoroughly disproved your small minded theory..If Shaq couldn't win with 3 All-Star Guards --> Penny Hardaway, Van Exel, and Eddie Jones but he could win with Kobe...I think the answer is clear...Shaq needed Kobe way more than Kobe needed Shaq...in fact I also have another card that trumps your bullshit hand...what have they done when not playing together....lemme see:

Kobe 2
Shaq 1

You may now proceed to suck my dick

Venti Quattro
10-10-2012, 12:38 PM
^ Hey you black and ugly greasy faced bastard...MJ never beat 3 first ballot HOF's (Celtics) to win an NBA title either... Kobe did :toast in fact Kobe beat 4 All-Stars enroute to a title...KG, Allen, Pierce, Rondo

Truth bomb...it's important for a Laker great to have beaten the Celtics in the Finals to be really mentioned in the pantheon of greats.

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Phil Jackson has something to do with it.

there's always excuses with you...pull Cully's 14inch dick mold outta your ass...it has you all congested and full of shit

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Truth bomb...it's important for a Laker great to have beaten the Celtics in the Finals to be really mentioned in the pantheon of greats.

Something else these Jack Off Kings fail to realize...

Kobe went back to back with NO HOF'ers on his team...MJ had Pippen for the ride who was considered 1st ballot when he played and is now...He also had HOF'er Dennis Rodman...

Wade is a first ballot HOF'er and Bosh will easily get in so Lebron had 2 HOF'ers on his team when he rang...

I dare any Spur fan to say that Tony Parker and Manu aren't HOF worthy players....what's sad in this case is that Duncan was playing with HOF'ers and couldn't even defend his crown not once....

So what Kobe's done is no small feat..He not only went back to back with No Shaq but that nigga did it without any Hall Of Fame players....:toast

Jeff Van Gundy
10-10-2012, 01:01 PM
pass1st (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=26382) thinks Kobe > Jordan :lol
:lol wonder what happened to him?

Rummpd
10-10-2012, 01:13 PM
LOL of Lakers fans and your continual over-hype along with ESPN of one Kobe Bryant!

Kobe is simply put not even close to Jordan in greatness and is simply by far, the most over hyped NBA player ever, won three titles mainly due to Shaq, and could not even lead a team to the playoffs one year until he cried enough and they got Gasol. Now the 18th* all time most efficient NBA player (Jordan is number one and James at number 2 does deserve consideration for the all time GOAT and number one drama queen of all time (although Howard is beasting him for the last 2 years and James gave him a run for his money for a year or so) will gun the Lakers out of what should be a title team. Mark it down now. http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_career.html *

Venti Quattro
10-10-2012, 01:14 PM
LOL of Lakers fans and your continual over-hype along with ESPN of one Kobe Bryant!

Kobe is simply put not even close to Jordan in greatness and is simply by far, the most over hyped NBA player ever, won three titles mainly due to Shaq, and could not even lead a team to the playoffs one year until he cried enough and they got Gasol. Now the 18th* all time most efficient NBA player (Jordan is number one and James at number 2 does deserve consideration for the all time GOAT and number one drama queen of all time (although Howard is beasting him for the last 2 years and James gave him a run for his money for a year or so) will gun the Lakers out of what should be a title team. Mark it down now. http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/per_career.html *
:lmao :lmao

Welcome back, Rummpd! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

ambchang
10-10-2012, 01:23 PM
here are the stats from '12 playoffs, providing no body showed up

Bynum shot 47% 16PPG, that was supposed to be our second option.. hes never more than 3 feet from the basket (jacking up that 3 in reg season doesnt count) he should be shooting well over that.
Pau- 12PPG on 43% shooting, thats a major drop in what he produces in the regular season and the year before
MWP- 11PPG on 36% shooting- nothing to be said
Kobe- 30PPG on 44% shooting... playing 40 MPG at the age of 34?? thats atrocious
And Sessions just for fun- 10PPG on 37% shooting..

the bench on the other hand 16PPG on on 41% shooting, i think we were almost last in the league in that category..

nobody except kobe showed up, now u might say "well thats because all he did was jack up shots" we tried running somewhat of an offense and feed the big guys.. no one came to play..

MJS supporting cast always came to play, he had key role players that u know who they are that always showed up when it counted.

that being said, im interested to know where you personally rank kobe (no trolling) among all time players and among all time SG's.?

First off, saying that as proof that the teammates didn't show up is questionable. It could be because they didn't show up, or that Kobe was hogging the ball, or the opposition figured out the best way to stop the Lakers is to let Kobe shoot them out of the series, coaching decisions, amongst other things.

Second, Bynum scored 18.7ppg on 56%. While his playoffs numbers were not as good, it wasn't that horrible either.

In playoff games where Kobe scored less than 30 pts (averaging 20.2 pts on 37% shooting), Bynum scored 18.6 ppg on 46% shooting, while Pau scored 15.2pts on 50% shooting, while in playoff games where Kobe scored more than 30 points (averaging 37 ppg on 47% shooting), Bynum had 15.3 ppg on 49% shooting and Pau had 12 ppg on 42% shooting. While you could argue that Kobe picked up the slack, it also showed that Kobe shot 21.4 FGA in games of < 30 points, but 27.7 FGA on those games where he had >30 points. not curiously, that 6.3 less FGA were picked up by Bynum and Pau (1.8 and 2.3 each).

Second, MWP's PPG went up by 4ppg in the playoffs, which more or less offset the decrease in production of Pau, while fringe guys like Steve Blake and Jordan Hill made up for the lost in production of Bynum.

And no, MJ's supporting cast didn't always come to play, look at the 87 roster, think of Pippen's migraines.

I would rank Kobe in the 10 to 15 range in terms of accomplishments, and likely 2nd of all time amongst SGs.

(The following list isn't etched in stone, it has evolved over time, and is likely going to change in order in the future).
1. KAJ
2. Jordan
3. Magic
4. Moses Malone (I really think he is the most underrated player of all time)
5. Wilt
6. Bird
7. Bill Russell (not for his game, but the way he progressed the game)
8 to 10. Tim Duncan, Shaq, Hakeem, in no particular order that I could discern
11. Oscar Robertson
12 to 15. Kobe Bryant, John Havlicek (another massively underrated player), Rick Barry, Dr. J (including his ABA days)
16 to 20. David Robinson, John Stockton, Charles Barkley, Dirk Nowitzki, Lebron James
Isiah Thomas, Karl Malone, Kevin McHale will follow.

Players like Cousy, Baylor and the such are too far in the past.

EDIT: Forgot about West, who would be in the 12 to 16 spot, and the following group would be 17 to 21 instead.

Venti Quattro
10-10-2012, 01:26 PM
:lol Kobe only in the top 15
:lol Robinson in the top 20

ambchang
10-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Kobe won one MVP, two finals MVP, 14 All-NBA teams, 12 all-d team selections (some are highly questionable, but regardless) and 2 scoring titles
Robinson won one MVP, one DPoY, 10 All-NBA teams, 8 all-d team selections, rookie of the year, led the league scoring, rebounding and blocked shots once each, one of two players in the history of the league to rank in top 10 in 5 major statistical categories in one season (I think Larry Bird is the other), only player in the history of the league to rank top 5 in 3 major statistical category in one season.

I'd say pretty comparable.

Venti Quattro
10-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Robinson is a guy who continuously folded when things mattered. Hakeem owned his ass on the big stage, and so did Malone. You think Kobe is bad when it counts and/or just coat-tailed for rings? Look no further in your own backyard. The only thing that saved his bible-thumping ass is Duncan.

ambchang
10-10-2012, 01:53 PM
LOL, I have consistently mentioned how team accomplishments mean little to an individual's legacy in the playoffs. Sure, Robinson got embarrassed by Hakeem in the 95 playoffs, but those who regurgitate it continuously are simpletons who obviously did not watch the series. Hakeem scored most of his points on Rodman, not Robinson, while Robinson was double or triple teamed the entire series. The Rockets superior perimeter defense (and the shorter 3 pt line) allowed them to easily double Robinson and recover on the perimeter when need be, while the Spurs couldn't counter against the quicker perimeter of the Rockets.

The Spurs were horribly constructed in the 90s, when Robinson had a PG who made more than 1 3 pt FG in his entire playoff career (the same guy who was cut by the Rockets multiple times), he scored more/the same on better/similar FG% than he did in the regular season. Sure, GOAT would still step up and dominate the game, but then he is not a GOAT.

And thanks for confirming that Kobe and Robinson were comparable with your folding, coat-tailing comments, I guess I should put them in the same band instead of Kobe in a higher band now. I didn't even know my own contradictions until you pointed it out.

Venti Quattro
10-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Thanks for mentioning how much of a pussy he is by not guarding Hakeem most of the time.

Please, let's cut the bullshit. Kobe and Robinson are not cut from the same cloth. One is a closer and the other is a preacher.

ambchang
10-10-2012, 02:01 PM
Not guarding Hakeem is being a pussy? Kobe never guarded Hakeem either, so he was a pussy too? Did Kobe guard Durant? Westbrooke? Why did they even got Matt Barnes and Artest btw? For their unbelievable offensive prowess?

And Kobe is such a closer, that reams and reams of statistics showed how poorly he performed in the clutch. Feel free to ignore them.

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Not guarding Hakeem is being a pussy? Kobe never guarded Hakeem either, so he was a pussy too? Did Kobe guard Durant? Westbrooke? Why did they even got Matt Barnes and Artest btw? For their unbelievable offensive prowess?

And Kobe is such a closer, that reams and reams of statistics showed how poorly he performed in the clutch. Feel free to ignore them.

It's a well known and established fact that Kobe guards the opposing teams best player from PG-SF. In fact here is exhibit #1 that I'd like to submit into evidence:

This shit is prime-time, big-time homie...my nigga is the real deal :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBu28UwDzps

daspurs
10-10-2012, 04:51 PM
If only Jordan had to play against those tough Pacers, Nets, and Magic teams in the Finals, he'd have never won a ring..... :lol

:lol

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2012, 04:52 PM
find me something were Robinson can even come close to some shit like that....

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Kobe Blocks Duncan 3 Times In The Same Game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrfElBT_BOY

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Now Imma bout to really fuck with Spur fan.....for those of you young Spur fans this is must see TV and very good introduction into the Art of Hating Kobe Bryant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0HtbJFEzJM

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2012, 05:12 PM
^ one small little fact I forgot to mention is that Kobe dunked on Robinson and Duncan AT THE SAME TIME - TWICE in this game....sick sick sick..and never before done in the history of basketball....:lol

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Kobe has shown over the years that he has absolutely ZERO respect for Duncan and Robinson's in the paint defensive abilities...Kobe has pretty much shitted on every Spur player put in front of him...Kobe treated the Spurs Twin Towers just like Hakeem did...absolutely no respect....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQxgHgRh95Y

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2012, 05:17 PM
let me know if you want more Spur fan...I have shit trove of Kobe shitting on your team...real wet too....:lol

#41 Shoot Em Up
10-10-2012, 05:23 PM
:lol spurs

mavs>spurs
10-10-2012, 05:26 PM
:lol Kobe only in the top 15
:lol Robinson in the top 20

it's accurate, dick rider. kobe is about top 15-20 all time

btw, are all the mav krew's jocks clean? i want you to sniff it just to make sure..after that you need to do a load of socks, tbh.

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2012, 05:48 PM
it's accurate, dick rider. kobe is about top 15-20 all time

btw, are all the mav krew's jocks clean? i want you to sniff it just to make sure..after that you need to do a load of socks, tbh.

don't you have more important things to worry bout...stop sniffing around Purp-n-Yellow jock straps bitch...

Nowitzki Dealing With Sore Right Knee, May Require Surgery Oct 10, 2012 9:38 AM EDT

http://basketball.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Nowitzki_Dirk_dal_110528.jpg Dirk Nowitzki’s sore right knee kept him out of the Dallas Mavericks’ preseason game against FC Barcelona Regal, and arthroscopic surgery might be the next step.
“We’ll see how it responds,” Nowitzki said. “But the longer we wait, obviously the worse it is. If we have to do something, it’d be better to do it quick.
“But we’re still hopeful that this is a temporary thing. If we relax and rest it for a week and see how it goes, then we’ll have a better idea.”
Nowitzki started experiencing soreness in his right knee when training camp opened on Sept. 29.
“There was some swelling already when we started last week and the last two days, it didn’t really respond too well,” he said.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/223912/Nowitzki_Dealing_With_Sore_Right_Knee_May_Require_ Surgery#ixzz28wG6dxfJ

LkrFan
10-10-2012, 07:16 PM
^ Uh-oh. _irk is being a little softy per the Euro usual. Kobe played on worse throughout the RS and playoffs and got surgery in the offseason. _:lolrk

ambchang
10-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Koolaid man really stretching it with YouTube highlights now, which is like writing a book review after reading two sentences.

To top it off, Robinson played in the 90's, where digitized uploadable videos are comparatively rare, whereas Kobe played in the 00's, the dawn of the mass digital video age.

This is all common answer stuff that I should 't have to really type out, but then, I am talking to koolaid man.

ambchang
10-10-2012, 07:48 PM
^ Uh-oh. _irk is being a little softy per the Euro usual. Kobe played on worse throughout the RS and playoffs and got surgery in the offseason. _:lolrk

Better to have physical injuries than mental ones. The later of which can't be fixed and can case players to suddenly stop shooting in the 2nd half of a game7 playoff game.

Clipper Nation
10-10-2012, 07:50 PM
:lol wonder what happened to him?
He got humiliated over thinking that Kobe > Jordan (as well as thinking that Magic > Jordan) and disappeared, tbh.... :lol

BlackSwordsMan
10-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Cause he's a rapist.

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2012, 08:22 PM
MJ trumped his peers throughout his career and many of them were HOF'ers including Olajuwon, admiral, malone just to name a few. any team MJ defeated in the NBA finals would of c-stomped the shit out of the 01-02 New Jersey fucking Nets tbh

MJ is the true god of basketball and indubitably the best player to ever play this game on the planet, and you won't see anyone coming head to shoulder with him in the foreseeable future tbh

^ :lol really...indubitably? listen you guys byte off me style all the time but if you're gonna use words you've never heard of before until you saw me use it.... the least you could do is acknowledge Kool as the source ..ya big dummy you :lol

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Koolaid man really stretching it with YouTube highlights now, which is like writing a book review after reading two sentences.

To top it off, Robinson played in the 90's, where digitized uploadable videos are comparatively rare, whereas Kobe played in the 00's, the dawn of the mass digital video age.

This is all common answer stuff that I should 't have to really type out, but then, I am talking to koolaid man.

lemme know when you had enough...in the immortal words of Puffy..take that take that take that....:lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xUCJS9aky8

mavs>spurs
10-10-2012, 08:24 PM
^no you only use big words when posting as homeland security

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2012, 08:31 PM

you think it's by coincidence that lame fucker used indubitably....I use the word yesterday and now all of a sudden when it's never been used on this site he just happens to use it the day after...man I tell ya Heat fan just love sucking Laker fan nut sac :lol

go head suck me off..I'll turn my head and pretend I don't see it :lol

Latarian Milton
10-10-2012, 08:35 PM
^ :lol really...indubitably? listen you guys byte off me style all the time but if you're gonna use words you've never heard of before until you saw me use it.... the least you could do is acknowledge Kool as the source ..ya big dummy you :lol
sorry but you hold no patent for any word you used and thinking "indubitable" is a big word just reflects how limited you lexicon is tbh.

Latarian Milton
10-10-2012, 08:37 PM
you think it's by coincidence that lame fucker used indubitably....I use the word yesterday and now all of a sudden when it's never been used on this site he just happens to use it the day after...man I tell ya Heat fan just love sucking Laker fan nut sac :lol

go head suck me off..I'll turn my head and pretend I don't see it :lol
i can think of a bag of its synonyms in a second and i bet 90% of them are unknown to a sorry haughty fuck like you tbh

mavs>spurs
10-10-2012, 08:38 PM
i can think of a bag of its synonyms in a second and i bet 90% of them are unknown to a sorry haughty fuck like you tbh

:lmao

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2012, 08:41 PM
sorry but you hold no patent for any word you used and thinking "indubitable" is a big word just reflects how limited you lexicon is tbh.

just acknowledge me as your source...your teacher....:toast .so I used one word that you've never seen before and you felt it worthy of imitation...Imma about to use another word you've never heard of...you ready? Here it is --> PUSSY

Koolaid_Man
10-10-2012, 08:43 PM

ummm excuse me don't be mad I busted your ass for imitating Kool...but now PUSSY is the new word....go read about it....:lol I got my teachers hat on now...

Latarian Milton
10-10-2012, 09:05 PM
just acknowledge me as your source...your teacher....:toast .so I used one word that you've never seen before and you felt it worthy of imitation...Imma about to use another word you've never heard of...you ready? Here it is --> PUSSY
sorry but every word you think as a new word either has been used for centuries or has never existed in any edition of oxford dictionary tbh

HI-FI
10-10-2012, 09:22 PM
latarian milton making a serious case for potm tbh

Latarian is carpet bombing these niggas with truth bombs
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/3417944_o.gif

DMC
10-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Indubitably

DMC
10-10-2012, 11:06 PM
Something else these Jack Off Kings fail to realize...

Kobe went back to back with NO HOF'ers on his team...MJ had Pippen for the ride who was considered 1st ballot when he played and is now...He also had HOF'er Dennis Rodman...

Wade is a first ballot HOF'er and Bosh will easily get in so Lebron had 2 HOF'ers on his team when he rang...

I dare any Spur fan to say that Tony Parker and Manu aren't HOF worthy players....what's sad in this case is that Duncan was playing with HOF'ers and couldn't even defend his crown not once....

So what Kobe's done is no small feat..He not only went back to back with No Shaq but that nigga did it without any Hall Of Fame players....:toast
ES. Kobe had 5 HOFers on his team and couldn't rang.

Sean Cagney
10-11-2012, 02:06 AM
I've already thoroughly disproved your small minded theory..If Shaq couldn't win with 3 All-Star Guards --> Penny Hardaway, Van Exel, and Eddie Jones but he could win with Kobe...I think the answer is clear...Shaq needed Kobe way more than Kobe needed Shaq...in fact I also have another card that trumps your bullshit hand...what have they done when not playing together....lemme see:

Kobe 2
Shaq 1

You may now proceed to suck my dick

YOu didn't do shit you clown, STFU already Shaq 3 finals MVP's with Kobe on the team! Now go smack yourself once again because you are a dickriding faggot.

Sean Cagney
10-11-2012, 02:09 AM
:lol spurs

:lol:lol:lol One ring and done.. STFU clown :lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

whitemamba
10-11-2012, 02:12 AM
texas duel?

Sean Cagney
10-11-2012, 02:15 AM
Thanks for mentioning how much of a pussy he is by not guarding Hakeem most of the time.

Please, let's cut the bullshit. Kobe and Robinson are not cut from the same cloth. One is a closer and the other is a preacher.Oh yeah, but your ace Defender and all D first team could not guard Hamilton nor Billups in 04 when they were going off! Lets not mention Pierce or Allen in 08 too who went off, he instead guarded Prince and Rondo, not the guys going off! BUT HE IS ALL D every year, but could not rotate at all go guard or try to shut those guys down or even slow them! WHY? ACE DEFENDER? Most overrated defender of all times it seems at times he is. FACT.

ambchang
10-11-2012, 09:29 AM
No video will ever top this though
py0uKKWIkvo

Killakobe81
10-11-2012, 10:13 AM
PJax, Pippen etc. Are just slow... I have maintained on this forum for over 4 years that LBJ has the natural God given gifts to not only surpass Kobe but MJ too. Funny how the media AND NBA LEGENDS jumps on this AFTER HE RINGS ... I guess rings are NOT just team accomplishments as some morons maintain on here ...as for Kobe he ain't MJ just second best sinceo MJ until LeBron passes them both ...

ambchang
10-11-2012, 10:15 AM
LOL, individuals win rings. The NBA should just have 450 teams of one individual go at each other, instead of 30 teams of 15 then.

And Kobe 2nd best to Jordan in what, being a SG? Lebron is not a SG, so he can't pass Kobe on that one.

Killakobe81
10-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Not second best all time just since ...MJ. Not sure LeBron will pass them both but he has that potential. It's too late for Kobe to pass MJ even if he rangs two more times ... But amb I expected you to be one of the first responders to my post, glad to know I can count on you to be yourself.

ambchang
10-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Kobe was the 2nd best since Jordan retired? Who was in front of him, Shaq or Duncan? I personally would put Kobe 3rd best since Jordan retired.

Of course I was the first responders to your post, you talked about a point which I have always been strongly opposed to.

It's like me coming in and saying Kobe is overrated as hell on a team that has a history of having overrated players.

Clipper Nation
10-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Wait... Lakerfan is really arguing that rings aren't a team accomplishment? Tell that to Iverson, who never rang in his prime because the Sixers completely cheaped out on his supporting cast....

ambchang
10-11-2012, 01:08 PM
For fans of a team that has seen so much team success throughout their history, I would have thought that they would be the first people to understand the importance of having great team management.

I mean, that whole notion of close players having # of rings as a tie-breaker is not logical at all.

For example, let's say Kobe and Duncan are close (which I do not agree), now Kobe has 5 rings, and Duncan has 4, so the line of thought is that the # of rings is the tie breaker, and therefore Kobe > Duncan.

But we all know that Kobe rang in 09 and 10 because of shrewd front office moves that brought him a very well balanced team. What if the Pau trade never happened? Quite sure that Kobe wouldn't have rang in 09 and 10, but then Kobe would only have 3 rings, which would make it Kobe < Duncan.

In the above hypothetical, Kobe's skill set and individual accomplishments didn't change, the ONLY thing that changed was the presence of Pau, so why would a player's greatness be based on the presence or absence of a teammate, to which he has absolutely no control over (other than "leaking" a profanity laced tirade from some parking lot)? It just makes no sense at all.

FkLA
10-11-2012, 01:26 PM
Wait... Lakerfan is really arguing that rings aren't a team accomplishment? Tell that to Iverson, who never rang in his prime because the Sixers completely cheaped out on his supporting cast....

Its funny how shit like that works. One chucker is crucified and called a cancer because he couldnt ring with weak teams. The other chucker is blessed with great casts, wins rings, and is compared to the GOAT. Its ridiculous tbh.

Koolaid_Man
10-11-2012, 01:28 PM
For fans of a team that has seen so much team success throughout their history, I would have thought that they would be the first people to understand the importance of having great team management.

I mean, that whole notion of close players having # of rings as a tie-breaker is not logical at all.

For example, let's say Kobe and Duncan are close (which I do not agree), now Kobe has 5 rings, and Duncan has 4, so the line of thought is that the # of rings is the tie breaker, and therefore Kobe > Duncan.

But we all know that Kobe rang in 09 and 10 because of shrewd front office moves that brought him a very well balanced team. What if the Pau trade never happened? Quite sure that Kobe wouldn't have rang in 09 and 10, but then Kobe would only have 3 rings, which would make it Kobe < Duncan.

In the above hypothetical, Kobe's skill set and individual accomplishments didn't change, the ONLY thing that changed was the presence of Pau, so why would a player's greatness be based on the presence or absence of a teammate, to which he has absolutely no control over (other than "leaking" a profanity laced tirade from some parking lot)? It just makes no sense at all.

^ guess what bitch...we ship his ass out as Kobe said...

Furthermore Kobe was right then and he's right now..his teammates have been a joke...and he should do this more often if you ask me:

While the difference between then-starting Lakers point guard Smush Parker and current starter Steve Nash is obvious, Bryant wasn’t shy in trashing Parker and some of his other former teammates, according to a recent Orange County Register report (http://lakers.ocregister.com/2012/10/10/kobe-smush-parker-was-the-worst/74123/).

Bryant called Parker “the worst” and said “he shouldn’t have been in the NBA but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. So we let him walk on.”

Kobe then lashed out at some other former Lakers.

“I almost won an MVP with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown on my team,” Bryant said in the report before Wednesday’s 93-75 exhibition loss to Portland. “I was shooting 45 times a game. What was I supposed to do? Pass it to Chris Mihm or Kwame Brown?”

Ouch. Tell us how you really feel, Kobe.

My nigga :toast

Koolaid_Man
10-11-2012, 01:35 PM
My nigga Kobe is on a roll..here's what he said about Jodie Meeks in practice:

Kobe on Jodie Meeks competing for time in camp: "That's not fair. Jodie has to guard me every day in practice so he ain't looking too good."

More Kobe on Meeks: "I've been murdering that dude. I've been kicking his ass. I've been torching that MFer."

snickles
10-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Spur fan can lick my ass up and down till their tongues turn doo-doo brown...

so youre saying you dont know how to wipe your ass?

Koolaid_Man
10-11-2012, 01:45 PM
so youre saying you dont know how to wipe your ass?

I'm actually giving you a golden opportunity ;-)

snickles
10-11-2012, 01:46 PM

luc longley, bison dele, bill winnington, and stacey king say hi.

Koolaid_Man
10-11-2012, 01:50 PM
luc longley, bison dele, bill winnington, and stacey king say hi.

hey snickles the ass sniffer....tell me what team you got: :lol

Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, Brian Cook, Luke Walton vs. Luc Longley, Bison Dele (RIP), Bill Winnington, Stacey King....

Clipper Nation
10-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Years later, and not for old-ass J:lols:loln K:loldd like Food Stamps wanted....

snickles
10-11-2012, 02:00 PM
hey snickles the ass sniffer....tell me what team you got: :lol

thats cute. it almost makes some kind of sense and is close to clever.

Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, Brian Cook, Luke Walton vs. Luc Longley, Bison Dele (RIP), Bill Winnington, Stacey King....

well team bulls has the size advantage, while team lakers has a ball handler and some shooters. and is there a point to comparing random players from different years? or are you just grasping here?

snickles
10-11-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm actually giving you a golden opportunity ;-)

no no no. anything "golden" has to do with urine. you'd think a laker fan would know this.

Koolaid_Man
10-11-2012, 02:10 PM
no no no. anything "golden" has to do with urine. you'd think a laker fan would know this.

my shit is usually golden brown...have at it since your mind is on it and you're obviously already contemplating it :lol

ambchang
10-11-2012, 02:14 PM

After 6 years and 2 championships? Kobe was proven wrong in this one.

Furthermore Kobe was right then and he's right now..his teammates have been a joke...and he should do this more often if you ask me:

Kobe then lashed out at some other former Lakers.

Ouch. Tell us how you really feel, Kobe.

My nigga :toast

Koolaid man celebrating classlessness like he's supposed to, no surprises here.

Koolaid_Man
10-11-2012, 02:30 PM
After 6 years and 2 championships? Kobe was proven wrong in this one.

Koolaid man celebrating classlessness like he's supposed to, no surprises here.

it's just who I am...that's why Kobe and I are cut from the same cloth....:king

ambchang
10-11-2012, 02:38 PM
it's just who I am...that's why Kobe and I are cut from the same cloth....:king

People who massively overrate their own self-worth?

I don't know man, in terms of accomplishments, Kobe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Koolaid Man. Even Smush Parker is crushing you.

Koolaid_Man
10-11-2012, 02:59 PM
People who massively overrate their own self-worth?

I don't know man, in terms of accomplishments, Kobe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Koolaid Man. Even Smush Parker is crushing you.

I'd rather not be in Smush's foot steps....and I'm sure I have more dough than he has...he didn't play that long and it was on bullshit contracts....

ambchang
10-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Are you a male nurse too?

Stephen A. Smith
10-11-2012, 03:24 PM
Kobe and I are cut from the same cloth.

Quite frankly that's the nastiest shitbomb of an insult I've seen anyone drop on The Mamba in all my time here.

Koolaid_Man
10-11-2012, 03:29 PM
Quite frankly that's the nastiest shitbomb of an insult I've seen anyone drop on The Mamba in all my time here.

even worse than Gloria calling Delonte her baby daddy....:lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ_xaTbMYUM

Ace
10-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Kobe is one of the most talented players to ever play the game and scoring wise, even defensive wise at one point, was every bit as good as Jordan. His down fall is he simply didn't trust his team mates and didn't try to be the all around player he has shown he could be. It's idiotic for anyone to really believe Kobe doesn't deserve to be mention as an all time great. Dude was a beast.

Koolaid_Man
10-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Kobe is one of the most talented players to ever play the game and scoring wise, even defensive wise at one point, was every bit as good as Jordan. His down fall is he simply didn't trust his team mates and didn't try to be the all around player he has shown he could be. It's idiotic for anyone to really believe Kobe doesn't deserve to be mention as an all time great. Dude was a beast.

Lebron didn't trust his either so he left and went to Miami :lol....he also quit in a series against Boston when it could have meant the difference in going to the finals or going home...

how easy we forget

mavs>spurs
10-11-2012, 07:07 PM
lol fat mexican spur fan masquerading as a bicurious laker fan