PDA

View Full Version : Habits and practices at your home that drive you crazy...

Venti Quattro
10-10-2012, 12:57 PM
I go on meltdown overdrive when someone in the house forgets to...

a.) flush the toilet
b.) close the fridge properly

How fucking hard could those chores be to accomplish?

RandomGuy
10-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Someone who takes out the trash, but doesn't put a new trash bag in the can.

Pedobear1
10-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Puts the peanut butter in the fridge (wtf)
Uses the last toilet paper but doesnt replace it
uses my toothbrush to clean the puppy's teeth

AussieFanKurt
10-10-2012, 01:18 PM
My family aren't aggravating thank god. Random people piss me off more

ohmwrecker
10-10-2012, 01:27 PM
I like refrigerated peanut butter.

AussieFanKurt
10-10-2012, 02:02 PM

Agreed, don't see whats wrong with it

DD
10-10-2012, 02:03 PM

My dog does too

timvp
10-10-2012, 03:12 PM
As long as you don't use the peanut butter knife to scoop out the jelly, I'm good.

AussieFanKurt
10-10-2012, 03:27 PM
As long as you don't use the peanut butter knife to scoop out the jelly, I'm good.

I know you guys call jelly what we call jam.

What do you call this?
http://www.babygadget.net/pics/jelly.jpg

Reck
10-10-2012, 03:28 PM
^ Disgusting?

Blake
10-10-2012, 03:29 PM

If one uses the other slice of bread as a napkin to wipe the knife, that usually solves that problem.

JudynTX
10-10-2012, 03:32 PM

How do you spread cold peanut butter on bread? Or do you just eat it with a spoon?

mrsmaalox
10-10-2012, 03:34 PM
I don't like when someone tries to "help" me by starting a load of laundry and then just leaving it in the washer or dryer to get in my way when I need to use them----if you want to help me then complete the entire task, wash it, dry it, and put it away!!

benefactor
10-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Five drops of milk left in the gallon...yet it winds up back in the fridge.

silverblk mystix
10-10-2012, 03:35 PM
!Get off my lawn- goddamn whippersnappers!

mrsmaalox
10-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Five drops of milk left in the gallon...yet it winds up back in the fridge.

Same with boxes of cereal!!

benefactor
10-10-2012, 03:37 PM
My wife and I had to get different toothpaste tubes because she refuses to use the bottom up technique. She is a tube crusher.

JudynTX
10-10-2012, 03:38 PM
My wife and I had to get different toothpaste tubes because she refuses to use the bottom up technique. She is a tube crusher.

So am I. :lol

benefactor
10-10-2012, 03:39 PM
You all need your own island.

CosmicCowboy
10-10-2012, 03:39 PM
I know you guys call jelly what we call jam.

What do you call this?
http://www.babygadget.net/pics/jelly.jpg

Thats Jello. And jelly and jam are two different things. They are both sweet and you spread them on bread, etc. but with jelly the fruit pulp is strained out and with jam it is left in.

CosmicCowboy
10-10-2012, 03:46 PM
My wife chatters all the time about shit (people she works with, etc.) I could care less about. I'll nod my head and make the occasional comment but in truth I'm just patronizing her and it's in one ear and out the other. Then she gets all pissy when she makes a reference to something she talked about three weeks ago and I don't have a clue what she is talking about...:lol....She will get all snarky and say "I TOLD you she and her husband were having problems"...

CosmicCowboy
10-10-2012, 03:47 PM
You want to talk irritating, try designing a new house or addition with your wife. We are adding on a new kitchen and I wasn't about to take the responsibility of the layout because if I did after it was all done she would be throwing shit in my face like "why didn't you make this drawers instead of a cabinet"...uh,uh...learned my lesson last time...now we are on our 7th or 8th plan revision (complete redesigns) yet she is bitching because I haven't started construction yet. I keep telling her it's a lot cheaper to make those changes on paper than after I have poured fucking concrete.

Venti Quattro
10-10-2012, 03:50 PM
That drives me crazy too. Push the toothpaste tube in the tail-end, damn it.

Another one is when somebody in our house leaves their room and forgets to shut off the lights. Again, an easy task. How hard is it to reach for the switch?

JudynTX
10-10-2012, 03:52 PM
My wife chatters all the time about shit (people she works with, etc.) I could care less about. I'll nod my head and make the occasional comment but in truth I'm just patronizing her and it's in one ear and out the other. Then she gets all pissy when she makes a reference to something she talked about three weeks ago and I don't have a clue what she is talking about...:lol....She will get all snarky and say "I TOLD you she and her husband were having problems"...

We also remember arguments we had years ago and things you've said. :D

CosmicCowboy
10-10-2012, 03:54 PM
We also remember arguments we had years ago and things you've said. :D

No shit! I still get a fuckup from 1995 thrown in my face at least twice a year.

JudynTX
10-10-2012, 03:58 PM
My biggest peeve is when the trash can is full and my husband keeps squashing stuff into it instead of just changing the bag. :rolleyes
I end up changing the bag.

RandomGuy
10-10-2012, 04:00 PM
My family aren't aggravating thank god. Random people piss me off more

What'd I do?

CosmicCowboy
10-10-2012, 04:00 PM
I mean, how DO you tell your wife she needs to start pushing away from the table a little sooner? I can tell you for a fact that offering to go on a diet with her was apparently the WRONG thing to say.

JudynTX
10-10-2012, 04:04 PM
I mean, how DO you tell your wife she needs to start pushing away from the table a little sooner? I can tell you for a fact that offering to go on a diet with her was apparently the WRONG thing to say.

You put smaller portions on the plate. :lol

RandomGuy
10-10-2012, 04:05 PM

I made the mistake recently of trying to be honest about that. Bad mistake, and I am still paying for it. Best to nod your head and grunt in assent, hopefully at appropriate times. Men and women just gossip differently. Learning the hows and whys of this is a fine art.

RandomGuy
10-10-2012, 04:06 PM

Ouch.

RandomGuy
10-10-2012, 04:06 PM
My biggest peeve is when the trash can is full and my husband keeps squashing stuff into it instead of just changing the bag. :rolleyes
I end up changing the bag.

Do you just take it out, and then not replace it though? There's the rub.

JudynTX
10-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Do you just take it out, and then not replace it though? There's the rub.

I take it out, replace the bag and then put it outside in trash bins.

cantthinkofanything
10-10-2012, 04:22 PM
throwing away dirty diapers in the fireplace

Venti Quattro
10-10-2012, 04:23 PM
They (ppl at our home) also always like to configure shit their own way (TV, internet, hell even the remote) and when something goes wrong, they always blame me and ask me to fix it. Has anyone experienced this annoying behavior? Like WTF you configured that shit and you're gonna blame me if it malfunctions?

CuckingFunt
10-10-2012, 05:31 PM
You want to talk irritating, try designing a new house or addition with your wife. We are adding on a new kitchen and I wasn't about to take the responsibility of the layout because if I did after it was all done she would be throwing shit in my face like "why didn't you make this drawers instead of a cabinet"...uh,uh...learned my lesson last time...now we are on our 7th or 8th plan revision (complete redesigns) yet she is bitching because I haven't started construction yet. I keep telling her it's a lot cheaper to make those changes on paper than after I have poured fucking concrete.

That one was blatant as hell. You're not even trying anymore, cowboy.

CuckingFunt
10-10-2012, 05:35 PM
I live alone. In general I'm pretty good at not annoying myself, though occasionally I'll do something stupid like not change a light bulb right when it goes out and end up having to do it when I get home after dark.

mavs>spurs
10-10-2012, 05:36 PM
I go on meltdown overdrive when someone in the house forgets to...

a.) flush the toilet
b.) close the fridge properly

How fucking hard could those chores be to accomplish?

stop living at home with your mom and little brother at age 30 bro and things like that won't happen

CosmicCowboy
10-10-2012, 05:46 PM
That one was blatant as hell. You're not even trying anymore, cowboy.

Sorry, but it's true and irritating as hell. Does it really bother you that some people actually do things like remodel their house?

CosmicCowboy
10-10-2012, 05:47 PM
throwing away dirty diapers in the fireplace

we have a winner.

CuckingFunt
10-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Does it really bother you that some people actually do things like remodel their house?

Of course not. I've done it myself.

I just think the richer joke is, even after all this time, still somewhat amusing.

CosmicCowboy
10-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Of course not. I've done it myself.

I just think the richer joke is, even after all this time, still somewhat amusing.

Would it make you feel better if I told you I remodeled my house over the years in stages as I could afford it focusing on bedrooms/bathrooms while the kids were living at home and my current kitchen is the size of an average apartment kitchen?

2pac > Kobe
10-10-2012, 05:56 PM
bloody pads that's the shit I don't like

CuckingFunt
10-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Would it make you feel better if I told you I remodeled my house over the years in stages as I could afford it focusing on bedrooms/bathrooms while the kids were living at home and my current kitchen is the size of an average apartment kitchen?

That assumes that I somehow feel bad about what you've already said, which isn't the case. You aren't required to justify your home remodeling schedule to me or to anyone else.

That's kind of what makes the richer joke funny in the first place.

CosmicCowboy
10-10-2012, 06:02 PM
That assumes that I somehow feel bad about what you've already said, which isn't the case. You aren't required to justify your home remodeling schedule to me or to anyone else.

That's kind of what makes the richer joke funny in the first place.

Oh. HaHaHa. What a funny joke.

timvp
10-10-2012, 06:02 PM
If one uses the other slice of bread as a napkin to wipe the knife, that usually solves that problem.

Peanut butter remnants usually remain. I prefer that intermixing doesn't take place to avoid contamination.

Even worse might be going from jelly to butter, tbh.

clambake
10-10-2012, 06:15 PM
having to constantly explain how to use the thermostat.

mrsmaalox
10-10-2012, 06:25 PM
My kids and I watch very little tv---tvs in our house are on for about an average of one hour per day combined; but if the hubby is in house, every tv is turned on and left blaring when he leaves the room 10 min later. Nothing bugs me more than being in one room and hearing an unwatched tv blaring in another!

Woo Bum-kon
10-10-2012, 06:25 PM
So am I. :lol

You need to be cleansed from this planet.

Avante
10-10-2012, 07:04 PM
It took us a few years to get it down, now it works like a well oiled machine.

Blake
10-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Peanut butter remnants usually remain. I prefer that intermixing doesn't take place to avoid contamination.

Even worse might be going from jelly to butter, tbh.

I'd like to know why the goober pbj mix doesn't need refrigeration for the jelly part.

http://www.foodandfunfromhome.com/images/P/158-756-B.gif

Blake
10-10-2012, 07:14 PM
You want to talk irritating, try designing a new house or addition with your wife.

Or when the butler uses silver polish on the gold toilets.

I hate that.

DD
10-10-2012, 08:24 PM

I hate that.

:lmao

baseline bum
10-10-2012, 09:47 PM
Same with boxes of cereal!!

You have people refrigerating the cereal? Wow, that would piss me off too.

baseline bum
10-10-2012, 09:47 PM

I hate that.

:rollin

baseline bum
10-10-2012, 09:55 PM

YOU don't. You get get the kids to do it

http://www.jumbojoke.com/images/framed.jpg

ohmwrecker
10-10-2012, 11:09 PM
My dog does too

Doesn't it get warm when you put it on your balls?

How do you spread cold peanut butter on bread? Or do you just eat it with a spoon?

I don't really have a problem with it, but I have mad knife skills.

ploto
10-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Does not really drive me crazy, but I seem to be the only person in my family who can change a toilet paper roll. It even happens when I go to my Mom's house or a sibling's house.

DMC
10-10-2012, 11:31 PM
My wife chatters all the time about shit (people she works with, etc.) I could care less about. I'll nod my head and make the occasional comment but in truth I'm just patronizing her and it's in one ear and out the other. Then she gets all pissy when she makes a reference to something she talked about three weeks ago and I don't have a clue what she is talking about...:lol....She will get all snarky and say "I TOLD you she and her husband were having problems"...My did used to do that to my mom. She was an RN and she would incessantly go on about women at work so much we knew them all by name but never met them. My dad would listen and ask "what did Connie say?" and mom would happily respond and then he'd ask "what did Patricia say?" and mom would ramble on and he'd ask "what did Mary say?" and finally she caught on and would say "oh screw you".

What bugs me other than the normal toilet paper, lime wedges down the garbage disposal, saving styrofoam cups bullshit is the way a lot of women want to tell a story instead of telling you a fact.

Example: "Oh you won't believe what happened today, my god... "

Me: "what happened?"

Her: "Ok, so I get up this morning at my normal time and make coffee, and I couldn't decide what to wear so I went through a few things" (here I am thinking "ok there was a rat in the closet" or "and the closet rod fell on you" but no....

Her: "and so I leave for work. Well I get there early and have my breakfast like I always do and Michelle comes in and says "Hi" and I say "hi" and she tells me about her dad who's also into fishing." (so here I am thinking Michelle's dad has cancer, not a real concern I don't even fucking know Michelle, but no)

Her: So I clock in and around lunch I go to the Daily Grill and they had a special on tuna. Can you believe they actually had a special on tuna at that expensive place?" (so that must be what happened today but no)

Her; "So then I get a call and find out that that girl that Margie used to live by (I don't know Margie), her dog got ran over yesterday. I started crying" (that was it)

Also with directions: "So you go up Lamar, and turn where that lady used to live, go down that street and then you'll see a big sign that says something about a sale, then go from there up that other street and the store is on the side of the road".

DMC
10-10-2012, 11:41 PM
It took us a few years to get it down, now it works like a well oiled machine.

Are you referring to your colostomy?

Pedobear1
10-11-2012, 01:38 AM
That shit sucks listening to, tbh...women throw in so many useless fucking details its insane

D12
10-11-2012, 01:44 AM
Women trying to control the fucking house with their voice. Eff that BS.

TDMVPDPOY
10-11-2012, 06:09 AM
hate walkin into ppls houses where there is a litter bin inside the toilet room...either its filled with shit stain paper that should be flushed down the toilet, or fkn used tampons....

JudynTX
10-11-2012, 08:51 AM

OMFG :lol

DD
10-11-2012, 10:56 AM

Nah, it takes time to heat up...same with a clean piss.

Leetonidas
10-11-2012, 11:10 AM
My gf refuses to take the trash out and it drives me insane

cantthinkofanything
10-11-2012, 11:23 AM
I hate that I catch shit whether I help with chores or not. If I'm sitting on the couch, my wife gripes because I'm not doing anything. But if I try to put up dishes or wash or dry clothes, she's not happy with the way I do it. "You put the pizza cutter in the wrong drawer." "You folded the towel wrong." etc.

And I think she waits until the exact moment when I sit down before she goes on a cleaning rampage. Just so she can be doing stuff while I'm not so she can bitch at me.

Also, when she answers the cordless phone and decides that the perfect place to have a loud gossipy conversation with her friend is on the living room couch while I"m trying to watch a game or show.
But god forbid I even fucking get ice in the kitchen 2 rooms away while she's watching something. "SSSSHSHSHHSHHHSHHHHHHH...I can't hear".

DMC
10-11-2012, 04:54 PM
That shit sucks listening to, tbh...women throw in so many useless fucking details its insane

Some people (not just women but mostly women) recount in dialogue, not in bullet points. I prefer the bullet points, tell me the facts, then if I want you to expound I will ask.

Example using above useless story:

I need to tell you something that's not really important.
Someone you don't know or care about had a dog that died.
I might need you to listen to a long winded version so email me when you have time for that.

Another thing that bugs the shit out of me is hoarding. I fucking hate hoarders and i would kill everyone of them tonight if it was legal. If you need something, buy it. If you don't need it, sell it. If you cannot sell it, trash it. Don't store shit for eons. We buy homes for living space, we build storage at our home for storage of things we don't want in our homes most of the time, and there are rental storage units specifically for long term storage of useless shit. Either pay for that and move your shit there or I will trash it (I normally trash it when she's not looking but I am talking about relatives who want to store shit in my garage or my shed, who never pick it up).

Relevancy
10-11-2012, 10:33 PM
hate walkin into ppls houses where there is a litter bin inside the toilet room...either its filled with shit stain paper that should be flushed down the toilet, or fkn used tampons....You flush down toilet paper? :lol Doesn't your toilet plug when you flush it?