PDA

View Full Version : Kansas State vs WV

Avante
10-13-2012, 11:07 PM
Don't over react to what we saw today, TT was a perfect spot to do what they did.

Now WV coming off a loss, now at home vs a solid Kansas State team.

Let's break it down....

How do the Wildcats do on the road a second week on a row? Let's go back three years.

2009..lost to UCLA
2010..lost to both Baylor and Colorado
2011..beat Kansas

As we can see they aren't exactly juggernauts in that role.

How does WV do coming off a loss now at home since 2009?

They have been in that "spot" five times in the last three years. They have always won the next game.

Can Kansas State win back to back on the road with that second game being a great WV team coming off a loss......nope!!!!!!!!!!

symple19
10-13-2012, 11:08 PM
Don't over react to what we saw today, TT was a perfect spot to do what they did.

Now WV coming off a loss at home vs a solid Kansas State team.

Let' sbreak it down....

How do the Wildcats do on the road a second week on a row? Let's go back three years.

2009..lost to UCLA
2011..beat Kansas

As we can see thet aren't exactly juggernauts in that role.

How does WV do coming off a loss at home since 2009?

They have been in that "spot" five times in the last three years. They have always won the next game.

Can Kansas State win back to back on the road with that second game being a great WV team coming off a loss......nope!!!!!!!!!!

Dude...WVU lost to TT in Lubbock...

BRHornet45
10-13-2012, 11:10 PM
son West Virgina got exposed for the average team that they are and how fitting is it that the team they played last week (Texas) got exposed today as well. neither of them are legit teams.

Pelicans78
10-13-2012, 11:10 PM
At first glance I like K-State because they can physically pound WVU. They faced a much better defense in Iowa St compared to what WVU's defense. I could see Klein having a huge game. Also K-State has a very good defense as well and they will be very physical against WVU's offense. Back-to-back road games are tough, but obviously they've already won at OU this year plus they have way more momentum compared to WVU. I like K-State because they are the better team in general and they have more momentum than WVU.

Avante
10-13-2012, 11:15 PM
Dude...WVU lost to TT in Lubbock...

I know, where did I say any different? I went into depth about WV and that double road in another thread here.

I got it...

You misunderstood. Read it knowing I know where the game was played.

Avante
10-13-2012, 11:20 PM
son West Virgina got exposed for the average team that they are and how fitting is it that the team they played last week (Texas) got exposed today as well. neither of them are legit teams.

Wrong!

What we saw was two teams that left it all on the field a week ago. Both were flatter than a pancake this week. You've heard the term.."trap game"...we saw some of that. Actually we see it all the time.

Avante
10-13-2012, 11:22 PM
At first glance I like K-State because they can physically pound WVU. They faced a much better defense in Iowa St compared to what WVU's defense. I could see Klein having a huge game. Also K-State has a very good defense as well and they will be very physical against WVU's offense. Back-to-back road games are tough, but obviously they've already won at OU this year plus they have way more momentum compared to WVU. I like K-State because they are the better team in general and they have more momentum than WVU.

So you see the Wildcats favored in the game?

symple19
10-13-2012, 11:23 PM
am i missing something? I thought you said WVU is coming off a loss at home. didn't you? They just lost on the road to TT. K State just won on the road against Iowa

symple19
10-13-2012, 11:24 PM

Let' sbreak it down....

2009..lost to UCLA
2011..beat Kansas

As we can see thet aren't exactly juggernauts in that role.

How does WV do coming off a loss at home since 2009?

symple19
I've had a few, but not that many

Pelicans78
So you see the Wildcats favored in the game?

Favored? I dont think so. It think it will be like 3 for WVU which is basically a pick em. But I do think K-State would be favored by 5+ on a neutral field.

symple19
yet

Blake
10-13-2012, 11:31 PM
K State should have no problem with WVU, but only a fool would bet on that one.

symple19
10-13-2012, 11:33 PM
somebody fucking tell me if I was reading Avante wrong...If i'm retarded, I'll say so

Avante
10-13-2012, 11:40 PM
somebody fucking tell me if I was reading Avante wrong...If i'm retarded, I'll say so

I assumed since I went into detail over the situation that WV was in this week, being back to back on the road vs a home and home TT team that nobody could possibly think I thought the game was played at WV. How could you think that?

It was...

WV coming off a loss at home vs a Kansas State team.

I guess it should have been.. off a loss, now at home...

Just so you know, I will never ever not know where these teams are playing.

Avante
10-13-2012, 11:42 PM

Go ahead man, why do you think that? Elaborate.

Avante
10-13-2012, 11:44 PM
Favored? I dont think so. It think it will be like 3 for WVU which is basically a pick em. But I do think K-State would be favored by 5+ on a neutral field.

I think you're getting caught up in the moment. Don't ignore what history has told us about the "spot" these teams are in next week.

WV doesn't lose home games coming off a loss and KState doesn't win back to back on the road very often.

Pelicans78
10-13-2012, 11:44 PM

Agreed. I would never bet on that game.

symple19
10-13-2012, 11:46 PM
I assumed since I went into detail over the situation that WV was in this week, being back to back on the road vs a home and home TT team that nobody could possibly think I thought the game was played at WV. How could you think that?

It was...

WV coming off a loss at home vs a Kansas State team.

I guess it should have been.. off a loss, now at home...

Just so you know, I will never ever not know where these teams are playing.

Okay...but now all the stats you threw out are pointless... I agree in general with your argument, but you should double check shit before you post is all i'm saying

I would be inclined to take the Mountaineers at home as well...regardless of spread... Of course, I don't bet on anything, even though I was 100% (assuming an aggy victory) today in the SEC

Pelicans78
10-13-2012, 11:48 PM
I think you're getting caught up in the moment. Don't ignore what history has told us about the "spot" these teams are in next week.

Its not about history. Its about matchups. WVU doesn't matchup well at all with K-State. K-State is so much more physical on offense and defense. Klein is gonna have a big game. WVU can't stop him and K-State's defense is much better than WVU. Plus, K-State has the momentum. They've gone to Norman already and won. That gives them enough confidence going to WVU.

Avante
10-13-2012, 11:49 PM
Okay...but now all the stats you threw out are pointless... I agree in general with your argument, but you should double check shit before you post is all i'm saying

I would be inclined to take the Mountaineers at home as well...regardless of spread... Of course, I don't bet on anything, even though I was 100% (assuming an aggy victory) today in the SEC

I gave TT a great shot at winning this game today based on the same type of numbers/logic I'm using in the WV vs KState game next week. You do not ignore the numbers, histories, trends and stats, if you think they mean nothing you'd be 100% wrong.

Geno Smith was the second coming, can you say...HEISMAN!!!!!!!! The guy could walk on water. What happened?

What happened was he was a very difficult "spot".

Avante
10-13-2012, 11:53 PM
Its not about history. Its about matchups. WVU doesn't matchup well at all with K-State. K-State is so much more physical on offense and defense. Klein is gonna have a big game. WVU can't stop him and K-State's defense is much better than WVU. Plus, K-State has the momentum. They've gone to Norman already and won. That gives them enough confidence going to WVU.

Notre Dame was a 21 point favorite over Stanford. What happened?

Good teams coming off a loss now back at home vs a team on the road again, trust me WV has the advantage here.

Pelicans78
10-13-2012, 11:57 PM
Notre Dame was a 21 point favorite over Stanford. What happened?

Good teams coming off a loss now back at home vs a team on the road again, trust me WV has the advantage here.

The rain in the Notre Dame slowed them down. It was brutal weather and it always neutralizes the better team. Plus, Notre Dame's offense isn't that great either.

Besides, what does the Notre Dame game have to do with this?

WVU will be favored at home against K-State, but its a game I wouldn't bet on. K-State is a better team and they dominate finesse teams like WVU with their style of play.

symple19
10-13-2012, 11:57 PM
:lol

Avante
10-14-2012, 12:00 AM
I used the ND game to show how far off perception can be. If anyone was hurt by the rain it was Stanford and it was obvious.

Don't keep telling me that KState is the better team, you don't know that. Not that that is all that important when we have two good teams, it's more about the "spot" they are in that week. Case in point WV losing to TT. Home/road is huge, as is coming off a loss.

Clipper Nation
10-14-2012, 01:02 AM
West Virginia = f:lolcked

My boy Klein's boutta tear those Mountaineers a new asshole, tbh....

Avante
10-14-2012, 01:05 AM
West Virginia = f:lolcked

My boy Klein's boutta tear those Mountaineers a new asshole, tbh....

Come on man, break it down. You see that because.......?

The Wildcats had the 90th ranked pass defense heading into this week. They can't defend the pass vs Geno Smith at home coming off a loss.

Pelicans78
10-14-2012, 01:09 AM

Because they haven't stopped anyone this season. They have a horrendous defense. Klein will get his yards and points.

Avante
10-14-2012, 01:10 AM
Because they haven't stopped anyone this season. They have a horrendous defense. Klein will get his yards and points.

KState can't stop the pass. They average less than 3 sacks a game so they don't pressure the QB either.

WV at home vs a team that doesn't pressure the QB and was ranked 90th vs the pass heading into this weekend.

Clipper Nation
10-14-2012, 01:14 AM
Shit WVU defense + this year's Heisman QB (Klein) = WVU f:lolcked

Avante
10-14-2012, 01:16 AM
Shit WVU defense + this year's Heisman QB (Klein) = WVU f:lolcked

Where did you get this idea that KState had a great defense?

Don't put too much into "a" game. KState has proven they aren't all that on the road over time.

Clipper Nation
10-14-2012, 01:17 AM
ANYONE has a good defense compared to WVU, tbh....

Avante
10-14-2012, 01:30 AM
ANYONE has a good defense compared to WVU, tbh....

WV has more gamebreakers than KState has. If we look at the QB stats it's still Geno Smith over Klein. KState has a weak pass rush and pass defense. Yep, that WV defense sucks. So we will see another high scoring video game looking contest. No reason not to go with the home team here.

Bill_Brasky
10-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Where did you get this idea that KState had a great defense?

Don't put too much into "a" game. KState has proven they aren't all that on the road over time.

Maybe he got it from the fact that they beat OU by holding them under 20 and making Blake Bell(the one that raped Texas) into their bitch.

Add to that that Collin Klein is the white Vince Young and K State rolls.

Avante
10-16-2012, 01:34 AM
Saw a replay (game wasn't on here in central Cali) of the WV/TT game. Why didn't anyone mention that wind?

Blake
10-16-2012, 08:39 AM
Saw a replay (game wasn't on here in central Cali) of the WV/TT game. Why didn't anyone mention that wind?

They mentioned the wind many times during the game.

Apparently your hearing blows worse than your predictions.

K-State Spur
10-19-2012, 02:53 PM
KState can't stop the pass. They average less than 3 sacks a game so they don't pressure the QB either.

WV at home vs a team that doesn't pressure the QB and was ranked 90th vs the pass heading into this weekend.

Can't stop? They're giving up about 250 yards per game there - not stellar, but not getting shredded either. In 4 games against BCS opponents, that number falls to 204 passing ypg allowed. Cats don't care a ton about getting sacks, they'll consistently drop 7 into coverage and force you to string out drives to beat them. If you get impatient or press, they'll turn you over. Landry Jones did get 300 yards passing against KSU, and it only translated to 19 points. They don't really care if Smith gets 450, so long as they hold WV out of the end zone.

The whole "K-State doesn't play well in back-to-back road games" is pretty worthless. 1) It's an extremely small sample size. 2) The team didn't turn the corner with Snyder until the beginning of last year. You can say they struggled in those back-to-back roadies in 2009-2010, but they only went 13-12 those 2 years in ANY kind of ball game. They're 16-3 against everybody in every situation (1-0 in the 2nd of B2B roadie as you point out) since that point.

Clipper Nation
10-20-2012, 07:13 PM
WVU currently getting exposed and shut out by K-State's defense at the moment, tbh....

:lol Avante

Clipper Nation
10-20-2012, 07:34 PM
Geno Smith was the second coming, can you say...HEISMAN!!!!!!!! The guy could walk on water. What happened?

What happened was he was a very difficult "spot".

WV has more gamebreakers than KState has. If we look at the QB stats it's still Geno Smith over Klein.

:lol Geno: 9/13, 62 yards, 0 TD's
:lol Klein: 14/16, 226 yards, 1 TD, 3 rushing TD's

benefactor
10-20-2012, 07:41 PM
:lol Heisman candidate

Clipper Nation
10-20-2012, 07:52 PM
:lol Nice throw, Geno

Clipper Nation
10-20-2012, 08:07 PM
The Wildcats had the 90th ranked pass defense heading into this week. They can't defend the pass vs Geno Smith at home coming off a loss.

3 sacks and 1 INT so far by the K-State defense who supposedly "can't defend the pass vs Geno Smith" :lmao

:lol 45-7

Blake
10-20-2012, 08:09 PM

I can't even rofl at this shit any more.

benefactor
10-20-2012, 08:09 PM
What's happening? I'm watching the Texas Defensive Abortion.

Clipper Nation
10-20-2012, 08:14 PM
:lol ANOTHER Geno Smith INT

Avante
11-08-2012, 07:33 AM
All the football experts like myself had WV winning this game, what happened?

NFO
11-08-2012, 09:23 AM

They actually played the game.

Blake
11-08-2012, 01:10 PM

Lol all the experts.

You're a fucking idiot is what happened.