PDA

View Full Version : sons wow Texas is bad, really BAD ...

BRHornet45
10-13-2012, 02:43 PM
I have to admit I didn't see this one coming. I expected Texas to at least hang in there, but then again even Ole Piss dropped 30 something points on them. Texas fan must be devestated right now considering how arrogant and delusional they have been over the last few weeks ....

BRHornet45
10-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Choklahoma with 621 total yards of offense so far lol. good Lord

Sisk
10-13-2012, 05:15 PM
Question for the horn fans: do you want to fire Mack? Who do you want to replace him, realistically?

Sisk
10-13-2012, 05:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qV0Hg.png

ThePop
10-13-2012, 05:22 PM
Question for the horn fans: do you want to fire Mack? Who do you want to replace him, realistically?

If those Ohio State players didn't get themselves in trouble, Urban Meyer would be coaching here next year. Realistically? I have no idea.

symple19
10-13-2012, 05:39 PM
http://i.imgur.com/qV0Hg.png
:lmao

shyne
10-13-2012, 05:40 PM

I would take Peterson, I like Dan Mullens, but I have no idea who would be available.

Vito Corleone
10-13-2012, 05:46 PM
If those Ohio State players didn't get themselves in trouble, Urban Meyer would be coaching here next year. Realistically? I have no idea.

All you have to do is read the Rivals board to know how we feel right now.

I don't see mack surviving this mess, I do see him staying within the program probably getting a cush job as assistant AD.

And aggsy, Texas is not aggsy nor are we tech or baylor. Texas is the best job in America and there is no coach off the radar. Texas has enough money to buy anyone we want.

No one is off the radar including Saban or Chip Kelly

I'd go so far as to say the top 3 candidates are

Nick Saban
Chip Kelly
Pete Carroll

BRHornet45
10-13-2012, 05:52 PM
Texas is ONE of the best jobs in the country and easily in the top 10, but to say it is the best is comical. Saban isn't going anywhere, but the other two could easily be brought in.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-13-2012, 05:59 PM
Is it still Greg Davis's fault, imo?

symple19
10-13-2012, 06:06 PM
lol thinking Saban would leave Bama. He's more or less the king of the state of Alabama. There's literally nothing UT can offer that Bama can't

Highly, highly doubt Chip Kelly would leave Oregon. Nike can make sure he gets however much money he wants and he's in a less competitive conference where it's easier to win

Carroll? Why would you even want that guy after what he did to USC?

Sisk
10-13-2012, 06:21 PM
All you have to do is read the Rivals board to know how we feel right now.

I don't see mack surviving this mess, I do see him staying within the program probably getting a cush job as assistant AD.

And aggsy, Texas is not aggsy nor are we tech or baylor. Texas is the best job in America and there is no coach off the radar. Texas has enough money to buy anyone we want.

Nick Saban
Chip Kelly
Pete Carroll

You are an idiot.

Thanks to the other horns for legit answers. Urban would've been an amazing hire. He'd be undefeated with the talent yall currently have. Surprised no one has said Charlie Strong though, he's going somewhere else after this season.

monosylab1k
10-13-2012, 06:33 PM

Nick Saban
Chip Kelly
Pete Carroll

:lmao wow that's delusional.

Saban is absolutely not leaving Alabama unless he wants another shot at the NFL. Which he most likely doesn't.
Unless you're saying UT has more money than Nike, no they aren't getting Chip Kelly.
Pete Carroll is a possibility, but you better pray the Seahawks tank hard.

Clipper Nation
10-13-2012, 07:02 PM
lol thinking Saban would leave Bama. He's more or less the king of the state of Alabama. There's literally nothing UT can offer that Bama can't

Same logic goes for Petersen, too, especially since Coach Pete has already turned down Florida, Stanford, Penn State, UCLA, and others in the past tbh...

symple19
10-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Same logic goes for Petersen, too, especially since Coach Pete has already turned down Florida, Stanford, Penn State, UCLA, and others in the past tbh...

Again, I agree with you. Although I doubt BSU can pay like Texas can, although that's obviously not Coach Peterson's main thing

shyne
10-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Again, I agree with you. Although I doubt BSU can pay like Texas can, although that's obviously not Coach Peterson's main thing

Well his offense would already be in place, I'm sure he would keep Harsin on as the offensive coordinator. I think if Texas wants him they get him.

symple19
10-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Well his offense would already be in place, I'm sure he would keep Harsin on as the offensive coordinator. I think if Texas wants him they get him.

Auburn people are bringing up his name as well, not that the Auburn job is nearly as attractive as the Texas job. But as Clipper Nation has pointed out, he's rebuffed a lot of overtures for a lot of money. It really doesn't appear as though he has any desire to leave for any reason. Obviously Texas, and to a lesser extent, Auburn, are more attractive from a $/recruiting/facilities standpoint, but those just don't seem to pique his interest.

Florida is every bit as attractive as UT and can probably pay just as much, but he turned them down. Those other schools clippernation mentioned, not so much.

Worth a try for both schools, though, no?

I'll also say this, if both the UT and Auburn job come open this offseason, it's going to make things a helluva lot tougher on Auburn to find a top-notch guy

ColinB
10-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Change has to start at the top. Dodds needs to go.

symple19
10-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Change has to start at the top. Dodds needs to go.

I'm guessing he's your AD?

Auburn has the same fucking problem with Jay Jacobs. Dude has a small home underneath cheeze-it's nutsac and the whole Athletic program, other than the swim team, is suffering during his pathetic watch