PDA

View Full Version : Injury Update: Patrick Mills (Ankle), Manu Ginobili (Foot), Tiago Splitter (Back)

timvp
10-10-2012, 02:20 PM
-Patrick Mills rolled his ankle in practice and will miss the next two games at least. This really hurts Mills' chances of winning the backup point guard job straight out of training camp. While Neal's job seems pretty darn safe, it also opens the door slightly for Joseph. With as impressive as Joseph has looked since the beginning of the summer, this may be the chance he needs to get a legit shot at that backup PG spot.

-Manu Ginobili complained of foot pain during Tuesday's practice but hasn't officially been ruled out. Considering it's preseason, I doubt he plays. Hopefully this is nothing but any Ginobili foot injury is scary.

-Tiago Splitter missed the last game with back spasms. He should be back tonight if he doesn't suffer a setback. If he's active, it'll be very interesting to see who Pop uses as the first four bigs. Someone (most likely Blair or Bonner) has to drop to fifth big.

AussieFanKurt
10-10-2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the details, timvp

timtonymanu
10-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Yeah, unfortunate for Patty.

We all know how much Pop values getting the "corporate knowledge" down in training camp so this will set Mills back in the rotation. We saw it happen with Splitter two seasons ago.

timvp
10-10-2012, 02:32 PM
If Ginobili doesn't play, De Colo could see a lot more playing time. This could be his chance to move up in the depth charts ... even though that'd be pretty darn difficult given the makeup of the roster.

xtremesteven33
10-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Fingers crossed Manu just has a bruise or somethin

ace3g
10-10-2012, 03:33 PM
I hope they do an MRI on the foot just to make sure.

spurs10
10-10-2012, 03:53 PM
I hope they do an MRI on the foot just to make sure.
For sure!

Bruno
10-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Damn, I hope it's nothing serious for Ginobili but I fear he might be breaking down right in front of our eyes. Spurs having all that depth at the guard spots makes a little more sense if they think Ginobili will miss a lot of games because of injuries.

TMTTRIO
10-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Manu needs to retire after this season. It's not good for him to be breaking down like this. Time for him to go enjoy his little boys. No sweat for us. According to some on the team De Colo is the next "Manu" and should be able to bring it.

siraulo23
10-10-2012, 04:43 PM
ugh manu

ElNono
10-10-2012, 04:48 PM
The fact he's "questionable" for a preseason game means it's probably an ingrown nail or some stupid shit like that...

But let's panic, it's much more fun that way!

jon123spurs
10-10-2012, 05:40 PM
I'm sure they're just being cautious with manu. Saying he needs to retire is plain ridiculous. Did you not see his game against team usa. Also saying de Colo is the next manu lol I hope you're right. Give him a whole season then start making comparsions not after 1 preseason game. As for splitter I think its just a matter of time when we see his name on the trading block if its not already on it.

therealtruth
10-10-2012, 05:46 PM
We need to ship Splitter ASAP. I don't think Pop thinks he's is tough enough and all the small nagging injuries are not helping. He needs a coach that can help rebuild his confidence.

superbigtime
10-10-2012, 06:19 PM
We need to ship Splitter ASAP. I don't think Pop thinks he's is tough enough and all the small nagging injuries are not helping. He needs a coach that can help rebuild his confidence.

We don't need to ship Splitter, but I do agree he needs a coach who can rebuild his confidence and not scold him like a little boy on national TV. Pop loves mind abuse.

racm
10-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Can we just have Manu put in bubble wrap until the regular season starts?

baseline bum
10-10-2012, 07:05 PM
The fact he's "questionable" for a preseason game means it's probably an ingrown nail or some stupid shit like that...

But let's panic, it's much more fun that way!

:lol

TOSB probably just forgot to take his Boniva.

BackHome
10-10-2012, 07:13 PM
I agree what Pop did to Splitter last year was wrong and I lost a lot of respect for Pop. A lot of players make mistakes ie...Bonner but I never see him going off on them like he did Splitter!

rmt
10-10-2012, 08:44 PM

Why? So we can have more of Bonner and Blair? Please, SAS is already small without losing Splitter too. What? You'd want Duncan to be the only player over 6'7" (and no Bonner doesn't count). Remember the 30 point beating that LAL handed SAS until Splitter was inserted into the starting line-up.

NickiRasgo
10-10-2012, 08:55 PM
Damn. Why not just only Bonner takes all the injury?

ace3g
10-14-2012, 07:34 PM
“In six days or seven days (off), I didn’t lose much conditioning,” the 35-year-old guard said. “It’s good that I didn’t have to miss more practice time or playing time, because then it would start to go downhill.”

Ginobili said he felt a pinching sensation in the heel of his right foot after logging 12 minutes in the Spurs’ preseason opener against Montespachi Siena on Oct. 6. An MRI came back clean, and rest seemed to do the trick.

“It bothered me for three or four days,” Ginobili said. “I didn’t practice much. On the fifth or sixth day, I started to feel better and got back to work.”

Mills’ return imminent: Backup point guard Patrick Mills, out for two games with a sprained right ankle, says he hopes he can return to practice Monday morning.

“It was a little one, just a scratch,” Mills said. “I’m fine.”

Barring a setback in practice over the next five days, it’s likely Mills will be activated for the Spurs’ next preseason game, Saturday in Miami.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/10/14/spurs-green-gets-off-shooting-schneid/

Spurs don't play again till Saturday vs the Heat so a lot of practice time.

cheguevara
10-15-2012, 03:54 PM
wake up.

Ginose is 35 and fragile. This is going to be ongoing all through the rest of his career.