PDA

View Full Version : This May Be Late... BUT...

gophergeorge
06-26-2005, 06:09 PM
As we were watching game seven, Nazr grabbed a rebound late in game... and Timmy scored shortly thereafter...

I told my buddy Ruben that RIGHT there, was the turning point....

Did anyone else catch that and get the same feeling?????

BTW... I can't wait till next year....

Go Spurs Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpursFanDan
06-26-2005, 06:10 PM
I believe he blocked ben wallace, then got the ball...so technically it isnt a rebound.

boutons
06-26-2005, 06:18 PM
It's never too late to re-live or re-view the "12-minute NBA Championship Game".

Nazr's block of Ben down low and Bruce's block of Chauncey downtown beautifully eptimoized the brutal, shut-down, Shut-The-Fuck-Up defense the Spurs mercilessly inflicted upon the Defending World Champions, who scored only 17 pts in the most important quarter of the entire season, while allowing the Spurs to score more than they did in any other qtr.

timvp
06-26-2005, 06:20 PM
I believe he blocked ben wallace, then got the ball...so technically it isnt a rebound.

Well yeah, if you block someone and get the ball it is a rebound. The retrieval of any missed shot, including blocks, is a rebound.

(It used to be that score keepers would give rebounds for shots even if the rebound came after the buzzer. That is why you see players chasing the ball even though the quarter may be over. I'm not sure if they changed that rule, though.)

But if Gopher is talking about that Mohammed block, that wouldn't be a rebound because it was a shot clock violation.

exstatic
06-26-2005, 06:20 PM
For every missed shot attempt, or FT attempt, there is a rebound. That is where the mysterious "team rebound" stat comes from. If a shooter misses his first FT, there is a "team rebound" for his team. If a shooter misses his second FT or a FGA and the ball goes out of bounds without being touched, the opposing team gets a "team rebound".

It doesn't matter if he blocked it first. If Nazr came up with the ball, he gets a rebound on his stat sheet.

edit: if it was after the shot clock, then it's a "team rebound".

SpursFanDan
06-26-2005, 06:32 PM
alright take it easy score keeper.

1Parker1
06-26-2005, 06:47 PM
:lol Actually, I think the turning point in Game 7 was in the 3rd quarter when Duncan dived for that loose ball after his miss and Billups fell over him. When you see Tim Duncan like that, diving to the floor and putting his 4 ankle sprains on the line like that, you KNOW something special is about to happen.

...I think he may have hurt his ribs or something in that play actually.

Horry For 3!
06-26-2005, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I put that moment in my post for the San Antonio Spurs Chamions thread...that Nazr's block on Ben and then 24 shot clock went off was huge. Because Ben could of cut it to 1 point lead.

duncan_21
06-26-2005, 07:01 PM
For me it was when duncan started hitting those mid range bank shots. Once he did that his offense opened up which lead to him being doubled and creating for others.

I was sure that the spurs were gonna win. Once td hit his outside shots there was absolutely no doubt for me. With td hittin his shots and bowen on rabbit tooth I new the spurs were gonna win.

Hook Dem
06-26-2005, 07:35 PM
For me it was when duncan started hitting those mid range bank shots. Once he did that his offense opened up which lead to him being doubled and creating for others.

I was sure that the spurs were gonna win. Once td hit his outside shots there was absolutely no doubt for me. With td hittin his shots and bowen on rabbit tooth I new the spurs were gonna win.
rabbit tooth...... :lol :lol :lol