PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever saved somebody's life

phxspurfan
10-11-2012, 09:29 PM
One time in downtown Chicago my friends and I were behind this car at a T intersection at a red light and for some reason the car in front of us starts to drive forward while the light was still red. I honked my horn and the car immediately stopped, just before a huge other car passed right in front of it going across the intersection left to right. I was like holy sh*t we just saved that girl's life

Drachen
10-11-2012, 09:48 PM
When I was 14 I went to Rehobeth Beach, DE with my parents and proceeded to have a blast in the biggest waves I had ever seen (I had only ever been to the gulf before). Then this insane riptide hit all of a sudden and I was up to my chest. To be safe, I decided to get into shallower water and as I was walking in, there was this kid, maybe 10 years old who was floating toward me, but he was smiling and I thought nothing of it (I thought he may be a local and knows what he is doing). Shortly after that I heard him scream and start crying. So I turned around and grabbed his arm. At this point I was back up to my chest and the tide got even stronger. I was able to take two more steps toward the beach, then, with him being nothing but dead weight, I just dug my feet in and tried to anchor the both of us. I waited out the tide which lasted about another 5 minutes and then started walking us in. I got about a third of the way in and lifeguard came up to us all like "DON'T PANIC, I'M HERE TO HELP!". I was like, "Thanks for the help NOW, but I am fine now."

Latarian Milton
10-11-2012, 11:48 PM
^ say you've been living in the US since before your 15th birthday and your now in your mid 30s or something, and you still sound dumb like 13yr old :lmao know some europeans (not from UK or Ireland) who immigrated in their late 20s and after just a few years spent in the US they already speak fluent english like americans do tbh

DD
10-11-2012, 11:52 PM
All the time, though most are better off dead.

mrsmaalox
10-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Hundreds.

Exaggerator
10-12-2012, 09:01 AM
Hundreds.

Agloco
10-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Hundreds.

Same. I've never really kept exact count tbh.

Drachen
10-12-2012, 10:01 AM
Same. I've never really kept exact count tbh.

Could have been millions if you focused your time/money on cancer.

DMC
10-12-2012, 12:20 PM
I saved a lot of lives just the other day when I killed a shit eating dog.

Agloco
10-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Could have been millions if you focused your time/money on cancer.

mouse hack!!