PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent: Nikoloz Tskitishvili

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2005, 07:03 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_nikoloz_tskitishvili.jpghttp://www.nba.com/warriors/images/warriors_logo.gif

Nikoloz Tskitishvili | 20
Position: F
Born: Apr 14, 1983
Height: 7-0 / 2,13
Weight: 225 lbs. / 102,1 kg.

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/nikoloz_tskitishvili/index.html)

Potential low cost IR reclamation project. Seems destined for the Euroleagues though.

Mark in Austin
06-26-2005, 07:08 PM
Would be a great player in case we ever have to match up against Darko.

:lol

Seriously, this would be an interesting option...there were a ton of people high on him when he was drafted...and he seems pretty grounded from what I've seen.

Manu20
06-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Intersting, he is still young and could have some upside.

Mr. Body
06-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Ha ha. Don't think so.

SpursFanDan
06-26-2005, 07:13 PM
he was supposed to be good when he first came into the league...but he hasnt improved.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Bust

Kori Ellis
06-26-2005, 07:32 PM
He needs to go to the NBDL on a team with a good coaching staff. I don't think that he's a permanent bust, but he needs some help.

Horry For 3!
06-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Don't know much about him.

whottt
06-26-2005, 07:35 PM
:td but only because he's a project...and even worse...he's tried very hard ti improve...he's just not that good of an NBA player. I say no...we need guys that can contribute to a title run...we'll have enough projects as it is.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2005, 07:36 PM
There are a number of guys who struggled to find their place in the league as young players who later on were useful, such as Mario Elie and Bruce Bowen. Sure, the odds are against the kid, but if we are talking about a 1 year minimum contract he might be worth a try...

T Park
06-27-2005, 01:40 AM
He needs to go to the NBDL on a team with a good coaching staff

This guy is just screaming for the Spurs to sign him.

BTW, the clowns at Denver Nuggets Talk, are making fun of this thread.....

CalsonicKansei
06-27-2005, 01:56 AM
I can spell "shit" two times with his last name. Tshitzjwjiclphilly

ChumpDumper
06-27-2005, 04:25 AM
Invite him to Summer League -- what could it hurt? We need a running buddy for young Viktor -- either him or Vlad Stepania....

SlovenianGuy
06-27-2005, 04:49 AM
Vladimir Stepania and Nikoloz Tskitishvili both played in Slovenia before leaving for the NBA.

T Park
06-27-2005, 04:50 AM
Sanikidze aint comin over this summer.....

Is he?? I fully fully doubt it.

It would be awesome if he could though, the guy sounds amazing.

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2005, 07:44 AM
Since the Spurs will be capped out for quite some time now they have to look at guys like this (as well as guys overlooked in the draft and available when they draft), guys who other teams have given up on and are available for nothing. None of us in this thread see this guy as anything but a long term project who would be stuck on IR next season. Certainly not someone who has a shot at coming in next season and being a contributor.

With regards to the Nuggets, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank them for Devin Brown. :)

Cara De Dedăo
06-27-2005, 08:22 AM
Hi, there.

Congratulations on the 'Ship.

As for Skita... Keep distance...

Even though he has the "potential" and "upside" people talk about all the time, he won't succeed in the NBA... He has no confidence, and he doesn't think he belong on the IR... Hell, he whined because he was on the end of the bench while with the Nuggs... People were screaming bust, and he was DEMANDING A TRADE!... The problem with Skita is that he thinks since he was drafted 5th, he's a certified "star" but he never proved to have a glimpse of star talent...

Well, take your chances... Maybe you'll get lucky... But I wouldn't recomend though...

PS: http://nuggets.proboards1.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=nuggets&thread=1109339665&page=1

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2005, 08:35 AM
If the Spurs are interested, they'll give him a shot in the RMR. If they like what they see, he'll get an invitation in the form of a 1 year minimum deal with a team option for another at the minimum to ride IR for a season and work on his game.

Make no mistake, Spurs fans don't see this guy as anything other than a bargain bin free agent who will bring nothing to the team next season.

Since the Spurs' rotation is pretty much set next season, the Spurs have the luxury of looking for rejects and overlooked players in the draft and free agency who someday might develop into a bench role player.

timvp
07-15-2005, 07:53 PM
While former Denver forward Nikoloz Tskitishvili said six teams have expressed interest in him as a free agent, Denver is not one. "I like Skita, but he probably needs a change of scenery," Vandeweghe said.

Interesting. He doesn't seem to be creating much buzz.

The Spurs have the overseas scouts to know if he has any talent. He'd be a low risk, high reward type pickup.

Marcus Bryant
07-15-2005, 09:38 PM
He'd be great to put on IR and let play in the NDBL for a season. Sign him to a 2 year minimum deal.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Bust

picnroll
07-15-2005, 09:47 PM
I seriously doubt that this guy, whether he would benefit from it or not, would agree to go to the NBDL.

sickdsm
07-15-2005, 10:45 PM
He's playing for the wolves summer league team.

I was calling for the wolves to get a good look at him before i found out he was invited.

I have a feeling he will be signed definatly if Griffen starts getting high dollar figures. Even if they sign Griff, i see them trying to lure him also.

"Former Nuggets forward Nikoloz Tskitishvili, who also was in Las Vegas on Wednesday, said six NBA teams he wouldn't name are considering him as a free agent. "I'm going to play in the NBA (next season instead of Europe)," Tskitishvili said. "I don't care about money." Rocky Mountain News

Then.

Tskitishvili's Hot Shooting Ignites Minnesota in 33 Point Victory Over Milwaukee

July 15, 2005
The Minnesota Timberwolves used a hot shooting 2nd quarter from Forward Nikoloz Tskitishvili to propel themselves to a 33-point victory over the Milwaukee Bucks. Tskitishvili came off the bench to score 25 points, while Bucks Center Andrew Bogut struggled inside in his summer league debut.

The Timberwolves opened up the game by starting the 2nd quarter with a 20-4 run, during which Tskitishvili caught fire. He finished with a double-double, 25 points and 10 rebounds, while Forward Ndudi Ebi added 11 points and 9 rebounds. Paul McPherson started for the Timberwolves and hustled all around the court, and converted 5 of his 6 shots.

First overall draft pick Bogut struggled inside against Timberwolves Centers Dwayne Jones, Nick Horvath, and David Simon. Bogut picked up 5 fouls in the first half, while scoring only 3 points. He finished with 7 points in 28 minutes.

Meanwhile, Tskitishvili’s hot shooting and McPherson’s hustle fired up the Target Center crowd. Rashad McCants, the Timberwolves first round draft pick, led the cheers from the bench, despite not suiting up because of a strained right groin.

Guard John Lucas came off the bench and ran the offense well on his way to a game-high 9 assists. Jones started slowly for the Timberwolves, picking up a couple early fouls, before settling down and quieting Bogut.

The Timberwolves hope to carry their hot shooting into their next game, which is against the New York Knicks Saturday night at 7 PM. The Knicks defeated the Toronto Raptors earlier 89-81 behind 27 points from Guard Rueben Douglas.

Brodels
07-15-2005, 10:49 PM
Soft as hell. He makes Rasho look like Charles Oakley.

I'll pass.

Karl Mundt
07-16-2005, 03:03 AM
Invite him to Summer League -- what could it hurt? We need a running buddy for young Viktor -- either him or Vlad Stepania....

Anyone knows what happened to him? He had a hard time getting a contract after the 2003 season but ended up in Portland. I checked their roster and he isn't on it anymore and i couldn't find any news about cutting him. I know he had problems with injuries while there, so i wonder what state he's in. If he's healthy he's definitely worth a look. A 7 footer who used to have a good jumper and he was a great shot blocker while playing here, but doesn't seem to possess that quality anymore. Also was a top 3 rebounder in the league during his last year in Miami, i think Pat Riley said he might be the best in league and could average 15 a game if he had more playing time.

Marcus Bryant
07-20-2005, 01:36 PM
He apparently wants to stay in the league. If so, see if he's willing to spend a season in the NDBL working on his game.

Kori Ellis
07-20-2005, 01:40 PM
Tskitishvili broke his hand in summer league and is out for a while (he had 25 points and 10 boards in 17 minutes though). He should be a super cheap pickup for someone.

wildbill2u
07-20-2005, 01:41 PM
Why would we bring another 5 into play when this isn't our need right now? Go concentrate on SFs and stop wasting bandwidth.

Marcus Bryant
07-20-2005, 01:44 PM
Why would we bring another 5 into play when this isn't our need right now? Go concentrate on SFs

Because, he could play the 3 or 4 perhaps. Regardless, if you can find a 7'0" guy and turn him into an useful player at minimal cost why the fuck not?

and stop wasting bandwidth.

Stop surfing with your boyfriend's strap-on up your ass.

Kori Ellis
07-20-2005, 01:45 PM
Why would we bring another 5 into play when this isn't our need right now? Go concentrate on SFs and stop wasting bandwidth.

The Spurs need to fillout their roster. The rest of their roster won't be all SF's. It was mentioned several times in the press that the Spurs are looking for a SF, a big, and possibly another backup PG. Including Horry, the Spurs only have 10 players locked up.

nkdlunch
07-20-2005, 01:52 PM
This guy is just screaming for the Spurs to sign him.

BTW, the clowns at Denver Nuggets Talk, are making fun of this thread.....

There's a Denver Nuggets Talk site??? :lmao

I can imagine their topics:
How to beat the Spurs by injuring them
Melo's 1000 tips for great corn rows
What Karl's next crybaby excuse should be