racm
10-15-2012, 02:58 AM
Shut down by Cory Joseph tbh :lmao

rayjayjohnson
10-15-2012, 03:40 AM
yellow elephant of a contract.

racm
10-15-2012, 03:49 AM
Asik doesn't look overpaid (he has a good shot at MIP tbh) but Lin looks like a scrub.

rayjayjohnson
10-15-2012, 04:41 AM
that's because Lin IS a scrub.

mayweather was right. if he was black, no one would have given a shit. he'd be another kyle lowry. at best. actually, he's no way near lowry.

AussieFanKurt
10-15-2012, 05:50 AM
Lin is a lucky man - somehow has a monster few weeks and now commands a huge pay packet - won't do anything of note this season

Latarian Milton
10-15-2012, 10:23 AM
lin is a scrub but the signing will turn out to be a win-win for both lin and the rockets team business-wise imho. a replacement for the 7'6 trash was urgently needed and the rockets were more than delighted that they found a new cash cow only one year after the old one died. they might be paying too much for a basketball player like him but the oversea market (asian market especially) will kick back tons of $ that will more than compensate for what they lose imho.

Trill Clinton
10-15-2012, 10:29 AM
Asik doesn't look overpaid (he has a good shot at MIP tbh) but Lin looks like a scrub.

yup, cant remember who but someone here said splitter was better than asik. no sir.

ElNono
10-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Sad part is that dude will probably sell more jerseys than Iguodala, tbh...

Clipper Nation
10-15-2012, 10:40 AM
:lmao

"Miss us yet?"
- Dragic and Lowry

jeebus
10-15-2012, 11:51 AM
:cry bu-bu-bu-but it's just the preseason! :cry :cry

- Rocketfan

purplengold
10-15-2012, 12:18 PM
rockets run by dumbfucks thinking they gon sign stars m free cap space fo trades that Neva had chance in hell to happen

Kai
10-15-2012, 12:34 PM
:wakeup

CitizenDwayne
10-15-2012, 12:38 PM
One of the weirdest examples of the ESPN hype frenzy I've seen.

But hey, good for Lin. He went from being a complete nobody to being rich and famous.

Koolaid_Man
10-15-2012, 12:41 PM
:wakeup

Rockets "insiders" all but say that Lin is a lazy fuck.......:lol they on his ass for that 25 mill

Coaches of the Houston Rockets have expressed displeasure with Jeremy Lin’s rehabilitation efforts from left knee surgery.

Lin allowed Russell Westbrook to score 19 points in 16 first-half minutes last Wednesday.

“More than a problem with his knee, what I saw again from Lin is that he is limited as an athlete,’’ was how one person with years of NBA experience put it after seeing Lin’s preseason debut. “Offensively, he should be fine. But when he has to guard opposing point guards, especially guys with speed like Russell Westbrook, he is going to really struggle.’’

Lin cites problems with his knee for his early struggles with the Rockets.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/223978/Report_Rockets_Coaches_Believe_Lin_Needs_To_Work_H arder#ixzz29OGqV6C4

Kai
10-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/223978/Report_Rockets_Coaches_Believe_Lin_Needs_To_Work_H arder#ixzz29OGqV6C4

Lin is not an allstar level player, but if you expect me for a second to believe that a Houston coach went and told a NY reporter that mess, you're delusional. NY media has been spewing garbage about Lin since he left to justify the Knicks not matching.

cd98
10-15-2012, 01:04 PM
In fairness to Lin, some great point guards, like Steve Nash, are great on offense and stink on defense. True he's not Nash-good on offense, but on a bad/average lottery team, he'll get his points and assists to make his contract look plausible, if not reasonable. But we all know, in terms of people in the seats and jersey sales, he'll do way better than Lowry or Dragic. Heck, he might get voted onto the all-star team.

And I don't think he is lazy. Guys like that that finally make it in the NBA aren't lazy. He had to work hard just to get to where he is. If he was lazy, he would have a huge upside. It's the fact that he's not lazy that makes me think he won't be much better than what we've already seen.

Koolaid_Man
10-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Lin is not an allstar level player, but if you expect me for a second to believe that a Houston coach went and told a NY reporter that mess, you're delusional. NY media has been spewing garbage about Lin since he left to justify the Knicks not matching.

I totally disagree...I think you're delusional for not believing a realgm story tbh...Lin got his money on a fluke number of games and know he's set :lol

whitemamba
10-15-2012, 01:41 PM
I totally disagree...I think you're delusional for not believing a realgm story tbh...Lin got his money on a fluke number of games and know he's set :lol

this... what did he get 30 million what a joke... 25-30 games?... go houston marketing team, make that paper

lebomb
10-15-2012, 02:10 PM
He got a mean closs ova

Kai
10-15-2012, 03:05 PM

great take. It's completely logical for a member of an NBA coaching staff to tell a random member of the NY media (who are doing nothing but trashing Lin) that one of his players is lazy after 2 preseason games. What was I thinking?

Koolaid_Man
10-15-2012, 04:46 PM
great take. It's completely logical for a member of an NBA coaching staff to tell a random member of the NY media (who are doing nothing but trashing Lin) that one of his players is lazy after 2 preseason games. What was I thinking?

I know what I'm about say sounds bizzaro for Asians but it's true on the basketball court...the source did likely say it but probably in the context that they don't want that Asian guy to be getting soft on them now that he got his money...I can totally see this being the case....If Lin was in a traditional corporate environment..no problem he's Asian and like the late Green Bay Packers Reggie white said: "Asians so smart they can turn a beeper into a VCR." :lol However, he's in the NBA where Asians don't have a real good history especially once they get hurt...I can see Lin getting happy now that he's paid..and I can see him thinking he can forever coast on those few games played in NYC that got him the mega Houston deal :lol...

This is not about NY media trashing the guy..he's moved on so has the Knicks..this is about a guy that thinks all he has to do is blend in now that he's paid...

LMAO @ Morey

Dex
10-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Rocket fan: I bet he makes the All-Star team!

Clipper Nation
10-15-2012, 07:56 PM
Rocket fan: I bet he makes the All-Star team!

China: We guarantee he makes the All-Star team!

racm
10-15-2012, 08:05 PM
China: We guarantee he makes the All-Star team!

:cry CP3 lost his starting spot :cry

Clipper Nation
10-15-2012, 08:32 PM
:cry CP3 lost his starting spot :cry

:cry Tony Parker not even sniffing the ASG due to Lin, CP3, and Westbrick :cry

Latarian Milton
10-16-2012, 12:22 AM
tbh lin is locked the starting PG for the next 10 or more years' all star games just because he looks similar to those chinks even w/o much actual affiliation with them. i believe even the ex-mav zhizhi would've made the all-star games as a regular hadn't he said those stupid stuffs against his national team, even though whatever he said was flat true. dude just failed to realize he's from a country where people get punished for speaking the truth imho, it's not at all an issue to lin though since he doesn't speak zero chinese :lol

Jacob1983
10-16-2012, 04:19 AM
Lin was born in America.

Latarian Milton
10-16-2012, 09:09 AM
^ tbh he's even more of an america than the current US president in this regard

Dinamita
10-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Rocket fan:

I'm ready to go on record guaranteeing that Dwight will be a Rocket. Take it to the bank bitch.

TDMVPDPOY
10-16-2012, 10:13 AM
cant take a team serious, when their mascot is care bear, which nobody gives a shit

so is that 2nd seed finish still achievable?

Kai
10-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Rocket fan:

God damn it :lol

LkrFan
10-16-2012, 06:08 PM
Nice scoreboard:
http://dy.snimg.com/story-image/3/85/4103767/113842-650-366.jpg