PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent: Earl Watson

Kori Ellis
06-26-2005, 07:39 PM
I have no idea how much money he'll demand but he's unrestricted.

I'd love to have him in a Spurs uniform and not just because he's a former UCLA Bruin.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2005, 07:40 PM
He's a Spur Killa. Would be nice. He seems likely to be out of the Spurs' price range. Spurs would also be giving up on Beno.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-26-2005, 07:43 PM
Earl can play good point guard Defense, can he not?

nod on spurs killa

Kori Ellis
06-26-2005, 07:44 PM
Earl can play good point guard Defense, can he not?

Yes, very much so.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Then I think this would be a good fit. Plus he's got a solid jumper (at least against us haha)

But i would hate to see young Udrih go. Hmmm we're too deep at guard spots, we just need that damn long SF

SpursFanDan
06-26-2005, 07:45 PM
I would love it if we got earl, he seems like a great guy... our team is nothing but great guys..so he would fit right in.

Kori Ellis
06-26-2005, 07:46 PM
Hmmm we're too deep at guard spots, we just need that damn long SF

Yeah, I'm still looking for a SF too. But I'm waiting to see what the Spurs are going to do with Linton.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-26-2005, 07:48 PM
I really can't see how we can go wrong with keeping Linton. The man seems to be of Spurs-quality personality.

If he has the defense we've heard about he just needs to put in a good offseason workout of practicing spot up threes from Bowen's spot haha

NCaliSpurs
06-26-2005, 10:31 PM
Earl would be the perfect backup for Tony. He or NVE would make us a very deep team indeed.

conversekid
06-26-2005, 10:33 PM
if we could afford him, he would be great.

Mr. Body
06-26-2005, 10:35 PM
Nope.

We may remember we have a backup point in a guy named Beno Udrih.

Also, Earl Watson thinks he deserves to start, which he does. See him go to Houston.

Nikos
06-26-2005, 10:37 PM
He seems like a solid player on D, but is he really any better offensively than Beno in this system? Beno seems like he could be a solid offensive player in this system considering his shooting touch.

Earl would probably be an up and down guy in this system offensively, but a solid defensive player. The reason I am not sure he would be a true asset to this club versus Beno is that he really doesn't seem to be a great distributor. At least in the sense of being able to make good decisions and be an efficient playmaker. His Ast/To ratio isn't too special, and he isn't really a solid 3pt shooter from what I have seen.

So would he even offer a better package then Beno?

Mr. Body
06-26-2005, 10:43 PM
So would he even offer a better package then Beno?

Nope. Please let's close this thread.

Guru of Nothing
06-26-2005, 11:00 PM
Earl = no.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-26-2005, 11:02 PM
Nope.

We may remember we have a backup point in a guy named Beno Udrih.

Also, Earl Watson thinks he deserves to start, which he does. See him go to Houston.

I could see that happening too, which is a little scary because he could really be an asset in H-Town. Put Watson in the East where he can't cause any damage.

Kori Ellis
06-26-2005, 11:29 PM
Mr. Body -- We aren't going to "close" these threads and I wish you'd stop bitching about them. This is what we do in the offseason. We talk about free agents. We talk about them for the Spurs. And we talk about them for other teams.

Likely Earl Watson will end up a starter in Cleveland or Atlanta.

timvp
06-26-2005, 11:31 PM
Watson is starting next year somewhere.

Tigole Bitties
06-26-2005, 11:31 PM
Earl's got too many tattoos to be a Spur.

King
06-27-2005, 09:14 AM
Ever see Cherokee Parks?

DDS4
06-27-2005, 10:29 AM
UCLA Bruin!

No brainer. Pick him up.

ObiwanGinobili
06-27-2005, 11:14 AM
Earl's got too many tattoos to be a Spur.

Yes. After the "rodman catastrophy" :oops we put a limit on Tats.
Here is a quote from the Spurs Handbook:
" Visable tatttos shall be limited to:
4 individual tats of 1 color and less than 3x5in.
or
3 individual tats of no more than 3 colors and less than 3x5 in
or
2 individual tats. 1 containing no more than 2 colors. At least one must fit the 3x5 rule, althoguth the other cannot exceed 7x9.

Non visable Tattos shall be limited to:
no more than 2 of varying colors and not to exceed 7x9 in.
note: tats less then the size of a 1/2 dollar are not restricted. "

spur219
06-27-2005, 11:16 AM
Watson won't be in a Spurs uniform. It would be great but he will start on a shitty team next season.

Solid D
06-27-2005, 11:22 AM
If Earl Watson ends up in Houston, look out! That kid is strong, tough, clutch, an excellent distributor, a little over the edge on fouls but otherwise under-rated player.

If the Spurs could afford him, you could forget about any problems of closing out quarters.

Marcus Bryant
08-01-2005, 08:22 AM
He's one of the few I could stand losing Beno to obtain. Will cost plenty wherever he ends up.

MI21
08-01-2005, 09:32 AM
I can't see him ending up a Spur, even though it would be great.

I really hope he doesn't end up in Houston though, that would be a nightmare.

Kip Fanatic
08-01-2005, 09:33 AM
I've hoping for this guy to become a Spur. He is a very good defender. He handles the ball real well. Wish I could say the same about Beno.

Kori Ellis
08-18-2005, 11:45 AM
My dear Watson
Aug 18 - Free agent Earl Watson is expected to visit the Cavs this week, the Akron Beacon Journal and Cleveland Plain Dealer report. The Cavs are still searching for point guard help and have also had visits with Damon Jones, Marko Jaric, Steve Blake and Jannero Pargo.

Last season, Watson, 26, averaged 7.5 points, 4.5 assists for the Grizzlies.

Marcus Bryant
08-18-2005, 11:59 AM
Interesting. What cap flexibility do the Cavs have left?

Kori Ellis
08-18-2005, 12:01 PM
Interesting. What cap flexibility do the Cavs have left?

I'm not sure at all. But I think they have about $4-5M left. They supposedly are offering Damon Jones something around $3.5M, but he's waiting to see what the Heat are doing.

Marcus Bryant
08-18-2005, 12:12 PM
It seems like a lot of cap room is drying up across the league. Probably will result in some sign and trades in a few weeks.

I bet the Spurs end up with someone decent with what cap flexibility they have left. Provided, of course, that they are willing to spend it.

wildbill2u
08-18-2005, 12:19 PM
If he's gonna cost too much, wants (and deserves) to be a starter, and is unlikely to come to the Spurs, I don't see much point in discussing it further.

So Kori, why don't you start a similar no-brainer wish-list thread "Could Spurs trade for Kidd" to have something to discuss during the summer doldrums. That would be more interesting.

T Park
08-18-2005, 12:23 PM
^^^ Dude, why are you insulting Kori for. why cant you just disagree without posting???

Kori Ellis
08-18-2005, 12:25 PM
If he's gonna cost too much, wants (and deserves) to be a starter, and is unlikely to come to the Spurs, I don't see much point in discussing it further.

So Kori, why don't you start a similar no-brainer wish-list thread "Could Spurs trade for Kidd" to have something to discuss during the summer doldrums. That would be more interesting.

If you don't see any point of discussing it, then get the fuck out of the thread. This thread was started two months ago. We start threads about most all the available free agents and discuss where they will go. It doesn't mean they'll all be Spurs. Where free agents end up other than with the Spurs, effect the team too. :rolleyes

Marcus Bryant
08-18-2005, 12:41 PM
WTF? We're not writing a doctoral thesis in this forum. We're bullshitting (not that those are mutually exclusive activities, but I digress).

So, take a deep breath, release it slowly and take the meds of your choice.

Or, as a wise man in his own mind once said....

Read or Scroll.™

:cooldevil