PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here have any experience with NBA league pass?

TDfan2007
10-15-2012, 06:35 PM
I live in Fort Worth and am wondering how watching Spurs games on league pass will work as far as blackouts are concerned. Any Spurs fans in the Dallas/North Texas area have experience with this? Thanks in advance.

monkeypunk
10-15-2012, 06:37 PM
You should get all the games that are not on NBA TV or nationally televised.

Dex
10-15-2012, 06:40 PM
You should get all the games that are not on NBA TV or nationally televised.

With one slight wrinkle...

Since you are probably within the "local" broadcast area of the Mavericks....Spurs/Mavericks games which are locally broadcast will likely be blacked out...but you should be able to watch the local broadcast.

I don't have much experience with League Pass, but that's my understanding. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, SpursTalk massif.

lmbebo
10-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Had it 3 years ago. Web broadcast was very choppy.

CGD
10-15-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm curious about this too. So even games where there is a local feed in addition to the national coverage, are blacked out? That blows. My Internet provider in bumble f* Michigan doesn't stream espn games online (only espn 3), and I haven't had luck with TNT online. I would imagine that if your game is on nbtv that you would get that with league pass no?

I stream everythig, and i really have no desire to get cable so I want to make sure i cann get what I need with league pass. Unfortunely local bars don't carry most of the games I care about.

Seventyniner
10-15-2012, 06:54 PM
I've had LP for 2 years and am getting it again. I'm near the Houston market, so Spurs/Rockets games get blacked out, but they tend to show up on Fox Sports SW. Those are the only games that get blacked out for me.

Also, be advised that games on a national network (TNT, ESPN, ABC) don't show up on LP (TV or online), so if you don't have a TV and are relying solely on the internet to watch LP, you'll have to find another way to watch nationally televised games. Those other ways don't have the DVR-like functionality either, so it's kind of annoying. I sure wish that the NBA would put video archives of nationally televised games on LP, say, the next day; that way they wouldn't compete with the networks. As it is, they only do audio for those games.

The online feed has been fine for me fwiw. You can even skip around like a DVR, though with such a long game, it's easy to skip to 1:05:12 when you really wanted 0:58:31 or something.

gee
10-15-2012, 07:07 PM
Had it 3 years ago. Web broadcast was very choppy.

Had it last season, getting it again this season - streams at 3000kb/second and works like magic, looks so good and runs so smooth I'd rather watch on my laptop than on HDTV tbh.
I'm on international league pass, which shouldn't make a difference to how it runs, and I only watch games on demand a few hours after they've happened which does make a noticable improvement in quality, plus I can skip through timeouts / half time / Splitter's free throws etc

monkeypunk
10-15-2012, 07:13 PM
I ditched my cable and had regular league pass last year and living in Austin, had a ton of games blacked out since we are in that market and I got no playoff coverage. This year, I used a proxy and got international league pass so no blackouts and I get the playoffs.

spursnatic
10-15-2012, 08:17 PM
I live in Fort Worth and am wondering how watching Spurs games on league pass will work as far as blackouts are concerned. Any Spurs fans in the Dallas/North Texas area have experience with this? Thanks in advance.I live here in Oklahoma City and have gotten League Pass for the last 7-8 years....The only blackouts I get are from OKC Thunder games which we get here for free anyways...All the other games you will get unless they are on TNT, NBATV,ESPN or ABC...The only thing that sucks is that only a few games are available in HD, hopefully that will be a new feature this year, but I wouldn't hold my breathe on it?...Oh and one other thing that sucks is if you like SPURS don't look forward to too many games being nationally televised...That is why League Pass is a must for me during an NBA season!!...Good Luck and if you love your SPURS like me League Pass is well worth the $...

TDfan2007
10-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Looks like it's worth my $$$.

justinandimcool
10-15-2012, 09:24 PM
cable league pass with just your provider is shit, LP broadband with just 5 teams is amazing (HD everything).

Destro
10-15-2012, 09:51 PM
cable league pass with just your provider is shit, LP broadband with just 5 teams is amazing (HD everything).

I agree, I buy the LP Internet pick 5 teams package. The Internet quality is much better than the cable version. I'm on the east coast so I like being able to watch the west coast games in the morning instead staying up late at night.

ploto
10-15-2012, 09:57 PM
So even games where there is a local feed in addition to the national coverage, are blacked out? That blows. My Internet provider in bumble f* Michigan doesn't stream espn games online (only espn 3), and I haven't had luck with TNT online.

They are blacked out to the "local" audience only. So, if you live in bumble f* Michigan, they may black out Pistons games that are aired locally and all the national games. If you want to see the Spurs, then that should still be pretty good.

spursnatic
10-15-2012, 10:06 PM
cable league pass with just your provider is shit, LP broadband with just 5 teams is amazing (HD everything).Well with purchase of Cable League Pass you get th Broadband for free and you are not limited to just a 5 team package...

spurs1990
10-15-2012, 11:17 PM
Another vote for the broadband pass here.

My favorite part of it is that the games are cached instantly, so if you catch the game late you can just watch from tip-off and by the time the commercials set in you'll catch up to live ball. Plus you can go back and watch the games at any point.

Well worth the $170.

bthewigwam
10-16-2012, 10:26 AM
I've had both, and I glady pay the $179 now for every game on my tv, honestly I just feel closer to the game. You can still skip commercials if you start late, just DVR or pause at the beginning to do other things then start 15 minutes later. If you don't want to pay the cost for the tv option though and only care about Spurs games, one thing I did when I had broadband was buy a cable to hook my laptop into the tv and an audio wire doing the same, there's your work around for the cheaper option but still having it on your television. Again, I just prefer the tv option for better clarity (that could be my laptop and connection tho), better audio, and more games.

bthewigwam
10-16-2012, 10:27 AM
And as spursnatic said, you still get broadband for free to watch from somewhere else.

TDMVPDPOY
10-16-2012, 10:33 AM
fkn 1st world countries with 3rd world problems...fkn pathetic, even down here also...

cd98
10-16-2012, 12:24 PM
When I lived in Dallas, I got the League Pass and they didn't black out Spurs games (they blacked out Mav games). But that wasn't a big deal because (1) I hated the Mavs, and (2) I could get the Mav games on the local channels. I thought the internet viewing sucked though. Maybe they've improved it, but when I had it, it was nearly worthless.

jermaine
10-16-2012, 01:23 PM
I ive in Dallas an ive had League pass for the last r4yrs. Last yr was like no other. Man it was a guessing game with time warner tryna see if i would be able to see a Spurs game or if it was blacked out. They couldnt give me a reason or anything so they wont get to fuck me again this yr. Imma just try to stream gms or something. FUCK TIME WARNER

CGD
10-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Thanks all. I think I'm sold too.

Embedded
10-17-2012, 08:50 AM
I've had League Pass Broadband for a few years - nothing like sitting in an airplane seat while the door is open and watching on Verizon 4G. While it's not perfect, it has improved every year to the point where I can count on it 95% of the time. Surprisingly, the Spurs-Hawks preseason game was on a very crisp HD feed that I watched on wifi. That game wasn't on TV and I didn't think I had a chance to see it.

jinsatx
10-17-2012, 12:06 PM
hey guys... i too live near ft. worth in granbury.... got charter cable so no nba channel or league pass available... bought the ROKU XS and it works fine with steaming content from netflix and vudu as my internet connection is fast and i have a super fast wireless router... does anybody here know if the league pass using the ROKU is any good... also, will subscribing to league pass also give me the actual NBA channel... really need to get the spurs games... wife and i were season ticket holders for the past few years and although we have moved we must see our spurs... any help would be appreciated... also, should we get the 5 team package or the whole league package as we are huge nba fans too... just wondering if 5 teams is enough or all is too much... the diff in price is of no concern.... thanks and GO SPURS

urunobili
10-17-2012, 05:50 PM
Have any of you seen a promo to just get "your team" games on international league pass like last season? 140 is the only package i've seen available TBH... :depressed

SpurCharger
10-19-2012, 08:22 PM
I have Direct Tv, And I Live in San diego.... I have Had The league Pass for 5 years now. I have never had a issue with it.

Spursone
10-20-2012, 07:11 AM
I live in Fort Worth and am wondering how watching Spurs games on league pass will work as far as blackouts are concerned. Any Spurs fans in the Dallas/North Texas area have experience with this? Thanks in advance.

I had League pass a few years ago and cancelled it almost immediately, It was not high def. and the the pictures were cropped on the big screen. I don't know if that has changed, but I would definitely look into it. When I had to go to Dallas for work related training a couple of years ago I discovered a website where you can watch live streaming games for computer, but with a slight delay, but still worked. I don't remmember the website, but it lets you go to out of markets games in many sports and even tv shows. If I can figure out I will send a post.

Good Luck.

urunobili
10-20-2012, 08:44 AM
anyone has a shareable promo code for the INTL LP Broadband?

urunobili
10-20-2012, 08:55 AM
anyone has a shareable promo code for the INTL LP Broadband?

disregard I found one!

D-rob fan
10-20-2012, 04:01 PM
I live in the Dallas area. Mavs/Spurs games are blacked out on NBA league pass. You can watch them on local channels if they are are on the local channels. In the past they were on TX21. Last year however, I think because of the blackout, they didn't get an agreement in place with TX21. So last year they were only on the cable channel Fox Sports Southwest. Hopefully your line-up includes it.

In addition, NBA league pass doesn't show NBA TV games. Some providers include NBATV with league pass, others do not. They showed one mavs/spurs game on NBATV last year.

So last year since I did not have FSSW and NBATV, I had to resort to finding the airing online. Was not the best quality and sometimes were in a foreign language or no sound at all.

txstr1986
10-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Does anyone know if I need to buy the broadband version to watch games on my iPad or if I can get away with the mobile version? There's a pretty big price difference between the two.

Also, is there a PS# or Xbox app so you can stream games that way? I had MLB broadband package this summer and could stream the games through my PS3.

bthewigwam
10-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Does anyone know if I need to buy the broadband version to watch games on my iPad or if I can get away with the mobile version? There's a pretty big price difference between the two.

Also, is there a PS# or Xbox app so you can stream games that way? I had MLB broadband package this summer and could stream the games through my PS3.

I don't know but I just spent a good 10 minutes at work watching your sig, haha, I love it. Had seen it on your posts before and it always makes me laugh, just thought I'd give you props.

jermaine
10-23-2012, 06:06 PM

I seen that this morning. its only $26 a mth for the 5 team package. Spurs, Lakers, Heat, Celtics, an Nets! But I hope they dont blackout spurs gms like tv does.

txstr1986
10-23-2012, 06:52 PM
I don't know but I just spent a good 10 minutes at work watching your sig, haha, I love it. Had seen it on your posts before and it always makes me laugh, just thought I'd give you props.

Haha, thanks. I love the look on Tony's face as he watches Tim.

txstr1986
10-23-2012, 06:55 PM
I seen that this morning. its only $26 a mth for the 5 team package. Spurs, Lakers, Heat, Celtics, an Nets! But I hope they dont blackout spurs gms like tv does.

I think they would blackout the local games. I live in DC and all of the Texas Rangers games were blacked out online up here if they were playing Baltimore or on national tv.

D-rob fan
10-23-2012, 07:23 PM

Unfortunately NBA broadband does the same thing as TV. I was never able to watch Spurs games in San Antonio.

jermaine
10-24-2012, 12:56 AM
Unfortunately NBA broadband does the same thing as TV. I was never able to watch Spurs games in San Antonio.

I'm in Dallas man. I hope they don't give me the wood like last yr. But go be able go watch on my xbox ain't bad. I don't watch to many teams anyways. The Heat, Lakers, etc is cor if my boys come over.

MI21
10-24-2012, 03:18 AM
Is there any Australians in here having trouble downloading the NBA Game Time App for there Android device?

I can download it on my iPhone and watch the games on my computer, but when I try to download the app for Android it gives me some crap about this app is not available in your country.

iminol
10-24-2012, 01:56 PM
119$ for season regular, ASG, playoffs & finals. In HD. No black outs. Mobile League Pass on Android/apple included.

... sometimes it's good to live in Poland.

jermaine
10-24-2012, 04:48 PM
Can u watch preseason games if I order now. The broadband one for xbox? Anyone know

DPG21920
10-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Don't think pre-season is available on league pass, but I may be wrong.

benstanfield
10-24-2012, 07:25 PM
So if I order league pass broadband but I live in Austin, I can't watch home games except on cable? The fuck? All I want to do is to be able to watch the games after they're over when I get home from work, is that really impossible without DVR?

jermaine
10-24-2012, 07:32 PM
So if I order league pass broadband but I live in Austin, I can't watch home games except on cable? The fuck? All I want to do is to be able to watch the games after they're over when I get home from work, is that really impossible without DVR?
YOUR PROBLEM IS SIMPLE . GET DVR AN DONT LOOK UP THE SCORE OR GET ON SPURSTALK

monkeypunk
10-24-2012, 07:36 PM
Don't think pre-season is available on league pass, but I may be wrong.

Pre-season games are on league pass, at least the ilp version.

monkeypunk
10-24-2012, 07:39 PM

I live in Austin and got burned with reg League Pass and the "local" blackouts last year so I used a proxy service and got International League Pass this year. It's more but you get all the games, playoffs and all without blackouts.

MI21
10-25-2012, 08:53 AM
119$ for season regular, ASG, playoffs & finals. In HD. No black outs. Mobile League Pass on Android/apple included.

Hey, I had the same thing last season - this season, I cant get it to work on my android device.. I spoke to support and they said NBA Game Time on Android will not support International League Pass Broadband..

jermaine
10-26-2012, 07:20 PM
I got the Broadband one, but now how do I get it to link up on xbox. They telling me at the start of the season, click some link to view on my computer.

Nathan Explosion
10-26-2012, 09:19 PM

The NFL has that product at $60 for the whole season, playoffs and Super Bowl, plus past Super Bowls, all 22 cam and telestrator if you need to diagram for some reason. I'd imagine that League Pass is that much is because the season is longer.

spursnatic
10-27-2012, 12:02 PM
I must say if you buy LP, pay in full if you have the money?..Cause they will draw it out in 4 payments or so and you will be paying out the ass in taxes

dougp
10-28-2012, 09:39 AM
I must say if you buy LP, pay in full if you have the money?..Cause they will draw it out in 4 payments or so and you will be paying out the ass in taxes

It's the same amount of taxes ...

capek
10-31-2012, 07:09 PM
WHAT THE FUCK! Purchased LP broadband last night, got all ready for opening night, and it's fucking AUDIO ONLY. In Houston, TX. WTF??? Proximity to NO? Why the hell would it be blacked out here????:bang

oh it's on NBATV...god dammit

txstr1986
10-31-2012, 07:18 PM
WHAT THE FUCK! Purchased LP broadband last night, got all ready for opening night, and it's fucking AUDIO ONLY. In Houston, TX. WTF??? Proximity to NO? Why the hell would it be blacked out here????:bang

oh it's on NBATV...god dammit

It's blacked-out because the game is on NBA TV, not because you're in Houston. I live in DC and purchased LP Broadband this morning but still can't watch the game on my iPad.

Luckily I subscribe to NBA TV, but I'm in class right now and won't be home for another hour or so...

spursnatic
10-31-2012, 09:53 PM
It's the same amount of taxes ...No if you pay in full it's only 179 flat...If you let them take it out in 4 payments taxes will eat your lunch
..Trust me I have done this a time or two

dougp
11-01-2012, 08:01 PM
No if you pay in full it's only 179 flat...If you let them take it out in 4 payments taxes will eat your lunch
..Trust me I have done this a time or two
Ok, let's do some simple math.
Tax = 8.5% or .085 (Actually varies, I use 8.5 as a simple number.)
Total Price = $179 or 179/4 = $44.75 x 4 payments
$179 * 1.085 = $194.22
$44.75 * 1.085 = $48.55 * 4 = $194.20
Trust me, the math does not lie.

GrandeDavid
11-01-2012, 09:08 PM
I had the League Pass during the 2009-10 season while living in Brazil, and I found it to be a good investment. The only drawback is that was the year the Spurs got Jefferson and underachieved and I had to watch them
lose previously unheard of games more often than I wanted.

spursnatic
11-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Ok, let's do some simple math.
Tax = 8.5% or .085 (Actually varies, I use 8.5 as a simple number.)
Total Price = $179 or 179/4 = $44.75 x 4 payments
$179 * 1.085 = $194.22
$44.75 * 1.085 = $48.55 * 4 = $194.20
Trust me, the math does not lie.But I am saying paying it in one payment they do not charge taxes on it...It is a Flat Rate

Whisky Dog
11-02-2012, 12:01 PM
I've gotten league pass through TV every year from 2004 through 2010. Last season I got the mobile for my iPhone/iPad and I used an iPhone to HDMI converter and hooked it to the 42" TV in my bedroom streaming off my wifi. I enjoyed it and well worth $49.99 instead of $179 for the season.

Plus I don't have to DVR games anymore I just load them any time I have time to watch. It's also good if you're traveling and want to watch and also for not looking at the scores then loading each NBA game for a day and watching the last 5 to 6 4th quarter minutes if it's a close game.

cantthinkofanything
11-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Be careful. I've got League Pass and they keep showing these old games from when Matt Bonner is still on the team.

capek
11-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Is it just me or does the quality really degrade on NBALP Broadband as you move down from 1 team full screen, to 4 teams at once, to archived games? I have a 20 mb connection, but the PQ of 4 at a time contains TONS of compression artifacts, making motion really blurry and taking out much of the detail of the image. Watchable but pretty shitty. And the first archived game I watched last night, well was almost unwatchable. Constant pauses to load, and really choppy playback. Restarting the application didn't help.

So, has this been what other people have experienced? My one thought, does anyone know if the data centers the NBA uses for its LP BB are located in the NE and could have been affected by that **** Sandy? Otherwise I have to say fuck you NBA, selling something as a premium product for a premium price when in fact in fact you're using shit technology that was outdated 5 years ago and delivers a crappy user experience. :(

edited to add: Also, any recommendations for the 4 & 5th teams for the 5 pack? I got Spurs, Lakers, and OKC, but I'm not quite sure about the last two selections. :wakeup