PDA

View Full Version : SpursTalk.com Official Draft Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kori Ellis
06-26-2005, 04:18 PM
The 2005 NBA Draft is Tuesday night. Please post all your thoughts on the draft in this one thread.

Thanks.

timvp
06-26-2005, 04:20 PM
timvp will come out with his fifth annual Spurs draft cheat sheet on Monday night. We'll also post some sort of vBookie so people can guess who the Spurs draft.

:smokin

spurster
06-26-2005, 04:21 PM
Trade it. Use it as a sweetener to trade Rasho for a shorter-term contract.

timvp
06-26-2005, 04:24 PM
My initial thoughts are that if you are going to keep the pick, the elusive Long Three would be a good place to start.

T Park
06-26-2005, 04:25 PM
It would be nice to trade up.

I don't know of any long threes in the draft.

Maybe the pick plus Nesterovic for Battier?

That would be nice.

ChumpDumper
06-26-2005, 04:26 PM
It's quite a deep draft and there are more than few good SF projects at 28 and beyond. I wouldn't mind trading #28 for two second rounders -- several teams have them. Or maybe just buy a 2nd rounder with cash.

T Park
06-26-2005, 04:30 PM
Or maybe just buy a 2nd rounder with cash.

you KNOW that aint happenin.

Holt: What the hell!!! 90 grand for a draft pick????

Kori Ellis
Does anyone know a lot about this guy ...

Ersan Ilyasova 6-9 209 SF Turkey 1987

That's who I think the Spurs might draft if he falls to #28. Lon Babby is his agent and he stopped working out with NBA teams because he supposedly has an unwritten guarantee that an unnamed team is going to draft him.

timvp
Scouts are calling this the deepest draft EVER. Plus with this being the last year of high schoolers, there are more players to pick from.

Another new wrinkle to consider is you can draft an American and now put him in the NBDL for two years, so the European cultivating advantage might have ended.

jalbre6
06-26-2005, 04:31 PM
First pick: C Andrew Bogut, Utah.

At #28, the Spurs pick: SG/SF Julius Hodge, NC State.

Overrated: The two Texas HS kids, SF Gerald Green and SG CJ Miles.

Underrated: PF Brandon Bass from LSU, PG Nate Robinson from Washington, SF Ryan Gomes from Providence.

Antoine Wright goes to: the Lakers w/ pick #10.

jalbre6
06-26-2005, 04:32 PM
Does anyone know a lot about this guy ...

Ersan Ilyasova 6-9 209 SF Turkey 1987

That's who I think the Spurs might draft if he falls to #28. Lon Babby is his agent and he stopped working out with NBA teams because he supposedly has an unwritten guarantee that an unnamed team is going to draft him.

Ersan Ilyasova
Birthdate: 5/15/87
NBA Position: Small Forward
Ht: 6-9
Wt: 210
Int Team: Ulker Istanbul
Hometown: Eskisehir, Turkey

Strengths: A special talent ... Dynamic, charismatic player with a great feel for the game ... Combines freakish athleticism with a great skill set ... Has enormous potential ... Seems to rise when it matters most... One of Turkey's best prospects eve r... Shoots well, has a good face the basket game with the ability to shoot off the dribble ... Has great vision and creativity ... Handles the ball exceptionally well ... Perimeter skills are very advanced for his age ... Understands the game and always seems to be two steps ahead of his opponenets ...

Weaknesses: Lacks experience, hasn't really proven himself on the senior level ... Has had a history of injury problems, specifically to his ankles... Still coming off an injury ... Must show that his ankle injury is not a lingering problem... Weak Physically, must develop more strength ...

Notes: Had an issue with his age, there is a chance he is actually 1984 born. NBA scouts went absolutely gaga over him playing for the Turkish U18 team during the summer...

T Park
06-26-2005, 04:33 PM
Ersan Ilyasova 6-9 209 SF Turkey

Chad Ford thought the Spurs might be drafting him as well.

Turkish??

Didn't that experience fail!!!??? haha

6'9 and hes 18???
wow....

timvp
06-26-2005, 04:34 PM
PG Nate Robinson

This is who I wanted the Spurs to draft last season in the second round. He might be a reach in the first round this year, but it could work out. Put him next to Parker and run teams out of the building. Being a 5'9" shooting guard will hurt him, but he's the most athletic player in the draft and an energy player the Spurs could use when things get slowed down.

I'd say he's a bigger, stronger version of Earl Boykins without as good of a jumper.

T Park
06-26-2005, 04:38 PM
I'd say he's a bigger, stronger version of Earl Boykins without as good of a jumper

Do the Spurs have the coaching staff to develop a jumper??

Tony Parker has yet to get his fixed....

jalbre6
06-26-2005, 04:39 PM
This is who I wanted the Spurs to draft last season in the second round. He might be a reach in the first round this year, but it could work out. Put him next to Parker and run teams out of the building. Being a 5'9" shooting guard will hurt him, but he's the most athletic player in the draft and an energy player the Spurs could use when things get slowed down.

I'd say he's a bigger, stronger version of Earl Boykins without as good of a jumper.

I think if the Spurs want him, they have to use their #28 pick. I'll be shocked if Atlanta doesn't grab him with the #1 pick/31 overall pick in the second round.

42+ inch vertical, and runs a 4.4 flat 40. He also averaged 4 rebounds and 2 steals a game in college.

timvp
06-26-2005, 04:46 PM
They say that Robinson would be a first round pick in the NFL as a cornerback. But he wants to play basketball. I've watched him a lot in college and I think he can make it. Pair him with Parker or Beno in spurts or let him run the point sometimes.

At worst you have a crowd favorite. At best you have a tough guy with a football mentality who will attack the rim throw his body around.

texbumTHElife
06-26-2005, 04:46 PM

Mugsy Bogues?

I really thinkt hat if he is available Charlie Villanueva is worth the risk. The kid has potential through the roof. He is big, fast, athletic and jumps through the roof. At pick #28 the salary wont be so ridiculous it wouldnt be worth the risk. Sign him to a three year rookie deal and trade him next year if he really crashes and burns. As young as he is with is frame someone will give him a shot.

If not Villanueva then Gomes, Garcia, Hodge, Davd Lee or Matt Walsh.

Realistically if Pop can get him to play better D I think matt Walsh could just be exactly what the Spurs need. Tremendous passer with handles and a good jump shot. Maybe trade down into the early part of round two and pick him up.

T Park
06-26-2005, 04:49 PM
Villanueva is intriguing.

Lazy on defense though, does NOT sound like Spurs material.

Julius Hodge is interesting.

Kori Ellis
06-26-2005, 04:49 PM
Other than Tim Duncan, when was the last time that the Spurs drafted an American with a first round pick?

I'm only mentioning this because a lot of you are suggesting an American player.

texbumTHElife
06-26-2005, 04:51 PM
Villanueva is intriguing.

Lazy on defense though, does NOT sound like Spurs material.

Glenn Robinson ring a bell? ;)

T Park
06-26-2005, 04:51 PM
if you want to be technical

John Salmons

one they kept??

maybe Cory Alexander

Kori Ellis
06-26-2005, 04:52 PM
Yeah, I meant one that they kept. So 10 years ago in Alexander.

T Park
06-26-2005, 04:52 PM
very true you got me there tex lol.

Robinson came in with a good attitude, once again, we dont know what his tude is.

It could be good and hed work on D who knows...

I doubt though the Spurs draft an american, it seems no their deal.

It would be cool to lock up a 6 11 SF though.

jalbre6
06-26-2005, 04:53 PM
I like Matt Walsh quite a bit. His game is much like Dallas' Marquis Daniels, who, if you remember, wasn't drafted. Except he's more of a hustle player rather than relying on finesse.

I say grab him if you can.

T Park
06-26-2005, 04:53 PM
yeah

wait you said after Duncan lol

he was before my bad...

dang.....99 was Leon Smith

2000 i guess they didnt have one

01 was Parker
02 was Salmons for Speedy
03 was Barbosa
o4 Beno

jalbre6
06-26-2005, 04:58 PM
They say that Robinson would be a first round pick in the NFL as a cornerback. But he wants to play basketball. I've watched him a lot in college and I think he can make it. Pair him with Parker or Beno in spurts or let him run the point sometimes.

At worst you have a crowd favorite. At best you have a tough guy with a football mentality who will attack the rim throw his body around.

As good as the four U-Dub guards are, Robinson is easily the best one of them.

In the Spurs defensive scheme, a little guy who can bang around getting floor burns would fit perfectly with Bowen harassing perimeter players and Duncan filling up the inside.

The size thing doesn't really concern me, if the guy has the mindset that he can run with anyone playing his position. That 42 vert might help out too.

thispego
06-26-2005, 04:59 PM
ehhhh that guy is good

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-26-2005, 04:59 PM
Is Nemanja Aleksandrov draft eligible?

We need to draft that kid.

Kori Ellis
06-26-2005, 05:01 PM
He withdrew from the draft.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-26-2005, 05:03 PM
He withdrew from the draft.

He did?

Why?

He'll probably go number 1 in '06.

jalbre6
06-26-2005, 05:04 PM
http://wildcat.arizona.edu/papers/97/photo_spreads/basketball_uw/8.jpg

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/050312/050312_washington_hmed_6p.hmedium.jpg

http://www.draftcity.com/gallery/NateRobinson/1109723716.jpg

http://nbadraft.net/profiles/largepics/naterobinson.jpg

Kori Ellis
06-26-2005, 05:09 PM
He did?

Why?

He'll probably go number 1 in '06.

Because of his injuries and because he's not ready. They project him to be the number 1 pick in 2007 (or even 2008) not in 2006. He said he might play 2 or 3 more years in Europe. He's only 18.

Samr
06-26-2005, 05:12 PM
Ok DRAFT HIM!!!!!

http://www.jimcarreyonline.com/pics/dumb/pics/dumb04.jpg

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-26-2005, 05:20 PM
Have the Spurs worked out Ersan Ilyasova?

timvp
06-26-2005, 05:26 PM
Have the Spurs worked out Ersan Ilyasova?

I haven't heard names of anyone the Spurs have worked out. It's been under wraps this season.

The most I heard is the day after they won the championship, they were working out some college players.

Mr. Body
06-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Nate Robinson is far too little for our defensive scheme and doesn't fill a need. We're stacked at guard.

Villaneuva is not Spurs material and will likely be a bust. He hasn't the mentality.

Ilyasova is intriguing but has a bad ankle injury. Also, if he is three years older than people think, suddenly his potential isn't quite the same. He's wowing people as an 18 yr old, but wouldn't at 21.

The Spurs will absolutely draft a long SF to understudy Bowen, since they're short in supply and not available throughout the league. (Those suggesting we can peel Battier off Memphis, much less for Nesterovic, are smoking something.) Ryan Gomes, Mickael Gelabele are possibilities. Julius Hodges would be a stretch, as would Francisco Garcia.

There is a slight possibility they might draft some size, if they do expect to dump Rasho. Someone like Turiaf, a real bruiser, or a total prospect like Blatsche or Bynum, if he falls so far, not likely. I wouldn't be surprised if they take a flier on a decent high school player or a young European - they don't really need anybody to come in next year, especially since Luis Scola is coming in and fulfills the 'one rookie a year' thing the team has going.

Ultimately I expect to be completely surprised by what they do. I'm sure they'll consider trading down into the second round, hopefully for a couple of them, since the draft is deep with prospects. Where they are won't get them much, however.

Kori Ellis
06-26-2005, 06:18 PM
Ilyasova is intriguing but has a bad ankle injury. Also, if he is three years older than people think, suddenly his potential isn't quite the same. He's wowing people as an 18 yr old, but wouldn't at 21.

I think his ankle injury might cause him to drop to the Spurs. I'm only assuming that the Spurs have already worked him out because of the Lon Babby connection.

I don't know all the details on his age discrepancy thing, but wouldn't he have to produce some sort of birth certificate or passport and prove his age before the draft? Because you are right, there's a big difference between 18 and 21.

texbumTHElife
06-26-2005, 06:18 PM
I want one of the Florida white boys Matt Walsh or David Lee.

texbumTHElife
06-26-2005, 06:19 PM
I think his ankle injury might cause him to drop to the Spurs. I'm only assuming that the Spurs have already worked him out because of the Lon Babby connection.

I don't know all the details on his age discrepancy thing, but wouldn't he have to produce some sort of birth certificate or passport and prove his age before the draft? Because you are right, there's a big difference between 18 and 21.

Hey they get away with it in the Little League! :blah

I have reports that there are people who believe Dikembe Mutumbo is as much as 8 years older than his birth certificate says.

Kori Ellis
06-26-2005, 06:22 PM
I know that the Spurs worked out Brandon Bass out of LSU yesterday.

timvp
06-26-2005, 06:22 PM
Talking about age discrepancy, I wouldn't mind Francisco Garcia on the Spurs.

:smokin

http://www.caribbeanflags.com/images/products/DO/DOJUMFL2.JPG

Kori Ellis
06-26-2005, 06:24 PM
I understand the Spurs are working out Saint Joseph’s forward/center Dwayne Jones next week, which is interesting because he's not expected to go until mid/late 2nd round.

JUUOT
06-26-2005, 06:25 PM
i would defintly go for GELABELE cause he is so UNDERRATED a la bowen. i have said it several time now in deifferent thread but this kid knows what he wants and he is good phiscally and he understands the game.
plus let be honest i have the right to do some homerism go FRANCE

yavozerb
06-26-2005, 06:27 PM
I think they should draft a young center (maybe blatche if available) and trade rasho for a moderatly payed sf who is an astablished player already in the leauge and this should also allow is some $ for the argentin who playes PF in europe (mind went blank on name)....dont forget that we very often move tim to center against most teams....

jalbre6
06-26-2005, 06:29 PM
I know that the Spurs worked out Brandon Bass out of LSU yesterday.

I was going to write how I thought Bass favorably compared to fellow LSU alum Stromile Swift until I saw whos name was under his picture on NBAdraft.net.

Check it out. http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/brandonbass.asp

:lol

Horry For 3!
06-26-2005, 06:48 PM

Nate Robinson can dunk the ball good. He is almost like a Spud Webb. That dude has ups. He is a pretty good shooter too. I watched this one game where he hit like 4 3pters in a row or something like that.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-26-2005, 07:03 PM
The suspects:

1. Ilyasova
2. Ryan Gomes
3. Mickael Gelabale
4. Jason Maxiell
5. Sean Banks
6. Ian Mahinmi
7. Stefano Mancinelli

Having said all that, I think we trade out of the first round for a second rounder and a future second rounder.

jalbre6
06-26-2005, 07:22 PM
I think Ilyasova(sp?) will be taken by Sacramento or Denver a few spots before our pick. Is Shawn Banks the guy from Memphis? He's like a 6'9" SF that got kicked off the team by Calipari, right?

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2005, 08:19 PM
Perhaps this hasn't been mentioned yet, but since the new CBA gives teams an option after the 2nd year of a guaranteed 1st round rookie contract, the Spurs might be more inclined to keep their pick instead of dealing it.

Gino2882
06-26-2005, 08:59 PM
Here are some VERY good profiles on some players I think the Spurs will be really interested in.

Mickael Gelabale (fits SF need)

http://draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=104#

Johan Petro (big man depth) future center

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=45

Ryan Gomes (SF/PF)

Yaroslav Korolev (SF)

THOUGHTS?

JUUOT
06-26-2005, 09:36 PM
Gino 2882 gelabele is my clear cut favorite.
plus as marcys said he can be developed for one more year in his european team. so it would be perfect... i know i repeat myself but for having heard interview of the guy on the french radio he is just so perfect spur material.
bowen and the team could transform this kid in gold.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2005, 09:38 PM
If the Spurs draft and keep any international player with their 1st round pick they will likely bring him over.

JUUOT
06-26-2005, 09:47 PM
that is fine with me bring him over to compete with ljIII

http://www.draftcity.com/viewprofile.php?p=104

Mr. Body
06-26-2005, 10:06 PM
I tend to think Gelabele is the front runner, too. And that he'd come over right away to develop/bulk up/etc. I'd take him in a heart beat over Linton Johnson, who won't amount to anything.

Jdspur20
06-26-2005, 10:49 PM

reminds me of speedy

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-26-2005, 11:18 PM
The Spurs tend to surprise me, and most everyone else, almost every year. I'd put my V-dollars on them pulling some crazy azz find or trade out of their arses again this year.

Guru of Nothing
06-26-2005, 11:42 PM
The Spurs tend to surprise me, and most everyone else, almost every year. I'd put my V-dollars on them pulling some crazy azz find or trade out of their arses again this year.

I'm down with a vBookie bet - None of the Above.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-27-2005, 12:08 AM
Why don't we draft that cat who was rim rockin' back in pre-K.

Jesus.

He'd be perfect on this team.

I head he doesn't even have to be in the building and he''d still get 40/25/20/10 on ya ass!

http://www.realcatholic.com/ProductImages/firstcommunion/EN223981.jpg

Jesus... number 18

CalsonicKansei
06-27-2005, 12:52 AM
I have a queston. is the minimum that they pay is 320k?

T Park
06-27-2005, 04:58 AM
NBADraft.Net has the Spurs drafting Luther Head.

Yeah right.......

Gino2882
06-27-2005, 07:34 AM
Gelabale also appears to be a VERY solid pick IMO. A long SF with pure skills on the offensive and defensive end od the floor. There are some concerns about his frame, he needs to add weight and doesnt really have the frame to do so.

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 09:26 AM
NBADraft.Net has the Spurs drafting Luther Head.

Yeah right.......

A lot of places say that the Spurs are looking at Luther Head. He had the best performance at the Chicago Pre-Draft Camp and teams believe that he can run the point in the NBA.

Gino2882
06-27-2005, 09:36 AM
I dont see Head as a PG. He had a very good career at Illinois and I live in the Big Ten area and saw a lot of him. He is a very good player. But, I dont see him as a Spurs PG.

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 09:38 AM
I dont see Head as a PG. He had a very good career at Illinois and I live in the Big Ten area and saw a lot of him. He is a very good player. But, I dont see him as a Spurs PG.

A lot of people don't believe that he can play point guard in the NBA. That's why he'll likely drop out of the first round. But after Chicago camp, many scouts changed their minds about that and that's why some teams are taking a look at him for backup point.

Gino2882
06-27-2005, 10:27 AM
Head as a 3rd PG would work. He could handle that. I like him as a SG.

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 10:30 AM
I like him as a SG.

Don't you think he's too small to play SG in the NBA?

mookie2001
06-27-2005, 10:45 AM
why the stuff would we draft head?
what a bullshit pickpick

TNT21
06-27-2005, 11:27 AM
What about that highschool kid, damn I can't remember his name right now, but he's 7'0 about 300lbs, looks like he had a good HS career and was dominant at the McDonalds All Star game. He might not be a bad "project", but I doubt the Spurs would take a HS kid.

Gino2882
06-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Head could play a combo backcourt rule.

Gino2882
06-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Andrew Bynum is the big high schooler.

E20
06-27-2005, 01:19 PM
http://nbadraft.net/profiles/headshots/luther-head-hd.jpg
Luther Head
Birthdate: 11/26/82
NBA Position: Shooting Guard
College: Illinois
Class: Senior
Ht: 6-3
Wt: 185
Hometown: Chicago, IL
High School: Manley
Team Site Profile (http://fightingillini.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/head_luther00.html)

NBA Comparison: Eddie House

Strengths: High speed, high energy player… Very hard to guard as he’s constantly moving… Good elevation and form on jumper… Can create his own shot… Gets to the rim and finishes well… good leaping ability… Attacks the hoop and doesn’t back down when he’s met by bigger players… Moves well without the ball and knows how to come off screens and use other players… Clutch. Not afraid to take big shots in crucial points of the game… Very confident… Not easily rattled or taken out of his game… Decent dribbling skills and can take his man off the dribble with ease… Terrific work ethic… Has shown a dramatic improvement in each of his four years at Illinois…

Weaknesses: Head is between positions as he lacks the size to play the NBA 2-guard and hasn’t shown the overall skills to play the point full time… Hasn’t had the opportunity to play point at Illinois because of Deron Williams and Dee Brown, but has good passing and ball handling abilities… Needs to show that he can lead a team and control the offense… Poor shot selection at times… He has all the physical tools to be a great defensive player but has yet to show that he can lock someone down… Maturity issues as he had off-court problems during his junior year…

Notes: Gets lost in the shuffle with Dee Brown and Deron williams on the team, but some feel he is the best player of the bunch.

-Mike Apodaca 12/26/04

Too small to play SG in the pro's and according to http://nbadraft.net he is to inexperienced to run the point.

TNT21
06-27-2005, 01:33 PM
Andrew Bynum is the big high schooler.

Yeah, that's the kid! Why not take a chance on him? At worst, he produces more than Rasho! :lol

Rasho Fan 88
06-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Rasho is good. He just had a bad year. Give him a chance.Hes better than Nazr.

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2005, 02:18 PM
Considering that the Spurs' pick comes with a low guaranteed salary, that they will have an option after the 2nd year of that rookie contract now, and that they don't have their 1st round pick next year, I won't be surprised to see the Spurs keep the pick and draft a really young player (ie 18 year old), someone they believe is a year or two away from making an impact. Since they can send a player down to the NBDL that makes it all the more worthwhile...

Gino2882
06-27-2005, 02:33 PM
The problem with Bynum is most feel he will be gona by the time the Spurs pick. However, if Bynum is there he DEFINITELY has to receive consideration along with the SFs and another big guy that I really like. That other big guy is Johan Petro and he has serious skills for a 7 footer. He is 7'0 260 and has atheletic ability.

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 04:56 PM
E.J. Rowland, point guard from St. Mary's also supposedly worked out with the Spurs. He might not even get drafted but is hoping to get on their summer league team.

jalbre6
06-27-2005, 04:58 PM
E.J. Rowland, point guard from St. Mary's also supposedly worked out with the Spurs. He might not even get drafted but is hoping to get on their summer league team.

When she says St. Mary's, she means the one that plays in Gonzaga and Pepperdine's conference.

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 05:02 PM
When she says St. Mary's, she means the one that plays in Gonzaga and Pepperdine's conference.

Sorry, I assumed everyone would know that. I would never even think of St Mary's in San Antonio.

jalbre6
06-27-2005, 05:03 PM
Sorry, I assumed everyone would know that. I would never even think of St Mary's in San Antonio.

:lol

Robert Reed and Henry James both came from the local St. Mary's, so I was just clarifying for ya (that, and I remembered Rowland from playing against Cal last season).

Gino2882
06-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Whoelse is on the Mickael Gorabele bandwagon? He reminds me of a younger, more athletic Bruce Bowen.

Gino2882
06-27-2005, 06:33 PM
Tony Parker is much more of a PG than Head...And who cares I am pretty sure the Spurs wont draft him anyway.

Here is a player who would make a very good SF to groom behind Bruce. Mickael Gelabale. Here is a video of him and you can find his profile linked on page 3 I believe.

jalbre6
06-27-2005, 06:38 PM
http://www.realcatholic.com/ProductImages/firstcommunion/EN223981.jpg
Jesus... number 18

Wouldn't Jesus wear #1? And would he wear a brown robe on the road?

Gino2882
06-27-2005, 06:38 PM
A link to the Gelabale page. Some videos and lots of stories on him. The only knock on this guy is his strength. Which can be fixed. This guy loves to play defense and has athletic ability as evidenced in these videos.

Gino2882
06-27-2005, 06:45 PM
Wow. Even if you dont want the Spurs to draft Gelabale check out some of those videos. This guy can ABSOLUTELY JUMP. He makes some amazing dunks on those highlight videos.

6'8 200 with long arms, GREAT hops, intensity, defensive want to, and a team player.

timvp
06-27-2005, 06:49 PM
Where is the link you speak so highly of? :)

Gino2882
06-27-2005, 06:58 PM
Oh sorry, lol.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=104#

The videos are under the links section.

Mr. Body
06-27-2005, 07:59 PM
If there's talk of drafting Bynum, why not look at Blatsche, who could play SF or a mobile PF? But I doubt there'll be a high schooler.

Luther Head serves no purpose on this team.

I think Gelabale will be considered.

timvp
06-27-2005, 08:27 PM
I don't think you can totally discount the drafting of Luther Head. He was the MVP of the Chicago camp and his reviews are similar to what we were hearing about Beno Udrih last year at about this time. If the Spurs don't believe in Udrih anymore, they might give Head a look.

Manu20
06-27-2005, 08:28 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=2179287&prov=st&type=lgns
Dan Wetzel mock draft have the Spurs picking Amir Johnson.

OVERVIEW: Named 2005 Mr. Basketball in California, averaging 21 points, 15 rebounds and 8.0 blocks. He led Westchester to a state championship and a top-five national ranking as a senior. Johnson, who was ineligible as a freshman and didn't play as a junior, originally committed to Louisville.

What do you all think?

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 08:31 PM
Here's more on Amir Johnson.
http://draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=293

Draft Express doesn't like forums to copy and paste their stuff, so just read it using the link.

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 08:33 PM
originally committed to Louisville.

He hasn't been able to get himself academically eligible. So that's why he is in the draft instead of going to Louisville.

T Park
06-27-2005, 08:39 PM
stephen Jackson deux?

Mr. Body
06-27-2005, 09:04 PM
If the Spurs don't believe in Udrih anymore, they might give Head a look.

Who says they don't believe in Udrih anymore? That's speculative bordering on inane.

They'll look at SF or a big PF/C prospect in case they lose one of their centers.

whottt
06-27-2005, 09:21 PM
I think they'll be looking SF or 2 guard. I don't think they'll be looking PG or C at all. The Spurs are stocked with C's right now and they have 2 more developing over in Europe...Our PG situation is set for the next decade really.

Maybe they might look PF for someone to match up with Amare...but I doubt it.

spurster
06-27-2005, 09:30 PM
If they keep the pick, I would guess the Spurs would take a shot at the mythical long 3 myself. The kind of PG the Spurs need is a vet, not another rookie. The Spurs have been so lucky that TP plays so well before his upper-20s. Having one Beno-like PG is enough. As already mentioned, the Spurs are oozing bigmen with Scola anticipated. And Manu, Bowen, Brent, and Devin are more SG size than SF.

whottt
06-27-2005, 09:32 PM
I think 2 guard is more of a need than people realize...

Manu is 27, and IMO, he's not gonna have a long career...

Devin has recurring back trouble.

Brent Barry is 34 years old.

I could see the Spurs going straight 2 guard if they see one they really like, for insurance, for the future...They might even go for a guy that can do both...

Kori's pick for the Spurs kinda sounds like he'd fit that bill IMO...

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 09:49 PM
I wouldn't think they would look for a point guard either. But apparently Pop said they are looking to draft a point guard on the Pop Show (I know that doesn't mean much). And they have worked out a couple point guards.

So it's still pretty up in the air. I'd rather they went for a big swingman.

whottt
06-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Pop said they are looking to draft a point guard on the Pop Show (I know that doesn't mean much).

Yeah...that means they are looking to draft every thing but a PG :smokin...

LOL seriously...out of every postion on the team PG is the one that has the fewest worries...then again maybe Pop was really displeased with Beno in the finals, then again, maybe he was just sending Beno a message...but still...Parker is locked into that spot till the end of the decade.

BTW...re your question on the first page of this thread...

IIRC the Spurs were interested in Kendrick Perkins after Nenad Kirstic in 03...but the Celts snapped him up.

I actually wouldn't mind if the Spurs tried to trade for him this summer...

whottt
06-27-2005, 10:01 PM
My question...when was the last time the Spurs drafted a player they worked out?

I don't think they had a private workout for Tony.

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 10:04 PM
Some of the guys they are working out right now might be summer league team prospects (who aren't even getting drafted) not necessary draft prospects. I have just been throwing out names in this thread that have been said to have been looked at by the Spurs one way or another.

timvp
06-27-2005, 10:27 PM
IIRC the Spurs were interested in Kendrick Perkins after Nenad Kirstic in 03...but the Celts snapped him up.

Krstic was drafted in 2002. That was the first (and probably last) time that Pop said who the Spurs wanted in the days leading up to the draft. He was probably keeping the rest of the league honest so that they can't always be sure he's being CIA Pop.

Oh and Kendrick Perkins was a cover. The Spurs never wanted him. The player they wanted was Ndudi Ebi. He was picked a couple spots prior to the Spurs.

timvp
06-27-2005, 10:28 PM
My question...when was the last time the Spurs drafted a player they worked out?

I don't think they had a private workout for Tony.

They worked out Parker twice. The first time he worked out, he was sick and sucked. Presti had to beg Pop to look at him again and then Pop and the rest of the coaching staff fell in love. Right after that workout, they showed Parker where he would live if the Spurs drafted him.

Last year they watched Beno in Chicago and then invited him to San Antonio for a one-on-one workout.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-27-2005, 10:46 PM
I think Mickael Gelabale has to be a serious contender for the 28th pick.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-27-2005, 10:54 PM
Mickael has the number 1 play in both video's:

http://acb.com/video/200405_J27_top5.avi
http://acb.com/video/200405_posf1_top3.avi

timvp
06-27-2005, 11:03 PM
Mickael has the number 1 play in both video's:

http://acb.com/video/200405_J27_top5.avi
http://acb.com/video/200405_posf1_top3.avi

Neither of those plays are too spectacular (actually all 8 of those plays are pretty weak). But he'll most likely be a name in the mix.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-27-2005, 11:07 PM
A-NOTH-ER

http://acb.com/video/200405_J18_gelabale.avi

Kori Ellis
06-28-2005, 12:11 AM
From Ludden's article tonight:

The Spurs are deep enough, with the possible exception of point guard, to take their time developing a player. Whether through the draft or free agency, team officials would like to find an athletic forward Bruce Bowen can mentor. The Spurs have until Thursday to pick up the $700,000 option on Linton Johnson III's contract.

With Udrih still needing to earn the trust of the coaching staff, the Spurs could decide to draft another point guard. Trading Udrih or center Rasho Nesterovic also is an option.

Mickael Gelabale, a 6-foot-7 French forward who plays for Real Madrid in Spain, is among the international players the Spurs scouted this year. He is still raw but has shown promise of becoming a good defender.Turkey's Ersan Ilyasova, Providence's Ryan Gomes and North Carolina State's Julius Hodge, who is more of a point-forward, are among the other forwards who could be available at No. 28.

jalbre6
06-28-2005, 12:14 AM
When is Andrew Bogut planning on giving Mark Cuban's hair back to him?

timvp
06-28-2005, 12:15 AM
It looks like the Spurs could be with JUOOT and the rest of the crowd that wants Mickael Gelabale. Pretty interesting that Ersan Ilyasova is mentioned. He went to the Spurs in the SpursTalk.com Mock Draft. Ryan Gomes has been talked about. Julius Hodge has been talked about on the forums for a while now (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12445&highlight=julius+hodge).

Horry For 3!
06-28-2005, 04:20 AM
It will be interesting what the Spurs do. I wish it was 6 pm so I can watch the draft already. :(

SpizdiStrann
06-28-2005, 06:39 AM
gelabale is a very promising player. a great athlete, strong and quick, but he still does not have good and consistent shooting. but he jumps extremly high, much higher than most US black athlets, and he´s allready good enought to be back-up SF in spurs.

JUUOT
06-28-2005, 08:20 AM
LUdden on my side youhou!

i have done some more research on gelabale.
POP and the frenc national team coach had a meeting to talk about tony this summer but also about prospects Turiaf and Gelabale were the name discussed along with petro
he earned more and more minutes during the season. he really improved this year with coach Maljkovic. this coach is really hard on his players. he puts emphasis on DEFENSE (yes it reminds a style we know).
he developed a correct midrange shot but is still raw on 3pt. but the main thing is his role in the finale of the spanish liga.
French news paper say his position in the draft should be influenceed by what he did.
he was in charge of defending the best perimeter shooter from Tau. he did great and apparently the coach said his defense was a key in the seri (yes it reminds us someone)
However, gelabale said (newspaper) he was ready to stay one more year in europe to develop. But it was before the title. after the title he was not all so sure.

i think the fact he won in spain will be the key. scola could also be a nice insider for spurs.

now let s hope.

spur219
06-28-2005, 08:23 AM
Will the Spurs draft or trade?

JUUOT
06-28-2005, 08:27 AM
draft cause they do not have one next year i beleive

ShoogarBear
06-28-2005, 09:20 AM
I haven't seen much buzz about Wayne Simien. Sort of a stronger version of Elton Brand.

Only downside is he plays the same position as Scola, but Simien might end up being better.

Marcus Bryant
06-28-2005, 09:29 AM
Damn, I wish the Spurs had kept the Suns' pick in this draft.

spur219
06-28-2005, 10:52 AM
They got Mohammed in return for that pick. Spurs will be alright.

Gino2882
06-28-2005, 12:37 PM
Ummm I was the first to mention Mickael Gelabale. It was Sunday night.

Gino2882
06-28-2005, 12:40 PM
Gelabale has everything the Spurs look for in a SF.

TNT21
06-28-2005, 02:10 PM
What if Sean May falls this far, do you think the Spurs willl get him?

Duff McCartney
06-28-2005, 02:14 PM
I still want the Spurs to draft Hakim Warrick but he won't fall that far. I want them to draft a SF to groom defensively as the heir apparent to Bruce, but I think Tha Third will fill that spot.

Duff McCartney
06-28-2005, 02:16 PM
What if Sean May falls this far, do you think the Spurs willl get him?

Sean May will be a bust too.

Gino2882
06-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Ya, I dont see Sean May as a big time player either. He is only 6'8. He is no Elton Brand lets put it that way.

caspian
06-28-2005, 03:50 PM
I still want the Spurs to draft Hakim Warrick but he won't fall that far. I want them to draft a SF to groom defensively as the heir apparent to Bruce, but I think Tha Third will fill that spot.

I'm with ya. Hakeem Warrick would be a dream for us.

Gino2882
06-28-2005, 04:09 PM
Warrick would be a tremendous pick but I dont think he is the answer at SF. He could play a little SF, but I think he would be tremendous off the bench playing some SF and PF. The guy can jump and you know he is gonna dunk it back in if he is close.

BTW: That darn Jessica Simpson Dukes of Hazzard car mobile washing is simply mesmorizing...Cant take your damn eyes away from it...

timvp
06-28-2005, 05:08 PM
28. SAN ANTONIO -- Ian Mahinmi 6-10 220 F-C STB LeHavre (France). Word is the Spurs have him in their sights. At 18, he's got room to grow and would have a great teacher in Tim Duncan.

Very interesting. Most mocks don't have him drafted in the first round.

Could be a surprise pick.

Timoha
06-28-2005, 06:17 PM
I'm not very knowlgable about this. cam someone tell me what time the draf it (and when? )

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-28-2005, 06:33 PM
Let the drafting begin.

gospursgojas
06-28-2005, 06:37 PM
Bogut it is

Solid D
06-28-2005, 06:42 PM
Bogut's a very solid player in the pivot. He'll do well.

xcoriate
06-28-2005, 06:43 PM
Bogut!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Oi Oi Oi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Oi Oi Oi

Aussie

Oi

Aussie

Oi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Oi Oi Oi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Oi Oi Oi

ObiwanGinobili
06-28-2005, 06:49 PM
I'm glad, Derron Willams at #3... good job.

SilverPlayer
06-28-2005, 06:53 PM
does anybody else think that Derron Williams is way too slow to make it in the nba? Maybe its just next to Tony and Manu he looks like a snail, but I think Chris Paul is a far better choice.

FromWayDowntown
06-28-2005, 06:54 PM
Speedy Claxton must be wondering what could have been had he just stayed put in SA and not gone seeking a starting job elsewhere -- everywhere he's gone, that team has gone looking for a replacement starter.

Solid D
06-28-2005, 06:56 PM
The West just got tougher with the 2 Top PGs going to Utah and New Orleans.

ObiwanGinobili
06-28-2005, 06:58 PM
I thought Chris Paul was the best pick for New Orleans, thast why I was glad that Derron went at #3.
I have a soft spot i nmy heart for the hornets cause trhey are such a cool city with such a crappy team....

Pistons < Spurs
06-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Felton #5?????? wow that's much earlier than I expected.

DDS4
06-28-2005, 07:05 PM
Felton #5?????? wow that's much earlier than I expected.

Tells you how bad Charlotte needed a PG.

Tobias
06-28-2005, 07:06 PM
Felton at five was the correct choice. Best Point behind Paul.

slayermin
06-28-2005, 07:06 PM
Tells you how bad Charlotte needed a PG.

Jeez, Brevin Knight was getting 10 assists evertime I checked the boxscores. But of course, they were not winning many games.

Solid D
06-28-2005, 07:08 PM
This is the point where I thought the draft would start mixing it up a bit. Martell Webster going at number 6 to Portland. Will this shake up some plans for others now?

Pistons < Spurs
06-28-2005, 07:10 PM
Jeez, Brevin Knight was getting 10 assists evertime I checked the boxscores. But of course, they were not winning many games.

Ya I remember that aswell. Had him on my fantasy team lol.

Tobias
The Raps HAVE to take Green next.

DDS4
There you go tlong....your championship key is here!

Pistons < Spurs
06-28-2005, 07:13 PM
guess Isiah gets Green.

Tobias
OMG The Raps are shitty drafters!
First Araujo, now Villanueva??

You have Bosh, dumbasses!

Villanueva is bust-central

timvp
Wow, the Raptors picked Villanueva ... that is so suprising. That mixes up everything.

Tobias
06-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Watch Isiah draft the KABILLIONTH big man for the Knicks in Frye, orworse, Bynum.

TMSKILZ
06-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Charlie V to the Raps

TMSKILZ
06-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Calm down guys, the Raps might have made a predraft trade, maybe this is part of that deal?

TMSKILZ
06-28-2005, 07:16 PM
NYK will go with a SG/C!

grjr
06-28-2005, 07:17 PM
Would the Spurs even have taken Charlie V. at #28?

Tobias
06-28-2005, 07:18 PM
If Isiah wants to get out of the cellar, they pick Green or Wright (too early)

grjr
NYK will go with a SG/C!

SG/C? Is Magic Johnson on the board?

Tobias
They pick Frye! Isiah, you dumbass.

DDS4
06-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Mullin and the Warriors! You better get Granger !!!!!

Pistons < Spurs
WOW WOW WOW

What a draft so far......

Green, Granger, and Bynum still on the board.

Tobias
So the course of action tonght isto get all the overhyped players off the board so the cream will rise later??

Tobias
06-28-2005, 07:24 PM
GS should shop their pic, theey'll have better luck than shopping Dunleavy jr.

50 cent
06-28-2005, 07:24 PM
This has been quite interesting so far.

TMSKILZ
06-28-2005, 07:25 PM
SG/C? Is Magic Johnson on the board?
No you camel azz sniffer, They were going Sg or C was my prediction, & I was correct.

Frye to the Knicks.

Guru of Nothing
06-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Are the Lakers felling a little Green right now?

Tobias
06-28-2005, 07:26 PM
And they select Ike Diogu, a guy they could have had 8 picks later at least.

50 cent
I think Ike was a pretty decent pick for GS.

Sense
I think Lakers are gonna pass and get May..

Tobias
OMG the Lakes are gonna take Green...

TMSKILZ
06-28-2005, 07:27 PM
nice pick by GS, Diogu is a pressing need for them in the low post.

Pistons < Spurs
06-28-2005, 07:27 PM
I think Lakers are gonna pass and get May..

Agreed.

50 cent
06-28-2005, 07:28 PM
I can't believe Green and Granger are still on the board. Amazing.

DDS4
06-28-2005, 07:29 PM
GS addressed a need but didn't get great value in their pick. I guess Dunleavy gets to stick around a little longer.

TMSKILZ
I think the Fakers will take H.Warrick.

kolko
From RealGM.com:

8:26 PM: Whispers are beginning to surface that the Raptors drafted on behalf of the New Orleans Hornets. More as it becomes available.

Sense
I can't believe Green and Granger are still on the board. Amazing.

The picks are picked on whatever a team needs...

Tobias
They won't take Warrick.

kolko
8:29 PM: Reports are emerging that the Lakers will select Fran Vazquez with the 10th pick.

TMSKILZ
06-28-2005, 07:30 PM
I hope I'm wrong about the Fakerz selection, But Warrick will be a Star in this league. :(

Tobias
06-28-2005, 07:30 PM
If thats true, Kolko - theyre chumps

Sense
06-28-2005, 07:31 PM
8:29 PM: Reports are emerging that the Lakers will select Fran Vazquez with the 10th pick.

What are they going international now?

Tobias
Omg, the Lakers are even MORESO chumps!

"The Lakers select Desagana Diop jr."

Gino2882
Lakers take Bynum.

Pistons < Spurs
06-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Nice pick by the Lakers.......if you like long term.

grjr
No you camel azz sniffer, They were going Sg or C was my prediction, & I was correct.

Frye to the Knicks.

Oh. :smokin

Tobias
Magic are historically shit at drafts

DDS4
Wow. Kupchak with another beauty.

Sense
06-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Wow. Kupchak with another beauty.

Is that really what they needed?

TMSKILZ
06-28-2005, 07:34 PM
Oh. :smokin
Yea. :spin

Tobias
06-28-2005, 07:34 PM
The Lakers, with this pick, say "Either were gonna mop up the free agency floor or be mopped straight into next years lottery again"

Sense
06-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Who do ya'll think's gonna get May?

DDS4
06-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Is that really what they needed?

There's a little sarcasm in there, but Bynum is a 3-4 year project at best. I figure that's a good timeline for the Lakers anyways.

Manu20
06-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Lakers take Bynum.
Youngest player drafted in NBA history 17 years 8 months.

Tobias
The Bobs could take May.

Bickerstaff should cream his jeans if Green falls that far

Sense
There's a little sarcasm in there, but Bynum is a 3-4 year project at best. I figure that's a good timeline for the Lakers anyways.

Yeh, noticed the sarcasm, just wanted to know your thoughts..
:P

Gino2882
Bynum certainly doesnt scare me for at least 3 years.

Sense
06-28-2005, 07:37 PM
Bynum certainly doesnt scare me for at least 3 years.

He's a rookie for now, he shouldn't scare anyone....

Guru of Nothing
06-28-2005, 07:38 PM
Anyone starting to think about trading up opportunities for the Spurs?

TMSKILZ
06-28-2005, 07:39 PM
I bet he scares the photographers & fans in the 1st couple rows when he goes tumbling into the seats.

Sense
Anyone starting to think about trading up opportunities for the Spurs?

Not really, but I'm sure most of us are hoping for a big sleeper.

Tobias
Heh, those Magic...taking Vasquez. He's ok, but hes a PF...AND THEY HAVE HOWARD.

"Brain fart"-disease is rampant tonight.

(Vasquez is a nice player, but on maybe GSW or Hourston- not that he'd fall there)

ObiwanGinobili
06-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Orlando actually makles a good decision.

holy crap.

Pistons < Spurs
06-28-2005, 07:42 PM
Heh, those Magic...taking Vasquez. He's ok, but hes a PF...AND THEY HAVE HOWARD.

"Brain fart"-disease is rampant tonight.

(Vasquez is a nice player, but on maybe GSW or Hourston- not that he'd fall there)

I like the pick. They'll put him at C alongside Howard. Those 2 will make one hell of a tandem.

Tobias
My arse they do, Obiwan. He shouldn't play 5, but thats certainly what they drafted him for.

ObiwanGinobili
he doesn't speak english??

Gino2882
I had heard Vasquez was falling.

Man Granger, Graham, Green, all still available.

SilverPlayer
06-28-2005, 07:43 PM
If MN gets Green I am going to be so pissed.

ObiwanGinobili
i'm shocked Green hasn't gone yet.

spvrs
goes to show you how much of this is just B.S. I was just reading the Fran V. had dissappointing workouts. Also all the noise about Green, Granger shooting up the draft

Solid D
06-28-2005, 07:44 PM
Warrick, Wright, and May should go very soon.

Solid D
06-28-2005, 07:45 PM
Big SF goes. Korolev to the Clippers at 12.

Gino2882
Warrick is becoming a very good option for these teams.

TMSKILZ
goes to show you how much of this is just B.S. I was just reading the Fran V. had dissappointing workouts. Also all the noise about Green, Granger shooting up the draft
Majority of the time it's simply comes down to team needs.

Tobias
The Clippers take... Nikoloz Tskitis....i mean Yaroslav Korolav

(I hope he pans out, like I hope Skeeta and Darko do)

Sense
Warrick, Wright, and May should go very soon.

I expect May to go first.

50 cent
06-28-2005, 07:46 PM
Warrick, Wright, Green, May, Granger, and Graham still all on the board. That is pretty crazy. The Spurs should deal to try to grab Granger. He could be the Bowen of the future.

TMSKILZ
06-28-2005, 07:46 PM
For the Clippers from Russia with love.

spvrs
06-28-2005, 07:47 PM
Majority of the time it's simply comes down to team needs.

true. but they also love the smoke screens. Pop isn't the only guy holding his cards close to the chest...

DAMN, some big time players are falling...

TMSKILZ
06-28-2005, 07:47 PM
Come on pop & RC unload some stiffs/contracts & trade up & get Warrick!

Sense
06-28-2005, 07:48 PM
These Picks are definately giving us some good hopes.

SilverPlayer
Maybe this is why Cha took Ray so early they knew alot of good players would be still on the board.

Tobias
Heh, yeah, I like this Korolov kid. I wish he could have fallen to us (i think, If not for the clipps, he could have)

pooh
06-28-2005, 07:49 PM
I think Indy will get McCants from Carolina.

TMSKILZ
Watch us draft some Euro stiff instead of a College impact player. :(

Tobias
Pick Green or May Bernie!

spvrs
06-28-2005, 07:50 PM
I thin kthe bobcats will take Wright

Solid D
Sean May stays in NC!

Tobias
I cant believe tey didn't pick Green.

Pistons < Spurs
06-28-2005, 07:51 PM
Minnesota take Garcia?? I know they've really liked him...but w/ so many other players available.....

Solid D
Great pick for Charlotte. Stays in state and he's an all-around good basketball player.

Gino2882
May doesnt do much for me...I think he will be OK but never an all-star.

TMSKILZ
T'Puppies going to get a solid player with this pick, I see them going with Green out of HS!
:(

Sense
ahh! C'mon Jersey take Hakim!!!

I picked ya~

50 cent
06-28-2005, 07:52 PM
Will Minny take Green now?

spvrs
06-28-2005, 07:52 PM
they are probably trying to trade down... this has been a shocker...

Tobias
06-28-2005, 07:53 PM
Hopefully Minny wont take Green, solely for the sake of the kid. They already have one HS SF in Ndudi Ebi, don't let the Turmoil-Wolves ruin the kid.

Sense
06-28-2005, 07:54 PM
They might take Hakim.

spvrs
06-28-2005, 07:55 PM
Let's trade RASHO back to the wolves :)

50 cent
Minny takes McCants.

Pistons < Spurs
McCants????

Tobias
06-28-2005, 07:56 PM
heh, They did OK i guess. Coulda drafted Granger.

pooh
Well there went my theory out the window...then Indy will more than likely draft a HS player.

Pistons < Spurs
Some team really needs to move up in this draft...

Gino2882
06-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Why is Granger still available???

NZHayden
06-28-2005, 07:59 PM
McCants????

exactly wat i was thinkin

spvrs
06-28-2005, 08:00 PM
WOW... it all comes down to toronto... did they let the same bozo draft that did it for them last year?

Tobias
06-28-2005, 08:00 PM
Revisting Toronto's crappy pick. Supposedly No really coveted Villanueva. Perhaps super-impose this with the Magloire-to-Toronto talk?

exstatic
06-28-2005, 08:02 PM
LOL@Minny drafting just what they need, another head case guard. Spree and Sam won't be able to teach him a thing, at least attitude wise.

TMSKILZ
06-28-2005, 08:03 PM
A.Wright to NJ!

spvrs
next pick... NC's water boy who turned 24 so he was automatically available

Tobias
Green and Grangers still on the board Toronto, don't be retarted like with the 7th pick.

spvrs
06-28-2005, 08:04 PM
I love A.W. AND HATE NJ... good pick per usual by thorn

ObiwanGinobili
06-28-2005, 08:05 PM
well at least wright will get to play with Kidd. thats gotta be cool.