PDA

View Full Version : Erazem Lorbek

mikem
10-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Saw this guy play against the Mavs and now really glad he decided to stay in Europe.

Slow, slow, slow and not a great shooter...just what we need!

DapDaGenius
10-10-2012, 03:24 PM
Lol good one. At first he looked slightly promising but now, like you said, glad he didn't join the team. I was hoping Ryan Richards was going to prove himself in the summer league but he didn't. Seems like one disappointment after another. :(

spurraider21
10-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Lol good one. At first he looked slightly promising but now, like you said, glad he didn't join the team. I was hoping Ryan Richards was going to prove himself in the summer league but he didn't. Seems like one disappointment after another. :(

Second round picks dude. Not really a disappointment as long as you don't have your expectations too high. I hope i don't get flamed with stuff like "MANU WAS A 2ND ROUNDER!!"
The point im making is there's a reason these dudes are second rounders. Sure, some pan out, but these are mostly pure projects that are raw. I'm not surprised these dudes haven't panned out, mainly because I don't really expect them to.

DapDaGenius
10-10-2012, 03:54 PM
You kind of took that part when I said "Seems like one disappointment after another" too serious. Also, when I said that I was referring to me(jokingly), not everyone else.

I don't care that they were 2nd round picks, that has nothing to do with this at all. I wasn't expecting Lorbek to be that good if he was on the team but I was hoping Richards could turn into a decent player for us. That's all man.

mikem
10-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Unfortunately when the Spurs revolutionized the Draft n' Stash with Manu they made it much harder to find the hidden gems after that because everyone is doing it now. As we all know the Spurs still are the best at it and if De Colo or Bertrans or Richards or Hanga turn out to be players, we'll all forget about the Lorbek's (who was a throw-in from the Hill-Leonard trade anyway) that didn't work. Go Spurs Go!

BackHome
10-10-2012, 07:07 PM
Second round picks dude. Not really a disappointment as long as you don't have your expectations too high. I hope i don't get flamed with stuff like "MANU WAS A 2ND ROUNDER!!"
The point im making is there's a reason these dudes are second rounders. Sure, some pan out, but these are mostly pure projects that are raw. I'm not surprised these dudes haven't panned out, mainly because I don't really expect them to.

Your right even look at how many first rounders are still stuck in the D-Leauge....My only issue with the Spurs origination is they have done a terrible job of developing big men. They really need to get an assistant coach who can coach big men just like we got a coach to help our players shot free throws..why not one who can coach big men?

Hanga is the next legit thing he is going to be good!!!

Raven
10-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Saw this guy play against the Mavs and now really glad he decided to stay in Europe.

Slow, slow, slow and not a great shooter...just what we need!

What makes you think the star of the team would play his best in a preseason game? Plus he's a center not a PF, so it's only normal for him to be slow.

Texas_Ranger
10-11-2012, 11:30 AM
Lorbek pretty much didnt give a fuck about this game. He's still better than Splitter, but he's also a bitch, so who cares about him.

99 Problems
10-12-2012, 12:45 AM
Did anybody have a look at Australian Joe Ingles? According to box score he started for Barca. Looked interesting at Olympics.

racm
10-12-2012, 04:17 AM
The Spurs getting de Colo over Lorbek looks to be getting better and better.

Bruno
10-12-2012, 10:27 AM
Lorbek is a very good player and judging him only on a friendly game is weird given that he has been one of the best player in Europe for years. Saying that, I had true concern about Lorbek's game translating to the NBA and he wouldn't have really improve Spurs defense, which is their main weakness. At the end, I'm not that disappointed Spurs didn't sign him.

Raven
10-12-2012, 10:39 AM
Lorbek is a very good player and judging him only on a friendly game is weird given that he has been one of the best player in Europe for years. Saying that, I had true concern about Lorbek's game translating to the NBA and he wouldn't have really improve Spurs defense, which is their main weakness. At the end, I'm not that disappointed Spurs didn't sign him.

Basically his best trait for the spurs would have been that it would have meant bonner would have gone away..

therealtruth
10-12-2012, 07:10 PM

Does Powell or Curry help the defense? The Spurs are doing nothing to address low post defense.

Bruno
10-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Does Powell or Curry help the defense? The Spurs are doing nothing to address low post defense.
Spurs didn't pick Powell/Curry over Lorbek. They picked Diaw over Lorbek and that's assuming Lorbek was fine with signing with Spurs for the MLE.

Kamnik
10-13-2012, 03:32 AM
Even Slovenin fans were always saying his game/body isn't really NBA compatible. I don't think he can succed in the NBA. Unfortunately...