PDA

View Full Version : Attention San Antonio Military, Free Tickets for TXST vs LATECH Game

BobcatSoldier
10-11-2012, 08:35 PM
The Texas State Athletic Dept has donated 800 tickets to the LaTech game in San Marcos on 10 Nov to veterans/military & family for military appreciation day. You can request the tickets here: http://www.vettix.org/. You need to register with either a .mil address or send them a DD214. However, that will get you access to free/cheap tickets to lots of other events too. These will be available starting 23Oct, but the the info is up now inside the website.

PLEASE tell every qualified person you know to check it out. We want to make sure all of these tickets are used so the athletic dept will make this more than a one time deal. We'd like TxSt to do this more than just once a year. Please pass along the link to any vets you know who might consider going.

FkLA
10-12-2012, 12:42 AM
Without trying to hate, you think your Athletic Department did this because of the poor attendance vs Nevada and to a lesser extent SFA? And honestly I dont see why San Antonio military would back the Bobcats unless they have some ties to Texas State, since theres arguably a better product in town.

BobcatSoldier
10-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Actually this has been requested by soldiers themselves. Texas State University has always been recognized as a military friendly school. Also these tickets were not given away they were paid for with university money. As far as a better product in San Antonio there isn't one. I don't think either school has earned that yet, and you probably got a taste of reality this weekend with a very poor Rice team. We got the same servings with Texas Tech, Nevada, and New Mexico and have nothing to show for except our 3 wins against little ol SFA, UH, and horrible Idaho team (UTSA will definitely beat). We are just getting started chief so I wouldn't get too cocky till a couple of more seasons are under each schools belt; I know the Texas State Bobcats are not there yet haha

Thank you and Eat Em Up Cats

BobcatSoldier
10-14-2012, 01:53 PM
Also let me clarify paid with university money. The athletic dept used money from the women's football clinic to help pay for these and then donate them to this organization. Most schools just hand over a block of tickets and call it good but apparently not Texas State. We are hoping all 800 get picked up (which I'm sure they will) so the univerity sees a need to provide more on a routine basis.

Pelicans78
10-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Aren't Texas State going to the Sun Belt next season? My alma South Alabama just started their first year in the Sun Belt this season. Its been a better conference in football this season compared to the WAC and C-USA.

BobcatSoldier
10-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Yes, Texas State will be a member of the Sun belt Conference next year. It looks to be a tough and challenging road ahead.

FkLA
10-15-2012, 08:47 PM
I didnt mean UTSA is way better, obviously theyre in the same transitional state as TxSt and both have a ways to go to get where they want to be...I just think theyve had the better season (especially prior to this last game) despite the difference in strength of schedules.

Spursfan092120
10-15-2012, 09:38 PM
despite the difference in strength of schedules.
All I heard out of that sentence. UTSA has had a good year, no doubt about it. But I don't see them better than Texas State. No way.

FkLA
10-15-2012, 09:54 PM
All I heard out of that sentence. UTSA has had a good year, no doubt about it. But I don't see them better than Texas State. No way.

Do you think Texas State is clearly better? Cause I think theyre in the same boat really, wouldnt say one has separated itself from the other at this point. Considering the circumstances though (2nd year program, only 70 scholarship players, mostly underclassmen) I think UTSA has had the better season, and because of that I dont see why San Antonio natives would make the trip to San Marcos unless they have ties to the university.

BobcatSoldier
10-15-2012, 10:48 PM
Your answer a simple no we don't. The main focus of this thread is to let military know there are 800 seats paid for and set aside for them for the Texas State vs Louisiana Tech Football game. Nothing in regards to UTSA was intended to be discussed.

Thank you that is all

Spursfan092120
10-15-2012, 11:35 PM
Do you think Texas State is clearly better? Cause I think theyre in the same boat really, wouldnt say one has separated itself from the other at this point. Considering the circumstances though (2nd year program, only 70 scholarship players, mostly underclassmen) I think UTSA has had the better season, and because of that I dont see why San Antonio natives would make the trip to San Marcos unless they have ties to the university.
Because San Marcos isn't that far away and it's a free football game. UTSA has had a good season, while TxSt has played tougher teams. Does UTSA give free tickets to military?

Spursfan092120
10-15-2012, 11:35 PM
Your answer a simple no we don't. The main focus of this thread is to let military know there are 800 seats paid for and set aside for them for the Texas State vs Louisiana Tech Football game. Nothing in regards to UTSA was intended to be discussed.

Thank you that is all
Good response...and I wish I was in the military..lol

FkLA
10-16-2012, 12:35 AM

Thank you that is all

You brought up San Antonio and I brought up UTSA simply to say I see no reason why San Antonio natives would make the trip when they have the Runners here. You made it a discussion about their record and play this season tbh. But good luck and hopefully the attendance improves for you guys.

Because San Marcos isn't that far away and it's a free football game. UTSA has had a good season, while TxSt has played tougher teams. Does UTSA give free tickets to military?

UTSA tickets are easy to come by, military or not.