PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Put these prime players on the following teams...

Leetonidas
10-12-2012, 11:53 PM
Spurs: Prime Jordan
Heat: Prime Ewing
Lakers: Prime Pippen
Thunder: Prime Magic
Clippers: Prime Shaq
Nuggets: Prime Bird

With the same rosters but magically adding these players to the teams, who would be the favorite to win the NBA title?

lefty
10-12-2012, 11:57 PM
The Lakers already have a prime Pippen

racm
10-12-2012, 11:57 PM
Spurs, tbh... though a lineup of Wade/Allen/James/Bosh/Ewing to close out games would be sick

Leetonidas
10-12-2012, 11:59 PM
I'd like to pick the Spurs, tbh our perimeter defense would be elite but our interior D would get murdered by the Clippers and Heat

Clipper Nation
10-13-2012, 12:12 AM
Holy fuck, a front court of Griffin and prime Shaq would be unstoppable, especially with CP3 distributing the rock to them.... Spurs would be the only team with a chance at beating that team, and that's only due to MJ....

Latarian Milton
10-13-2012, 12:14 AM
any of the 5 would crominate the rest with ease if getting jordan tbh

baseline bum
10-13-2012, 12:21 AM
I'd like to pick the Spurs, tbh our perimeter defense would be elite but our interior D would get murdered by the Clippers and Heat

Murdered by Ewing 14-foot jumpers?

kamikazi_player
10-13-2012, 12:34 AM
:lol giving the spurs the best player in the game

Asif Ali Zardari
10-13-2012, 01:25 AM
Lakers with Howard, Pippen, Kobe and Metta on defense would be arguably the best defense in NBA history.

They could guard Jordan with Pippen/Kobe/Metta, while the Spurs wouldn't have anybody to guard Kobe or Dwight.

They could guard Lebron and Wade with the same matchup, and Howard > Ewing, Pau > Bosh.

Leetonidas
10-13-2012, 01:25 AM

true tbh thats why i gave the Spurs MJ because they are probably the least talented overall of the bunch

Leetonidas
10-13-2012, 01:26 AM
Lakers with Howard, Pippen, Kobe and Metta on defense would be arguably the best defense in NBA history.

They could guard Jordan with Pippen/Kobe/Metta, while the Spurs wouldn't have anybody to guard Kobe or Dwight.

They could guard Lebron and Wade with the same matchup, and Howard > Ewing, Pau > Bosh.

Jordan went HAM on Pippen everyday in practice. none of those niggas could "guard" Jordan. And Jordan was a DPOY, something Kobe never sniffed, so I think MJ will do fine on Kobe

Asif Ali Zardari
10-13-2012, 01:28 AM
You failed to mention that they have Dwight Howard behind them.

timvp
10-13-2012, 01:28 AM
Prime Ewing would probably make the Heat worse, tbh.

LkrFan
10-13-2012, 01:34 AM
Nash
Kobe
Pippen
Pau
D12

Are you kidding me? :wow

Leetonidas
10-13-2012, 01:48 AM
Ewing is so underrated tbh. Should I change Ewing to Robinson? Would that sway any opinions? lol at the notion of Ewing starting over Joel Anthony making them worse :lol

LkrFan
10-13-2012, 01:52 AM
Ewing is so underrated tbh. Should I change Ewing to Robinson? Would that sway any opinions? lol at the notion of Ewing starting over Joel Anthony making them worse :lol
Agreed. Ewing was the beast of the east B.S. (before Shaq) and would dominate as a 2nd option behind LBJ. As a first option? Not so much.

LkrFan
10-13-2012, 01:59 AM
Holy fuck, a front court of Griffin and prime Shaq would be unstoppable, especially with CP3 distributing the rock to them.... Spurs would be the only team with a chance at beating that team, and that's only due to MJ....
Prime Pippen would shut CP3 down like he used to do to a much better player named Isaiah Thomas. Then Kobe would shut down Billups (and no, it was GP who Billups shat on in 2004).

The Bulls were great because they would cut the head off the snake by shutting down the perimeter. Even with Shaq, CP3 is who makes the Clip Show go. Without him being his usual self, you guys do what you historically do (lose). :lol

lefty
10-13-2012, 02:06 AM
Nash
Kobe
Pippen
Pau
D12

Are you kidding me? :wow
They already have a Pippen in Kobe TBH

TheRealCB
10-13-2012, 04:27 AM
Just give prime Tyson to dem Mavs and it's game over tbh

Latarian Milton
10-13-2012, 05:25 AM
true tbh thats why i gave the Spurs MJ because they are probably the least talented overall of the bunch
spurs have a stronger bench than anyone else it looks to me though. they can make up an 8 men rotation from which anyone could've easily make a starting spot on a midtable team imho. spurs fans are kinda spoiled to some extent imho any season w/o a ring would seem a failure to u guys i think, you never think you have the greenest lawn in your yard tbh

Latarian Milton
10-13-2012, 05:31 AM
Just give prime Tyson to dem Mavs and it's game over tbh
just give us da prime becky and niggas would be much happier playing it regardless of rings, they'd pretty much enjoy their lives in the locker room especially tbh

Leetonidas
10-13-2012, 10:17 AM
spurs have a stronger bench than anyone else it looks to me though. they can make up an 8 men rotation from which anyone could've easily make a starting spot on a midtable team imho. spurs fans are kinda spoiled to some extent imho any season w/o a ring would seem a failure to u guys i think, you never think you have the greenest lawn in your yard tbh

true but tbh depth doesn't account for much in the playoffs usually the most stacked with talent win because they end up playing ~40mpg in the playoffs. would Manu even get off the bench with Jordan on the team? :lol

Leetonidas
10-13-2012, 10:18 AM
nobody thinks the Thunder would be scary with Magic running the show instead of Westbrick? Durant would be averaging 40ppg :wow

100%duncan
10-13-2012, 10:23 AM

This tbh.

100%duncan
10-13-2012, 10:25 AM

:lmao :lmao :depressed

FkLA
10-13-2012, 11:33 AM

Agreed. A prime MJ won 6 in a row, it wouldnt even be fair.

To make it more fair maybe we should get prime Kobe instead, but then again wed probably just get knocked out in the 1st round like that tbh.

Clipper Nation
10-13-2012, 11:49 AM
Prime Pippen would shut CP3 down like he used to do to a much better player named Isaiah Thomas. Then Kobe would shut down Billups (and no, it was GP who Billups shat on in 2004).

Who's gonna guard prime Shaq? Brokeback Howard? :lol

Also, :lmao at the idea of Food Stamps shutting ANYONE down defensively...

mavs>spurs
10-13-2012, 12:06 PM
everyone's picking jordan/spurs but i don't really see him being able to overcome magic facilitating the break with westchuck/durant/harden or that super big, defensive lockdown heat team with ewing in the middle. lakers with pippen would be up there as well, 3 way tie anything goes between those 3 tbh. pippen on lebron would be a battle for the ages.

FkLA
10-13-2012, 12:23 PM
^Fair points and my second pick wouldve been Thunder if we moved Westbrook to the SG spot. But can you really argue against 6 out of 6 for a prime Jordan ?

Leetonidas
10-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Let's add the Nuggets to this with a prime Larry Bird as their starting SF, sliding Iguodala over to SG

Leetonidas
10-13-2012, 12:29 PM
tbh the Clippers scare me the most. No one can guard Jordan but Shaq would give the Spurs fits. Old Timmy and Splitter would get fucking creamed. Though Jordan may draw a decent amount of fouls from Shaq

mavs>spurs
10-13-2012, 12:37 PM
^Fair points and my second pick wouldve been Thunder if we moved Westbrook to the SG spot. But can you really argue against 6 out of 6 for a prime Jordan ?

yeah i think at least the thunder and heat would beat them, the heat because lebron/wade can both guard jordan better than anyone he's ever had to face before. wade is probably 2nd goat sg defender of all time, right behind jordan. and they'd have ewing blocking shots behind them as well as the best team defense in the nba. on the flip side, jordan or anyone on the spurs roster couldn't guard lebron who would pose the same size problem for him like magic did back in the day. bosh would pull the spurs bigs out of the paint too...and now they have ray allen to drive and kick it out to along with battier, chalmers, etc.

Leetonidas
10-13-2012, 12:43 PM
mah nigga you forget that Jordan routinely faced off against a better perimeter defender than anyone currently in the NBA in Pippen everyday in practice

mavs>spurs
10-13-2012, 12:48 PM
i think lebron is pippen's equal, if not then he's pretty close. and regardless of the outcome at that end, lebron would own him at the other end even worse, EXACTLY how magic did because he would have the same exact size advantage that gave jordan fits. not to mention his team is just better, and they play great team defense.

Raven
10-13-2012, 12:51 PM
Spurs: Prime Jordan
Heat: Prime Ewing
Lakers: Prime Pippen
Thunder: Prime Magic
Clippers: Prime Shaq
Nuggets: Prime Bird

With the same rosters but magically adding these players to the teams, who would be the favorite to win the NBA title?

very hard call... The spurs wouldn't improve that much with jordan... parker jordan leonard diaw duncan isn't that special, i mean what would parker's role even be, he isn't a good complement to Jordan.. Pippen wouldn't help lakers defensive backcourt problems, shaq + griffin would mean hack a shaq-griffin all night, the nuggets would improve a lot with bird, since lawson iggy bird manimal mcgee is far better then now, but the frontcourt is still not championship level.. I'll go with miami, wade allen lebron bosh ewing is unguardable imho..

Leetonidas
10-13-2012, 12:52 PM
Putting the greatest player in the history of the NBA on the Spurs wouldn't improve them that much? :lol

timvp
10-13-2012, 01:00 PM
lol at the notion of Ewing starting over Joel Anthony making them worse :lol

The Heat became a championship when they switched Bosh to center and LeBron to power forward. In that alignment, it's much more difficult to clog the paint and force LeBron to shoot from the outside. They also become more difficult to contain in transition. If you add Ewing to the middle, you'd then have to slide Bosh back to PF and LeBron back to SF. Defenses could then just go back to sagging and it'd basically come down to Bosh and Ewing winning or losing games with their jumpers. They'd be better defensively with Ewing but they were already really damn good at that end.

Now if you add Pippen to the Heat, that'd be damn scary. LeBron next to Pippen at the forward positions = gg nba.

MR.SILVER&BLack
10-13-2012, 01:04 PM
spurs easy with Jordan. especially with today's pussy defense. Jordan would live at the line.

mavs>spurs
10-13-2012, 01:06 PM
The Heat became a championship when they switched Bosh to center and LeBron to power forward. In that alignment, it's much more difficult to clog the paint and force LeBron to shoot from the outside. They also become more difficult to contain in transition. If you add Ewing to the middle, you'd then have to slide Bosh back to PF and LeBron back to SF. Defenses could then just go back to sagging and it'd basically come down to Bosh and Ewing winning or losing games with their jumpers. They'd be better defensively with Ewing but they were already really damn good at that end.

Now if you add Pippen to the Heat, that'd be damn scary. LeBron next to Pippen at the forward positions = gg nba.

bosh at the C ain't cutting it against shaq/griffin tbh, and as a matter of fact to a lesser extent dwight/gasol. bosh would get constantly dudley'd/brazzered and be forced to go on a 100% nut diet.

MR.SILVER&BLack
10-13-2012, 01:11 PM
should have really given Spurs a PF since its there weakest position.

Leetonidas
10-13-2012, 01:13 PM
You take the best player available imo

MR.SILVER&BLack
10-13-2012, 01:22 PM
but putting jordan on any top team is just not fair

irishock
10-13-2012, 01:24 PM
but putting jordan on any top team is just not fair

Latarian Milton
10-13-2012, 07:38 PM
monkey ball ain't gonna work against elite bigs like a prime ewing or shaq imho, it only works today because those niggas are already extinct. OKC might look good with magic running the court instead of chuckbrook but they would still get ripped apart when durant doesn't get them calls that he thought he would get