PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent: Donyell Marshall

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2005, 06:26 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_donyell_marshall.jpghttp://www.nba.com/raptors/images/raptors_logo.gif

Donyell Marshall | 42
Position: F
Born: May 18, 1973
Height: 6-9 / 2,06
Weight: 230 lbs. / 104,3 kg.
College : Connecticut '95

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/donyell_marshall/index.html)

Perhaps out of the Spurs' price range, but he'd be a nice guy to have on the bench.

ducks
06-26-2005, 06:29 PM
could always be a sign and trade

spurs could also trade barry or rasho for him

Brodels
06-26-2005, 06:29 PM
He's really a great player because he does a lot of the little things. But it's hard to imagine the Spurs having the money or playing time for him.

Kori Ellis
06-26-2005, 07:05 PM
There was supposedly upward of 15 teams trying to trade for him this season. So I think with that kind of interest he's going to be out of the Spurs price range.

ALVAREZ6
06-26-2005, 07:06 PM
I remember this dude nailing 12 or 13 threes on the Sixers this season in one game...

duncan_21
06-26-2005, 07:17 PM
I watched this guy play with the bulls. He's a very good 3rd option on offense. He's got a decent post game, a great jumper with range from 3 land. He also is a solid rebounder and shot blocker.

With hopefully horry coming back, rasho, scola I don't see t his guy coming to the spurs.

ALVAREZ6
06-26-2005, 07:18 PM
I think we are more than fine with Nazr, Rob, Rasho, and Scola.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2005, 07:19 PM
What if Rasho is moved?

Horry For 3!
The Spurs were interested in him this year.

Kori Ellis
What if Rasho is moved?

Or they can't get Scola here?

ALVAREZ6
06-26-2005, 07:20 PM
Or they can't get Scola here?
Then I'll be pretty damn pissed.

whottt
06-26-2005, 07:22 PM
:tu on Donyell.

ALVAREZ6
06-26-2005, 07:23 PM
It would be great having Donyell here if Scola or Rasho weren't here and we could afford him, but I think he would want to play more considering Horry will still get more playing time.

E20
06-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Marshall was like fuck you to Kobe's record of trey's in a game.

Manu20
06-26-2005, 07:27 PM
It would be great having Donyell here if Scola or Rasho weren't here and we could afford him, but I think he would want to play more considering Horry will still get more playing time.
Marshall will get a lot of minutes during the regular season but come playoff time Horry will probably play more.

T Park
06-26-2005, 08:48 PM
Would Toronto go for a sign and trade??

They need a center in the worst way......

Nesterovic for Marshall, Marshall gets a 3 year 18 million dollar deal

maybe 22....

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Would I want him on the Spurs? Heck yeah!

Will it happen? Doubtful.

It always nice to dream though.

NCaliSpurs
06-26-2005, 10:30 PM
Pop was highly complementary of D. Marshall if I remember correctly.

I am pretty sure he could be had for the MLE.

AI-square
06-26-2005, 10:34 PM
I remember this dude nailing 12 or 13 threes on the Sixers this season in one game...

I was hoping no one would remind me of that. That was a monster performance. The Spurs will be scary with yet another 3-point shooter. Donyell's 32 so perhaps he's got a couple of good years left.

If the Spurs don't want this guy Philly could go for him.

Eva
06-26-2005, 10:45 PM
Man a big thumbs up for Marshall. This guy can score in the post, rebound, hustle, doing all the dirty work and of course, knocking down treys.

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Any new news on Marshall?

mookie2001
07-07-2005, 10:29 AM
whatever happened to donny marshall of the 03 nets
he was like a combo of rick fox and the third

spurjur
07-07-2005, 10:30 AM
I think D. Marshall would be a great pickup for the Spurs, but then that would mean no Scola. Pop has been saying that Scola is someone they want to bring in. It has to do with money though. Scola's contract has to be bought out and then a contract would have to worked out. Marshall will come if the Spurs do a sign and trade with Rasho included. The Spurs need a big who will give them defense. As much as I dislike Rasho on the offensive side, he held is own when it came to blocking shots. He is a weak rebounder though. At 7 ft. you have to do a better job on the boards.

mookie2001
07-07-2005, 10:31 AM
doesnt it say he's 6-9

he's recently averaged 10+rbs a game, am i mistaken?
donyell not donny

mookie2001
07-07-2005, 10:45 AM
ok i looked it up
he is 6-9
and he's averaged 10+ rbs in two seasons and 9.9 rbs in one
not bad

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-07-2005, 10:49 AM
The age thing is a big concern for me. I thought the big focus this offseason was trying to secure a good future for the Spurs, if Marshall = No Scola, then suddenly there's a pair of 30 somethings splitting minutes in the frontcourt.

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2005, 10:51 AM
In homage to Casper...

Any new news on Marshall?

ChumpDumper
07-07-2005, 11:04 AM
The age thing is a big concern for me. I thought the big focus this offseason was trying to secure a good future for the Spurs, if Marshall = No Scola, then suddenly there's a pair of 30 somethings splitting minutes in the frontcourt.Leave the projects for 13 and 14. This is the Spurs' window right now. Get guys who can keep the championships coming in now. Make hay while the sun shines, etc....

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2005, 11:09 AM
Leave the projects for 13 and 14. This is the Spurs' window right now. Get guys who can keep the championships coming in now. Make hay while the sun shines, etc....

No kidding. The Spurs play for championships, not how many young prospects they can collect. They have 5 right now overseas anyways and will likely have 2 or 3 on IR next season.

Let's have guys on the bench who you don't have to potty train.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-07-2005, 11:12 AM
Leave the projects for 13 and 14. This is the Spurs' window right now. Get guys who can keep the championships coming in now. Make hay while the sun shines, etc....

That window is why I would favor someone a little younger. Keeping Horry fresh for the playoffs becomes an increasingly difficult task as he gets older, so having a somewhat younger back-up that can carry heavier minutes than him would be a worthwhile thing to have. I will be the first to admit that I don't know too much about Marshall, and for all I know he's one of those guys like Malone or Kevin Willis who stays in such good shape that they play like they're a few years younger than they really are. I would just be more in favor of a guy like Scola who has some fresher legs.

Marcus Bryant
07-07-2005, 11:15 AM
That window is why I would favor someone a little younger. Keeping Horry fresh for the playoffs becomes an increasingly difficult task as he gets older, so having a somewhat younger back-up that can carry heavier minutes than him would be a worthwhile thing to have. I will be the first to admit that I don't know too much about Marshall, and for all I know he's one of those guys like Malone or Kevin Willis who stays in such good shape that they play like they're a few years younger than they really are. I would just be more in favor of a guy like Scola who has some fresher legs.

You want guys who can contribute, not guys who are learning the game. Also, you want guys who you can afford at the end of the bench.

Kersey, Elie, Porter, Ferry, Kerr, GRob, etc...

ChumpDumper
07-07-2005, 11:45 AM
Keeping Horry fresh for the playoffs becomes an increasingly difficult task as he gets older, so having a somewhat younger back-up that can carry heavier minutes than him would be a worthwhile thing to have.Rahim and Marshall played 35 and 25 mpg respectively last season -- Marshall could've handled more. They can definitely spell Horry.

timvp
07-07-2005, 04:46 PM
It seems like there are a bunch of teams who are going after Abdur-Rahim with Marshall as their fallback plan. It looks like the pecking order goes SARS, Marshall, Swift then Kwame with regards to power forwards on the market.

ChumpDumper
07-07-2005, 04:49 PM
It seems like there are a bunch of teams who are going after Abdur-Rahim with Marshall as their fallback plan.Fuck it -- let's get both!

Mr. Body
07-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Marshall would be a better fit for the Spurs, other than his age. He went for a solid few months last season coming off the bench and bombing away from distance. Including the famous 12 3-pointers made game, he was highly productive from outside. He also is a solid defensive rebounder, too.

SARS I just don't see working as well. He has no outside shot, not at that range, and does not play well as a bench player, not at all. He needs lots of minutes. I would favor a Marshall + Scola situation rather than simply SARS (because SARS would mean no Scola).