PDA

View Full Version : Raul Jimenez Thanksgiving Dinner

JudynTX
10-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Has anyone volunteered for this event here in San Antonio? I'm thinking of volunteering this year.

http://www.rauljimenezdinner.com/

bus driver
10-10-2012, 02:35 PM
negative ghost rider

time is money

JudynTX
10-10-2012, 03:33 PM
negative ghost rider

time is money

So you say you don't work for free? If you're married, you aren't getting paid either. :lol

JoeChalupa
10-10-2012, 03:52 PM
I have and plan on doing it again.

CosmicCowboy
10-10-2012, 04:03 PM
I wouldn't lift a finger to help that fucking con man. Dude is making a fortune off of that gig.

Fucker still owes me $5000 from when he was in the mexican food business.

Actually, now that I think about it I'm pretty sure the fat bastard died but the rest of his family is still living off the cash they rake out of the dinner.

JoeChalupa
10-10-2012, 04:36 PM
Tell that to the hungry that show up.

mouse
10-10-2012, 04:48 PM
I wouldn't lift a finger to help that fucking con man. Dude is making a fortune off of that gig.

Fucker still owes me $5000 from when he was in the mexican food business.

Actually, now that I think about it I'm pretty sure the fat bastard died but the rest of his family is still living off the cash they rake out of the dinner.

More Details.

CosmicCowboy
10-10-2012, 05:10 PM
More Details.

It's a "feel good" 501c3. I mean who can argue with feeding the hungry on thanksgiving? There is no limit to what executives of a 501c3 can pay themselves. They go out and get huge cash and food donations from big companies like Valero, CPS, HEB, RK, Starbucks, Time Warner, etc. Then they get volunteers like Jose Chalupa to staff it for free and throw the party...the big companies get the feel good advertising and the Jiminez clan rakes off all the excess cash as salaries. Pretty sweet deal.

mouse
10-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the headsup.

On a side note I doubt Chalupa does it for free im sure he puts a few rolls in his pockets.

ashbeeigh
10-10-2012, 09:49 PM
It's a very popular way to give back during Thanksgiving. Call and schedule a time to go in. I remember going in middle school with my parents and feeling like there were more volunteers than people eating. I went later in high school to prepare the tables and that was good. So maybe in the evening before maybe a better time. But there are lots of organizations that do this stuff. So keep your eye out for it.

phxspurfan
10-11-2012, 12:49 AM
My fam and I volunteered one year. It's nice to donate your time on a holiday. It makes it feel extra special, like your good deeds really had an effect. Plus you still get to eat and chill out I think.

bus driver
10-11-2012, 08:43 AM
So you say you don't work for free? If you're married, you aren't getting paid either. :lol

i collect from my women in non monetary ways :D

mrsmaalox
10-11-2012, 10:36 AM
My son volunteered there a couple of years ago as part of a group service project for NHS. He said it was huge, way too many volunteers and they pretty much just stood there waiting for their time to be up.

CubanMustGo
10-11-2012, 03:58 PM
It's a "feel good" 501c3. I mean who can argue with feeding the hungry on thanksgiving? There is no limit to what executives of a 501c3 can pay themselves. They go out and get huge cash and food donations from big companies like Valero, CPS, HEB, RK, Starbucks, Time Warner, etc. Then they get volunteers like Jose Chalupa to staff it for free and throw the party...the big companies get the feel good advertising and the Jiminez clan rakes off all the excess cash as salaries. Pretty sweet deal.

You know, you can sign up on guidestar.org, get a copy of their form 990, and if the salaries are exorbitant as you claim get the local media in on it. That's how that supposed Texas Ranger (or whatever thinly disguised law enforcement) "museum" just south of downtown finally ended up getting shut down.