PDA

View Full Version : OT: WTF is Mo Williams doing in Al Jefferson's gigantic 23000$ bed ?

lefty
10-10-2012, 05:23 PM
:lol
http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/10/10/3483038/photo-al-jeffersons-gigantic-23000-bed

timvp
10-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Tbh, in terms of horrible investments made by NBA players, this one doesn't even register. A top of the line bed is a relatively wise investment.

DD
10-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Anyone see that 30 for 30 "Broke?" There's definitely worse investments/purchases than this.

:lolinflatable furniture

racm
10-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Better an expensive bed than an expensive car, tbh

At least you don't need to pay for the gas.

Reck
10-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Bed Bugs will be having lifetime parties in that thing.

baseline bum
10-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Anyone see that 30 for 30 "Broke?" There's definitely worse investments/purchases than this.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

That was the best one by far

ALVAREZ6
10-10-2012, 08:20 PM
quality investment tbh...big ass man can roll around spread his limbs and be fully comfortable.

TDMVPDPOY
10-10-2012, 11:28 PM
lol 24k....shit man, u know how many matresses he couldve bought and stitch them together making it a bigger bed than the one he currently owns...

BRHornet45
10-10-2012, 11:40 PM
apparently they're into some kinky, dress up type of shit too. Jefferson on Mo moments after that pic was taken ...

http://www.gifflix.com/files/fb4dadc53bf4.gif

DMC
10-11-2012, 12:10 AM
Anything custom made is going to be expensive. 23K for him is like 23 dollars for most of us. I'd give 23 dollars for a custom king size bed.

Latarian Milton
10-11-2012, 01:12 AM
^ exactly that's why most professional athletes will go broke soon after retiring imho

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-11-2012, 06:48 AM

That was by far the dumbest most unintentionally funny 30 for 30 I've seen. They made it as if the audience was supposed to feel sorry for the athletes.

:crypeople don't understand that athletes are taxed in the highest bracket and don't understand how taxes work when they get their first paycheck:cry

:cryother rich people have CPAs who find deductions and ways to lower their tax rate and get stuff taxed at the cap gains rate:cry

Yeah well maybe the athletes should hire the same CPAs hedge fund managers hire and make safe investments in mutual funds where their proceeds can be taxed at the cap gains rate.

The inflatable furniture business idea was one of the best ones. Another good one was Mike Vick deciding a fat Asian woman named Wong, who worked out of her home because she wasn't allowed to work at any firm that traded on the NYSE after stealing money from two widows, was an asset manager he could trust.

http://media.cnbc.com/i/CNBC/Sections/CNBC_TV/CNBC_US/Shows/_Documentaries_Specials/American_Greed/Season_04/Episode_33/Slideshow/AG33New/AG_33_SS_Wong.jpg

Than after that didn't work, he hired a guy who's educational backgroun was in medicine but said he was a financial management expert.

Schilling was the guy who I easily had the least sympathy for. He went broke because he's a money grubbing neo-conservative who wanted to horde as much as he possibly could so he invested in a get rich quick idea. The guys who were taken advantage of by their parents are the ones I feel sorry for because that's the one situation I saw where the athlete got burned by someone they shoulda been able to trust.

Calispursfan11
10-11-2012, 10:00 AM
The article says Jefferson is on 6-9...? I didn't think he was such a midget.

Latarian Milton
10-11-2012, 10:37 AM
dude's listed 6'10 officially and it's not uncommon players lie about their sizes by 1-2 inches imho

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Big Al's going native. Can't play favorites, got to have room for wives 1-6.

baseline bum
10-11-2012, 01:30 PM
That was by far the dumbest most unintentionally funny 30 for 30 I've seen. They made it as if the audience was supposed to feel sorry for the athletes.

:crypeople don't understand that athletes are taxed in the highest bracket and don't understand how taxes work when they get their first paycheck:cry

:cryother rich people have CPAs who find deductions and ways to lower their tax rate and get stuff taxed at the cap gains rate:cry

Yeah well maybe the athletes should hire the same CPAs hedge fund managers hire and make safe investments in mutual funds where their proceeds can be taxed at the cap gains rate.

The inflatable furniture business idea was one of the best ones. Another good one was Mike Vick deciding a fat Asian woman named Wong, who worked out of her home because she wasn't allowed to work at any firm that traded on the NYSE after stealing money from two widows, was an asset manager he could trust.

http://media.cnbc.com/i/CNBC/Sections/CNBC_TV/CNBC_US/Shows/_Documentaries_Specials/American_Greed/Season_04/Episode_33/Slideshow/AG33New/AG_33_SS_Wong.jpg

Than after that didn't work, he hired a guy who's educational backgroun was in medicine but said he was a financial management expert.

Schilling was the guy who I easily had the least sympathy for. He went broke because he's a money grubbing neo-conservative who wanted to horde as much as he possibly could so he invested in a get rich quick idea. The guys who were taken advantage of by their parents are the ones I feel sorry for because that's the one situation I saw where the athlete got burned by someone they shoulda been able to trust.

When LeBron goes down in flames it's going to be the funniest story by far.

http://i.imgur.com/PyJkb.jpg

That wasn't the tab from their title celebration, but allegedly from a trip to the club in 2011. CROFL $8 a bottle for Fiji water. :rollin

Then again, Andre Rison marrying Left Eye and having her burn his mansion down was pretty hilarious too.

The Gemini Method
10-11-2012, 01:35 PM
DoK great post...that was hilarious...especially that football player who gave some broad access to his banking account...um, yeah, good move there...

DMC
10-11-2012, 04:21 PM
^ exactly that's why most professional athletes will go broke soon after retiring imho

This is true, plus they get these "never paid for" items like homes and shit where taxes eat them alive. Most white players do ok though.

Koolaid_Man
10-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Hi Sour Candy...just wanted you to know that I really love eating and licking sour candy...I put those sour candies on my chin and lick the the shit out of em....just thought you should know that....