PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent: Latrell Sprewell

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2005, 07:08 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/act_latrell_sprewell.jpghttp://www.nba.com/timberwolves/images/timberwolves_logo.gif

Latrell Sprewell | 8
Position: G
Born: Sep 8, 1970
Height: 6-5 / 1,96
Weight: 195 lbs. / 88,5 kg.
College : Alabama '92

Info (http://www.nba.com/playerfile/latrell_sprewell/index.html)

A man's gotta feed his kids. He thinks of Pop as a "father figure". There's not really a need for another guard currently, but depending on what happens this offseason maybe there will be. Pretty intriguing given his relationship with Pop. Even though he may think he's worth $15 mil a season, the market seems likely to come up with a significantly lower price. Pop has tried over the years to get his surrogate son down to SA. Maybe now is the time...

Manu20
06-26-2005, 07:09 PM
No Thanks!!!!!!!

ALVAREZ6
06-26-2005, 07:10 PM
Fuck Latrell.

spurschick
Not with a ten-foot pole...

SpursFanDan
nope, he'll just bring the team down with his selfishness. He has kids to feed though.

enough with these topics already.

danyel
06-26-2005, 07:11 PM
is PJ gone already?

Kori Ellis
Pop loves Sprewell.

Marcus Bryant
Enough with you.

exstatic
:vomit

Mark in Austin
I just can't see him taking less than the MLE... and his antics last year were pathetic. All that being said...I had more doubts about Big Dog when he was first signed.

If he's willing to take much less money and PT...why not? Then again... I guess you could say that about Big Dog too.

Kori Ellis
06-26-2005, 07:13 PM
Pop has tried to get Sprewell so many times that it seems like it's almost destiny that Sprewell ends up here eventually.

I'm not sure he'll take the kind of money or the kind of role that the Spurs would have to offer. But I know that Pop and Spree love each other.

duncan_21
06-26-2005, 07:14 PM
no no no no no no no no no no

and once again NO

Latrell can take is pig tails and get raped by fortson.

This thread should be locked just for mentioning the starving athlete and disgusting excuse for a human being.

SpursFanDan
06-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Enough with you.

good one

Horry For 3!
06-26-2005, 07:18 PM
I can't stand sprewell, fuck no, please god no.

whottt
06-26-2005, 07:30 PM
:td to Spree. I don't care how much Pop likes this guy...he's a dumbass...and now he washed up on top of it...Keep this idiot off my team. Send him to our worst enemy instead...

Dre_7
06-26-2005, 08:21 PM
Pop has tried to get Sprewell so many times that it seems like it's almost destiny that Sprewell ends up here eventually.

I'm not sure he'll take the kind of money or the kind of role that the Spurs would have to offer. But I know that Pop and Spree love each other.

Well Pop better hope PJ is gone before he tries to sign Latreen! ;)

combs84
06-26-2005, 08:53 PM
Marcus Bryant dude, is that 1 Million Post Count fa real? Thats crazy. Never seen anything close to that.

spurster
06-26-2005, 08:55 PM
The Spurs can't pay enough to feed his family.

conversekid
06-26-2005, 08:57 PM
Let him rot somewhere else. his selfish attitude has no place on the spurs. i used to want him, his problems and all. but after last year... :td

Samr
06-26-2005, 08:58 PM
I heard he has a thing for PJ. I say we pick him up and watch the fireworks

NZHayden
06-26-2005, 09:00 PM
i dont like him so no! + ulgyness rating of the team will shoot through the roof

midgetonadonkey
06-26-2005, 09:01 PM
If he wants to come off the bench in garbage time, let him join us. Other than that, fuck that bastard. I used to like him in his Golden State days, but ever since he joined the T-Wolves, fuck him.

Gino2882
06-26-2005, 09:03 PM
I dont think there many minutes in the current rotation for Spree. Plus would probably take full MLE.

Chris
06-26-2005, 09:15 PM
Sprewell is an excellent shooter and can hardly be considered selfish with his assists stats for last year. Only thing is, he's a shooting guard. We've got Manu and Brent Barry. Plus Devin Brown. 4 shooting guards would be a little excessive imo.

Nikos
06-26-2005, 09:16 PM
No to Spree.

goliath
06-26-2005, 09:27 PM
Not that I want him but....

Ive thought for a while that Spree to SA this summer was a possibility.

His market value is going to be at an all time low after last season.

He and Pop seem to love each other.

If its here for the vet min or somewhere for a couple mil maybe he takes less to reunite with pop and try to rehab his image.

Not saying it will happen, or that i nec want it too, but i wouldnt be surprised.

Chris
06-26-2005, 10:07 PM
What's wrong with his image? I haven't heard of all these terrible things he's apparently done. Someone care to give me a history lesson?

E20
06-26-2005, 10:08 PM
He choked PJ during his stay with the Warriors. He is a millionaire yet he needs more money to feed his family. I can go on but, my fingers are tired.

smeagol
06-26-2005, 10:14 PM
Can the guy play +35 mpg?

If he can, we should pay him what he wants and get rid of Manu.

That should make Sequ and ducks happy.

Guru of Nothing
06-26-2005, 10:36 PM
For a small salary, hell yes.

Ironically, PJ could make millions off such a signing.

timvp
06-27-2005, 12:27 AM
He's Pop's favorite player in the league. Pretty much every offseason Pop's been in charge, he's tried to get Latrell. I'm not a big fan, so I'm not rooting for Pop to succeed this summer.

Then again, Latrell off the bench in short bursts couldn't be that bad. Could it?

ChumpDumper
06-27-2005, 12:32 AM
The wheels have come off and the lugnuts are missing.

whottt
06-27-2005, 02:47 AM
Chump's got it....

There are two ways of looking at Spree after this season...

A.He's finished.

B.He deliberately tanked this season out of bitterness.

I don't think it's B but if it is that makes me want him even less...

Spree sucked ass this season...

Sense
06-27-2005, 03:06 AM
You might see a turnaround with Spree if he becomes a Spur...

However, PJ will be here....(I Think) so he might not get here any time soon.

AI-square
06-27-2005, 03:08 AM

:lmao

I bet ya he could play 35mpg, the problem is what he does with the 35mpg. If he can stop whining about his pay and accept a reasonable payroll and Pop can get the best out of him, who knows?

But if he's gonna play like he did this season, you wouldn't want him even if he played for free.

Spuritista
06-27-2005, 11:54 AM

Sequ, Ducks and Timvp enjoy the silence...... :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 11:56 AM
Sequ, Ducks and Timvp enjoy the silence......

What does that mean? timvp is in love with Manu.

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2005, 11:59 AM
Latrell would come on the radar if the Spurs had a need for guard due to a trade or a free agent loss. I don't think that Spree would be a disruptive force in SA. Pop seems to have a good relationship with him and the T'wolves owner was being a bit of an ass to him and Sam I Am, "gotta feed my kids" demands notwithstanding.

One thing's for certain, Spree wouldn't assume the fetal position as Barry was wont to on numerous occassions this postseason.

spurster
06-27-2005, 12:01 PM
What does that mean? timvp is in love with Manu.
I hope you can share, Kori.

Dex
06-27-2005, 12:02 PM
Please don't make us look at that funky-butt hair-don't three times a week.

ducks
06-27-2005, 12:14 PM
I would rather resign big dog
big dog is familar with the system and has play3ed d

nkdlunch
06-27-2005, 12:16 PM
Please no! I'll root against the Spurs if this guys comes.

Rick Von Braun
06-27-2005, 12:21 PM
I hope you can share, Kori.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

ObiwanGinobili
06-27-2005, 01:41 PM
I can't endorse a Spree to the Spurs deal. I just can't.
To be a fan of a guy I need to respect him as a person/ man and as a player.
One of the reasons i love the Spurs is casue they are all such great guys.

I just can't get the warm and fuzzys for Latrell after he chocked PJ, came back 20 min. later nad chocked him again. And after his "whhha aa whaaaa I'm sooo poor" pity fest this last year. And if he did intentionally tank this season out of bitterness - well thats the nail in the coffin.

If Latrell came to SA I'd most likely end up becoming a huge Latrell hater. unless he like donated bone marrow to 5 diff kids with luekemia or something.

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2005, 01:51 PM
If the Spurs have a spot for the guard and Spree is willing to sign for what the Spurs can offer him, you do it. I'd almost be tempted to see the Spurs go after him if they can't land Big Dog.

The Spurs made it through the playoffs without a true backup 3 being a regular member of the rotation. He'd give you a scoring punch and some aggressiveness off the bench. The Spurs at times need a boost off the bench.

Jimcs50
06-27-2005, 01:53 PM
Spurs would need chemo therapy for that cancer

E20
06-27-2005, 01:54 PM
We don't need Spreewell with the current squad the Spurs have, he'd want minutes and would take touches away from Manu and Tony. With the history he has with PJ, Pop in no way should go after Sprewell.

SWC Bonfire
06-27-2005, 01:55 PM
unless he like donated bone marrow to 5 diff kids with luekemia or something.

:lol

That wouldn't even do it. He's in the league with Karl Malone, as far as I'm concerned - if they're the cure, the illness can't really be that bad.

dmac
06-27-2005, 02:36 PM
I heard he has a thing for PJ. I say we pick him up and watch the fireworks

let PJ finish him this time. They had to pull Latrelle off of him the first time.

whottt
06-27-2005, 03:09 PM
One thing's for certain, Spree wouldn't assume the fetal position as Barry was wont to on numerous occassions this postseason.

Right...Spree would never defer if he was struggling...if Spree was struggling he'd just get chokey with it, start pointing fingers, and then quit...

No doubt Garnett's proven ability to make his teamates hate him had something to do with Minny's decline this season...

But Spree wanting a max deal at the age of 45 for scoring 12 PPG doesn't exactly prove his willingness to come off the bench and play team ball.

word
07-03-2005, 03:54 AM
To be a fan of a guy I need to respect him as a person/ man and as a player.
One of the reasons i love the Spurs is casue they are all such great guys.

So you respect Pop, right ? If that's his call then....you gotta respect it.

Horry For 3!
07-03-2005, 04:26 AM
Sprewell is lame and shouldn't be able to play in the NBA anymore.

spursupporter
07-03-2005, 04:28 AM
i hate his hair

Horry For 3!
07-03-2005, 04:31 AM
Yeah the girl look along with Hudson and Fortson. They're all lame!

Horry For 3!
07-03-2005, 04:31 AM
They had that piggy tails look the whole year, Sprewell, Hudson, Fortson. That was lame as hell and just made me laugh.

sickdsm
07-03-2005, 10:00 AM
Comments:

The big problem isn't that spree said he needed to feed his family. He said "why should i help them win a championship if there not going to help me?" Then proceeded to suck the rest of the year.

Glen Taylor is being an ass to them? Please explain. Last i checked these were two old guys that had one great year. Sam had another TWO years on his deal, sprewell one. As good as Spre was last year he was still overpaid. But he was being an ass? That "ass" just did the best thing he could have done and not extended either of there contracts. The guy had to sign for some serious dough to keep a number of his own players there that summer already. Lemme guess, Holt, with his LOOOONNGG history of opening the bank, would have extended these contracts when he has to have his arm twisted to to sign an 11th hour deal with one of the best young PG's in the league?

Idiot

Sprewelll probably would be pretty good on the spurs, for one year at least. He's not dumb enough to screw things up twice in consecutive years. Remember, he slid over to play Small Forward in NY and hated it but still did it. So those that think he'd NEVER take a backseat have to consider that. His physical skills REALLY have taken a turn for he worse though. His most frequent shot is the running leaner, very erratic. While he is among the all time leader for 3's, he doesn't shoot them at a very high clip. As much as his past his known for his defense. Realistally he'd be your 4th or 5th best SWINGMAN defender.

The guy has more heart than anyone else on the spurs. The problem is that if he doen'st get a coach who can channel that your fucked.

I didn't think it was worth the risk to sign Glenn Robinson either though so what do i know.

Mchale has said he'd be interested in signing Spree back. I doubt he even throws a number out at him though.

Duncan21
07-03-2005, 10:19 AM
maybe pop can change him and he can become a good guy, and then you may learn to love him

MI21
07-03-2005, 10:23 AM
The guy has more heart than anyone else on the spurs. The problem is that if he doen'st get a coach who can channel that your fucked.

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/7128/3708990721ao.jpg

Huh?

rascal
07-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Not any more. If Sprewell wasn't good enough 4 years ago whats the point to get him now when he is on the rapid decline.

caŽlo
07-03-2005, 01:49 PM
dont want spree to be chokin up pop!

rascal
07-03-2005, 01:56 PM
Its not a matter of getting him cheap. He is going to want minutes and his game is on the rapid decline. Now is the time to be getting rid of him not getting him.

exstatic
07-03-2005, 06:11 PM
His game is very physical, which means the whole thing is in decline, and he's not even a top shooter, like Big Dog. His shot is average at best.

sickdsm
07-03-2005, 08:30 PM
It wasn't until late january that he had completed a dunk.

I don't know who actually bothers to track that but they mentioned that in a broadcast after he did it.

Chris
07-09-2005, 10:25 PM
Comments:

The guy has more heart than anyone else on the spurs.

RACK EM!

Spursdaone
07-09-2005, 10:31 PM
I think that Sprewell misses the most in his is he used to be very athletic but has lost alot in the last 5 years. He was great in 99 but has lost it.

timvp
07-24-2005, 02:27 PM
I have a feeling that this may be the guy the Spurs are targeting. I know it isn't a popular move, but knowing how CIA Pop works, it wouldn't surprise me.

Pop and Spree supposedly have a father-son relationship. Pop has tried to trade for Spree countless times since he took over running the Spurs. I don't think that he's all of a sudden not going to have any interest in him. If he at one point was willing to trade Sean Elliott for him and at another point considered trading Manu Ginobili for him, Pop would have to ponder getting Spree at half the price of the MLE.

Would Spree fit on the Spurs? That's a tough question. I'd think that he'd just duplicate Barry and Devin. None of the three are legit small forwards and would all be fighting for the same playing time.

The good things about him are he always raises his level of play in the playoffs and off the bench, he'd probably be a very good energy type player. He's turning 35 but he's been an athletic freak and played big minutes his whole career, so a 15-20 minute role would probably be a walk in the park for him.

I'm not convinced either way on this move, but with all the talk about Evans, Jacobsen, JJones and the amnesty players, the one player that I haven't heard connected with the Spurs (or anyone else for that matter) is Spree. That means that either the Spurs aren't looking at him or he's going to be signed soon under the radar.

P.S.

Also, if Pop wants to help PJ get a job, bringing Spree onboard would probably but an end to that saga. PJ could finally live it down and go out next season and get a head coaching job.

usckk
07-24-2005, 02:46 PM
what? when did pop consider trading Manu? I'm pretty sure Pop said the rumors are false and manu was untouchable.

Duncan21
07-24-2005, 03:19 PM
i like his hair but i don't like him

Mr. Body
07-24-2005, 03:44 PM
Pop and Spree supposedly have a father-son relationship.

Maybe, maybe they did 10 years ago or whenever it was... even longer than that. More a "I don't mind this guy" kind of relationship. But I'd think Pop is a smart enough guy to recognize a washed up player that doesn't help his team in any way, and who has significant negative aspects to lead to a very big "NO."

Money316
07-24-2005, 03:47 PM
maybe pop can change him and he can become a good guy, and then you may learn to love him\

Yeah and maybe pigs will comence flying ought his ass so he can feed his hungry children on something less than the MLE.

:fro :fro :fro

Money316
07-24-2005, 04:14 PM
No Thanks!!!!!!!

According to The Oregonian, "Portland will have salary room once it exercises the league's new amnesty clause, which allows a team to waive a player and not have the salary enter into luxury tax arithmetic. This means Derek Anderson is gone... The Blazers still would have to pay Anderson but would get to subtract his $9 million salary from the luxury tax cap. Right now, the Blazers' payroll is at $58 million. If the luxury tax cap comes in at $60 million again, it would leave little room for hiring free agents. But waiving Anderson would put Portland at $49 million, and the Blazers could sign two players to $5 million contracts and stay under the cap. Jasikevicius should be in this price range. Waiving Anderson is critical to reinvigorating the roster. Free agents Damon Stoudamire and Richie Frahm will not be back, nor will Nick Van Exel."

So question, "Which of these two AHs, Latrell Sprewell or Derek Anderson, would Spur fans LEAST likely want to see sporting the Black and Silver?"

:fro :fro :fro

Rummpd
07-24-2005, 04:27 PM
"Hell" No!

Kori Ellis
07-24-2005, 04:37 PM
Maybe, maybe they did 10 years ago or whenever it was... even longer than that. More a "I don't mind this guy" kind of relationship.

Sprewell is one of Pop's favorites in the league. It was only a couple summers ago that he tried to get him (for like the fifth time).

timvp
07-24-2005, 04:40 PM
Sprewell is one of Pop's favorites in the league. It was only a couple summers ago that he tried to get him (for like the fifth time).

True, at one point the Spurs thought they had a deal that summer that involved Malik in a three team trade that would have brought Sprewell to San Antonio. It wasn't until Minnesota got involved with the expiring contract of Terrell Brandon did the Spurs get pushed out of that multi-team trade.

Kori Ellis
07-24-2005, 04:58 PM
According to The Oregonian, "Portland will have salary room once it exercises the league's new amnesty clause, which allows a team to waive a player and not have the salary enter into luxury tax arithmetic. This means Derek Anderson is gone... The Blazers still would have to pay Anderson but would get to subtract his $9 million salary from the luxury tax cap. Right now, the Blazers' payroll is at $58 million. If the luxury tax cap comes in at $60 million again, it would leave little room for hiring free agents. But waiving Anderson would put Portland at $49 million, and the Blazers could sign two players to $5 million contracts and stay under the cap. Jasikevicius should be in this price range. Waiving Anderson is critical to reinvigorating the roster. Free agents Damon Stoudamire and Richie Frahm will not be back, nor will Nick Van Exel."

I wonder where they got the info that the Blazers' payroll is at $58M right now. I see it as $49M (including Van Exel) plus Martell Webster and Jarrett Jack's salaries (another ~$5M) -- so that would only be $54M and they wouldn't be in luxury tax territory. That would mean they couldn't use the amnesty clause to waive anyone.

They could still waive Van Exel and his salary wouldn't count against the salary cap or the luxury tax because his salary ($12.7M) isn't guaranteed.

SequSpur
07-24-2005, 06:15 PM
Sprewell is not coming to the Spurs for a minimum salary.

Mr. dipshit Cia Popovich has a 7 footer who sells cotton candy at the SBC making 40 million dollars and nobody in their right mind will trade for him.

Again, as I said the day Nesterowuss signed with the Spurs, it was a waste of time and money. He didn't help the Spurs win shit.

Sprewell will be in LA, Miami or Detroit.

Late.

Mr. Body
07-24-2005, 07:38 PM

That's a far cry from a "father son relationship" and he tried to acquire him 1) before Sprewell's first slip into old age and diminishment; and 2) before Manu became Manu. Remember we were still bringing Ginobili off the bench last year.

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2005, 08:30 PM
Sprewell remains friends with Spurs point guard Avery Johnson, who spent one season with Golden State, and is so close to Popovich, who was an assistant with the Warriors, that he used the word "love" to describe their friendship.

http://slam.canoe.ca/NBAPlayoffs99/jun15_ano.html

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2005, 08:46 PM
SOMEONE please tell my why Pop likes Spree. He is completely opposite of a Spurs typical player. Selfish, egotistical, violent, and is always in the news.

It might have to do with the fact that Sprewell played on the court as much as Pop would love to see all of his players play, as well as the fact that Pop and he hit it off when Spree entered the league and Pop helped him a lot his first season.

If Spree wasn't black and didn't wear cornrows would you think he was "selfish" and "egotistical"?

Marcus Bryant
07-24-2005, 09:18 PM
As for Spree in SA, if we were talking about him starting and playing 35 minutes a night for $10 mil a season then no thanks, of course. But for 15 minutes a night at $2.5 mil? That's not too bad. In the Spurs' system the 2 and 3 are interchangeable. I'd still prefer GRob, but if he's not available and Spree is for what the Spurs have to offer a free agent...I'm not going to complain.

Starters
PG Parker.....28
SG Ginobili....28
SF Bowen.... 28

Bench
PG Udrih.......15
SG/PG Barry..15
SG/SF Brown 15
SF Sprewell...15

Barry could steal about 5 minutes a night at point.

BigShotBob
07-25-2005, 10:57 AM
I remember when at one time every Spurs fan from Austin to Corpus Christi wanted him in San Antonio. How times change. :)

pache100
07-25-2005, 11:46 AM
I remember when at one time every Spurs fan from Austin to Corpus Christi wanted him in San Antonio. How times change. :)

No, they didn't. *I* didn't, that's for sure.

And I'd think Sprewell was "selfish" and "egotistical" even if he was white as the driven snow and had blond hair and blue eyes.

I don't think accusing one of racism because they disagree with you is fair.

clubalien
07-25-2005, 12:21 PM
pop wanted to signing this guy should be enough proof that pop shoudl be fired!

pache100
07-25-2005, 02:06 PM
pop wanted to signing this guy should be enough proof that pop shoudl be fired!

No one is firing Pop. Especially over something trivial like this.

picnroll
07-25-2005, 02:12 PM
I have a feeling Spree is one of those pros that made tons of money and pissed it all away on cars, boats, jewelry, bad investments. Money may be a driving issue with him as his career winds down and he has nothing to show for it.

pache100
07-25-2005, 02:16 PM
I have a feeling Spree is one of those pros that made tons of money and pissed it all away on cars, boats, jewelry, bad investments. Money may be a driving issue with him as his career winds down and he has nothing to show for it.

May be. I sure hope his money "issues" do not become the Spurs' money "issues". We need Spre like we need a dose of ptomaine poison.

sickdsm
07-25-2005, 04:15 PM
Spree's pretty successfull with his car shop, he customizes cars.

He's even got his own style of rims.

Kori Ellis
08-17-2005, 02:29 AM
Sprewell now is forced to wait in line
Mavericks' decision has other free agents in a holding pattern

http://rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nuggets/article/0,1299,DRMN_20_4008455,00.html

By News Wire Reports
August 17, 2005

Michael Finley's arrival on the free-agent market Tuesday had an impact on Latrell Sprewell, who might not decide until the end of next week whether to sign with Detroit, Houston or elsewhere, Sprewell's agent said.

The Mavericks' decision to waive Finley late Monday night changed the complexion of the free-agent market, throwing a two-time All-Star into the mix at a time when the majority of NBA teams have made most of their major off-season moves.

The Pistons, however, have been holding onto their midlevel salary- cap exception and are all but certain to go after Finley before deciding whether to settle for Sprewell.

Finley will not clear waivers until Thursday morning, a delay that will keep Sprewell waiting, too.

"If you look at teams like Miami, Detroit and Houston, they're all one player away from reaching the NBA Finals," agent Robert Gist said. "We'll see what happens. The night is still young.

"I think it speaks well of Latrell that two of his former coaches (Flip Saunders in Detroit and Jeff Van Gundy in Houston) want him on their teams. Latrell is the one bargain that's out there right now."

Sprewell turned down a three-year, $21 million extension from the Minnesota Timberwolves before last season.

Minnesota has shown no interest in trying to re-sign him, Gist said, nor have the Timberwolves seemed open to the idea of a sign-and- trade.

Sprewell, a 13-year veteran who will be 36 when the season begins, averaged a career-worst 12.8 points last season.

Still considered an above-average defender, Sprewell would likely compete with David Wesley for playing time at the shooting-guard spot in Houston.

If he were to join the Pistons, it likely would be as a bench player backing up small forward Tayshaun Prince and shooting guard Richard Hamilton.

Detroit is one of nine teams, along with the Nuggets, Lakers, Heat, Bulls, Mavericks, SuperSonics, Timberwolves and Jazz, that still has its entire midlevel exception available.

"The midlevel is not an insult to Latrell, but his value is higher than the midlevel," Gist said.

Among the other remaining unrestricted free agents are Dale Davis of Indiana, Damon Jones of Miami, Watson, Tyronn Lue of Atlanta, Gary Payton of Boston and Damien Wilkins of Seattle.

Davis' agent, James Wells, said his client hopes to sign with one of the teams still holding its full midlevel exception, but he, too, expects the process to slow down while Finley waits to clear waivers.

TDMVPDPOY
08-17-2005, 03:49 AM
I dunno if spree is worth RASHO MONEY ATM, but no way is he worth the MLE, i give him sumthing like 3-4mill only and cash bonuses

mrpach
08-17-2005, 11:22 AM
Starters
PG Parker
SG Ginobili
SF Bowen

Bench
PG Udrih
SG/PG Barry
SG/SF Spree
SF Big Dog

Marcus Bryant
08-17-2005, 11:34 AM
Detroit seems like the eventual destination for Sprewell. The Spurs can't outbid them except through a sign and trade.

Taking it to the Hole
08-17-2005, 11:48 AM
The Spurs are eliminated through financial reasons. Spree wants the full MLE at the minimum. Something we don't have. It would be an insult to his family and him if he signed for anything less? After all, the guy needs to feed his family! :lol

z0sa
08-17-2005, 11:51 AM
just do everyone a favor and get rid of rasho

ObiwanGinobili
08-17-2005, 12:11 PM
If Spree was truly concerned with feeding his family, he'd sign with the Spurs. the cost of living in SA is pretty low. :tu

:lol

sickdsm
08-17-2005, 09:20 PM
nor have the Timberwolves seemed open to the idea of a sign-and- trade.

In a way i like that but team wise i hate it.

That's the Wolves brass giving one last "fuck you" to spreewell.

I don't know why the Nuggets aren't talking to him.

Dalamar_the_Dark
08-17-2005, 09:56 PM
Please this thread should not even be here. Spree sucks!

wildbill2u
08-17-2005, 11:11 PM

Spurs aint got enuf money for beans and tortillas for Sprewell's kids. So this love affair will have to continue unrequited.

jochhejaam
08-18-2005, 10:17 AM
He wouldn't respond to Flip at Minn., he won't respond to Flip at Detroit either. Spree's the antithesis of team.

We don't want him!

Finley, he's the backup we want.

timvp
08-18-2005, 02:51 PM
I find it insteresting that all of Spree's former coaches love the guy. I guess his public image isn't too accurate.

I still think the Spurs are going after him this summer.

Dre_7
08-18-2005, 04:10 PM
Id much rather have them go after NVE instead of Spree!

jochhejaam
08-18-2005, 07:19 PM
I find it insteresting that all of Spree's former coaches love the guy. I guess his public image isn't too accurate.

I still think the Spurs are going after him this summer.

I doubt P J Carlesimo has any love lost for the guy.
Most coaches aren't going to do any serious bad-mouthing of the players considering they could be coaching them again someday.

Dos
08-18-2005, 07:31 PM
I guess the suns are out of the micheal finley race... they just signed brian grant for 1.67 mil.

Kori Ellis
08-26-2005, 07:18 PM
Agent says Sprewell interested in Denver

By Adam Thompson
Denver Post Staff Writer

The Nuggets have seen a boatload of free-agent shooting guards end up at other addresses this summer. But after teams passed him by as well, Latrell Sprewell seems high on Denver.

"I can confirm Latrell has interest and even hopes of playing there," agent Bob Gist said Thursday of Sprewell, who averaged a career-low 12.8 points in 30.6 minutes with Minnesota last season.

Nuggets general manager Kiki Vandeweghe confirmed talking to Gist. Gist said Sprewell, who also considers the Los Angeles Lakers a desirable destination, would contact coach George Karl in the near future.

Gist said Sprewell likes the speed of Denver's game, the chance to start at two-guard and former New York teammate Marcus Camby and Karl.

Denver can pay no more than the $5 million midlevel exception, which Gist called "hard to digest," but he added Sprewell could be inclined to take it. The guard, who turns 35 next month, earned $14.6 million last season. But after he turned down a reported $7 million per year deal early last season, the Timberwolves made no effort to re-sign him. Detroit and Houston signed other guards after eyeing him.

"He made it clear that he could not see coming off the bench in Detroit and fitting in there," Gist said. "Not with (his) legs and basketball IQ and love for the game."

http://www.denverpost.com/portlet/article/html/fragments/print_article.jsp?article=2974218

llp
08-26-2005, 08:27 PM
latrell can go to denver he is probably gonna choke george karl

bigbendbruisebrother
08-26-2005, 08:45 PM
Id much rather have them go after NVE instead of Spree!

Both of them make me sick. I'm not too fond of Finley either (it would be weird to have one of Bruce's bitches on the team).

I'm hoping we wind up with Devin and Matt Barnes.

milkyway21
08-26-2005, 08:56 PM
Denver is not the only team Spree is eyeing...

SPREWELL HAS TWO TEAMS IN MIND
The Post's Adam Thompson reports that Minnesota's Latrell Sprewell is hoping to sign with the Nuggets or Lakers. .

hussker
08-26-2005, 09:07 PM
Ehn Oh.....NO!!!!!!!!

marcus
08-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Ehn Oh.....NO!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes