PDA

View Full Version : Is having children (planned or otherwise) basically waving a white flag...

DD
10-13-2012, 05:38 PM
...for your own life?

baseline bum
10-13-2012, 05:42 PM
I thought that's what marriage was.

DD
10-13-2012, 05:44 PM
Marriage can last a day...parenting lasts at least 18 years of your life

symple19
10-13-2012, 05:51 PM
yes

redzero
10-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Marriage can last a day...parenting lasts at least 18 years of your life

Tell that to Casey Anthony.

spurs_fan_in_exile
10-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Metaphorically speaking I'd say it's just the opposite of a white flag. It's like going to war in Iraq or 'Nam. No short term hope for victory, no clear goals or even definition of victory in the long term.

Beyond that (and I'm speaking with a grand total of five months riding that crazy train) I would still say no. There's absolutely no single event that will change your life more drastically, but it's only all over if you let it happen.

resistanze
10-13-2012, 05:59 PM
...for your own life?

Of course not. You can have a whole lifetime of living your unfulfilled dreams through your child.

mavs>spurs
10-13-2012, 06:01 PM
i think the OP mean's basically waving a "brown" flag due to the pigment of your skin turning brown after having the kid imho. the more kids the darker you get and therefore the shittier your new quality of life, tbh.

jeebus
10-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Having a fuck trophy is pretty much the worst thing you can do to yourself. Sometimes people who have kids IMMEDIATELY regret it and they'll do anything to get their old, better life back. The aforementioned Casey Anthony comes to mind or that fat beaner who super glued her house ape's hands together.

If you're dead set on having kids, do yourself a favor and just burn your money instead of wasting it on diapers and shitty toys that'll get used for 20 minutes.

DD
10-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Pretty much, tbh. Kids (for the most part) are depreciating assets.

Agloco
10-13-2012, 06:38 PM
...for your own life?

Depends on your station in life and your own sense of self-worth tbh.

If those are both on the low end of the scale, then most likely yes.

DD
10-13-2012, 06:46 PM
You can have an incredible sense of self-worth yet still be saddled with 18+ years of limited mobility and freedom.

benefactor
10-13-2012, 07:31 PM
It definitely delays things. I've been wanting to move away from the area I am in for a while but my daughter is 13, so I've got about five more years. I love her very much though and wouldn't trade her for a second chance.

Latarian Milton
10-13-2012, 08:31 PM
you already surrendered the moment you agreed to a longterm relationship or marriage with the bitch tbh, having children is more like the final sentence you receive in a martial court

TDMVPDPOY
10-13-2012, 08:36 PM
if ur young and living that lifestyle u love to go out and partying and shit, with no responsibility....dont have kids in the prime of ur youthful life, cause theres a chance u dont even look after the children....

theres a reason why i hate bastard parents who dont look after their kids and just dump them to the family or grandparents full time...fck them selfish bastards....

symple19
10-13-2012, 08:40 PM
Having a fuck trophy is pretty much the worst thing you can do to yourself. Sometimes people who have kids IMMEDIATELY regret it and they'll do anything to get their old, better life back. The aforementioned Casey Anthony comes to mind or that fat beaner who super glued her house ape's hands together.

If you're dead set on having kids, do yourself a favor and just burn your money instead of wasting it on diapers and shitty toys that'll get used for 20 minutes.

:lmao

Agloco
10-13-2012, 09:08 PM
You can have an incredible sense of self-worth yet still be saddled with 18+ years of limited mobility and freedom.

I'm not certain that a person with a high sense of self worth would see things in that light. Its really a question of whose eye is doing the beholding.

Avante
10-13-2012, 09:24 PM
If you're still a kid yourself then forget about having kids.

Reck
10-13-2012, 09:30 PM
If you're still a kid yourself then forget about having kids.

So is that what went wrong with your parents then? Makes sense.

Avante
10-13-2012, 09:34 PM
So is that what went wrong with your parents then? Makes sense.

I'm not the one who needs everyone else to carry me, that would be you. My parents raised a guy who can stand on his own, yours raised a kid in need of others.

Latarian Milton
10-13-2012, 09:49 PM
a smart man would never get stuck in any sort of a relationship with a bitch in his 20s tbh, let alone having kids with her

Reck
10-13-2012, 09:50 PM
:cry :cry

Avante
10-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Why not stick to the topic little fella, ok? Don't you get tired of the lameass shit?

Ok done with you here. Stick to the topic...got it!

Creepn
10-13-2012, 11:23 PM
Another pessimistic suicidal thread from Deadly Dynasty. :wakeup

Drachen
10-13-2012, 11:25 PM

Cloth diapers tbh and toys are cooler nowadays. Having a kid gives you an excuse to play with them. Lol

To answer the OP, it kinda depends on what you had planned. You still have personal goals, even goals with no relation to your kids, but kids are an extra consideration in the achievement of those goals.

lakerhaterade
10-13-2012, 11:26 PM
What happened with your old account, DD?

Creepn
10-13-2012, 11:33 PM
Sure you blow alot of money on kids, WHO CARES!! You'll still be able to buy the things you want and save. Tell your wife or gf, ""BRB, gonna hang out tonight, love you", tgive her and the kids a kiss then go have fun. Not a big fuckin deal.

DD
10-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Sure you blow alot of money on kids, WHO CARES!!

Your elusive father cared.

Bill_Brasky
10-14-2012, 10:08 AM
Sure you blow alot of money on kids, WHO CARES!!

I do, because I'd rather be able to enjoy my life instead of saving all my hard-earned money for another in the way person in an already way overcrowded world, probably by a **** that I really would rather not be with long term.

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-14-2012, 10:23 AM
The only reason why I'd consider having kids is a feel I owe it to society to make sure my intelligence gets passed down as much as possible. The way stupid people pollute the gene pool by having tons of kids, it's up to smart people to at least try and limit how stupid society is becoming.

I'd gladly donate sperm to a responsible people who know their stupidity and want their kid to be smarter.

Latarian Milton
10-14-2012, 11:27 PM
some people just too smart to step into women's traps so most of them choose to be celibates throughout their lives, issac newton is a perfect example. other intelligent people might get married but they just fuck them hoes for fun and dont really give a shit about the marriage or the quality of their offsprings, knowing that females are all dumb & stupid and will mostly cancel off even the sperms of a genius. thats probably why the average IQ of humans has been declining generation by generation imho

Creepn
10-15-2012, 12:25 AM
I do, because I'd rather be able to enjoy my life instead of saving all my hard-earned money for another in the way person in an already way overcrowded world, probably by a **** that I really would rather not be with long term.

This way of thinking will not achieve long term happiness tbh. Just my opinion. I wish you luck with this plan.

DarkReign
10-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Having a child instantly creates a clear divide in your life.

The life you had before children and the life you have forever after.

They are very different. Which is why having children is a very big decision. If having a child wasnt a decision (but a mistake, unplanned or unprepared), then yes, youre going to be pretty disappointed in your new life for a couple years, I can guarantee that.

RandomGuy
10-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Having children are the only thing in life truly worth doing, IMO.

purplengold
10-16-2012, 12:18 PM
only if you a bitch n can't handle bein a father