PDA

View Full Version : A sign to expect more Duncan-Splitter?

TD 21
10-14-2012, 05:15 PM
http://www.48minutesofhell.com/preseason-pregaming-spurs-at-rockets

Tiago Splitter spent some time working on moving off the ball when a teammate has the ball in the post. Splitter was making cuts baseline and towards the middle from the opposite block, trying to create passing lanes when the other big man makes a move.

timvp
10-14-2012, 05:39 PM
It's also notable that the last two games, Splitter has played the vast majority of the game with Duncan also on the court. In fact, all his stints have begun with Duncan as the other bigman, IIRC.

Manu-20
10-14-2012, 06:24 PM
I think if curry works out it could of been a huge break the spurs needed becuase if we can actully have a decent backup big man who is just big and strong add to that he can score that can let pop start splitter and duncan while bringing Curry and Diaw off the bench. Of course this is just my pipe dream but it seems to be getting some smoke to the fire with these past 2 games as we have seen.

TD 21
10-14-2012, 06:32 PM
Whether Curry makes it or not (and though it should be a no brainer at this point, I'm skeptical), he will not regularly be active, so I wouldn't take Duncan and Splitter playing more together as a sign that Curry is going to make the team.

It's weird, Splitter's minutes don't reflect it, but the rotation indicates they may be planning to utilize him as the third big. Really, all that means is he'll play 2-3 minutes with Duncan each half. But it's a way to bump his minutes up and hopefully slightly improve the defense.

Ultimately though, if he can't effectively play next to Duncan for stretches and continues to miss time because of a paper cut every few weeks, then don't be surprised to see him traded for Varejao by the deadline.

therealtruth
10-14-2012, 08:26 PM
Whether Curry makes it or not (and though it should be a no brainer at this point, I'm skeptical), he will not regularly be active, so I wouldn't take Duncan and Splitter playing more together as a sign that Curry is going to make the team.

It's weird, Splitter's minutes don't reflect it, but the rotation indicates they may be planning to utilize him as the third big. Really, all that means is he'll play 2-3 minutes with Duncan each half. But it's a way to bump his minutes up and hopefully slightly improve the defense.

Ultimately though, if he can't effectively play next to Duncan for stretches and continues to miss time because of a paper cut every few weeks, then don't be surprised to see him traded for Varejao by the deadline.

I thought we did our best in the playoffs when he was used as the third big particularly during the Clippers series.

racm
10-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Pop game planning for LAL tbh

MI21
10-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Pop game planning for LAL tbh

Bingo. LA have Jordan Hill coming off the bench who is quite relentless on the offensive boards, the Spurs need to try there best to keep big-men who can defensive rebound on the court at all times.

MaNu4Tres
10-15-2012, 08:46 AM
http://www.48minutesofhell.com/preseason-pregaming-spurs-at-rockets

Tiago Splitter spent some time working on moving off the ball when a teammate has the ball in the post. Splitter was making cuts baseline and towards the middle from the opposite block, trying to create passing lanes when the other big man makes a move.

Even though minutes have been scarce compared to the large sample size of games played, Splitter has always made cuts baseline, towards the middle from opposite block, ect. whenever he was on the court with Duncan. This movement by him off the ball didn't just start this preseason. It's always been there.

Fabbs
10-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Even though minutes have been scarce compared to the large sample size of games played, Splitter has always made cuts baseline, towards the middle from opposite block, ect. whenever he was on the court with Duncan. This movement by him off the ball didn't just start this preseason. It's always been there.
:lol thank you.

DapDaGenius
10-16-2012, 01:48 AM
Bout time