PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: 08 WCF, Game 1 - Kobe outscores the Spurs in the Final 17:53 of Game 1 of the WCF

Deuce Bigalow
10-13-2012, 12:35 AM
2008 Western Conference Finals - Game 1

Final 17:53 of Game (From 5:53 left in the 3rd Quarter)
Kobe Bryant- 23 points
Spurs Team- 20 points

http://youtu.be/2h9_ot3ow1I

Rape starts at 5:00 of the video. Parts 9-13 are there as related videos.

:toast

Latarian Milton
10-13-2012, 12:52 AM
rape happened years before that IMHO, dude just got lucky to get away with that i saaaiiiddd

Juggity
10-13-2012, 12:53 AM
Finals worked out pretty well for you guys that year

:lol

Clipper Nation
10-13-2012, 12:55 AM
:lol Living in the past
:lol Tired schtick

Deuce Bigalow
10-13-2012, 12:56 AM
Finals worked out pretty well for you guys that year

:lol
Yeah, back to back championships a year later. Worked out pretty well.

Deuce Bigalow
10-13-2012, 12:57 AM
:lol Living in the past
:lol Tired schtick
You don't got any past to remember or enjoy in sports, you're a clipper fan.

ElNono
10-13-2012, 01:03 AM
Don't forget setting a new record for worst loss in NBA Finals history that year... food-stamps just the record-setter he's supposed to be, tbh...

Deuce Bigalow
10-13-2012, 01:07 AM
Don't forget setting a new record for worst loss in NBA Finals history that year... food-stamps just the record-setter he's supposed to be, tbh...
Hard to win that game when Kobe has made as many FGs as the rest of his team combined at halftime.

ElNono
10-13-2012, 01:08 AM
Hard to win that game when Kobe has made as many FGs as the rest of his team combined at halftime.

You don't have to apologize for food-stamps, tbh... that record speaks for itself...

Asif Ali Zardari
10-13-2012, 01:21 AM
:lol Spurs fans deflecting the embarrassment.

One of the greatest and most underrated performances of this era IMO. Classic Kobe dominance against the Spurs, the main reason I have him ahead of Duncan on the all-time list.

timvp
10-13-2012, 01:26 AM
Rape starts at 5:00 of the video.

Actually, it started at 4:30 of the video when Pop took out Bowen for no reason. Bowen had Kobe locked up yet Pop got frustrated about one foul and put Udoka in for Bowen. Kobe predictably bent Udoka over and the Spurs could never recover.

Still Pop's worst coaching move ever. Didn't help that Manu Ginobili had the worst game of his life and got owned by Sasha Vujacic of all people . . .

Deuce Bigalow
10-13-2012, 01:32 AM
Actually, it started at 4:30 of the video when Pop took out Bowen for no reason. Bowen had Kobe locked up yet Pop got frustrated about one foul and put Udoka in for Bowen. Kobe predictably bent Udoka over and the Spurs could never recover.

Still Pop's worst coaching move ever. Didn't help that Manu Ginobili had the worst game of his life and got owned by Sasha Vujacic of all people . . .
Kobe hit the game-winner with Bowen on Kobe. Kobe made some moves and made Bowen slip a little and bursts into the paint, and Bowen was on his heels and Kobe got a wide open jumper and nailed it. Neither can guard Kobe, but you already know that. You can't guard Kobe one on one with a guy his size.

timvp
10-13-2012, 01:37 AM
Nobody could defend Kobe when he got hot. But Kobe wasn't hot until Pop put Udokarosine on him, tbh.

LkrFan
10-13-2012, 01:37 AM
Dropping the deuce per the usual. Do yo thang playa. :toast

Deuce Bigalow
10-13-2012, 01:40 AM
How do you edit the title on these new boards?

LkrFan
10-13-2012, 01:47 AM
Nobody could defend Kobe when he got hot. But Kobe wasn't hot until Pop put Udokarosine on him, tbh.
:lol - true dat. Streakiest player in NBA history. Problem with is that he knows that there isn't a shot he couldn't make, he is cocky as hell, and has no conscience. He'll have a shitty shooting night then in the next game go off (or later in the same game). This gets him in trouble and hurts his efficiency, but then again that's what makes him great - even in the wee hours of his HOF career.

Hell, you would think Bird, Reggie, or Ray Allen would hold the NBA record for 3ptrs in a game. But nope, it's Kobe with 12 makes. His jumper was on that night. When he is on, he's liable to score 81 on unsuspecting fools. :lol

D12
10-13-2012, 01:56 AM
Vividly remember that game.

:lol Udoka

:lol Popovich putting Udoka on the black mamba for no reason

D12
10-13-2012, 01:57 AM
:lol Spurs fans deflecting the embarrassment.

One of the greatest and most underrated performances of this era IMO. Classic Kobe dominance against the Spurs, the main reason I have him ahead of Duncan on the all-time list.

sup nigga, glad you back. We gon clown these muthafuckas this upcoming season.

Laker championship on the horizon :lobt2:

ElNono
10-13-2012, 02:31 AM

Manu had an ankle injury from the previous series (Manu injured in the playoffs? Shocking!). That was the summer he tried to go to the Olympics and ended up having surgery on that ankle afterwards.

(And I'm not making excuses here, Lakeshow were the better team that time around)

LkrFan
10-13-2012, 02:52 AM
^ Nice :downspin: son. Pr:lolps

Juggity
10-13-2012, 02:54 AM
Yeah, back to back championships a year later. Worked out pretty well.

"Finals worked out pretty well for you that year"

ElNono
10-13-2012, 03:05 AM
^ Nice :downspin: son. Pr:lolps

Son, I always gave props to the better team at the time...

Koolaid_Man
10-13-2012, 06:52 AM

You must be from the same planet Kolob that Mitt Romney is from...please stop....I've had just about enough of your hyperbole...I swear you guys will forever be in denial and it's a shame too...

LkrFan
10-13-2012, 07:18 AM
Son, I always gave props to the better team at the time...

This is true. Here's hoping you are not a sore loser this year either. ;)

Koolaid_Man
10-13-2012, 07:50 AM
You don't have to apologize for food-stamps, tbh... that record speaks for itself...

Elnono....this is perhaps the most amazing shot I've ever witnessed Kobe make..all at the Spurs expense....sweeter than any shot MJ ever made...Kobe went 1 on 5 and scored over ALL of the Spurs starters at ONE time in one single motion..the guy still is but a Prime Kobe was just Simply amazing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpLiPIATQfQ

Venti Quattro
10-13-2012, 08:34 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao Spurs

Latarian Milton
10-13-2012, 09:00 AM
Manu had an ankle injury from the previous series (Manu injured in the playoffs? Shocking!). That was the summer he tried to go to the Olympics and ended up having surgery on that ankle afterwards.

(And I'm not making excuses here, Lakeshow were the better team that time around)
just because the spurs struggle to perform against the lakers it doesn't mean they're that good imho. as good as they might look on paper, they still have flaws in themselves which's magnified when playing against elite jump-shooting teams like the mavs and OKC tbh

Relevancy
10-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Classical Bryant moment

ElNono
10-13-2012, 01:31 PM
just because the spurs struggle to perform against the lakers it doesn't mean they're that good imho. as good as they might look on paper, they still have flaws in themselves which's magnified when playing against elite jump-shooting teams like the mavs and OKC tbh

this is true, tbh, and it's not like the Spurs didn't go through something like this before when TMac dropped like 14 points in like 10 secs against us...

ElNono
10-13-2012, 01:32 PM
This is true. Here's hoping you are not a sore loser this year either. ;)

Never been, tbh... I'll be congratulating Ace just like last season, IMO.

Deuce Bigalow
10-13-2012, 01:42 PM
This is how the series ended. 28 in the 2nd half, 17 in the 4th by Kobe in Game 5

http://youtu.be/veOUsymBdWo

Duncan had a triple double btw, but got his shit packed in the 4th by Bryant, like usual.

timvp
10-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Manu had an ankle injury from the previous series

If Manu just stays out of the way, the Spurs win that game by double figures, tbh . . .

timvp
10-13-2012, 01:49 PM
You must be from the same planet Kolob that Mitt Romney is from...please stop....I've had just about enough of your hyperbole
How is it hyperbolic when Kobe was 2-for-7 midway through the third quarter (IIRC) to say Bowen had locked him up? Udoka checks in and Kobe immediately reaches god mode and single-handedly erases a 20-point lead.

Deuce Bigalow
10-13-2012, 01:58 PM
How is it hyperbolic when Kobe was 2-for-7 midway through the third quarter (IIRC) to say Bowen had locked him up? Udoka checks in and Kobe immediately reaches god mode and single-handedly erases a 20-point lead.
Udocka was on him for a couple plays then they put Manu on him for the rest of the 3rd quarter. Lead was still at 7 and Bowen was back in the game for the start of the 4th Quarter. Kobe had 14 in the 4th Quarter (the most in any quarter of the game with Bowen guarding him). But what brought the lead down was not just Kobe's scoring, it was his 4 assists to Gasol the final 5:09 of the 3rd quarter as well.

4th Quarter
Kobe - 14 points
Spurs - 13 points

ElNono
10-13-2012, 02:03 PM
Should've saved some of that for Boston, tbh...

Koolaid_Man
10-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Should've saved some of that for Boston, tbh...

ohh he did....:lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiD-uQ-fS4k

Koolaid_Man
10-13-2012, 02:09 PM

Udocka was on him for a couple plays then they put Manu on him for the rest of the 3rd quarter. Lead was still at 7 and Bowen was back in the game for the start of the 4th Quarter. Kobe had 14 in the 4th Quarter (the most in any quarter of the game with Bowen guarding him). But what brought the lead down was not just Kobe's scoring, it was his 4 assists to Gasol the final 5:09 of the 3rd quarter as well.

4th Quarter
Kobe - 14 points
Spurs - 13 points

ElNono
10-13-2012, 02:09 PM
ohh he did....:lol

Not that year he didn't :lmao

kobyz
10-13-2012, 02:34 PM
2008 Western Conference Finals - Game 1

Final 17:53 of Game (From 5:53 left in the 3rd Quarter)
Kobe Bryant- 23 points
Spurs Team- 20 points

http://youtu.be/2h9_ot3ow1I

Rape starts at 5:00 of the video. Parts 9-13 are there as related videos.

:toast

Spurs lost that game cause they came in with no sleep, rest and fair circumstances after got stuck in airport for 17 hours, if not for this the series were looking way different and Spurs probably advance to the finals...

Jodelo
10-13-2012, 03:51 PM
Why doesn't Koolaid_Man embed the videos like everyone else?

ElNono
10-13-2012, 03:53 PM
Why doesn't Koolaid_Man embed the videos like everyone else?

:rollin

SpursNextRomanEmpire
10-13-2012, 04:05 PM
Ouch. Bean was pretty good back then. Must be kinda sweet/sour for you to watch that video.

Latarian Milton
10-13-2012, 07:08 PM
this is true, tbh, and it's not like the Spurs didn't go through something like this before when TMac dropped like 14 points in like 10 secs against us...
dude dropped something like 13pts in 35 secs IIRC, 4 straight 3 pointers made including one 4pt play imho

Clipper Nation
10-13-2012, 07:10 PM

As an LA Kings fan, I'm enjoying our Stanley Cup, so you're a dumbass, tbh....