PDA

View Full Version : Who would you have?

racm
10-13-2012, 10:04 PM
RJ and Festus Ezeli or Stephen Jackson?

On the one hand, you get a perpetual playoff choker, but you also retain a serviceable center (he looks pretty good in preseason so far). On the other hand I doubt the Spurs sniff the WCF with Dick Jefferson on the roster :lol

Leetonidas
10-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Spurs would be doomed from the get go with RJ on the team. He was a cancer. The team looked much better once he was gone. So Jack

racm
10-13-2012, 10:14 PM
Spurs would be doomed from the get go with RJ on the team. He was a cancer. The team looked much better once he was gone. So Jack

True, and tbh if there were a way to get Jack without giving up the 2012 first round pick it would have been optimal.

SenorSpur
10-13-2012, 10:30 PM
I really hated the fact that the Spurs were forced to part with that 1st round pick. I had Ezeli targeted as player who would've been available at #30 and sure enough he was. However, I'm glad RJ is gone, but I wish there had been another way for the Spurs to keep their 1st round pick. This franchise cannot afford missing opportunities to restock the talent cupboard by way of the draft.

TDMVPDPOY
10-13-2012, 10:54 PM
steph jackson does what he does best in the playoffs, overshadows what RJ has done his whole career...

timvp
10-13-2012, 11:04 PM
Easy question. The Spurs had no chance at a championship with RJ wasting minutes. Getting rid of him was great. Adding Jack is icing on the cake.

Great trade. One of the best of the Pop Era.

therealtruth
10-13-2012, 11:22 PM
Maybe the Spurs can sucker the Warriors into trading Ezeli for a combination of Blair, Splitter, or Neal.

jon123spurs
10-13-2012, 11:22 PM
Come on now there is no other answer than captain Jax. The dude is clutch rj was trash from the beginning.

racm
10-13-2012, 11:49 PM
Easy question. The Spurs had no chance at a championship with RJ wasting minutes. Getting rid of him was great. Adding Jack is icing on the cake.

Great trade. One of the best of the Pop Era.

True... but had there been a way to get Jack without getting rid of the first rounder I would have done it in a heartbeat.