PDA

View Full Version : Name That Race! Detroit Edition

monosylab1k
10-13-2012, 11:45 AM
LET'S PLAY A GAME!

Sons here is a news story. I would like you all to read the news story about this squatter who refuses to leave the house. After reading the story, I would like you to throw out a wild guess as to the race of the squatter. Then watch the video to see if you were right!

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/19779374/forced-to-live-with-squatter-in-my-detroit-house-woman-says

By Taryn Asher
FOX 2 News Reporter

DETROIT -- Heidi Peterson always dreamed of living in a historical home. In May of 2010, she bought one in Detroit's Boston-Edison District for $23,000.

After being away for a year, she said she returned to her house last week and found a woman living there. Peterson learned from neighbors she had been living there for a few months.

Peterson claims the squatter changed the locks, reworked the plumbing, replaced her appliances, put a lien on the house and even changed the curtains, and now this squatter won't leave. So now they are forced to sleep one room away from each other, Peterson with her one-year-old daughter.

The alleged squatter's name is documented all over the house as Missionary-Tracey Elaine Blair, a write-in candidate for president.

We asked Peterson whether she feels safe.

"I don't know what the capabilities are. We're afraid of her mindset of entitlement."

A squatter doesn't have a legal right to the property, but under the law the homeowner cannot remove a squatter by force. In most cases, the homeowner has to file a civil action in court, prove it's their property and evict the squatter. That is what Peterson is trying to do.

"She thinks that this is a program in Detroit to take people's homes and fix them up and then she gets to keep them," Peterson said.

Since Peterson spent all of her money on the house, she said she can't afford to go anywhere else, and until she can legally kick the woman out, they are forced to live under the same roof.

"I thought if the house is not safe, how can I come here with my child? There's an issue with that. But should I lose my house to a squatter because I don't have rights to my property or should I fight to get it back," said Peterson.

As our story was going to air, we had a chance to talk to the alleged squatter. She denied that she was squatting and said she has a lease.

"I have a construction lien for the repairs that I put into the house. Someone had (broken) into the house on July the Fourth and they stripped the radiators and I made a report," she added.

"In February 2011, we had to vacate because the boiler was damaged," she continued. "I took all my books and my writings, but my (furniture was) still left in (there)."

We also asked her whether she thinks there is a program where anybody can go into Detroit, take over an abandoned house and live there.

"I'm an advocate for affordable housing. That's a part of my campaign," she said. "I've believed that since the first time I met her when I was running for state Senate (in) 2010 and she was also running for a political office, that was a part of my belief. I signed an oath pledging that I would fight for affordable homes."

We're told Peterson leased the house to tenants in 2010, including this alleged squatter, but had to evict everyone when it was found not fit to live in.

We're also told the alleged squatter filed papers with the city claiming the property was abandoned.

OKAY SPURSTALK, NAME THAT RACE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmHhe4Bc_KU

Leetonidas
10-13-2012, 12:41 PM
You said Detroit. c'mon way too easy brah

mavs>spurs
10-13-2012, 12:46 PM
uh, i'd like to buy a vowel?

http://gator1330.hostgator.com/~mdibug/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/SPWATJJ1.jpg

Leetonidas
10-13-2012, 12:59 PM
:lmao

monosylab1k
10-13-2012, 01:14 PM

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-13-2012, 01:18 PM
Yeah any dumb crime in Detroit is obvious.

jeebus
10-13-2012, 01:22 PM

The whole thing reeks of Detroit. You got a nigress squatting on the property, which is owned by a single mother (shocking!) of a half niglet (another shock!)

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-13-2012, 01:25 PM
You said Detroit. c'mon way too easy brah

Not necessarily. The criminal element of Detroit is a diverse bunch.

http://www.madfishestheblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/robocop1.jpg

Trainwreck2100
10-13-2012, 01:29 PM

The whole thing reeks of Detroit. You got a nigress squatting on the property, which is owned by a single mother (shocking!) of a half niglet (another shock!)

i was shocked about the halfsie kid, I fast forwarded the viideo so when i saw the kid i assumed it was the squatter's

mavs>spurs
10-13-2012, 01:34 PM

mavs>spurs
10-13-2012, 01:36 PM
the only thing worse than a nigga is a niggabitch. they are slowly evolving into such different creatures that they don't even get along anymore. go on any dating website and you see black women looking for ONLY white guys, and vice versa. this black bitch gave a 20 minute rant video on WSHH a while back talking shit on black guys. nigresses are like the shittiest creatures on earth and should be confined to the zoo tbh. all you black guys are free to turn in your spears and join us white niggas in modern society, but you gotta take yeller out back and put her out of her misery first tbh.

symple19
10-13-2012, 01:43 PM

monosylab1k
10-13-2012, 01:50 PM

:rollin

baseline bum
10-13-2012, 03:05 PM
LOL preacher squatting. Real preachers take their congregation's money and buy their own house and BMW.

timvp
10-13-2012, 03:47 PM
:lol @ that article. It saves two key facts until the two lasts paragraphs.

So let me get this straight: The lady buys a $23,000 house in Detroit in May of 2010? First of all, buying a house in Detroit is about the dumbest thing you can do. Most houses in that city are literally worthless. Whoever got her to pay $23K for that house scammed her. It's probably not even worth $2.3K.

And then she was charging people rent to stay there? How much rent can you get for a rundown house in Detroit? $50 a month would surprise me, tbh.

The house turned out to be so unlivable that the city told her she could no longer charge rent (which again points to the lady stupidly buying the house in the first place). If the "squatter" was living there at the time and the lady didn't follow through on the eviction process, why should the "squatter" have left? (And considering that the lady was busy giving birth to the squatter's niece, it's highly probable that she didn't file the legal paperwork at the time.)

Suddenly, the lady shows up to the house a year and a half later. If she had already evicted the squatter, the police would remove the squatter. The squatter is obviously a nutter but it was probably safe on her part to assume that the house was abandon. That's common practice in Detroit. A house with no owner in sight for a year-plus that is deemed unlivable by even Detroit standards is going to end up completely abandoned a vast majority of the time. The only reason the owner returned is because she's broke.

To summarize, a lady gets scammed into buying a worthless house for $23K. She soon realizes it was a horrible purchase and moves away. She then decides to rent it out. The "squatter" gets a lease. The "squatter" complains to the city that the house is unlivable and the city agrees. The lady can no longer charge rent. The squatter stays in the home. The lady doesn't officially evict the squatter. The squatter makes repairs on the dilapidated house and takes the initiative to report the house as abandoned since there's been no sign of the owner for more than a year. The lady has a kid that she can't afford and ends up broke. With no where else to go, she goes back to the house that she had all but officially abandoned and tries to force the squatter out even though the squatter is the one who has made it inhabitable in the meantime. A news station in Detroit writes a story that paints the squatter as a criminal and the lady as someone who :cry just wanted to live in a historical home :cry

GMAFB, TBH, IMO.

monosylab1k
10-13-2012, 05:13 PM
:lol @ that article. It saves two key facts until the two lasts paragraphs.

So let me get this straight: The lady buys a $23,000 house in Detroit in May of 2010? First of all, buying a house in Detroit is about the dumbest thing you can do. Most houses in that city are literally worthless. Whoever got her to pay $23K for that house scammed her. It's probably not even worth $2.3K.

And then she was charging people rent to stay there? How much rent can you get for a rundown house in Detroit? $50 a month would surprise me, tbh.

The house turned out to be so unlivable that the city told her she could no longer charge rent (which again points to the lady stupidly buying the house in the first place). If the "squatter" was living there at the time and the lady didn't follow through on the eviction process, why should the "squatter" have left? (And considering that the lady was busy giving birth to the squatter's niece, it's highly probable that she didn't file the legal paperwork at the time.)

Suddenly, the lady shows up to the house a year and a half later. If she had already evicted the squatter, the police would remove the squatter. The squatter is obviously a nutter but it was probably safe on her part to assume that the house was abandon. That's common practice in Detroit. A house with no owner in sight for a year-plus that is deemed unlivable by even Detroit standards is going to end up completely abandoned a vast majority of the time. The only reason the owner returned is because she's broke.

To summarize, a lady gets scammed into buying a worthless house for $23K. She soon realizes it was a horrible purchase and moves away. She then decides to rent it out. The "squatter" gets a lease. The "squatter" complains to the city that the house is unlivable and the city agrees. The lady can no longer charge rent. The squatter stays in the home. The lady doesn't officially evict the squatter. The squatter makes repairs on the dilapidated house and takes the initiative to report the house as abandoned since there's been no sign of the owner for more than a year. The lady has a kid that she can't afford and ends up broke. With no where else to go, she goes back to the house that she had all but officially abandoned and tries to force the squatter out even though the squatter is the one who has made it inhabitable in the meantime. A news station in Detroit writes a story that paints the squatter as a criminal and the lady as someone who :cry just wanted to live in a historical home :cry

GMAFB, TBH, IMO.

.........so did you guess the squatter's race correctly or not?

Trainwreck2100
10-13-2012, 05:31 PM
Of course he did

timvp
10-13-2012, 07:41 PM
.........so did you guess the squatter's race correctly or not?

I was going to guess Asian until I saw the word "Detroit".

DarkReign
10-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Squatters have rights in Detroit, dont know whether thats the case anywhere else. Its actually a running joke amongst friends. You want your guests to go, they'll joke "Squatters rights!"

Oh, Gee!!
10-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Squatters have rights in Detroit, dont know whether thats the case anywhere else. Its actually a running joke amongst friends. You want your guests to go, they'll joke "Squatters rights!"

sqatter's rights, aka Adverse Possession, has roots dating back 100's of years ago to Europe. there is literally nothing new under the sun

DarkReign
10-16-2012, 12:36 PM
sqatter's rights, aka Adverse Possession, has roots dating back 100's of years ago to Europe. there is literally nothing new under the sun

Didnt know that. The More You Know.

stretch
10-16-2012, 12:50 PM
canadians

lebomb
10-16-2012, 01:00 PM
I was gonna say someone from India. They are taking over all kinda shit.