PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent: Bo Outlaw

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2005, 06:47 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/outlaw_140_050126.jpghttp://www.nba.com/suns/images/suns_logo.gif

Bo Outlaw | 46
Position: F
Born: Apr 13, 1971
Height: 6-8 / 2,03
Weight: 220 lbs. / 99,8 kg.
College : Houston '93

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/bo_outlaw/index.html)

If the Spurs move Rasho this offseason there could be a need for some bigman depth. Perhaps Outlaw would like to spend a tour or two with his hometown team. I forget if he had some serious injury problems but he was always a great active guy in the paint. As a 4th or 5th big he wouldn't be bad.

Horry For 3!
06-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Bo Outlaw? Ehhh I don't think so.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2005, 06:51 PM
Who instead?

Horry For 3!
06-26-2005, 06:52 PM
Why are you listing all these players who suck? lmao

SpursFanDan
06-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Hes from san antonio.. he went to john jay... it would be great for him to finally win one, in his home state.

Mr. Body
06-26-2005, 07:13 PM

No joke. He's gotta cut this crap out.

ALVAREZ6
06-26-2005, 07:13 PM
Yeah dude, honostly, no one cares.

Kori Ellis
06-26-2005, 07:14 PM

You do realize that the Spurs don't have any cap room, right?

So they aren't going to get any top tier players in free agency. Just role players to fill out the end of the bench.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2005, 07:23 PM
I post players who are in the Spurs' price range. Last season the major non-Spur free agent signing was Brent Barry and that was when the Spurs had some cap room. After Barry, the next non-Spur free agent signing was Linton Johnson. Hardly a household name.

Why are you guys unable to discuss free agency in light of the reality the Spurs face? Seems to be because you don't know enough to do so.

whottt
06-26-2005, 07:26 PM
:tu to Bo...a definite :tu

Wouldn't hurt the Spurs at all to sign the one man trap...in fact I'd say his tenure in the Silver and Black is long overdue...You want a guy who can clamp down on long SF's? This guy can do it...

whottt
06-26-2005, 08:09 PM
Bo needs to be bumped....I am amazed this guy got pissed on by Spursfans so quickly....

This guy is a good damn player...he's pure energy, he plays fantastic d...and oh yeah...he's the 4th best FG% shooter in NBA history..and he's from SA.

This guy is the answer to our long SF's problems...they'll work to score with Bo on them. This guy can defend 2 guards or PF's as well...he's a great defensive player and he can press like a mofo...

Spursfans need to reconsider this guy. We'll need him for Amare...we'll need him for TMac.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2005, 08:11 PM
Spurs could use a mobile big with a propensity to rebound and run the floor.

jalbre6
06-26-2005, 08:13 PM
Bo needs to be bumped....I am amazed this guy got pissed on by Spursfans so quickly....

This guy is a good damn player...he's pure energy, he plays fantastic d...and oh yeah...he's the 4th best FG% shooter in NBA history..and he's from SA.

This guy is the answer to our long SF's problems...they'll work to score with Bo on them. This guy can defend 2 guards or PF's as well...he's a great defensive player and he can press like a mofo...

Spursfans need to reconsider this guy. We'll need him for Amare...we'll need him for TMac.

I just read he played about 5 minutes a game in 39 appearances in Phoenix last season. If that's all SA is expecting him to contribute, sign his ass up. He could run the court pretty well from what I remember of him in Orlando.

whottt
06-26-2005, 08:20 PM
He gets limited minutes because he's not a good offensive player at all and he uses so much energy when he is on the court...but when he takes a shot he makes it...and I definitely see him having value against a guy like Amare and long SF's...

He is getting up there in years, but he'd still be faster than any big on our team(probably faster than Scola too)...We need a fast big...all our bigs our slow...Duncan is probably the fastest one and he doesn't run like he used too. Horry is not fast...he's never been fast...and Nazr is the slowest on our team. And this guys mastery of the press gives us an extra dimension on defense that we don't really have now...he's probably the best press defender in the NBA. He can be a hella disruptive force to another teams offensive flow. And back to the Amare thing...he's seen Amare enough up close and personal to have an edge against him that most other journeymen won't have.

Dre_7
06-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Bo would fit right in with the Spurs!!!

Couldnt hit a FT if his life depended on it.

midgetonadonkey
06-26-2005, 09:07 PM
Bring him in for the hard fouls. We had nobody that can throw motherfuckers around. Sometimes we need to intimidate people in the lane and this dude can do that.

xcoriate
06-26-2005, 09:15 PM
I like this actually. He can guard the longer 3s and is in the passing lanes like a mofo.

His energy is also ridiculous. Plus he can cover the 4/5.

I like it.

spurster
06-26-2005, 09:31 PM
He hustles, he defends, he shoots FTs badly, and he doesn't pull his shirt over his head when frustrated. Sounds like a Spur to me.

TheWriter
07-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Why not bring the "Son of S.A.M" home?

exstatic
07-14-2005, 09:21 PM
:vomit

Sense
07-14-2005, 09:22 PM
Worst Shot ever.

TheWriter
07-14-2005, 09:23 PM
:vomit

Dude would be like the 13th man.

And if you thought he was a major cheerleader with the Suns, wonder how he'd be with his hometown Spurs?

I say why not.

genghisrex
07-14-2005, 09:42 PM
I've always liked Bo and his defensive intensity definitely fits this team. I don't think I saw him play at all last year, but if he's in good condition the Spurs could do a lot worse in filling out the end of the bench.

Sense
07-14-2005, 09:43 PM
Dude would be like the 13th man.

And if you thought he was a major cheerleader with the Suns, wonder how he'd be with his hometown Spurs?

I say why not.

One of the worst players in the NBA, his shot is the ugliest I've ever seen, and he'd just be wasting room, and money.

Spurologist
07-15-2005, 06:58 AM
Did this guy even see 1 sec of playing time in the playoffs for the suns? If the spurs want to sign a player to fill the bench, I am sure there are plenty other players available. I mean, come on. It would be nice if the spurs could get someone that can shoot the ball, not throw it.

batman2883
07-15-2005, 08:08 AM
Heck yes Bo Outlaw needs to come back home to win a championship, I wouldnt mind boasting that a person from my former high school won an NBA Championship.

batman2883
07-15-2005, 08:10 AM
Did this guy even see 1 sec of playing time in the playoffs for the suns? If the spurs want to sign a player to fill the bench, I am sure there are plenty other players available. I mean, come on. It would be nice if the spurs could get someone that can shoot the ball, not throw it.

He's got a point, but you still gotta look at it this way, did the Spurs really every play Linton Johnson? Or during the playoffs, did we really see much of Rasho Nesterovic?

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2005, 08:53 AM
I forgot, the Spurs' 12th man must be a current All-Star.

My apologies.

spurjur
07-15-2005, 09:17 AM
I like Bo. He can't be any worse than Tony Massenburg or Kevin Willis. I think him playing for his hometown would just add more energy to this guy. He is a veteran that can be a good locker room presence.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-15-2005, 09:24 AM
If Marks isn't coming back I certainly don't see why the Spurs couldn't use Outlaw. So what if he didn't play alot of minutes for the Suns? With the exception of Jim Jackson, no one did. He's a proven journeyman, he's from SA, and he'll have six fouls to burn the same as everyone else.

Spurologist
07-15-2005, 09:27 AM
I would probably love him too if he went to my high school. But seing it from a spurs point of view, they just want him to replace other deep bench guys ljIII right? Please tell me what role he is going to provide other than being a cheerleader. Don't the spurs already have a good locker room presence?

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2005, 09:30 AM
Bo would be great for the last couple of minutes of quarters. If the Spurs wanted to throw some traps at an opponent, Outlaw brings the type of aggressive full-court D you would need.

Robert Horry's career looked all but over when he joined the Spurs.

strangeweather
07-15-2005, 03:08 PM
As long as it's a minimum deal to replace TMass or Marks, I think he'd be great.

He probably wouldn't even be active until/unless we trade Rasho or Nazr, or if someone gets hurt. But if a trade goes through, he'd be nice to have as an 11th or 12th man to come off the bench and steady things if need be.

Sense
07-15-2005, 03:11 PM
I forgot, the Spurs' 12th man must be a current All-Star.

My apologies.

This coming from you is hilarious. :lol

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2005, 03:15 PM
How so? I've posted a plethora of suggestions for the 12th man, none of whom could be mistaken for an All-Star.

Sense
07-15-2005, 03:18 PM
How so? I've posted a plethora of suggestions for the 12th man, none of whom could be mistaken for an All-Star.
:lol

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2005, 03:19 PM
um, ok.

BigVee
07-15-2005, 03:25 PM
Mixed feelings on this guy. Don't need another bricklayer out there, for sure. But, this guy is one of more intense defensive players in the league. He will pester and frustrate most players and plays with everything he's got. I would think the Spurs could find the right situations to put him in a game.

ChumpDumper
07-15-2005, 03:33 PM
He'd be a fantastic practice player and spot minute reserve.